Thread: Nosgoth

Nosgoth

Nosgoth

I'd like to share a brief video that voices the concerns about the termination of Nosgoth very well.

https://youtu.be/aR7BWyvzi64

I'd also like to say that from the summer of 2014, to open beta, to the Leagues, up to this point where the game's development has been cancelled, especially the part about it being cancelled, I am HUGELY hacked off. I feel particularly toxic towards both Square Enix, the holder of the LoK IP, and the developer, Psyonix, but I can't say for sure who I should be more infuriated with because there's no way to tell who the blame rests with. The development progress was abysmal. The forum responses and dev streams were not engaging towards player feedback and concerns. Now this.

Nosgoth has a strong, dedicated player base and the non-dedicated player base would grow with exactly three things, minimally: advertising, completely functional party-making, and a real match-making rating system if the game is going to continue using lobbies. Match-making rating like something used in Counter Strike: GO because individual player performance has to be measured in some way to make meaningful matchups.

Whatever the case may be, it might be in the best interest of the game, and the interested players, to put Nosgoth in the hands of a different developer. It's a request I don't highly expect to be listened to or honored, but Nosgoth should not go away.

Whoever moderates this forum, please forward on the request. Get it as high as you can to someone's attention. Some bad calls were made with management but the game is a true gem that shouldn't be lost.

Sincerely,

Dream

This is a great video! Thank you for posting it up, shares some good valid points! Funnily enough what a surprise though we both thought the same things and decided to share them.

I wonder why that is? Hmmm maybe there's some truth there!

Yup, you summarized the players opinions pretty well. Kudos sir. I totally agree on the fact that our request to find a way to continue Nosgoth's development should be taken high up to the people in charge at Square Enix. Our suggestions to keep the game going are objectively more valid than the "reason" they gave us for closing the game.

I just want to add something I also pointed out in the comments of your video regarding the leagues. On top of what was said on this video, we can add the fact that you decided to throw money down the drain on leagues while the game was in beta. You have to realize that nobody expected you to force competitive play during the development phase. It was unnecessary.

I can understand that you wanted to use cash prizes and competitive play to attract more players, but this was useless considering the player-base was not big enough (and that's okay for a beta, keep that in mind, you said it yourselves !) and the game wasn't even properly advertised.
    Every single friend of mine had the same reaction : "Nosgoth ? Never heard of it"... Does that seem normal for a publisher like Square Enix ? No. Mistakes were made. Mistakes are not crippling forever, what kind of company gives up at the first "difficulty" ? Yes the matchmaking and party system are utterly broken, like the launcher. So what ? Can't the game recover from that ? I feel like I'm lecturing the devs and SE here, but that's not what I'm doing. It's what I really believe and think is best for the game.

Consider our request and look objectively at the game itself and its potential. There are no other game out there like Nosgoth. Not a single one. Don't make this mistake.

We're still here !

The entire thing was mismanaged in the most pathetic and insulting way possible. I blame Psyonix definitely but I have to blame Square Enix more - because once Nosgoth is gone, it'll be them wasting the IP away on a shelf again.

Ugh. Can't even enjoy the game fully because of this, distracted and bitter through every match.
    I was going to try out Rocket League too. So much for that.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 13th Apr 2016 at 19:47.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

This was actually posted on the Square Enix general discussion forum, but the mods there apparently saw fit to move it back here. I only know what I remember and saw over the past 2 years.

Join our campaign to save the game (although in what form it remains to be seen)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1716081012010486/

#SaveNosgoth
    signature image

Interesting proposal. I hope they'll give it some thought. If there's a developer out there that sees this game's potential, it would be great if they were allowed to step in. Square Enix just seems to enjoy starting and then abandoning LOK projects.
    When I'd learned that LOK Dead Sun was cancelled I was disappointed, but figured that they probably scrapped it because it was garbage, but after I saw the 30 minute gameplay footage that they released post-cancellation, i was angry, because, much like this game, it had great potential.
    Another point well made: advertisement is key. They simply relied on already existing players spreading the word about this game, bringing their friends over to play, but this is a closed circle. Proper advertisement would have done wonders for the player base. I'm not even sure that they had any ads for popularizing this game, I have never seen one. I found out about Nosgoth in the Spring of 2014, while nostalgically googling for information about any upcoming LOK games. Can't really count on that to increase your player base.

Originally Posted by WinstonG
    Interesting proposal. I hope they'll give it some thought. If there's a developer out there that sees this game's potential, it would be great if they were allowed to step in. Square Enix just seems to enjoy starting and then abandoning LOK projects.
    When I'd learned that LOK Dead Sun was cancelled I was disappointed, but figured that they probably scrapped it because it was garbage, but after I saw the 30 minute gameplay footage that they released post-cancellation, i was angry, because, much like this game, it had great potential.
    Another point well made: advertisement is key. They simply relied on already existing players spreading the word about this game, bringing their friends over to play, but this is a closed circle. Proper advertisement would have done wonders for the player base. I'm not even sure that they had any ads for popularizing this game, I have never seen one. I found out about Nosgoth in the Spring of 2014, while nostalgically googling for information about any upcoming LOK games. Can't really count on that to increase your player base.
    Dead Sun deserved its death. SE was too cowardly to even allow it to follow continuity and Climax (the dev studio) actively insulted the series and mocked its fans. Its gameplay had potential but that was it.

And yeah, there was zero advertisement.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.