Thread: Blood Omen

Blood Omen

Blood Omen

"There is a magical operation of maximum importance: the initiation of a new aeon. When it becomes necessary to utter a word, the whole planet must be bathed in blood..." - Some voice, unrecognized as any character.

Was there ever any interpretation of what this meant later in the series, or who was meant to have said it?
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    "There is a magical operation of maximum importance: the initiation of a new aeon. When it becomes necessary to utter a word, the whole planet must be bathed in blood..." - Some voice, unrecognized as any character.

Was there ever any interpretation of what this meant later in the series, or who was meant to have said it?
    It's a quote from Aleister Crowley, supposedly predicting one of the world wars.

The full quote is:
    "There is a Magical operation of maximum importance: the Initiation of a New Aeon. When it becomes necessary to utter a Word, the whole Planet must be bathed in blood. Before man is ready to accept the Law of Thelema, the Great War must be fought. This Bloody Sacrifice is the critical point of the World-Ceremony of the Proclamation of Horus, the Crowned and conquering Child, as Lord of the Aeon."
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    It's a quote from Aleister Crowley, supposedly predicting one of the world wars.

The full quote is:
    "There is a Magical operation of maximum importance: the Initiation of a New Aeon. When it becomes necessary to utter a Word, the whole Planet must be bathed in blood. Before man is ready to accept the Law of Thelema, the Great War must be fought. This Bloody Sacrifice is the critical point of the World-Ceremony of the Proclamation of Horus, the Crowned and conquering Child, as Lord of the Aeon."
    Weirdly enough, I actually knew that. Must retain some Crowley from my past wiki wanderings...

But I meant LoK-wise.

Only vague speculations on an unfinished article.
    http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Omen_epigraph
    There's not much concrete to go on about it, but it would seem sensible to assume that it refers to the events of Blood Omen - and with later games adding to that mythos it probably deepens the meaning...whatever it is.

It seems to have been spoken by Neil Ross, but it's unlikely he was playing Malek at the time
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Originally Posted by Bazielim
    Only vague speculations on an unfinished article.
    http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Omen_epigraph
    There's not much concrete to go on about it, but it would seem sensible to assume that it refers to the events of Blood Omen - and with later games adding to that mythos it probably deepens the meaning...whatever it is.

It seems to have been spoken by Neil Ross, but it's unlikely he was playing Malek at the time
    Hm...It definitely refers to some great havoc.
    Could be Malek foreseeing the upcoming chaos, being the guardian of Conflict and all.
    Or, given his part in Moebius' schemes (as per SR2), it might even be him conjuring up the conflict...