Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lupei Sensitivity

The Lupei Sensitivity

I've been stuck on Level 2 of The Lupei Sensitivity escalation for nearly 4 hours now.

I have no problems getting the disguise and assassinating Tomos Persson but I'm have having major problem hacking the laptop.

I keep getting spotted.

The process of hacking just takes too long and no matter when I choose to start the hacking someone decides to look in my direction.

I'm now starting to hate the game. Getting spotted then having to do the whole pacifiy the massage expert to get the suit then assassinate the target over and over and over and over again is time consuming and really starting to drive me mad.

So does anyone have any hints on getting the hacking done?

YouTubes no help as they just make it look easy and give absolutely no hints on the exact time to start hacking

Had an idea of getting rid of that cop and that guy sitting crying by blowing them up with rubber ducks. After the frustration they have caused me they deserve death. Thought it worked well until I realised it was now impossible to finish because the laptop got damaged in the explosion.

Seriously this is the most frustrating escalation contract in the game.

WTF, Finally done level 2 by blowing those guys up who are near the laptop and now level 3 says no pacifications.

Is there another masseur suit somewhere because apart from the 2 guys near the laptop and the mark I don't want to have to kill anyone?

Ok. I'm done with this.

It's impossible to hack the laptop without that guy who is sitting in the chair spotting you.

The only option is to kill him. Because there is no way to distract him long enough to hack it

This is extremely bad level design.

What has been an enjoyable game so far his totally ruined by this mission.

I want the option to do the mission stealthily but it is impossible to do it without killing because that guy in the chair always spots you hacking the laptop.

Either the game is bugged or I am missing something totally obvious to get him distracted enough to hack the laptop.

This mission is definitely bugged. Followed instructions in various youtube videos and the guy in the chair always spots me even though he never spots them in videos that are from a month ago.

Clearly a title update has broke this mission

Same problem here and I don't know what to do. Two seconds into the hacking process and the guy on the coach immediatly spots me and the mission is over.

There are actually a few things concerning the AI where I think, that they don't work as intended - and if they do, I absolutely dislike them. Some examples:

- Guards don't react to gunshot impacts at all. You can literally empty a whole magazin out of a silenced weapon in front of their feet without them even batting an eye.

- The whole distraction system seems broken to me. You can drop a coin two meters behind a guy and get no reaction, yet another one far away comes to inspect what is going on. Good example is in the escalation mission we are talking about. I tried to distract the guard in the room with the masseur and in some cases he just keeps sitting down and the masseur who is standing in the other corner of the room immediately disconnects his phone call to inspect the scene.

I really would like to know if this is working as intended or if there is any mistake from my side.

I found distracting the guard in the room with the masseur problematic. Sometimes the guard is distracted and sometimes its the masseur.

I have since found that picking the soda can up off the table, Waiting for the third guy who pops in every now and then to leave the room, then standing behind the guard and throwing the can at his head is the best way. Then you have just enough time to pacify the masseur and drag both the guard and the masseur into the cupboard then put on the masseur disguise before the third guy comes back in the room.

The room with the laptop is the biggest problem though. That guy in the chair is definitely bugged. I managed to do it once where he didn't detect the hacking but I have since been unable to reproduce it.

I've actually given up on that escalation. Now on level 3 and there is a no pacification complication. It means you have to find the masseur outfit in the basement tunnels. But get spotted by a guard or camera and its practically game over again. Once you get through the tunnels you still have to deal with the laptop but with the bug that makes the guy in the chair spot you 99.999% of the times it's impossible to do.
    Last edited by Malacath; 31st Jul 2016 at 11:53. Reason: typo

Until pacification is removed, it is easy.

When you have to hack the laptop, you wait for the one guy that is your target to leave and turn on the copy machine at the back. That draws the janitor's attention. The conversation between the guard and the guy on the couch must be over. The guard will be staring out the window or at the whiteboard. You have more than 20 seconds if you head there right after starting the copy machine.

Level 5 you are on your own, screw that level.

Quote Originally Posted by RW_Slick View Post
    Until pacification is removed, it is easy.

When you have to hack the laptop, you wait for the one guy that is your target to leave and turn on the copy machine at the back. That draws the janitor's attention. The conversation between the guard and the guy on the couch must be over. The guard will be staring out the window or at the whiteboard. You have more than 20 seconds if you head there right after starting the copy machine.

Level 5 you are on your own, screw that level.
    Thanks. I'll give the copy machine a try. Although it's the guy sitting on the chair that always spots me but maybe the copy machine noise also draws his attention?

Nope. Using the copy machine doesn't work.

The guy in the chair always magically knows i'm using the laptop even though he is looking down.

Game is definitely bugged and this escalation is broken and should either be fixed or removed from the game.

Made a quick video to show where the problem is. Maybe someone knows a solution, although I doubt it, because in every walkthrough video I've found so far the guy never got suspicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6scHrRi8bkk

That's basically what happens to me.

Also I see you are on PC. I'm on Xbox so looks like the bug probably effects all platforms.

Looks to me like you are rushing.

After getting the disguise, I would always run upstairs into that room first. I get that everyone wants to finish in 15 seconds, but this one takes some patience in my experience. By running into that room, I initiate the long convo between the guard and Olander. WHile that is happening, I take care of the guy with the knife. When I am done, they are done and THEN I set off the copy machine. he has never spotted me while I am hacking using that method. I think what happens with you is that he is still making the head motions as if he were talking to the guard.

I would post it, but I have completed that one and the 5th level is a real pain. I do not want to start over.

Thank you for your input RW_Slick. I am rushing because I've played through this section like a hundred times and it really gets annoying

I just tried it two times with your method and I am sorry to say, but this also doesn't work for me. I've waited for them to finish their whole conversation and once the janitor had walked of and the guard had turned to the window I started the hacking process. It took maybe three seconds and I got my cover blown once again from the guy sitting on the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1911 View Post
    Made a quick video to show where the problem is. Maybe someone knows a solution, although I doubt it, because in every walkthrough video I've found so far the guy never got suspicious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6scHrRi8bkk
    Not really a lot you can say about this tbh. at 3:15 the guy sat down spots you because he turns his head about 1cm to the left. And since the latest patch people are 'too alert'. The game is now broken as . IOI I don't know what the hell you were thinking changing the basic game mechanics of NPC's 4 months after the game was released but you have broken it plain and simple. There's no dispute. Please for the love of god, change it back.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by RW_Slick View Post
    Looks to me like you are rushing.

After getting the disguise, I would always run upstairs into that room first. I get that everyone wants to finish in 15 seconds, but this one takes some patience in my experience. By running into that room, I initiate the long convo between the guard and Olander. WHile that is happening, I take care of the guy with the knife. When I am done, they are done and THEN I set off the copy machine. he has never spotted me while I am hacking using that method. I think what happens with you is that he is still making the head motions as if he were talking to the guard.
    Like my original post said I spent 4 hours doing level 2 I did not rush at all. I was waiting for them to finish talking and the guy in the chair always spots me. There is only so many rimes you can redo a section over and over before you get inpatient and rush.

Its now got to the point when I dont even bother getting the disguise and killing the mark because its so frustrating to do all that only to have the guy in the chair spot me.

I've used every guide on YouTube and none of them work.

Game is definitely broken.

@RW_Slick

Just tested what you said about rushing. Didn't interrupt conversation, let it finish.

Again the guy in the chair spots me. So as usual he leaves me no option but to empty as many bullets as I can into him until I die.

Because of this bug I'm thinking the only way to complete this mission now is to kill him and wait for everything to calm down before attempting the laptop again. Although killing him without being spotted is difficult unless you use the red duck. It also means silent assassin is now impossible.

I really hope this is fixed in the next update.

Yep the only way to hack the laptop now is to kill the guy in the chair.

Just finally reached level 4.

I did it by shooting the chair guy in the head with the silent silverballer.
    Although crime was spotted, I wasn't so I sneaked out of the room and went and disabled cameras while waiting for the searching status to finish

Once everything was back to normal I made sure the cop and janitor were not watching and had no problems hacking the laptop.

Because I could no longer earn a silent assassin I decided that rather that waste time sneaking through the tunnels to get the disguise I would just kill the cop and the masseur in the TV room to get the disguise. The rest of the mission was easy after this.

I really hope they fix the bug because I would really like to complete this again with a silent assassin rating.

OMG. Got to level 5 by killing the guy in the chair. And laptop has moved and it's now 1000 times easier to hack. Just put emetic poison in both glasses and once they get their dodgy stomachs turn on the hoover to distract the cop, then make sure the other guy isn't looking and hack away.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacath View Post
    Yep the only way to hack the laptop now is to kill the guy in the chair.
    You forgot about subdue everyone.

I didn't test it enough but this guy looks to be last to check everything (except coin 2 metres from him - but it's not enough for 20 seconds). You can also use fire extinguisher for pacification.

Quote Originally Posted by o777o_Karamati View Post
    You forgot about subdue everyone.

I didn't test it enough but this guy looks to be last to check everything (except coin 2 metres from him - but it's not enough for 20 seconds). You can also use fire extinguisher for pacification.
    When you reach level 3, pacification is not allowed. Pacify anyone and its game over. So killing is the only option.

1 non-taget kill it's about 8-9k, about 1 minute, i think i can distract them quicker. Probably 3 people to distract at once.

Having the same problem with the laptop. Somehow managed to get past level 2 without killing him in the chair but stuck at level 3

It's when he is scratching his head that he notices you. Problem is, how often he does it is totally random after a few tests

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast