Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: The Twin Elusive Target FAILED BECAUSE OF UNCLEAR BREIFING

  1. #1

    The Twin Elusive Target FAILED BECAUSE OF UNCLEAR BREIFING

    I just failed the elusive target "The Twin" because Square Enix made a parameter of the contract extremely subjective. No harm is to come to Gonzalez? Throughout the game thus far that has meant DO NOT KILL. If you don't want us to pacify him, then just say that. We don't get another chance at these, so we don't have the opportunity to figure out what exactly "harm" means to you people, we just have to guess. Why the hell did giving him rat poison not count as harm, but pacifying him did? It's a completely arbitrary line in the sand! I love the elusive target concept, but I am not going to even attempt the next one if the parameters are as vague as that. It's really disappointing to have a failure on my stats permanently because you guys chose such a subjective rule.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sapienza
    Posts
    742
    I knew this would happen. They posted about 5 times on twitter "DO NOT SUBDUE" (their way of telling us it's not mentioned in the briefing), and I asked them if it was too late to put it in the briefing because not everyone is on twitter., for this exact reason ! I saw this coming. People taking "do not harm" as "do not kill" and failing. I didn't know if rat poison was harmful or not, so I just stayed away from that method. They should have said "do not TOUCH Gonzales". Then again, you shouldn't have even touched Gonzales just to play it safe, so the fault lies on both sides.
    Last edited by jimbianco; 29th Jul 2016 at 21:14.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by x_SlipperyPete_x View Post
    I just failed the elusive target "The Twin" because Square Enix made a parameter of the contract extremely subjective. No harm is to come to Gonzalez? Throughout the game thus far that has meant DO NOT KILL. If you don't want us to pacify him, then just say that. We don't get another chance at these, so we don't have the opportunity to figure out what exactly "harm" means to you people, we just have to guess. Why the hell did giving him rat poison not count as harm, but pacifying him did? It's a completely arbitrary line in the sand! I love the elusive target concept, but I am not going to even attempt the next one if the parameters are as vague as that. It's really disappointing to have a failure on my stats permanently because you guys chose such a subjective rule.
    I don't understand how you can say it was vague? Diana clearly said NO HARM to Gonzalez. To me, that meant not a hair on his chiny chin chin should get hurt. If it means that he could get poisoned but not subdued, well, that's not something I would have ever even thought of doing even though I saw them in the wine shop and taste testing a glass, based on the parameter "NO HARM TO GONZALEZ."

    That alone made me stay away from him all together in every way.
    signature image

  4. #4
    I'm inclined to agree. When it says "no harm" I think "how can I do this, preferably without even scaring the target"? I certainly don't think "okay, I can wrap my hands/arm around his neck" or "I bet he'd love to meet Mr Wrench at high speed". (Normally I'm all about "how would you like a screwdriver to the face, my good sir?" ...)

    My solution was gun fire -- bullet impacts freak out guards, but civilians tend not to care (though I wouldn't be upset if this changed). I suspect the bullet impact thing is more about proximity, but that works ...

    I was going to try a remote explosive but I thought better of it. The blast radius is pretty easy to work with if you've done it enough times, but it wasn't worth the risk, and I wanted to be sure to SA it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    17
    I agree with two previous posters. They've said it enough times and twitter feed confirmed -- just do not touch the second twin at all. I managed to do it with mastery level 1 (cuz of the bug) and got SA for it. Happy with myself.

  6. #6
    The OP doesn't have a foot to stand on. Diana not only said "no harm," she said "NO HARM WHATSOEVER." Even if "do not subdue" were never stated, let's look at this SUBJECTIVELY:

    Subdue methods:

    Sleeper hold: Knocks a person unconscious by cutting off their air supply - HARMFUL
    throwing anything at them that knocks them out vs killing them - ALSO HARMFUL

    There is a guy in the forum who calls himself "IMMADUMMEE" and he gets it.

    Sorry, but no sympathy for you if you even touched Gonzo intentionally.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RW_Slick View Post
    The OP doesn't have a foot to stand on. Diana not only said "no harm," she said "NO HARM WHATSOEVER." Even if "do not subdue" were never stated, let's look at this SUBJECTIVELY:

    Subdue methods:

    Sleeper hold: Knocks a person unconscious by cutting off their air supply - HARMFUL
    throwing anything at them that knocks them out vs killing them - ALSO HARMFUL

    There is a guy in the forum who calls himself "IMMADUMMEE" and he gets it.

    Sorry, but no sympathy for you if you even touched Gonzo intentionally.
    signature image

  8. #8
    Unclear briefing haha. That's funny.

    Sorry, but it couldn't have been any clearer.

    Not trying to be rude, but there really is just no helping some people.

    Like Slick said, cutting off someone's air supply would be classed as harm, I can't possibly imagine why you thought that would be acceptable. Would love to though.
    signature image

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sapienza
    Posts
    742
    ...and players like this are the reason we are stuck with this dumbed down version of the game. .... by the way it's spelled "briefing".
    Last edited by jimbianco; 20th Jul 2016 at 19:41.

  10. #10
    Almost feels redundant at this point but I also agree it was crystal clear what the mission parameters were.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Immadummee View Post
    I don't understand how you can say it was vague? Diana clearly said NO HARM to Gonzalez. To me, that meant not a hair on his chiny chin chin should get hurt. If it means that he could get poisoned but not subdued, well, that's not something I would have ever even thought of doing even though I saw them in the wine shop and taste testing a glass, based on the parameter "NO HARM TO GONZALEZ."

    That alone made me stay away from him all together in every way.
    It's not vague, it's just inconsistent with what "do not harm" generally means in this game. It means do not kill, but subduing them or poisoning them was always fine. Since most people are not reading about Hitman on twitter, them posting it there doesn't help most people. They should have been more clear in the briefing, period, or give you the win anyway even if you subdue him... even if that was not the original plan when they finalized the contract.

    In the fake world of movies and games, making someone pass out temporarily by giving them a sleeper hold is "unharmful". As in, they have no injury or permanent effect from it. Real life, of course, is different... but "do not harm" in a game like this needs to be more clear, especially with one-try only, limited time missions.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sapienza
    Posts
    742
    they should've just said "DO NOT TOUCH", for the simple minded fanbase.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •