Thread: Change to pay to play

Change to pay to play

Change to pay to play

Hi, cancelling this project is really retarted idea. Gae has so much potential its crazy. Gameplay idea and lore is great beyond belief. So knowing how corporations work I suppose the problem is money. You can change the model to pay to play maybe with some monthly payment i suppose that will give you some more money than from ty chest and stuff and seeing how much people want to keep this game up, it will work. Just dont kill it, its the most idiotic thing you can do to this gem. LoK series has been on hold for too much and you have ton of die hard fans that will support this game. pls square enix lfor once lisen to the people

Such a shame to let this game die.

I'd buy the game (pay-to-play) if they'd focus on fixing the bugs and removed chests.

Pls, no subscription fee, nobody is going to check out this game then.

I personally thought the business model was pretty good, actually. I loved the cosmetics and I was ready to spend money on them. All I needed was a good number of skins to choose from and a reasonable pricetag on them. That's all.

I didn't even mind the rng chests as long as the chance of getting a valuable item was reasonable realtive to the price of the chest, which it WASN'T. The cost of the exalted chests was pure arrogance.

I'd quite happily pay for Nosgoth, with everything I own right now, even if its just a one off "buy the game " and then the extra money they make from instore stuff to keep the servers up, I'd pay a subscription if need be too. They just do a days trial or something like they do in other games to get people to still try it out.

I never paid anything into Nosgoth. The prices never matched the chances.
    That's why it didn't pull enough profit. Nobody likes to be ripped off. (Though, admittedly, I was planning to set some cash aside for Nosgoth...Before I saw the news.)

But pay-to-play? Absolutely. They could make it a paid game up front and keep an in-game store (throw in everything from the chests too). Then I'd be willing to pay in plenty even after the up-front price. I'm sure others would as well.

Should find a way to contact SE/Psyonix directly and show that that model would be supported by the players.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 12th Apr 2016 at 01:29.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

I'm all for it. Payday 2 has a great model. It's pay to play. The price right now I think is 30$? You get a load of content already. They have DLC packs for guns, masks skins etc. they HAD micro transactions for a limited time. The content you get with the DLC packs varies on worth but it's all near and useful and even just goofy cosmetic stuff. Nosgoth needs to do this. Sure keep the micros in for certain things but also allow DLC packs. Hell, have maps and characters part of DLC packs just like payday 2. But the silenced cathedral map, get zephonim as well. And unlock the abilities.

Even rocket league is 20$ bucks and uses DLC and unlocks. And it's doing great....but it is multi platform.

Originally Posted by calypso-694
    Hell, have maps and characters part of DLC packs just like payday 2. But the silenced cathedral map, get zephonim as well. And unlock the abilities.
    Terrible idea. Characters should not be DLC of any kind, definitely not in a competitive game that relies on class abilities to balance and counter. Nor should maps, lest you split a playerbase between those who have [x] map and those who don't.

Skins, unique weapons/abilities, accessories (Vanguard shield, etcetera) could all work on that model though.

Hell, I'll give 'em a freebie idea: Bundle all the class skins for Kain's Elite Guard into a pack - even gave a title for it. You're welcome. I'd buy it even after tossing a purchase fee their way.

Murder Pack - all murderous abilities. Another!

Price them decent and, for those who don't want bundles, leave individual purchase (again at a proper price) as an alternate option.

This is something I could suggest in the petition's description (for those who didn't see it, we changed the description to make it more suitable to our goals). Pay to play is a viable suggestion, but this model needs to be carried out with a proper advertising campaign.

For those who are interested btw, you can join our FB group to show your love for the game and share your suggestions to save Nosgoth!

Originally Posted by Roy644
    This is something I could suggest in the petition's description (for those who didn't see it, we changed the description to make it more suitable to our goals). Pay to play is a viable suggestion, but this model needs to be carried out with a proper advertising campaign.

For those who are interested btw, you can join our FB group to show your love for the game and share your suggestions to save Nosgoth!
    I would 100% suggest it.

And I joined the group mostly to keep contact with fellow LoK fans but showing the love's definitely a part of it.

Great! If you have sudden wonderful ideas you can still share them in the group :-P

Even rocket league is 20$ bucks and uses DLC and unlocks. And it's doing great....but it is multi platform.
    THIS SO MUCH THIS!!!!!! If only the bods upstairs can see this!

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    THIS SO MUCH THIS!!!!!! If only the bods upstairs can see this!
    I imagine nobody's seeing any of it, especially not SE.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I imagine nobody's seeing any of it, especially not SE.
    Ygdrasel you kill me lol unintentionally funny. I hear this sarcastic tone in my head. Sadly true. We are all here just rambling and none of it is getting heard. Crowdfunding IS an option and Cat said so during gamescom last year. But clearly they don't want it. Please square if you are listening even a little. Just give LOK to someone else because clearly you want nothing to do with it.

Ygdrasel you kill me lol unintentionally funny. I hear this sarcastic tone in my head. Sadly true. We are all here just rambling and none of it is getting heard. Crowdfunding IS an option and Cat said so during gamescom last year. But clearly they don't want it. Please square if you are listening even a little. Just give LOK to someone else because clearly you want nothing to do with it.
    Sarcastic isn't the tone here. Bitter, well...If I could literally spit venom, somebody around me would be blind.

Thing is, a lot's been said. And most of it's been called into question by this fiasco. (And I don't even know if Cat exists anymore, that's how abandoned this thing seems.)

We ought to petition SE to shop the property around if they won't save Nosgoth. They're too afraid to do anything with LoK themselves. Even with Dead Sun, they mandated that the continuity be distanced.

15. Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Thing is, a lot's been said. And most of it's been called into question by this fiasco. (And I don't even know if Cat exists anymore, that's how abandoned this thing seems.)
    She wasn't in Steam for something like 40 days, according to her twitter account, she is still a Community Manager at Square Enix, but it doesn't seem like she posted any comment on Nosgoth being cancelled.

The "Founders pack" is practically your "pay to play" version.
    And it pretty much didnt matter at all.....
    Square Enix have other stuff in mind.

Originally Posted by DemonioB1anco
    The "Founders pack" is practically your "pay to play" version.
    Not at all...

There's no better advertisement for any game on Steam than showing up in the "top sellers" chart.
    Wouldn't be a viable solution if SE converted Nosgoth to P2P with a price tag between $20 and $30? Players then will have it bombarded to the top selling charts! maybe?
    SE then should/can authenticate the founders and relief them from paying for the game again. I'd be more than happy to buy it for $20-$30.

That is considering the in-game runestone prices get cut by half or lowered significantly.

Originally Posted by Phobophobian
    There's no better advertisement for any game on Steam than showing up in the "top sellers" chart.
    Wouldn't be a viable solution if SE converted Nosgoth to P2P with a price tag between $20 and $30? Players then will have it bombarded to the top selling charts! maybe?
    SE then should/can authenticate the founders and relief them from paying for the game again. I'd be more than happy to buy it for $20-$30.

That is considering the in-game runestone prices get cut by half or lowered significantly.
    Well, moving the game from F2P to P2P when it goes out of beta is something that really makes sense. With a 20$ dollars price tag and an in-game shop (NO RNG STUFF) + proper advertising, it could be a big hit. Trying this should be the first idea before simply closing it.

Originally Posted by Roy644
    Well, moving the game from F2P to P2P when it goes out of beta is something that really makes sense. With a 20$ dollars price tag and an in-game shop (NO RNG STUFF) + proper advertising, it could be a big hit. Trying this should be the first idea before simply closing it.
    Well said!

Should bombard SE through every possible channel. Maybe they'll learn to make a reasonable decision.