Thread: Call for Tomb Raider Magazine Covers!

Call for Tomb Raider Magazine Covers!

Hey all!

As part of our 20 year celebration, we’ve been trying to get a good count on how many covers Lara Croft has been on over the last two decades. We’ve found it to be almost impossible to track, and want to enlist your help!

We’d love for you to scan and upload the covers (covers only, no interiors) to Flickr which allows uncompressed image uploads. You can create a Flickr account for free if you don’t have one yet. Once you’ve uploaded them, send us a link to your dedicated album of Tomb Raider covers, and we’ll select those we don’t have in the collection yet and favorite them as a means to adding them to a single feed.

You can see what we currently have here.

Unfortunately, it's impossible for us to organize them by game simply by adding them as a favorite, so if you'd like to dump all your magazine covers in a single album and post a link, I can sort through which we already have, and which are new. Then, I'll favorite the new ones.

The goal is to get to 1000 covers! I know we've got that.

A few notes:
    • These can be any magazine with images of Lara Croft or Tomb Raider on them related to the Tomb Raider games, comics, movies, or merchandise. Even covers with Angelina Jolie on them count, as long as they are billed as an interview about Tomb Raider. The only thing we won’t accept is adult magazines with ties to Tomb Raider.
    • The cover can be shared with another gaming character, as long as Lara takes up at least half of the image.
    • Please ensure the cover doesn’t have a mailing address on it. If it does, please Photoshop or obscure any personal details prior to scanning.
    • In the title of the image, please put the magazine name, issue number, and month/date of release. In the caption, please put the country it is from.
    • You can watermark the cover image if it is a rare image, but please put it somewhere small and inconspicuous so that it doesn’t detract from the overall design. We want this to feel like an art gallery.

Let's do this! Post a link here, or send it direct to community AT crystald DOT com.

I didn't see this one in y'alls selection, so I thought I'd go ahead and throw it out here. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner, this was taken w/ my phone so it may not be the quality y'all are looking for, and it isn't exactly straight but maybe you've got better software than I do to fix that.

This is the Wizard Magazine Tomb Raider Special, which is a miss-leading title. TR only has a 6 (or so) page article and everything else is TopCow comics focused, so TR collectors you're not missing anything by skipping on this mag.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Nice one, Winter

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

^^^Thanks, it's a cool project to be a part of, even on a "small" scale, and very cool that she's reached out to us (always nice to feel involved). I'd have put more up, but by the time I finally remembered to go through my mags and see what I've got all my other ones were already submitted. That's literally the only one that hadn't been used yet.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

I have to say that I've already added 5 covers by a Polish Tomb Raider portal called World of Tomb Raider and they mentioned me on their Facebook funpage

BTW my name is Joanna

So, the firt five covers on top of this page are actually mine
    signature image