Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

As much as I enjoyed FFVII, and a few of the side stories/movies/games, I can't say that I fully enjoyed all of Crisis Core. I felt a lot of the stuff was just weird to even add to the series. I don't know, it was a good game, and filled in quite a bit for it being a prequel. But Genesis and Angeal didn't fit in as well as I thought they would. The ending was great though, like you mentioned.

I enjoyed Cricis Core thoroughly. It had a great ending too. Just wish they'd finish Genesis's story already.

Yeah I kinda felt that Angeal and Genesis were out of place.

Originally Posted by imported_SilverArrow20XX

I enjoyed Crisis Core thoroughly. It had a great ending too. Just wish they'd finish Genesis's story already.

All this after take genesis and that happens to him after that?

The ending of CC:FF7, yeah it was definitely one of the sadness ending the the FF series. It completely out beats FFX when Tidus disappears.

Everyone who's every played FF7 all knew Zack was gonna die. But to go through his life and see what a great guy he is made his death much more painful. In FF7, he was kinda like a side character you didn't know much about, so you didn't really care. They definitely did justice for Zack, seeing how he's not a side character, but a real HERO! Although it would be much better if he never died. *sign* but he needed to die for the that blonde headed, cross-dressing, arcade loving, Chocobo gambling, spiky haired guy who WAS adorable and puppy like, then became crazy and super emotional Cloud, so he can gather people to save the Planet from the super psycho Sephiroth and the Meteor.

About Angeal and Genesis being out of place...it wasn't bad to have them in the story, because they made Sephiroth more human. He had friends and then went crazy because of everything that happened. He too was a victim of Dr. Hoho's experiments.

Beside if it wasn't for Angeal, Zack wouldn't have the Buster Sword, or be the cool, handsome, puppy-dog character I love (yeah it's not WE, cause I don't know why you like him).

And yes, I agree. Genesis's story really needs to end soon. I know he appeared at the end of Dirge of Cerberus (opps...was that suppose to be a secret ending?...anyways) the only thing he's really know for is the red and black outfit and the fact that he kept reading Loveless and says "The gift of the goddess...." and so on he goes...but that's one really short play he's reading.

Angeal and Genesis were both kinda needed, and I didn't think they were out of place. Since Dirge came out before Crisis Core, they had to explain Genesis because of all the teasing they did about him in Dirge with the G Reports basically saying that
    Angeal was needed for character development for Zach, so that they could allow us to be more emotionally attached to him. In these roles, I thought both characters did their part well.

Also, if they do continue the compilation of FFVII, I have a feeling that the passage Genesis always read about the gift of the Goddess will become prophetic in some way, which is why they kept drilling it into our heads with every Genesis cutscene.

As a side note, is there any way to play Before Crisis nowadays that anyone knows of? I doubt we can still find it anywhere (being a cellphone game from 8 years ago and all), but I think I would enjoy playing it if it was possible

I've only played FFVII and CC, I haven't been around to play Dirge of Cerberus.

It's a decent game, not nearly as good as most other SE games though IMO. I usually don't like shooters, though, which is why. I would say it's worth picking up if you see it at a used game shop for like 15 bucks or less, just don't go in to it expecting a continuation of Cloud's story. Dirge is all about our vampire/zombie/other undead beastly friend Vincent, and takes place shortly after the events of Advent Children. The game got a lot of hate because it didn't focus on Cloud, Tifa, Barret, or Nanaki (they all got cameos, nothing of importance to the story though), but instead on Vincent, Yuffie, and Cait Sith with a little bit of Cid importance (I read they wanted to put in more of Nanaki, but didn't have the tools to properly render his fur at the time for normal cutscenes, so he just had a cameo in the CGI ending sequence).

Yeah, well story is important, I might decide to get it if they have it for DLC on the PSN sometime in the future if they decide to.

Originally Posted by Basho
    As a side note, is there any way to play Before Crisis nowadays that anyone knows of? I doubt we can still find it anywhere (being a cellphone game from 8 years ago and all), but I think I would enjoy playing it if it was possible

Hajime Tabata said he'd like to remake it for the 3DS. That seems to be our best hope.

Cool I wouldnt mind it being on the 3DS.

I saw this video on youtube about two months ago and I keep coming back to watch it. It is one of the best fan made video trailers for a Final Fantasy game.

***Warning The video is somewhat spoilerish for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

I would love to hear what you guys think of the trailer. Please comment below.

<object width="640" height="360" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/P7j0Zwvzn88?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></object>

It's ok, I think the music is kinda off and it's too loud cause it distracts the voices from the characters. But that's my opinion.

I was close to bawling like a little kid when I beat Crisis Core the first time. Playing that song while the gamers keeps getting flashes of the awesomeness of Zack after he dies in front of Cloud just really yanked of the good ol' emotions ;A;

I would love to buy and play this game again for the third time so I can play it on the beautiful Vita screen. Why have they not made this a downloadable game yet?

my guess, due to the FFVII myth, one day there is a chance all of FFVII will be redesigned and released as a single package, when that day comes, crisis core will be downloadable

In the meantime, I'm be searching for the lost city of Atlantis

Crisis Core, Birth by Sleep, FF I and II... all of these would be wonderful to have digital versions so people could play them on their Vitas.

Originally Posted by Fire

Crisis Core, Birth by Sleep, FF I and II... all of these would be wonderful to have digital versions so people could play them on their Vitas.

You nailed it. I still have a PSP for just these games. If they added them to the Vita list I would purchase in a split second.

Don't forget Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth.

I don't know if this is true, but I had heard that the reason we do not have Crisis Core is because there is a copywright issue with the song at the end. If this is the case, don't expect it for download. Although I think it should be available.

I hadn't heard that... hopefully it gets resolved or something because I would really like to play this on my Vita's screen.

Actually, Zack had a decent fanbase long before CC in the early FF7 days. I'm one of the few fans who actually liked Zack over Cloud, even though you only see him in cutscenes. The hidden cutscene in Nibelheim that showed how he got Cloud to Midgar really sealed the deal for me. That black hedgehog head won my heart for over 10 years and when Crisis Core was announced, there was no doubt in my mind that I would get it.

It has to happen. The game did so well plus most everything else Square has put out is on PSN as far as big games go. I'd really like to play Crisis Core on my Vita, so who's with me?

That'd be nice. I'd rather they invest the time and resources into something new and doing this for a game that sells cheaply for a physical version is risky. But at least it'd be a port of a good game

I'd definitely like to play this on my vita.

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last