Thread: "NPC Threats"

"NPC Threats"

I must say I feel as though the NPC Threats are far too high in number. By threat NPC, I mean the NPC's who have the White dot above them, and will find you as suspicious, even when disguised. I would really like to suggest adding layers of difficulty to them. For example...

Easy: No Threat NPC's (disguises grant you full access to certain areas)

Medium: Each Disguise group has one Threat NPC (the boss of each group)

Hard: Several Threat NPC's (as it is now)

Why?

The reason for this is, in the old Hitman games, I would walk around the map, carefully planning how I would take out my targets. I'd learn their behaviors and routines, while always being close by and "in character". However, I can no longer do this. Instead, I spend 90% of the time sneaking around and crouched, because there's so many NPC's that all notice me, with no logical reasoning. Unless they're the manager, they shouldn't care who I am. I could very well be the "new guy" just hired today. As a custodian cleaning a house, I shouldn't have the Police called on me simply because I'm not best friends with all other custodians. It just doesn't make any sense. Please make this happen. I can't even explore the levels anymore without going on a murder spree first.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

I think that's a good thing as it forces people to play patient. But then again, my running man video contradicts this very topic. I feel like when you kill someone in front of guards, they shouldn't be so patient to try and arrest you. Then should be shooting-to-kill instantly so Hingis like that don't happen and prevent it cuz "the running man" should NEVER be able to happen.

Especially since I ran in, cross the barrier then knocked out then snapped the neck of the MAIN TARGET at this event (Paris) and I hardly am wounded and the guards upstairs as I make my way up, are not even alerted that there is a psychopath running around who just killed novikov.

Yet again, #immersionFAIL.

They honestly should have had difficulty levels cuz I would have love to play to this game on a very unforgiving difficulty where enemies are very realistic, kinda like metal gear solid the phantom pain on the hardest level.
    signature image

i find it Odd that when you kill Novikov right infront of everyone, the building doesnt just go into Lockdown from that point on. it does when you randomly shoot into a crowd.....but not when you kill the most important man in the building lol they just tuck his body away and stop looking for you, thats Awful. there should be an ambulance that actually comes to pick the bodies up when people are murdered AND a SWAT team that comes to a location and hunts all throughout the level and put the place in lockdown.

i like to look at this game as a test and a stepping stone to Greatness. they wouldve been wise to just put out 3 levels and see how well theyre received and then structure a future game based on the successes of the 3 levels and improve on the things that were Awful.

Exactly, Crabz. And that was exactly my point in my thread where Val and Doom say it's fine. It's just so stupid and I don't know how anyone could like that. I expect more from this game. It had soooo much potential but it seems they took some wrong turns on some decisions and don't bother fixing it.

That's why I said, the running man attempt should never happen. It's either they shoot and kill me right away, or at least, since dahlia is connected to novikov, have her informed that someone just killed him and she gets protected and/or locked down.

I'm just disappointed in one of the best stealth games of all time.
    signature image

yeah the first and 3rd floor are completely segregated, thats Awful. i actually play through multiple saves where i send the first floor into a lockdown and all the guards are hunting for me....but on the second and 3rd floor, they dont recognize me as a threat in the very same clothes lol.

its actually Painful when you think about this game and how GREAT it could be if they only pushed it to the next level. theyre RIGHT AT THE EDGE OF GREATNESS, just need to add a day/night cycle for the levels, cut down the number of npc's from 300 to 200 and really focus on the scripting and schedules for each npc, add ACTIVITY into the maps for 47 to interact with, give each npc a basic conversational response for every situation so were not just staring at people with nothing to say when we get caught. they can DO THIS and id LOVE to see them abandon this project after Morocco, give 30 bucks back to those who baught the full package and really go back to the lab and IMPROVE and put out the perfect game. even if it only had 3 or 4 maps, it would be TEH GREATNESS in 2017-2020.

Couldn't agree more.
    signature image

Well what I've proposed would only allow us old school Hitman fans to experience the new Hitman in the way we used to. Just gives you more options. If you don't want it to change however, just choose the "Hard" option.

Sell I feel oposite way. I believe it should be even more diffult. Currently it is too easy. Almost rach location has some dusguise that almost nobody recognizes. And you are recognized always by the same npcs. Once you know the level you can run there without threat. The fact you can run there as a mantion staff and nobody cares is just strange. Its just a few people, they know each other.
    I mean in my work we have 150 people. I can assure you that if somebody new came in our work clothes he would be recognized very fast. Especially by the people from that sector. Same here.

I believe there should be these three levels:
    - hard npc (as now. Will recognize immediafelly. Bosses etc)
    - no threat (as no. But much more rare)
    - normal - most of the npcs - would recognize you but very slowly. But if you take a gardener disguise in some time he should be like "hey who is this guy?"

Quote Originally Posted by Agarwel View Post
    Sell I feel oposite way. I believe it should be even more diffult. Currently it is too easy. Almost rach location has some dusguise that almost nobody recognizes. And you are recognized always by the same npcs. Once you know the level you can run there without threat. The fact you can run there as a mantion staff and nobody cares is just strange. Its just a few people, they know each other.
    I mean in my work we have 150 people. I can assure you that if somebody new came in our work clothes he would be recognized very fast. Especially by the people from that sector. Same here.

I believe there should be these three levels:
    - hard npc (as now. Will recognize immediafelly. Bosses etc)
    - no threat (as no. But much more rare)
    - normal - most of the npcs - would recognize you but very slowly. But if you take a gardener disguise in some time he should be like "hey who is this guy?"

I totally agree with this too and makes me realize how absolution did something better than new Hitman. Cuz in Absolution, if you dressed in a cops uniform, EVERY cop would see through it. But then they had instinct to put your head down. Although that was kinda cheesy, they both worked well together as a whole as instinct was limited and didn't rejuvenate on higher levels.

As you say, just cuz someone is wearing a disguise, it shouldn't make him immune to being recognized by others in the same clothing just cuz they don't have a dot over their head (enforcer/boss).

And if anyone thinks the game is too hard, meet the running man. So I agree, it is way too easy right now, especially after you kill your target.

signature image