Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's still onboard with Hitman?

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedChrome View Post
    @Immadumme He was being a whiny brat, which isn't that harsh of a thing to call someone being a whiny brat. On the topic of the hit damage, the SMG sucks. That's all there is to it. It's weirdly weak, while everything else kills someone in three shots.
    I'm not offended. I know he's upset because he knows everything I said was true.

@Luke I just think it's a bit silly that you don't realize that different guns do different damage. Why don't you go ahead and post a comparison video on how many bullets each gun takes to put someone down and see that I'm right.

That's the problem; there's no consistency when it comes to the guns. Sometimes it takes two, sometimes it takes 9, and sometimes they don't die.
    If you haven't encountered that while playing then you're one of the lucky ones.
    Try this: do 5 runthroughs of the game running around and shooting people. You're bound to come up against the problem. It's easy for enemies to shoot down 47, but it's not easy for 47 to kill multiple enemies.

Well, I have always loved Hitman games (besides Absolution) and I am really trying to love and enjoy the new hitman, but it is really hard. I personally can live with the distribution model and I dont expect a overwhelming story from a hitman game either. But some of the flaws of the game are so frustrating it s hardly playable for me. What I hate most is that as soon as you have to take on a firefight, 47 feels like as he was holding a gun the first time in his life. I cant repeat that too often: the worst shooting mechanics I have ever experienced in a game. As the AVGN would say: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING! And when 47 manages to hit targets, they just stand up again and again. 47 is really the most innocous assassin in gaming history to date. He isnt even capable of taking down enemies in close combat at once which always results in stupid situations when he has to deal with multiple enemies. I am afraid that they re so busy with fixing the technical issues that they won t go into gameplay mechanics any soon. Besides all that, I probably buy the next episode anyway

@Luke I just think it's a bit silly that you don't realize that different guns do different damage. Why don't you go ahead and post a comparison video on how many bullets each gun takes to put someone down and see that I'm right.
    Don't you worry, never fear, Robin Hood will soon be here.

It's actually quite silly to not understand that the hit damage is all screwed up with many (if not all) guns. I made some test vids of some guns and it shows the inconsistencies of them, exactly what Luke and many others are talking about. You will soon be enlightened about this cuz I don't understand how you haven't noticed when it's so blatantly obvious. A thread will be coming later today when I can edit them.

The hit damage needs to be fixed.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by m1911suppressor View Post
    Well, I have always loved Hitman games (besides Absolution) and I am really trying to love and enjoy the new hitman, but it is really hard. I personally can live with the distribution model and I dont expect a overwhelming story from a hitman game either. But some of the flaws of the game are so frustrating it s hardly playable for me. What I hate most is that as soon as you have to take on a firefight, 47 feels like as he was holding a gun the first time in his life. I cant repeat that too often: the worst shooting mechanics I have ever experienced in a game. As the AVGN would say: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING! And when 47 manages to hit targets, they just stand up again and again. 47 is really the most innocous assassin in gaming history to date. He isnt even capable of taking down enemies in close combat at once which always results in stupid situations when he has to deal with multiple enemies. I am afraid that they re so busy with fixing the technical issues that they won t go into gameplay mechanics any soon. Besides all that, I probably buy the next episode anyway
    You hit the nail right on the head with this post, except for the buying the next episode part. I refuse to do so until the main issues are addressed. I just want to play this game in its best state so I'm willing to wait, even if it takes up to the disc version.
    Last edited by Immadummee; 12th May 2016 at 13:00. Reason: iPhone auto correct is dumb (I'm for in). Lol.
    signature image

I never been a "forum guy" before, this is my first time as a member.When i joined this forum i did it because i belevied that here are true Hitman fans just like me, but i was wrong, most of the people they only complain about how worse this game is.
    I don't think the game is really that bad, it has a lot problems but even so i'm still enjoying it.I'm sure that right now they are working on a fix and with the next update they will fix many of the current problems.
    So yes, i'm still in.

Quote Originally Posted by Puiu13 View Post
    When i joined this forum i did it because i belevied that here are true Hitman fans just like me, but i was wrong, most of the people they only complain about how worse this game is.
    All the more reason to stay! This forum could use more positivity

@Puiu13 A lot of us are very real Hitman fans, but people like Immadumme and Lukelsade are just annoying kids who like to talk trash. Ignore them.

@Puiu13 A lot of us are very real Hitman fans, but people like Immadumme and Lukelsade are just annoying kids who like to talk trash. Ignore them.
    You want to show me where I talk trash? If you're gonna lie, it would be nice if you did it a little more Hitman-esque. I'm here for the game to help improve it as I'm an activist, not a complainer. So I don't know what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?

Or is it the gun play that you say "is fine"? And it isn't fine. I have proof showing that and if you want to dismiss it, well then you know who the true trash talker is.......name starts with T.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSlade View Post
    I'm not offended. I know he's upset because he knows everything I said was true.
    Up-Close shots should be the only ones that count besides sniper shots... i know the damage system seems f'ed up, and headshots from 5+m away don't register, but why try them if you know you're gonna fail?

I t begs more of the player to get an 'inside shot' at a target than to just 'seek cover and shoot'. It begs more of an assassin.

I'm still with HITMAN till' the end (and hopefully afterwards IOI).

Morocco sounds interesting and Paris was interesting, Italy was a little more fun (Subjective), and Thailand, USA, and Japan should be very interesting as well,.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman_Limerick View Post
    Up-Close shots should be the only ones that count besides sniper shots... i know the damage system seems f'ed up, and headshots from 5+m away don't register, but why try them if you know you're gonna fail?

I t begs more of the player to get an 'inside shot' at a target than to just 'seek cover and shoot'. It begs more of an assassin.

I'm still with HITMAN till' the end (and hopefully afterwards IOI).

Morocco sounds interesting and Paris was interesting, Italy was a little more fun (Subjective), and Thailand, USA, and Japan should be very interesting as well,.

Nobody is disputing the mechanic, we are disputing the inconsistency in its effectiveness. I have videos I will be bringing today (hopefully, that I can get them edited), but I am so close that shots do nothing and zombie mode enables and they get up. I even was close enough and shot a guy in the head and they got up. Then another time, I shot them 1 time in the side of the chest and 1 in the arm and they die.

So the point is the inconsistency of how the hit damage is either bugged or not programmed correctly, not how to play.
    signature image

At first I thought the naysayers were just being difficult, but I think there are quite a number of people on here who just haven't played the game to the extent that I and others have played it. If you've played the game for a longer period of time, then you'll notice the glitches that I and others have pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by doom-generation View Post
    All the more reason to stay! This forum could use more positivity

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but i'm curious how old you guys are because someone really seems like a spoiled 14 year old kid, i am 30 years old by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSlade View Post
    At first I thought the naysayers were just being difficult, but I think there are quite a number of people on here who just haven't played the game to the extent that I and others have played it.
    I've been playing Hitman since day 1 all most every day , and despite it's problems i'm still enjoying it, but maybe i'm too affectionate to this series.
    Just to give you an example ,when i first heard of the episodic release i said you all, i will never play Hitman in my live but when the pre orders on Ps store were cancelled i almost started crying, also being an old school guy i will probably be the only idiot in the world who is also going to buy the physical copy when will be available, just to add it to my collection.

Constantly bickering and insulting each other on a personal level isn't exactly bringing positivity to the forums, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by doom-generation View Post
    I'll raise my hand, to the surprise of absolutely no-one.
    I as well.

(click image to enlarge)

Haha so much frustration in these forums, especially from people claiming to be happy with the game. If you're not having the issues others are having, that's great. But why do I see so many people trying to silence people having game-breaking issues?

The people criticising elements of the game are still here, aren't they? They're just as "on board" as people who praise everything about it. I want to see this game succeed, but if anybody is going to sabotage its success its the devs/publishers themselves (see: always online not being removed, a function that has stopped people from being able to play it).

Quote Originally Posted by kaneten View Post
    But why do I see so many people trying to silence people having game-breaking issues?
    Probably they're too worried about franchise and don't want it to fail because of bad feedback. Personally I also want to see more hitman games, but criticism is still necessary, so that IO won't screw it up more.

I'm really liking the game so far - I wasn't over keen on the Paris level, but Sapienza is awesome . Luckily, I've only had very minor d/c incidents (can count them on one hand).

Episode 2 changed my mind so i am hooked on the game for now.
    Not really into the leaderboard so I just play to finish a challenge.

Elusive target idea is nice but too easy

I honestly believe that the distribution model is intended to disguise an unfinished product which needed to cash in. I feel that the elusive contracts are a bit of a sneer and that the core game isn't that much cop compared to other Hitman games. I even played Absolution, level for level, more than Paris or Sapienza, and, despite huge flaws, probably enjoyed it more than this offering so far (which galls me). I'm next going to return to this when it's a complete package and when IO/SE has had time to fix the annoyances and immersion-breakers. It's great that some people like this game and are having a blast, because they're getting value for money, but it'd be a five-quid bargain-binner for me if the levels all have the flaws that are evident so far. I regret having gone for the 'Full Experience' option and would not do it again, but also feel that lambasting the game further would only ruin others' enjoyment. Horses for courses, I suppose, but I'm not on board with this at all- things like the shooting mechanic don't ruin it for me as I don't feel that the rest of it would be much better even with fixes- it all persuades me that perhaps Hitman is not really where stealth games are headed any more (the original Dishonored kills this game [as does the Splinter Cell series] IMHO), but I nurture the remote hope that this might end up as more than 'Absolution's New Clothes'...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12