Thread: So long, Nosgoth...

So long, Nosgoth...

So long, Nosgoth...

Apparently nothing to be done for it.

But, I really feel like it should be reiterated: Psyonix built a lot of new lore, maps, designs and all for this game. And Kain's empire is still a time period worth exploring, if only in a spinoff-ish sort of way with no major story implications ala BO2.

It's the first game to ever bring Dark Eden and its implications back. The marked skins show some clear fallout from the Hylden (or the demon dimension or glyph energy - both of which basically trace back to Hylden). Could even place us in the role of ol' Eskandor, make it a game about the ill-fated clan during the war. Something. Why waste all the work these guys did fleshing out Nosgoth, the land?
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

I think the best place to utilize it would be in a Soul Reaver remake.

Have all the human factions and the humans presence far more pronounced and visible in the world, with exploration into their territories. Letting us pick up and use their weapons might be interesting.

With the vamps there could be three levels of opponents in each clan. The fledglings as the lowest, (allowing them a short grace period before going feral) dressed as they are in Nosgoth. The feral vampires as the intermediate, appearing in the devolved form as they were in the original Soul Reaver. The wraiths as the advanced, appearing in the evolved skins because their devolution was halted by their death.

Of course all map locations would be essential and a joy to fully explore.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I think the best place to utilize it would be in a Soul Reaver remake.

Have all the human factions and the humans presence far more pronounced and visible in the world, with exploration into their territories. Letting us pick up and use their weapons might be interesting.

With the vamps there could be three levels of opponents in each clan. The fledglings as the lowest, (allowing them a short grace period before going feral) dressed as they are in Nosgoth. The feral vampires as the intermediate, appearing in the devolved form as they were in the original Soul Reaver. The wraiths as the advanced, appearing in the evolved skins because their devolution was halted by their death.

Of course all map locations would be essential and a joy to fully explore.
    Not sure about a remake like that. SR's era is meant to be the absolute low state of the world and its species. That's why the vamps are all feral and humans are, save some wanderers and Zephon's thralls, holed up in the Citadel.

But they could do all of that same stuff, three vamp levels and human presence and all, elsewhere. Maybe after Kain bails, the lieutenants rearrange the empire a bit, humans try to take advantage...Or maybe some member of the empire (or some inquisitive human) goes looking into where exactly he's vanished.

Or sometime around the beginning of Kain's empire, Raziel still serving, and his clan still beautiful but wingless (or just starting to develop them, so maybe some bone outcrops that will become wings in time). Basically the Evolved Sentinel sans mask and wings. The Nosgoth evolved skins could still appear, who's to say they only started to show after Raziel's death...And the standard Nosgoth skins as well, of course, as default.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 17th Apr 2016 at 02:01.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I really feel like it should be reiterated: Psyonix built a lot of new lore, maps, designs and all for this game. And Kain's empire is still a time period worth exploring, if only in a spinoff-ish sort of way with no major story implications ala BO2.

It's the first game to ever bring Dark Eden and its implications back. The marked skins show some clear fallout from the Hylden (or the demon dimension or glyph energy - both of which basically trace back to Hylden). Could even place us in the role of ol' Eskandor, make it a game about the ill-fated clan during the war. Something. Why waste all the work these guys did fleshing out Nosgoth, the land?
    Indeed, they did fantastic work (imo).

I was really hoping they'd change their mind on cancelling the game or something (although it's highly unlikely).
    The game is pretty good, and well told and justified. It felt believable and with good thought put into it.
    If they'd just give more time to focus on stabling the game, fixing all bugs and whatnot...