Thread: Petition for Legacy of Kain

Petition for Legacy of Kain

Petition for Legacy of Kain

Started a petition to get another chapter in the Legacy of Kain chronicles, maybe even get Square Enix to pick up where they left off on Legacy of Kain: Dead Moon. check it out
    https://www.change.org/p/square-enix...edium=copylink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJqsjJ16EsI

Dead Moon? Did I miss something?

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    I think he confused the title

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    No but SE clearly missed out on a badass title.

But honestly, this is meaningless. SE does not care if the characters or writing were exceptional. They do not care if you would buy it. You are one person. Even if that petition hits its goal, that's one-hundred people. That's nothing.

Now, if they just pulled what Crystal Dynamics did way back and placed a new game after some big time skip, that could pull a whole new audience (much as Soul Reaver did)...But they'd have to still pay mind to the property and continuity (as Soul Reaver did).

Any time skip would need to leave something for Kain to do if they wanted to keep his name attached. It can't pull Dead Sun's lazy bit of "Kain finished every single part of his legacy offscreen and died" crap and still claim any part of his legacy. Skip the EG's death and bump the Hylden up a few rungs on the antagonist ladder a few centuries after Defiance, why not. That gives them wiggle room aplenty, creatively speaking.

Hell, maybe write in some new threat if they'd rather not be tied to the Hylden either. The Mass can't possibly be the only apocalyptically-powerful eternal creature out there.

Or, as I've said often before, if they're bothered by the expectations of Kain's conclusion: Drop the "Legacy of Kain:" bit from the next title, tack on "Nosgoth:" and spin off a whole new story in the same world.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 21st Apr 2016 at 00:08.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.