Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's still onboard with Hitman?

Who's still onboard with Hitman?

So many people complaining on here and it's kind of disheartening. I had minor complaints at first, but to be honest, I'm adoring this new Hitman, distribution model included. Sure, it has some rough spots, but some diamonds have flaws. It's still a diamond at the end of the day, at least in my opinion. So let me, who here is still loving this experience and has IO's back? I know I do.

I'll raise my hand, to the surprise of absolutely no-one.

This game is the worst kind of game because it has some great ideas that are ruined by horrible mechanics.
    - The sound is glitchy. Sound effects are too loud and the voices are inaudible at least half of the time.
    - If for some reason you have to start shooting, watch out! You can shoot and shoot and just knock people, and wait until they pop back up.
    - Always online means that you get kicked out of the game. I get kicked out more now than I did at launch.
    - Long loading times.
    - Challenges that you complete don't register.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedChrome View Post
    I had minor complaints at first, but to be honest, I'm adoring this new Hitman, distribution model included.
    Are you on crack?

Quote Originally Posted by doom-generation View Post
    I'll raise my hand, to the surprise of absolutely no-one.
    Of course he likes it, he works for the company.

@LukeSlade First off, be polite. Watch your mouth. Second, the audio is perfect on PS4. No problems there. Third, I get head shots non-stop, so I never have a problem taking guys down. If I'm aiming at the enemy's core, three shots with most pistols does it, plus, I put another round into them while they're down to make sure. Fourth, I've been disconnected twice, fifth, my challenges always register, and finally, the loading times are much faster than they were before. I don't know if you're playing on PC, but on PS4, none of your problems register with my forty hour experiences per map.

@Doom Always know I can count on you in the midst of these whiny brats.

It does seem that the PC crowd are having the worst of the issues, if these forums are anything to go by. The subdue bug aside, I'm very happy with the PS4 version right now. The loading times have gotten better, they're still a little long, but vastly improved over how they were at launch.

I'm enjoying my experience for the most part.
    There are some minor gripes (couple of major ones; the score and time system), but overall I like.
    I'm also on PS4 by the way.

Yes they are on crack luke and yes this game is the worst of its kind. Every other hitman NO PROBLEM. I guess the developers were smoking crack themselves and shot somebody and saw that they bled purple squid ink when really it's red and alot more spatter lol

@LukeSlade First off, be polite. Watch your mouth. Second, the audio is perfect on PS4. No problems there. Third, I get head shots non-stop, so I never have a problem taking guys down. If I'm aiming at the enemy's core, three shots with most pistols does it, plus, I put another round into them while they're down to make sure. Fourth, I've been disconnected twice, fifth, my challenges always register, and finally, the loading times are much faster than they were before. I don't know if you're playing on PC, but on PS4, none of your problems register with my forty hour experiences per map.

When I asked you if you were on crack, I asked that question because you said you like the distribution model. The fact that you said that destroys any other argument you make because you'd have to be smoking crack if you 'like' the way this game is being distributed.

I've played the game on PS4 and PC. Both versions are broken, in different ways though. The audio is glitchy in both. Maybe you haven't explored the whole map, so I'll let you discover it on your own but it is. It is a stealth game so firearm combat isn't a big deal, but it's pretty ridiculous that you have to shoot people 7, 8 ,9 times before they die. If you don't believe me just go on YouTube and watch the countless videos.

Disconnections are still happening a lot. We're in May now and still no elusive targets. Why do you think that is? Some challenges aren't being registered, subdues are killing people, etc. You might be a better and more patient man than I if you can still slug through this thing, but you come off looking clueless when you pretend it's a diamond.

The distribution model is divisive, sure, but it's not a failure. Sorry you think it is. You don't need to participate. You put your toes in, the water is too cold for you, now shut up, especially if you didn't buy the full experience. We all want minor fixes, like blood color or submissions somehow killing NPCs, but those minor grievances haven't ruined the entire game for the majority of us. I said before that I've put in close to forty hours on both maps, so believe me, I know every god damn thing there is to know about how this game plays, from audio issues to how many bullets each gun takes to kill someone, to the targets routines when they're not set on a different path prompted by following an "opportunity". I have minor issues with the game, like the elusive target still not being scheduled, but otherwise, it's fantastic and your nagging is seriously overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSlade View Post
    It is a stealth game so firearm combat isn't a big deal, but it's pretty ridiculous that you have to shoot people 7, 8 ,9 times before they die. If you don't believe me just go on YouTube and watch the countless videos.
    That has not been my experience at all. 3-4 bullets and people drop dead.

The worst part about this whole thing is that because of the way Square and IO have handled this debacle we're probably not going to have another Hitman game after this one. This game has sold very poorly, so Square is probably losing money on it. Hitman was sold for 20% off a few weeks ago which tells you people aren't buying it. I would have a lot more respect for IO if they said, "We screwed up. We rushed this thing onto the shelves before it was ready. We'll give people refunds if they want, and we're not going to release any new maps until we've worked out all the kinks." They won't do that, which will hurt the company even more, which means no more Hitman.
    Remember Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5? Yeah...no more Tony Hawk. Ever. The same will happen to Hitman if the devs don't wake up and start communicating with the fanbase more.

The distribution model is divisive, sure, but it's not a failure. Sorry you think it is. You don't need to participate. You put your toes in, the water is too cold for you, now shut up, especially if you didn't buy the full experience.
    I bought the full experience, spent countless hours on both maps, and have decided that I'm not going to touch it until the game is released in its entirety. Hopefully at that point they will have had about six months to fix all the problems.
    Hey, lesson learned! From now on I'm not going to buy a game until the thing is finished from head to toe.

47's my baby boy, so I ride or die with Hitman through thick and thin. But in all seriousness, I like the episodic format too. I don't like that IO seems to use it as a way to not be labeled as "early access".Obviously I would also prefer having a finished product, but the episodes give me something to look forward to throughout the year. I love the idea of games having incentives to come back to them every day. Metal Gear Solid V is still getting updated, and I play that all the time too. Telltale games are nice to play as episodes come out too, cause they're like episodes of a good tv show. They're all examples of something to look forward to. Although I'm not exactly enthralled by Hitman's story so far. It's exactly like the older games though, which I guess is good enough, but I expect more in 2016. But all in all I'm satisfied with playing through a huge map for a week, and playing escalations every so often in between episodes. I think IO can do better, like elusive targets and older features like dual-wielding should've been in at launch, but the episodic format works for me.

I also hate how you can't get into a firefight like at all. You'll die in 5 shots. There should at least be a difficulty slider or something. Firefights feel really unpolished too. It's clear that they weren't a priority for this game, which sucks. But other than that, this game is exactly like the good Absolution levels to me which is great. I can't wait for more. And I hope this inspires Square Enix to not prematurely kill Hitman off,cause I have a feeling that a season 2 that's polished would blow people's dicks off. Sorry for the rambling lol.

Me. I mean I know there are still bugs. I comletelly get why they irritate some players.
    But the content that is working is so good that Im still having lots of fun. The game is nit perfect (yet). But the is simply no other like this that I could pick instead. So so far this is like definitive stealth hitman (not the series but hitman genre) game. That can be improved in many ways. But there is simply no better hitman simulator out there.

First of all, if you gonna tell someone to be polite, I would suggest not calling them whiny little brats. Totally hypocritical. And second, I'm all for this game. I am enjoying it a lot. But there are very big issues with the game and just because some don't experience it, it doesn't mean they don't exist. That's not how bugs and glitches work. Some will see them and some won't.

I have experienced the sound glitches all over the map where a sound effect doesn't sound. Is it game breaking like some make it sound? No. But it's definitely not flawless on ps4 and I'll get a clip where I do things and there's no sound there. Then there's the hit damage. If you truly believe this hit damage is fine the way it is, then there's something wrong with you. I have shown clips to prove that I have taken an SMG from a very decent distance, put 5-6, maybe even 7-8 bullets in them and they get up. Then I also have a clip, which I will be showing soon, where I use the silencer and put 1-2 bullets in them and they die. I'm thinking it's more of a bug than the way it's suppose to, though.

But all in all, the game is amazing. It just needs tweaks to make it whole as its mechanics aren't as good as they COULD be. Some tend to over exaggerate a little too much cuz they speak with their hearts a little too much, so I get that. But that's the passion from a true Hitman fan. So I'm only here on these forums to try and hope to help this game become good and get fixed where it needs to be fixed. I will not buy any more episodes (only Paris) until it does get fixed but I still have hope that it can get there.

That has not been my experience at all. 3-4 bullets and people drop dead.
    I reiterate, that's not how bugs and glitches work. Some will have them and some won't. Just cuz you don't see something, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Again, I have shown proof that an SMG with 5-6 or maybe more bullets doesn't kill someone at a very decent distance. So your "it doesn't happen to me" is invalid. That's not how it works when it comes to bugs and glitches. And I have a perfect connection to the servers so should I call everyone who has disconnects liars cuz it doesn't happen to me? That would be quite arrogant and ignorant.
    signature image

@Immadumme He was being a whiny brat, which isn't that harsh of a thing to call someone being a whiny brat. On the topic of the hit damage, the SMG sucks. That's all there is to it. It's weirdly weak, while everything else kills someone in three shots.

@Immadumme He was being a whiny brat, which isn't that harsh of a thing to call someone being a whiny brat. On the topic of the hit damage, the SMG sucks. That's all there is to it. It's weirdly weak, while everything else kills someone in three shots.
    I'm not a gun guy and knows much about them (just the basics really), but I did some research on the SMG and its the go to gun for close combat gun play. And considering my video (did you see it?), I put 5-6 or more bullets in the guy and he went into zombie mode and got right back up. It's not like I was too far, cuz I wasn't. That's the annoying thing about it. It just kills the immersion and should have been a top priority when making this game.

It's like playing an Incredible Hulk video game but when you punch a guy, he gets up and hurts you. What?
    #immersionFAIL
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Immadummee View Post
    I reiterate, that's not how bugs and glitches work. Some will have them and some won't. Just cuz you don't see something, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Again, I have shown proof that an SMG with 5-6 or maybe more bullets doesn't kill someone at a very decent distance. So your "it doesn't happen to me" is invalid. That's not how it works when it comes to bugs and glitches. And I have a perfect connection to the servers so should I call everyone who has disconnects liars cuz it doesn't happen to me? That would be quite arrogant and ignorant.
    It's not invalid, because it is my experience, which is what I stated. I never said he was a liar or was wrong, did I?

It's not invalid, because it is my experience, which is what I stated. I never said he was a liar or was wrong, did I?
    No, so I'll give you that, but quoting someone who said the hit damage is awful and you stating your experience CAN come off as saying it isn't true or someone is over exaggerating. I'm just saying that's how it sounded since you quoted that specific comment.
    signature image

We are talking about the distribution model where we're repeatedly told a feature initially scheduled within 10 days of release is "just a few weeks away" right? Where there's no release date for an episode that was supposed to be coming out this month? I understand that the release model might not bother some people, but actually liking it doesn't make any sense to me.

Honestly, Paris had me absolutely hyped for this game, and the thought of one episode every four weeks made the episodic format seem not so bad. But everything since then has shown that the distribution format is a rush-job, which Episode 2 reflects.

I think the game has the potential to be great, but the PC release of Episode 2 was a disaster that has left a bitter taste in my mouth. The music flat-out didn't work to begin with, and the sound is still an absolute mess since one of the patches leading up to Sapienza. The patch on the second day was bigger than the episode itself, on top of PC getting it pretty much a full day later than consoles.

The maps are great and I enjoy both of the main missions, but if the release is going to be this choppy the whole way through, it's probably going to be the most memorable part of the experience for myself and many others.

ill be interested and invest in the levels as long as i like what i see but to be honest, id rather them shut down this project after Morocco is released and focus on really making truly DEEP and interactive levels like i know they can. instead of 300 drone NPC's that stand around doing nothing, maybe try 100-150 npc's in a level at one time, each with their own schedule and realistic patterns. a day/night time cycle where time actually progresses and you can interact accordingly. the ability to actually speak to people and have basic small quick conversations. just dying to see this franchise reach its full potential and be the BEST in its genre.

- The sound is glitchy.
    on PC whatever sound problems are usually caused by system process svchost.exe, which at some point starts greedily and infinitely consuming your processor, I had such issues sometime and resolved them, but after installing new hitman it's back (not exactly sound problem, but this process vastly decreases performance) and I'm almost sure that hitman starts this process. I advice you to check this process, and if it consumes CPU - kill it and google the solution.

Sound effects are too loud
    see Options -> Audio -> Effects Volume

- Always online means that you get kicked out of the game. I get kicked out more now than I did at launch.
    That's a big problem which is unfortunately not going to be fixed.

btw for me Sapienza loads in 13 seconds, it simply depends on your hardware.

Hey, if you like the game and think it's awesome, then great! No sarcasm. Some people are having a great time, and others are frustrated.
    Enjoy everything the game has to offer, because it's the last Hitman game you'll get; maybe for a long time or maybe forever.
    The game has made very little money because of its distribution model, and because of the glitches and bugs. people who just bought the Intro Pack aren't coming back for more. If IO and Square handled things better they might turn things around, but I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast