Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Need A Mode Where Waves Of Enemies Attack Relentlessly....

Thumbs Up I Need A Mode Where Waves Of Enemies Attack Relentlessly....

personally, i cant stand the Escalation mode, its just not fun for me. id rather it be a mode where enemies spawn in the world in waves and hunt for you until they kill you. this would be more fun than the current Escalation mode and it would give us a real reason to EXIST in these maps for a long period of time via saves after each wave of enemies. how realistic is it that we get a mode like this for this game???

zombies mode lol

Quote Originally Posted by DIEFROMTHECRABZ View Post
    how realistic is it that we get a mode like this for this game???
    Not in the slightest.

no zombies....just regular enemies. hell, it could be enemies from every level all rolled into one. maybe some enemies in suits, some enemies in hazmat suits, some in Helmut clothing, etc......any and all suits, make it colorful.

i just cant imagine how much fun it'd be being hunted all over the map and through houses and buildings by these relentless waves of baddies from all angles. Ultimate Thrills, Ultimate Excitement. put these big huge maps to use.

Well in Arkham knight, they have a new mode called 'Endless Knight' where it lets you play an unlimited predator room. It's basically what you're asking for here. In batman, it gives you about 5 minutes to start with and you have to take out as many guys as you can. The thing is, whenever you take someone out, you gain more time on your counter. So you play until you either die or time runs out.

So in this game, it should be to kill (not subdue or knockout) as many people as possible. And it would be good to have it that whenever new enemies are spawned, they are guards with guns. And the more you take out, the more spawn. For example, take out 5 then 10 should spawn. It should always be double to make it harder and harder. And of course, you start off as you do with every map as unnoticed until you start with your first kill so you can do as many silent kills as possible.

If you haven't played Arkham knight, and specifically that mode, I suggest you do it cuz it's awesome to do exactly what you're asking for here. So I agree. It's a DLC I would pay for.
    Last edited by Immadummee; 7th May 2016 at 09:03.
    signature image

go play a different game if you want this stupid feature. It has ZERO place being in a Hitman game. They have already pretty much destroyed the franchise catering to gamers like you. go away

Quote Originally Posted by Immadummee View Post
    Well in Arkham knight, they have a new mode called 'Endless Knight' where it lets you play an unlimited predator room. It's basically what you're asking for here. In batman, it gives you about 5 minutes to start with and you have to take out as many guys as you can. The thing is, whenever you take someone out, you gain more time on your counter. So you play until you either die or time runs out.

So in this game, it should be to kill (not subdue or knockout) as many people as possible. And it would be good to have it that whenever new enemies are spawned, they are guards with guns. And the more you take out, the more spawn. For example, take out 5 then 10 should spawn. It should always be double to make it harder and harder. And of course, you start off as you do with every map as unnoticed until you start with your first kill so you can do as many silent kills as possible.

If you haven't played Arkham knight, and specifically that mode, I suggest you do it cuz it's awesome to do exactly what you're asking for here. So I agree. It's a DLC I would pay for.
    Batman's combat has always been too easy for me.....but yeah, thats the gist of what i want.....and double the guards spawning for each kill would be insane. i literally wanna be HUNTED throughout the whole map. if im in the mansion in Sapienza, i wanna be on the 3rd floor and have guards just rushing up from all sides searching for me. 100 guards and goons just combing through each level, checking in closets, laundry bins.....wherever i go, i want 50 guards chasing right behind me....i want to be challenged beyond thrills.

i really think this is what Escalation mode shouldve been all along. do people here really even like the escalation mode??? i honestly cant stand it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DIEFROMTHECRABZ View Post
    Batman's combat has always been too easy for me.....but yeah, thats the gist of what i want.....and double the guards spawning for each kill would be insane. i literally wanna be HUNTED throughout the whole map. if im in the mansion in Sapienza, i wanna be on the 3rd floor and have guards just rushing up from all sides searching for me. 100 guards and goons just combing through each level, checking in closets, laundry bins.....wherever i go, i want 50 guards chasing right behind me....i want to be challenged beyond thrills.

i really think this is what Escalation mode shouldve been all along. do people here really even like the escalation mode??? i honestly cant stand it lol.
    I love escalations and I think that mode should have been the main game cuz the main game is just bland. Go in, kill, get out. Everything in the world is meaningless. At least in escalation, you have objectives to take care of and it makes you feel more involved in the game/mission. I love how you need to hack a computer, and destroy tape recordings if you're seen by cameras, etc etc, and it makes the game feel alive and I feel more involved and immersed in the gameplay.
    signature image

Go in, kill, get out.
    That is the meaning of a Hitman game , at least for me, and i very much hope it will remain so.

If i'll ever see zombies or enemies waves or other like that in a Hitman game...well... that will be the moment when i will stop

playing it for ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Puiu13 View Post
    That is the meaning of a Hitman game , at least for me, and i very much hope it will remain so.

If i'll ever see zombies or enemies waves or other like that in a Hitman game...well... that will be the moment when i will stop

playing it for ever.
    You may be right about the "meaning" of the game, but when you can just run in, snap the necks of 2 targets and run out, there's something wrong there, big time.

So in case you didn't see it, enjoy and tell me that there isn't anything wrong with this, cuz at least with escalations, you have other objectives to do so it feels more involved.

signature image

You may be right about the "meaning" of the game, but when you can just run in, snap the necks of 2 targets and run out, there's something wrong there, big time.
    There's nothing wrong with the game, what's wrong is the way your plaiyng it. Is not perfect, is far from being perfect but that doesn't mean that it needs enmies waves. You can always play batman if that's what you want.You don't buy a Ferrari to drive it like a minivan.

This idea is pretty far from the core of Hitman and not one that I would expect to be considered for the game any time soon.

Crabz, you really need to go play cod: zombies if you havent already, its pretty much wot u r describing.
    as peeps have said, that isnt this game. Play other games if u are gettng bored, u are allowed too.
    at the mo im doing Hitman, zombies, GTA (5th play thro) and 2moro ill have to throw uncharted 4 into the mix

Quote Originally Posted by Travis_IO View Post
    This idea is pretty far from the core of Hitman
    Thank God, that's good to be known

Quote Originally Posted by Travis_IO,2212699
    not one that I would expect to be considered for the game any time soon.
    I hope it will never be considered

For me Hitman means one thing : "Turning assassination into art".

Is not perfect, is far from being perfect but that doesn't mean that it needs enmies waves. You can always play batman if that's what you want.You don't buy a Ferrari to drive it like a minivan.
    I fully agree. Good analogy, too. Looks like I need to ship out another box of cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Travis_IO View Post
    This idea is pretty far from the core of Hitman and not one that I would expect to be considered for the game any time soon.
    So glad to read that

There's nothing wrong with the game, what's wrong is the way your plaiyng it. Is not perfect, is far from being perfect but that doesn't mean that it needs enmies waves. You can always play batman if that's what you want.You don't buy a Ferrari to drive it like a minivan.
    Like I said, yu may be right in the meaning of how to play the game, but we are talking about a "video game" here where it can be programmed on how to play it. As a developer, their number 1 priority should be "the way it is intended." By giving too much freedom, it just makes everything around them obsolete. So all Intel, all conversations, all approaches are meaningless cuz in the end, as a Hitman, my job is to take the target out. Doesn't matter how, but if. So if I can run in, kill, run out, that's a mission accomplished.

What I am saying is that they should have had boundaries in the way people play the game and make them play the game how it is intended so they get the full experience out of it.

I'm not sure if you have played assassins creed 1, but in that game, you were told about a target that you need to take out, then you have to travel there yourself. Then when you get there, you need to speak to someone and learn about what you have ahead of yourself with the target with some little intel. Then you go around talking to others to gain other Intel about your target such as his location in the new area you just arrived in, his patterns (such as coming out for a walk at noon or a meeting with someone later), listen in on conversation to learn something about him on how it's easier to take him out, or just info on who he's with (body guards or not, or if so, when the guards will leave him briefly).

It's just that THAT world was very interactive and made everything you did have a purpose. If you didn't learn something, it actually affected you on how you can take out your target. In Hitman, all conversations mean absolutely nothing. All Intel means nothing. There's no "real" purpose other than how you wanna kill him. But in the end, it means nothing when I can just run in, punch out, snap neck, run to the next target, punch out, snap neck, run out. That's my point. They made it too easy.

In assassins creed, they forced you to do that so there's a meaning behind it. Kinda like escalations, they forced you to take out the camera recordings if you got recorded, or hack a computer before you can leave. Things like that that make the world feel alive and you feel involved. That's all I am saying. The game is amazing, I just feel they could have done SOOOOOO much more with it to really make it feel alive and you feel involved.

And as for your Ferrari/van analogy, that's not the same "intent" there. What you could use there is if the buyer WAS ALLOWED to put a mini van engine in the Ferrari. It's a sports car so the manufacturer is somewhat "forcing" you to drive it with how it is intended cuz it has given you the power to do so and the price tag to show you that you WONT "buy it" like a minivan with the intention to drive it like one or even like an suv to drive it in the winter. Hitman is like you have the option to buy a Ferrari but with a 120hp engine in it and the cost of only $20,000 cuz your intention is to drive it like a minivan. Too much freedom is not good in video games cuz it takes you out of the integrity on how it needs to be played. And it's just like sports, there are rules that you need to follow that FORCE you on how to play. It's the same thing here, and that's what I mean.

That's just my perspective. And it's not about this "wave of enemies" topic, just overall as a game.
    signature image

What I am saying is that they should have had boundaries in the way people play the game and make them play the game how it is intended so they get the full experience out of it.
    Immadummee hates freedom confirmed!

(relax, I'm just fooling around.)

Well typical action based horde mode is probably not suitable for this game.
    But otherwise I believe it may be a very good idea to implement stealth version of such mode.
    I mean - all we do is assassinate different targets. So it could be interesting to have a mode that selects random target and maybe few random conditions (costume, weapon, dont be seen kiloing the person,...) and as soon you kill him, the game will choose another and then another and then another...
    So you can keep playing and having fun without realoding the game again and again and again for each individual target.

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwel_Idiriz View Post
    But otherwise I believe it may be a very good idea to implement stealth version of such mode.
    I mean - all we do is assassinate different targets. So it could be interesting to have a mode that selects random target and maybe few random conditions (costume, weapon, dont be seen kiloing the person,...) and as soon you kill him, the game will choose another and then another and then another...
    So you can keep playing and having fun without realoding the game again and again and again for each individual target.
    I don't think that could ever be truly random, as the game would need to account for targets which cannot, under any circumstances, be killed with a particular disguise/weapon without being seen.

Quote Originally Posted by doom-generation View Post
    Looks like I need to ship out another box of cookies
    I will send you a pm with my address

So if I can run in, kill, run out, that's a mission accomplished.
    I see what you mean, but i'm pretty sure that you wouldn't have done that om your first run ,neither on your fifth maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Immadummee
    I'm not sure if you have played assassins creed 1
    I don't like Assassins Creed.

They made it too easy.
    Again , i'm sure that after you've played Assassin Creed for five times it has become to easy, just like Hitman. But that's exactly what challenges are for, to find new ways to eliminate the targets, so you don't get bored and start running and snapping people's neck like you did in that video

assassins creed
    No one forces you to play Hitman, you can always play Assassin Creed.

And as for your Ferrari/van analogy, that's not the same "intent" there. What you could use there is if the buyer WAS ALLOWED to put a mini van engine in the Ferrari. It's a sports car so the manufacturer is somewhat "forcing" you to drive it with how it is intended cuz it has given you the power to do so and the price tag to show you that you WONT "buy it" like a minivan with the intention to drive it like one or even like an suv to drive it in the winter. Hitman is like you have the option to buy a Ferrari but with a 120hp engine in it and the cost of only $20,000 cuz your intention is to drive it like a minivan.
    I'm not sure i've completely understood.

So it could be interesting to have a mode that selects random target and maybe few random conditions (costume, weapon, dont be seen kiloing the person,...)
    That's pretty much what contacts mode is.

That's a really good idea. Maybe have two modes within that mode where you have easy (kill target with any weapon and with any disguise) and hardcore mode (kill target with any weapon, but SUIT ONLY) or something like that. But I really like your idea of random targets after killing the first. Basically it should be like having to clear the map of NPC's. All of them but in an order which the game tell you whom the targets are. Not just a anyone you want and whenever you want.
    signature image

We really dont need any more "modes". We just need Contracts mode improving and adding too.

Quote Originally Posted by AdzDaAssassin View Post
    We really dont need any more "modes". We just need Contracts mode improving and adding too.
    Says who? You? Options is what makes people happy. Don't be selfish just cuz you're not interested in it. Having another mode that you're not interested in playing affects you how exactly? I forgot.
    signature image

and you talk about giving people options?

I love how this...

Says who? You? Options is what makes people happy. Don't be selfish just cuz you're not interested in it. Having another mode that you're not interested in playing affects you how exactly? I forgot.
    can follow this...

Talk about a double standard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast