Thread: Can't open DLC card packs in Gift screen, "inventory full" error

Can't open DLC card packs in Gift screen, "inventory full" error

I am playing the PC version of Tomb Raider, purchased on Steam. I have contacted Square Enix support via the support web page and email, and they directed me to post a message in this forum.

I am unable to use the Marketplace Gift screen to open the Juggernaut Pack (Included in the $2.99 "Hope's Bastion Pack" DLC) and the Master Hunter Pack (Included in the $2.99 "Sparrowhawk Pack" DLC). When I try to open those gift packs, I get an "inventory full" error, even if I sell half of the cards in my inventory. Presumably this is happening because I somehow already have a Juggernaut and Master Hunter card in my inventory, and those cards can not be sold or otherwise removed from my inventory. I bought the DLC primarily so I could use the outfit and weapon cards. The outfit and weapon cards are not in my inventory, and I can not get them because I can not open the packs.

I tried loading my end game save, and I am able to equip the DLC outfits and weapons in the main game. However, I am mostly playing Expeditions now, after 100% completion of the game. Without the cards, I can not use those outfits or weapons in the Expeditions.

I also get an "inventory full" error every time I start the game, as soon as it connects to the Square Enix servers to retrieve my credits balance and card inventory. I suspect this is because I somehow have two Holy Fire foil cards in my inventory. My assumption is that the permanent cards are supposed to be unique. I can't sell or otherwise remove the extra Holy Fire card, so I can't fix the problem myself. This started happening after PC patch 1.0.647.2 (Patch #6, which added the Cold Darkness DLC).

I have taken some screenshots which illustrate the problem, located here: https://imgur.com/a/UfUvu

This is not a Steam support issue, because I had no problem purchasing the DLC on Steam. It was properly activated for my game, and in fact I am able to use two of the four DLC packs I paid for. The problem is with the game's Marketplace feature, because it will not allow me to open the card packs that came with two of the DLC I purchased.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

I am getting the same message, however I don't even know which packs are unopened and which not because I hadn't logged in for a while.

I have the season pass though.

I have the exact same problem with the Sparrowhawk pack. I bought this one and the Tactical Survivor one and could only open the second one. When trying to open the other one, I get the same error message as you guys do, probably because, as for you, I already have the Master Hunter card in my inventory. Don't ask me how I got it, I don't know... I contacted the Square Enix support last week and "they are working on it".
    If anyone knows how to solve this problem, any help is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFl8k View Post
    I have the exact same problem with the Sparrowhawk pack. I bought this one and the Tactical Survivor one and could only open the second one. When trying to open the other one, I get the same error message as you guys do, probably because, as for you, I already have the Master Hunter card in my inventory. Don't ask me how I got it, I don't know... I contacted the Square Enix support last week and "they are working on it".
    If anyone knows how to solve this problem, any help is welcome
    Based on current data, I am guessing very strongly your "Expedition inventory" is "full" (per the existent programming code) and the solution might possibly be to simply delete your "least favorite" Expedition mode cards, or duplicates - high-grade foil cards and special cards (e.g. your Master Hunter) you can keep, thankfully - deleting duplicates and/or lesser-ranking cards or cards insalubrious to your mind, seemingly, is necessitated by the quantitatively grounded coding, apparently the only hypothetical way of "resolving" this problem as the situation currently exists, as far as I can see...

Yep. As it seems you can only have a specific amount of each card. When you have them all, you can't get any more. And most are limited to there or four. Had the same problem, but as soon as I used or sold enough cards I could open up packs again, but - logically - only got back the cards I just used/sold.