Thread: This Week in HITMAN - 11.5.16 (Elusive Target Details)

This Week in HITMAN - 11.5.16 (Elusive Target Details)

Finally...can't wait

(click image to enlarge)

It would be nice to revisit the Yacht location for one of the elusive targets. I'm hoping they don't exclude the yacht and base when it comes to these elusives.

Will this mode have the "reconnect" feature applied for the ones that get a random disconnect on occasion? I hope so cuz if it doesn't, there's gonna be a lot of angry people when they are in the middle of their contract and the game boots them off the server to lose all progress to this mode thus, losing their one and only attempt on the target.
    Last edited by Immadummee; 12th May 2016 at 13:21.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Immadummee View Post
    Will this mode have the "reconnect" feature applied for the ones that get a random disconnect on occasion? I hope so cuz if it doesn't, there's gonna be a lot of angry people when they are in the middle of their contract and the game boots them off the server to lose all progress to this mode thus, losing their one and only attempt on the target.
    I would think that that feature exists more for the Elusive targets than anything else.

A thought occurs to me (it's been known to happen)...

Should those of us who play the Elusive target refrain from discussing it in threads until the 48 hour window of opportunity is closed to avoid potentially spoiling the experience/giving an "unfair" advantage to those who have yet to do it? Not that it's a competition of course, but it is a unique opportunity... and I don't mean in a way that is enforced by admins or anything, but just a gentlemen's agreement

Quote Originally Posted by doom-generation View Post
    I would think that that feature exists more for the Elusive targets than anything else.

A thought occurs to me (it's been known to happen)...

Should those of us who play the Elusive target refrain from discussing it in threads until the 48 hour window of opportunity is closed to avoid potentially spoiling the experience/giving an "unfair" advantage to those who have yet to do it? Not that it's a competition of course, but it is a unique opportunity... and I don't mean in a way that is enforced by admins or anything, but just a gentlemen's agreement
    Totally agree, but then I'm sure anyone can just jump on YouTube and do the same thing by getting that info. Your best bet is to avoid social media in any way until you complete your target if you don't personally want to be spoiled, cuz I'm sure there's gonna be guys that want to spoil just for the sake of it.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Immadummee View Post
    Totally agree, but then I'm sure anyone can just jump on YouTube and do the same thing by getting that info. Your best bet is to avoid social media in any way until you complete your target if you don't personally want to be spoiled, cuz I'm sure there's gonna be guys that want to spoil just for the sake of it.
    Totally agree.

See you after i complete the mission.

Oh I plan on doing it as soon as it pops up, so I'm not worried about spoilers for myself, I want to the experience as it's meant to be had.

It's funny the first elusive contract comes on Friday the 13th. Wouldn't it be funny if the target was Jason? I'd laugh my arce off.
    signature image

Should those of us who play the Elusive target refrain from discussing it in threads until the 48 hour window of opportunity is closed to avoid potentially spoiling the experience/giving an "unfair" advantage to those who have yet to do it?
    no. Not needed to refrain from discussion. Just mark threts or posts that contains spoilers clearly p, so people who dont have any hints about targets can avoid them. Otherwise lets discusse it from minute one.

I hate to remind you guys but this isnt the first or second time we were promised a date for elusive contracts. Personally im not holding my breath. Welp...back i go to uncharted 4.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjasonjayman View Post
    I hate to remind you guys but this isnt the first or second time we were promised a date for elusive contracts. Personally im not holding my breath. Welp...back i go to uncharted 4.
    It is the first time we've been given an actual date, isn't it?

No; if people want the advantage then that's their prerogative. Just don't go online, until you complete it.

I just really hope their servers can handle all the traffic during those 48 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSlade View Post
    No; if people want the advantage then that's their prerogative. Just don't go online, until you complete it.
    Again, I didn't mean for me. I'm playing it right away, but some might not be able to.

Target eliminated silent assassin

The most awesome thing in this game ever, can't wait for the next one

I kill him with no HUD, purist mode...99000 pts ... But he his dead ! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Puiu13 View Post
    Target eliminated silent assassin

The most awesome thing in this game ever, can't wait for the next one
    Same Such a thrill, my hands were sweating

Thanks for the patch ruining the sound prior to this going online for PC, just like Episode 2. These patches are ridiculous.

It was kind of easy. But fun. Nice introduction to the concept. Hopefully next mission will be more challenging requiring more planning and observation.
    But the concept is great. Having just one attempt and not knowing where the target is exactly completelly changes the atmosphere.

Just an idea - how about letting players create Ellusive contracts? So these could be played only once?

Sergei Larin elimination in 5 minutes captured with Elgato HD60.
    Was quite stressed but i did it. hopefully the next one will be hard.

Not cool IO.

I've being playing Hitman every day or two since it came out in march.
    I also have been checking for the Elusive Target in-game every day or two.

I didn't play this Friday or Saturday - the ONLY two days I haven't played since the game came out in March... And guess what? That's when you release the window to play the Elusive Target!

Sucks not even getting a chance to play that mission. Despite purchasing what's called "The Full Experience".
    I have a feeling I'll be missing the chance to play most of these elusive targets, and definitely don't feel like I've had the "Full Experience" when you consider that these elusive targets are being dubbed the best, purist Hitman experience available.

Sucks to only have one chance to play the mission, but at least keep it listed in our game until we play it.

As a result, I think most players will also be missing these missions too, since there's no way to tell when they will come out ahead of time. Plus IO decides to release it around the same time once of the biggest games of the year (Uncharted 4) comes out!

Not cool IO, not cool at all. Been playing every day since it came out, except this small window of time, and I miss out.

How many others missed this Elusive target because they didn't know it was out?

Travis I just wanted to reach out. I feel your selective communication and absence of any true clarification on the state of what many are starting to see as a botched rushed product speaks to your professional integrity.

I realize for all intents and purposes your presence here is for PR purposes still I can't help but read between the lines and see your handling of the consistent delays game breaking bugs and server issues as a genuine attempt to ignore the state of your product.

I feel cheated as a gamer. I grew up on Hitman and love it. I used to replay the Chinatown demo over and over as a kid because my parents wouldn't buy me the game. I see so much about this game from an artistic perspective that telegraphs the love your team has for the IP loud and clear.

That said you guys have gone way past what could be deemed as a rocky start. This most recent delay where we should expect not to hear anything regarding Episode 3 until Mid June is so utterly pathetic.

I am no longer that kid playing the Hitman demo. I am a 29 year old successful small business owner. I can tell you if I interacted with my customers in such a jovial selective manner in light of constant product delays and quality issues I would go out of business.

If your fully aware of this in your heart and simply have your hands tied as an employee I empathize. I still see you as the face of a product that has left me feeling cheated beyond what words can articulate here. I hope you go home at night with that hanging over you. Your the face of a botched consumer product that costs as much as a steak dinner for 2 here in Downtown Pittsburgh.

There is hardly anything about that which I consider 'a game'.

Unfortunately, there probably won't be feedback aside from 'People may not have understood our intention in creating a living, breathing world of assassination, but we think it's the mutt's nuts. Stay tuned for more elusive contracts while we push out another level that we've cobbled together. We hope you love it as much as we do!' My money's on it being the last game in the franchise, and you are absolutely correct in your observation that they are a long way past a poor start. It's a shambles for the most part, and the episodic nature isn't the main problem any more- it's that, with all the extra time available, it's still not even finished as individual levels!