Thread: A farewell letter to the Nosgoth Developers (+questions regarding Art and Soundtrack)

A farewell letter to the Nosgoth Developers (+questions regarding Art and Soundtrack)

Unhappy A farewell letter to the Nosgoth Developers (+questions regarding Art and Soundtrack)

(Hopefully there aren't to many typos - writing this on mobile)

Just yesterday i heard the sad news, that Nosgoth will close it's gate very soon.
    I was shocked, it legitimately drove me to tears.
    So i decided i just wanted to write a little Goodbye Letter before the game, together with the forums will disappear.
    It's really a shame, because there rarely are games that try something different, the way Nosgoth did.
    Asymetrical teams is something you rarely see, combined with all the unique characters and abilities, it made for a cery distinct gameplay.
    Really a damned shame...

I first learned about Nosgoth by chance, as i saw a Youtube Lets Player (MangaMinx) play the game in closed beta.
    I was immediately entranced and it somehow even seemed familiar.
    As i went to try and get into the beta myself i read all about the game at which point it finally hit me. It's a Legacy of Kain game!
    Having played (and absolutely failed) Soul Reaver way back when with my father this made me all nostalgic, falling even more in love with what Nosgoth set out to be.

When i finally got into the closed beta, i was amazed by the absolutely beautiful graphics. It always struck me as sonething that showed the Devs devotion to delivering something dear to their heart.
    The art style was unique, with a disturbingly dark setting (in a good way ofc).
    The maps were beautifully crafted and the characters looked amazing.
    Even the music... Oh god i love the soundtrack of this game.
    All these great aesthetics, as well as the exhilerating gameplay made Me invest more than 320 hours into the game since closed beta, as well as buying one of the founder packs as it released.

When i first started out i played like nothing but the Alchemist and early enough went ahead and bought a nice skin for her.
    While also having fun with the other classes i loved being able to support with her, while still being flexible enough to fend for my own.
    And those trickshots you sometimes got with the grenades, oh boy.
    Nothing more satisfying than hitting a flying sentinel in the face with a grenade.
    I thought there's no way they'll release skmething more badass than the alchemist. Boy was i wrong.
    When i saw allthe concepts of the Prophets i immediately knew i was gonna play the crap out of them.
    With their hidden faces and the scarring, as well as a voice that sent shivers down my spine, these gala were such great characters. My favorite thing was banishing sentinels that came down to swoop you just to basically fall face first to the ground, only go be shot to hell shortly after.
    And disturbingly gruesome way to heal your allies by sacrificing your own health, god how i loved the prophet.
    Man thinking about the great times i had, writing this makes me even more sad.

I will miss burning vampires to ash with the alchemist.
    I will miss sapping the lifeforce of the vampires to channel them into my allies with the prophet.
    I will miss sniping a low health vampire with an explosive arrow, to see them panic when they survive the first hit only to die to the explosion shortly after with the scout.
    I will miss defending my teammates from harm with the vanguard.
    I will miss seeing vampires run around helplessly as they are bound by a bola with the hunter.

I will miss jumping across half the map with the tyrant to smash in the puny humans' heads.
    I will miss flying high up in the sky, waiting for the right moment to speed down and snatch one of those humans with the sentinel.
    I will miss stalking around corners to pounce unsuspecting lone humans with the reaver.
    I will miss creeping up behind humans and assassinating them with the deceiver.
    I will miss overwhelming humans with superior arcane arts with the summoner.

I will even miss the community, which will go into timeout when the enemies ally disconnected until they return, so that everyone has a fair game.

I will miss Nosgoth...

All of this is basically just a roundabout way of saying "Thank you" for building this beautiful game and even if it dies, i shall never forget the amazing time i spent playing and all the good times i had with it.

However, i have one last plea for the Developers.
    Having already said how much i love the art style and tone of Nosgoth, i was wondering if it was possible to release a collection of concept art and other interesting things like that.
    I would love being able to look back at those, some time down the line, to remember this great work of art.

As well as the Soundtrack.
    I still remember posting in a thread asking whether a soundtrack will ever be released of the game.
    So here i am asking again, is it possible to release the Soundtrack now, seeing as this is the last chance to ask.
    I always found myself humming along to the music and it always really stuck to me, even now.
    It would be great to get all the songs to listen to, as a big fan of videogame music.

It would bring me great joy if any of these two (or both <3) would e possible.

Anyway, i could fill pages about all the things i adores about the game and Ll the things i will miss, but that would probably be enough to write a book, so i'll cut this short.

Again, thank you for everything Nosgoth team, it was a fun ride
    I wish you all well in your future endeavors.

*curls up in a corner and cries*
    signature image

Just came to say not a big surprise at all. Rankeds were unbalanced as and people did bullying or were just unexperienced to the game. Here I am laughing to the whole finnish team who bullied me in one ranked match and now all those 1000+ hours of gameplay that game they had was a big waste of time.
    Get a life and play well.

Why do you assume it`s over already? I friggin` hate attitude like that. Go down fighting: there are people who put some petition up. We can send more letters to developers, or to thier bosses who seem to be truly responsible for this whole affair... I can`t fly to Japan and beat the crap out of them- well, i can techincally, but i don`t have money to do that :P - but i can put my signature under letters asking for game that is more about story, not only tits and big guns
    Even if struggling will do jack, you`ll fell far better, than just rolling over and cry in the corner

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    *Tyrant hugs*
    Yes, hug. And crush them. No one will ever give you something because you are polite and nice- i was like that big portion of my life. "Do rany przyłóż"- literally: "(someone) to put on your wounds(because it will have healing and soothing effect)". And everyone always took for granted i`ll be there for them as last option, pillow to cry on, or someone to vent frustrations on. And here i am. And no, you don`t want to know.
    However silly it sounds with this whole thing, i say: let`s try again
    And don`t give up

6. Originally Posted by Dattaz
    Here I am laughing to the whole finnish team who bullied me in one ranked match and now all those 1000+ hours of gameplay that game they had was a big waste of time.
    I don't get this attitude. Why is it a waste of time now because the game is cancelled?
    I have 1000+ hours and most of the time it was fun, so it is no waste of time for me. Not more than it would have been if this game continued.

Originally Posted by Heretic_13
    Why do you assume it`s over already? I friggin` hate attitude like that. Go down fighting: there are people who put some petition up. We can send more letters to developers, or to thier bosses who seem to be truly responsible for this whole affair... I can`t fly to Japan and beat the crap out of them- well, i can techincally, but i don`t have money to do that :P - but i can put my signature under letters asking for game that is more about story, not only tits and big guns
    Even if struggling will do jack, you`ll fell far better, than just rolling over and cry in the corner

Yes, hug. And crush them. No one will ever give you something because you are polite and nice- i was like that big portion of my life. "Do rany przyłóż"- literally: "(someone) to put on your wounds(because it will have healing and soothing effect)". And everyone always took for granted i`ll be there for them as last option, pillow to cry on, or someone to vent frustrations on. And here i am. And no, you don`t want to know.
    However silly it sounds with this whole thing, i say: let`s try again
    And don`t give up
    Yeah, we need to keep badgering. We have some good point to make, but the problem is the player-base just dropped drastically after the announcement, and they can tell us that the petition is worthless because no one is playing anymore... That would be dishonest but hey, they're already blaming the lack of players even though they caused it right ? What a nerve and dishonesty...