Thread: Thief 3 screenies

Thief 3 screenies

1. Thumbs Up Thief 3 screenies

Hi All,
    I just found some screenies of T3 at THIS SITE

Sorry if you've seen them before. But I haven't

[EDIT] 2 of them are at the Circle

"Thief 3 will easily be able to handle over 100 times the polygon count of Thief and Thief II." WOW! I hope I'll have a video card by then that will handle it.

I also hope the up the audio support. I'd really like to see if the Audigy helps to separate and attenuate sounds correctly. It was a bit buggy in T1 and T2. You'd lean out a door and the sound came from behind you.

Thanks for the link, Thorin. I had seen these already, but they're always worth a second look!! The nicest thing about these screenies is that they have much more of the look of TG rather than T2, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned. We're back to cathedrals & spooky things & not a bot to be seen.

I love the cathedral picture, although I suspect that the sitting room screen shot will be what the final game looks like.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

I think those old screenies are why we haven't seen anything since.
    Keep a lid on it until it looks decent lads.

Some of those pics are artists renderings and not screen shots. Maybe all of them are. Some may even be unrelated to Thief. They are ovbiously unfinished. Evidently these are not an official release of the developer. I agree with Muzman.

I’m surprised you haven’t seen them before Thorin? They’ve been around for a while. I suspect the screenshots are nothing more than render tests and mock ups. Thief 2 can handle around a 1000 polygons on screen before the scene starts to break up for being too complex. So for T3 we’re talking about over a 100,000 polygons on screen? AND with fully dynamic lights and shadows? Looks like Grey Mouser’s VideoSmoker 3000 will be the only Graphics card to run T3 smoothly!

I just love that cathedral screen shot.

About that picture of the room, that bed sure looks alot more comfortable than the beds in Thief 1 and 2. That's a mock-up, a first-glimpse or prototype of what we're gonna see. I read somewhere that the screenshot is below half the visual quality that they're going for. There's gonna be dynamic shadows on the walls of that room, reflective high-lights on certain objects such as vases, and improved textures.

The cathederal one at least is definatley a Lightwave render.

OUCH!!!!!!

If that first pic is suppose to be Garrett... the story line is either set in the future or it's an ominous indication that T3 won't be released for another 25 or 30 years heh

Just kidding... I hope

XXXOOO
    Speedy

Originally posted by DJC
    The cathederal one at least is definatley a Lightwave render.
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is a Lightwave render?

13. Lightwave is an application for creating 3d images and objects.
    After you've made your scene/object you Render it. (A 3d Image)

DJC Could be Maya?

It could be Studio Max? Whatever; it’s a render. But that’s the type of detail you’d want from a game that still has over a year left (if not much more) in its development. I hope that’s the kind of quality we’ll be seeing in T3.

It was actually stated as being a render made with Lightwave

Thumbs Up

How about those things in the grass in #3. They look pretty scary!
    "Join us...join us now...you're so close!"
    --Bat-mite

Basically, we'll be getting roughly the same visual quality as in Deus Ex 2, of which real screens have actually been released.

BTW, if you haven't seen anything on DX2, or have only seen the short robot clip, here's a longer movie:

http://www.itavisen.no/art/1298808.html

You have to scroll down a bit to find it.
    -ChangelingJane-

Is this possibly a preview of what the game will look like?
    Thief 3 picture

I used to think it was just a painting, but ...

Compare it with this image from a 3D benchmark:
    3D Benchmark Screen Shot

Can you imagine what it would be like to walk through that landscape?
    A friend of mine says when you run the benchmark software on a GForce3, then the grass sways and the water flows.

You may have your wish Zaccheus, heres a screen shot of UT 2003. Showing animated grass. So you never know we may also get to see realistic foliage in T3 yet

UT2003 sceenshot