Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Nosgoth Game & Web Presence closure schedule

Nosgoth Game & Web Presence closure schedule

Nosgoth Game & Web Presence closure schedule

Hello everyone,

With the 31st of May drawing ever closer, we want to let you know what to expect as Nosgoth goes offline for the final time.

• May 31st – Nosgoth’s Steam page will be taken offline. The Community Hub and Steam Forum will remain online until the 20th of June.
    • May 31st – Nosgoth will go into maintenance for the final time at 11:59 PM PDT. It will no longer be possible to log into Nosgoth after this point.
    • June 1st – The Nosgoth website will go offline. www.Nosgoth.com will redirect to the Nosgoth forum.
    • June 1st – Nosgoth game servers are taken offline. (Those who log in prior to maintenance on the 31st may be able to continue to play until this point).
    • June 14th – The Nosgoth forum will be archived under the Legacy of Kain category here. It will be possible to view old Nosgoth threads and posts, but it will not be possible to make new posts. We will create a new General Discussion section for Nosgoth within the LoK category with which any future discussion of the game can take place.
    • June 20th – Nosgoth’s Steam Community Hub and Steam Forum will be taken offline.

So there we have it. Now you should have a much better idea of when Nosgoth’s game servers and sites are going offline. Those of you who are gathering images and information from our various web pages also now have a better idea of the time that you have to work with.

If you have any questions about the timing, please don’t hesitate to ask.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Hey Oghamsmith,

when the community Hub goes offline, will the screenshot still be available? I'm no pro in things like the Steam mechanics xD
    signature image

Hi there,

No; when the Steam Community Hub goes offline, you won't be able to access anything related to Nosgoth on Steam (other than seeing the achievements in your profile, the cards, wallpapers that you may have unlocked via a Nosgoth Steam Badge), and the game installation itself.

Le fuuuuuuq!! People, please save all your screenies to your hard drive if you still love them!!!
    signature image

Plz go into maintenance mode later, so we can play for the whole may 31st! It's really important for me, because I won't be home at the morning Please!!
    signature image

Most players will be able to play throughout the entirety of the 31st. We're waiting until midnight on the west coast of America to bring maintenance up. That means it'll be around 7 AM CEST on the 1st when maintenance is brought online.

Thank you! So I can play tomorrow, too
    signature image

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Most players will be able to play throughout the entirety of the 31st. We're waiting until midnight on the west coast of America to bring maintenance up. That means it'll be around 7 AM CEST on the 1st when maintenance is brought online.
    How lovely; I think I finished my Nosgoth experience by struggling to level a bow before midnight.

The effect is toxic.

It's a perfect metaphor!

I may snark, and I may never buy a game from Squeenix or Psyonix again, but I really loved that both sexes and all skin tones were represented, able to be played without comment (except from other gamers, I guess.)

It's the little things.

Thanks for all the fish.

"We came all this way
    But now comes the day
    To bid you farewell"

I bid you all a very fond farewell.
    signature image

It was a one of the best GAMES in a long time i had alot of fun playing it.

Rest in peace NOSGOTH!!!

Have to end it with a LOK quote...

It was fun, while it lasted.

Goodbye Nosgoth.

Hey I got an idea, how about you don't shut the game down and get back to working on it?

Now I'm a bit confused because it's right past midnight in Europe and after my last game finished the connection to the Server was lost. I thought in tis timezone it lasted until the early morning?

Well, it doesn't really matter, I have to go to bed anyway. Thank you Psyonix, I had a wonderful evening. But now I'm really sad.

Now the humans and vampires can live a life in peace. They don't need to fight anymore. Nobody has to die a meaningless death anymore.
    Thank you for the great time and experiences we shared!

Love, peace & harmony
    Ubuntu

~ Varulven
    signature image

Fair thee well everyone and to Nosgoth, likely the LoK series as well.

Was great fun to play with everyone. We did what we could to support the continuation of Kain's Legacy, but today we must say farewell. Lots of great experiences, most of which were positive, thankfully.

Said it before, but I'll say it again at the end.....Psyonix did a great job with what they had to work with. I was glad to have a small part of it. Thanks everyone!

If you must hate someone, do it honestly...

I will miss this game dearly, I remember watching the trailers back in the day. And buying it as soon as paid beta was there.
    Very fun team game, wish it didn't go f2p but it was fine. I really wish I had more time with this game. Lots of fun, met friends, and all of that stuff.

Goodbye, Nosgoth.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Varulven
    Now the humans and vampires can live a life in peace. They don't need to fight anymore. Nobody has to die a meaningless death anymore.
    Heh

I'll miss Nosgoth a lot...how i wish they'd change their mind...
    Cya guys in the next LoK...if and when it happens ofc

Farewell Everyone, it has been one hell of an experience. This was my first and likely my only experience with being a tester. Now it is back to the void, waiting for any whispers of news relating to LOK. If it returns, I hope that it will have a multiplayer element; and I hope we will find each other again through it.

It is now no longer possible to log into Nosgoth. I'll be popping a more formal post online later today; but I just want to thank everyone for the awesome times I've had with this community, as well as everyone who worked on the game. Through thick and thin, we always managed to have a blast. Thank you for that.

Thank you to everyone who was involved in the production of this game, and everyone who played it.

Had a few good final matches. Spent some time roaming the maps in Noscam. Spent many days, including today, archiving much of Nosgoth's visuals and text (hundreds of files, turns out) so it won't be lost to oblivion. All in all, a decent way to put things to rest.

Hopefully LoK returns again someday soon. If not, hopefully all of its fan works go well.

Until then, I'll possibly see a few of you in other games. And hopefully many of you in the Nosgoth group on Facebook, or the eventual website born of all the assets and tidbits we vulture-picked off Nosgoth's corpse together.

And for the rest of you, I leave you with this fitting screenshot, the very last I saw of Nosgoth before it ended for good:

After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

I am... more angry then sad really. To the very end i was hoping for some kind of "hand extending" from SE side. Only shows that i`m still naive
    Well, i made quite a few people here angry/uncomfortable/annoyed with my mere presence, but i had fun, even when i and moaned.
    So thank you

Originally Posted by Heretic_13
    I am... more angry then sad really. To the very end i was hoping for some kind of "hand extending" from SE side. Only shows that i`m still naive
    Well, i made quite a few people here angry/uncomfortable/annoyed with my mere presence, but i had fun, even when i and moaned.
    So thank you
    Never expect a hand from publishers. And only rarely from developers.
    All we can hope now is that word of all this reaction gets back to someone important and tells them that LoK is still worth pursuing again.

Or just hope the fan projects turn out awesome - and that more fans try their hand at some.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 1st Jun 2016 at 09:40.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last