Thread: Nosgoth section in LOK forums?

Nosgoth section in LOK forums?

Nosgoth section in LOK forums?

If these forums are to be deleted when Nosgoth is shut down, would it be worth adding a new section to the LOK forums to store any notable threads or discussions people want to continue? I can't think of any myself at the moment, but there are a lot of people here who might want stuff keeping.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

I have to agree, though the game has been cancelled it is still has been an active game for over two years and people have been playing it for that long. I personally think I'd like something to remain but I'm sure others will disagree though.

I believe that the plan is for the Nosgoth forums to get moved over to a sub-section of the Legacy of Kain forums when the game closes. Like there is Blood Omen and Soul Reaver series discussion now, there will be a Nosgoth discussion section added with these threads moved to it.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    I believe that the plan is for the Nosgoth forums to get moved over to a sub-section of the Legacy of Kain forums when the game closes. Like there is Blood Omen and Soul Reaver series discussion now, there will be a Nosgoth discussion section added with these threads moved to it.
    That's basically what I was suggesting.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    That's pretty much the current plan, yes. I do want to clarify that we'll be moving some threads over from the current General Discussion to the new one, as well as some of the more LoK pertinent stuff from Off Topic, but the majority of other the threads will be locked and archived.

I still need confirmation from IT that they're happy to do this, but I want to make sure that older threads are still readable, I just don't want them being bumped frequently. So you should still be able to view those threads, it just won't be possible to reply to them. All future Nosgoth discussion would take place in the new General Discussion forum.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    That's pretty much the current plan, yes. I do want to clarify that we'll be moving some threads over from the current General Discussion to the new one, as well as some of the more LoK pertinent stuff from Off Topic, but the majority of other the threads will be locked and archived.
    Thank you for clarifying, glad it’s not just going to get binned like I thought it was going to be!

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith

I still need confirmation from IT that they're happy to do this, but I want to make sure that older threads are still readable, I just don't want them being bumped frequently. So you should still be able to view those threads, it just won't be possible to reply to them. All future Nosgoth discussion would take place in the new General Discussion forum.
    Glad to hear that Nosgoth won't just vanish from your forums like it never existed, thank you!
    signature image