Thread: Hitman DLC - 1v1 multiplayer (just a thought)

Hitman DLC - 1v1 multiplayer (just a thought)

Hitman DLC - 1v1 multiplayer

Since this would need time for all maps to be released, I would suggest that this be a DLC after the disc version is released, and that way, it gives the game even more playability. (Heck, the witcher 3 is releasing another expansion 1 year after its original release date on May 31 2016).

But here's how it goes.

So I was making a video and a thought crossed my mind of a multiplayer 1v1 DLC. First I wanna say, I'm not one for multiplayer modes. Im actually not into it, really. But when I was a little bored and trying to get creative, I was playing the yacht mission, yet again, and so I made this 'MOCK DLC.'

So on this, I thought 'what if we have a multiplayer where 1 human player is Hitman, and the other human player is the bodyguard of the target.

Basically it works like this. It's the same maps as we have now (plus all the others coming) and so if you are the bodyguard, you have to protect the target (within a 15 or 20 or 30 minute timer on screen counting down, which ever is best)

Or you are Hitman and you have to kill the target in that time and escape. But while you are Hitman, the NPC's all work the same. You can subdue/kill them to try and take their disguise to infiltrate easier as all enforcer rules still apply. That also means, as the bodyguard, you still have the help of the other NPC's against 47. If it's a non guard (eg. waiter or chef that sees 47 blow his cover) then a RED DOT goes over 47's head (like the white one from the enforcers) to identify 47 until he can change disguises.

But the cool thing about disguises is that when 47 has one on, he turns into that NPC's skin, face and all (if that's even possible) so that way it's like the bodyguard doesn't recognize the face/body of 47 to have an easy blown disguise. 47 while disguised, could try to act like an NPC to fool the bodyguard and attack in that stealthy way.

So while you're the bodyguard, your job is to observe the movement of NPC's and try to notice any irregular movement that a natural NPC would have and how a human player would move to try and distinguish who the player is.

While this is going on, the objective of the Hitman is to kill the target and escape. My suggestion is, even though you can take out other NPC's, you cannot kill the bodyguard just for the fact that the bodyguard has to observe all around him at all times so he becomes too vulnerable and to me, it kinda kills the 'escape fun' of it. So when the target is killed, as the bodyguard, you get to chase and try to kill the Hitman before he escapes to the already designated exits per map.

More fun facts to the game mode:

- Instinct and mini-map are disabled for 47 as the bodyguard is already at a little disadvantage due to having 47 the ability to use disguises.

- as 47, you do not want to make a mistake and cause a target lockdown as that will waste time off the on-screen timer as the target gets extra protection while in target lockdown in their designated lockdown location.

- as the bodyguard, you can anytime leave the target to look somewhere to prepare for the target to step into that spot on his predetermined path, like looking further down the hallway, or through the door in a room, or around the corner. But be careful not to stray too far, as 47 could be just right there and you're too far.

So what do you guys think about this mode later on when you have played all maps?
    Would you play it?
    Is it worth having a DLC like this?

I lastly wanna add that this suggestion/idea in no way binds me to it. I will willing give Hitman devs the full idea and to take without profit. If anything is needed to sign according to that, I will gladly sign it over. I just want to play this mode. Would be awesome in a 1v1 type mode.
    Last edited by Immadummee; 18th May 2016 at 15:35.
    signature image

uhhh no. What makes you think IOI can get their act together to even entertain this idea, even if it were interesting, which it is not. They have enough problems right now. Get over yourself, they are not looking for teenage gamers to come up with nonsensical ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbianco View Post
    uhhh no. What makes you think IOI can get their act together to even entertain this idea, even if it were interesting, which it is not. They have enough problems right now. Get over yourself, they are not looking for teenage gamers to come up with nonsensical ideas.
    You can be a bit nicer. You can still disagree without insulting the individual's intelligence.
    signature image

Sorry you are having big problems with the game. My game is working perfect other than a few bugs and glitches here and there that I hope they can fix. But for the mode itself, I like it. And I have not been booted off the servers other than a couple times but the reconnect feature hooked me right back up.

So I hope they get the game sorted out for you. I can tell it's really bothering you by all your posts lately, but I understand you have every right to be upset about it.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by TheZaqw View Post
    You can be a bit nicer. You can still disagree without insulting the individual's intelligence.
    That's an excellent idea, TheZaqw. Jimbianco, play nice and treat other members with respect. You can disagree and be critical without being condescending and belittling.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

I can see you've put some thought into this, but, and obviously I am only speaking for myself here, I'd have zero interest in a mode like this. And I can envisage the following being an issue: Player A and Player B join a 1v1. Player A is designated as Hitman, Player B is designated the Bodyguard. Player B disconnects, because playing the bodyguard.

i like it. i initially felt like having 2 players try to assassinate the same target would be the desired mode.....but this sounds alot more appropriate. and since you dont know what the guy looks like, it would be alot harder to just hunt for him throughout the map. for the next HITMAN game, id love to see this.

It's a good idea !
    And if the player as bodyguard kill a civil by mystake , he will be shoot by the other npc. If he die, you win ^^

IO can't even guarantee a sniper case because it's 'physics' related. Expect more recycled character models different shades of guns with the occasional glow sight attached and a gradual decline in level quality after Episode 3. They clearly lack someone who can professionally model new content.

I'm assuming there may be a few late game weapon models left we havnt seen which will be beat to death. Their likely pacing the crap that was already made.

Their idea of success at this point is releasing a barely passable version of what they originally promised. I seriously doubt we will see new modes unless they require minimal effort and skill to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycidelicos View Post
    IO can't even guarantee a sniper case because it's 'physics' related.
    Has that ever actually been stated by the dev team or is that pure speculation on your part? If it is indeed the former, I'd really like a source for that.

Eh ! What ? There is no sniper case ?

Cool

@OP

Assassins should never be the good guy, or a henchman's stooge/bodyguard. Although your ideal is a novelty it doesn't truly fit inside of the over all theme and concept that has drawn my self personally and so many others into the Hitman franchise. I really enjoy the content being released over time and the ability to choose so many different ways to accomplish mission goals, I would be extremely disappointed to see a Sandbox addition to the game that allowed Agent 47 to be turned and no longer performing missions for his Handler.
    My primary gaming enjoyment and time spent playing games on my personal computer is on MMORPGs such as Tera, BnS, AA, Skyforge et cetera, all have a multi-player based game style. The online competition among players in Hitman on the leader boards is more than enough to satisfy my competitive nature.

Quote Originally Posted by doom-generation View Post
    I can see you've put some thought into this, but, and obviously I am only speaking for myself here, I'd have zero interest in a mode like this. And I can envisage the following being an issue: Player A and Player B join a 1v1. Player A is designated as Hitman, Player B is designated the Bodyguard. Player B disconnects, because playing the bodyguard.
    best of 3 or 5 rounds, swaps every round...

Immadummee, why not have your suggested game mode and a mode where 2 hitmen are in the same massive map, and instinct for the target is OFF Always (in lobby settings, host decides HUD, and Instinct Options), or have a normal, hardcore modes... Target rotates amongst NPC's and starting locations MUST be on the same floor, at equal distance.
    Last edited by Hitman_Limerick; 22nd May 2016 at 18:59.

I've played around with a 1 vs 1 model for a multiplayer Hitman in the past. Where I always go to in my head are these two:

It's a cat and mouse 1v1 match. One player plays Franchise, the other player plays Agency.

The match puts both players in a medium to small size level. Think "A New Life" from Blood Money in size. Each player has two objectives.

• Hack one of 3 laptops in the target area.
    • Assassinate the other assassin.

Each player has their choice of two pieces of starting equipment as well as a pistol. They can opt to bring a large weapon at the sacrifice of one inventory slot.

Taking a disguise changes your model into that NPC when viewed by the other player. Hiding the body is important as other players can view what disguise was taken from a body should they find it.

The player must blend in while completing both objectives. Equipment should give you options as would knowledge of the level. You'd be able to set up ambushes and traps in the mission.

Like most Hitman missions there are NPC guards so you also have to blend in when it comes to them. You can use enforcer guards as choke points to spot other players. NPCs in the mission remain mobile and have a random list of tasks they go about, keeping them working and moving around so the player can blend in better against another player.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Ah, CoD meets Splinter Cell, eh MasterFerret?

I'm not a genius but 2 hitmen competing to sneak their way through a map in ONE Disguise with Instinct for the target turned OFF, and take out the target and exit with points being awarded for Hitman style achievements, ie. Target killed, no evidence, no body found, eluded rival hitman, timing score, no non-target kills, etc. would be very interesting.

Given that the maps are pretty large in HITMAN, and Hitman: Next should be just as big, the probability of running into the other assassin if they make multiplayer maps, where they would be semi-symmetrical due to the fact that Opportunity zones would become known and boring as you'd always meet up at a Point of Interest all the time, there would be minimal contact, but if there is (why waste time going to the opposite side of the map to turn it into Deathmatch when you can just use your semi-symmetrical side and get maximum points), it would turn into a 1v1 stand-off anyways.

But MasterFerret, the idea of a clone of the head of "The Franchise"(because we killed that one at Blood Money's ending) would be an awesome Hitman to put in a 1v1 multiplayer mode, whether it's DM, or Rival Assassination.
    Last edited by Hitman_Limerick; 23rd May 2016 at 20:20.