Thread: Banned for running a cheating tool on background.

Banned for running a cheating tool on background.

Unhappy Banned for running a cheating tool on background.

Hello, this morning I have acquired a VAC ban on my steam for some reason. then I went to play Nosgoth I started my queue just fine but in a few moments it said that FairFight banned me, later on I contacted steam support and they said I had a cheating tool running on background while playing Nosgoth. So I decided to check an action log or how is it called on my windows and actually found out that there was running infamous "Cheat Engine", but well I had to use it yesterday for some special causes on different game, but now I got ban because I forgot to close it, I still didn't have proper reply on steam support, so I hope someone is still working or well.. just can have a little look maybe... Well it's fine if you don't want too, I'll just have to make a new account(which I'm doing already to play game...), besides game is about to close... I just want to enjoy last month of game like I did last 1300 hours of my playtime. But to be quiet honest I really want to get back to game...Me writing this sounds like I'm admitting that I have been cheating somewhere Haha, well that's quiet true in one kind of game honestly, I doubt that someone Never cheated on games by use of tools Haha.Well sorry for troubling you, I doubt that anyone is working now, but still I wrote all this...Thanks for paying attention if you did...

Hi there,

That is indeed an unfortunate situation. I'm afraid you'll have to pursue your request with Valve. They will be the ones to decide what they wish to do about the ban. I will warn you now, that they don't tend to change their minds on things like this.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Hi there,

That is indeed an unfortunate situation. I'm afraid you'll have to pursue your request with Valve. They will be the ones to decide what they wish to do about the ban. I will warn you now, that they don't tend to change their minds on things like this.
    I have received my reply from valve already with "zero tolerance policy" even if it was mistake they won't do anything. But the reason I made this post is a little different, it's that I got "Fair Fight" ban right after the VAC ban. And I was hoping someone can a... remove this fair fight ban...Well still thank you for the reply!Oh well I think it's pointless to ask that.

And to be quiet honest I don't know which account has been banned, I had a bug occured which caused 2 of my steams to connect my low level account, whenever I log with my main steam I have all my items, but name is Tude_Macloud always and friend list is same as in low level account, so I think you would like to take a look on SE account Bone_Shredder or ZiegBitingDog, I could still play with these messed up accounts, so all I wish to is to get unbanned 1 of these, not sure which is banned thou...

Hmmm, for some reason by previous response doesn't seem to have stuck to this thread.

The error message that you're receiving seems to be incorrect. It seems to be the VAC ban that is triggering that message. It's incorrectly stating it as Fairfight.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch