Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Save Nosgoth petition!

Save Nosgoth petition!

Ok so it's not the storming of the Winter Palace, but as I am looking at this petition now it has....1926 signatures (well done Hector). SE have issued one response to this and this was probably a good 500 to 1000 signatures ago. Any update?

https://www.change.org/p/squareenix-...wn-on-may-31st
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sluagh
    Ok so it's not the storming of the Winter Palace, but as I am looking at this petition now it has....1926 signatures (well done Hector). SE have issued one response to this and this was probably a good 500 to 1000 signatures ago. Any update?

2000 consumers is not enough for Square Enix to care

(I'm teasing ya SE, I know you love us!)

Hi there,

The effort that many of you are putting into trying to prevent Nosgoth's closure is certainly commendable, however I'm sorry to say that it hasn't changed anything. Nosgoth will still be taken offline on the 31st of May.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Oh yes any support on my 'Nosgoth' Thunderclap would be much appreciated. I only need 500 for that which is...ambitious. https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...vers?locale=en
    signature image

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Hi there,

The effort that many of you are putting into trying to prevent Nosgoth's closure is certainly commendable, however I'm sorry to say that it hasn't changed anything. Nosgoth will still be taken offline on the 31st of May.
    Thanks Oghamsmith for keeping us in the loop. You probably know already that the people insane enough to still be here are unlikely to listen.
    signature image

I'm genuinely curious though. What's so special about Square Enix and/or Psyonix that makes it impossible to keep a game up and running with almost 2000 players daily ?...

Why does Vermintide is still getting regular updates with the same amount of players ? Why does Primal Carnage is still running with a max of 1000 players ? Why is the idiotic (and yet fun) Dino D-Day is still having some servers running with less than 100 players ? Why is a MMO like RIFT is surviving with 1500 players a day ? A MMO ? 1500 players ? Why is No More Room in Hell, yet another zombie survival game, F2P, is still running with around 1000 players a day too ? Why is Fistful of Frags still got servers running with less than 500 players daily ? I'm sure this list can go on for the majority of multiplayer games on Steam.

What makes Nosgoth and Square Enix / Psyonix so special ? I mean, Square Enix has more notoriety and money than all the aforementioned devs/publishers combined. Same goes for Psyonix. The conclusion seems to be that if a game is not a huge success like Rocket League or an easy buck like Tomb Raider or Hitman, that game isn't worth the trouble. But I'm willing to be proven wrong, I hope I'm wrong actually ! I would love to have some explanation, really. Not trying to flame nor being sarcastic. Enlighten me !

Originally Posted by Roy644
    I'm genuinely curious though. What's so special about Square Enix and/or Psyonix that makes it impossible to keep a game up and running with almost 2000 players daily ?...

Why does Vermintide is still getting regular updates with the same amount of players ? Why does Primal Carnage is still running with a max of 1000 players ? Why is the idiotic (and yet fun) Dino D-Day is still having some servers running with less than 100 players ? Why is a MMO like RIFT is surviving with 1500 players a day ? A MMO ? 1500 players ? Why is No More Room in Hell, yet another zombie survival game, F2P, is still running with around 1000 players a day too ? Why is Fistful of Frags still got servers running with less than 500 players daily ? I'm sure this list can go on for the majority of multiplayer games on Steam.

What makes Nosgoth and Square Enix / Psyonix so special ? I mean, Square Enix has more notoriety and money than all the aforementioned devs/publishers combined. Same goes for Psyonix. The conclusion seems to be that if a game is not a huge success like Rocket League or an easy buck like Tomb Raider or Hitman, that game isn't worth the trouble. But I'm willing to be proven wrong, I hope I'm wrong actually ! I would love to have some explanation, really. Not trying to flame nor being sarcastic. Enlighten me !

This is years old but I don't know if still relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mH80aBa3WE
    signature image

This is years old but I don't know if still relevant https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mH80aBa3WE
    If that were still relevant, Nosgoth wouldn't have even begun. Nor would Dead Sun.

Originally Posted by Roy644
    (I'm teasing ya SE, I know you love us!)
    No they don't.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    If that were still relevant, Nosgoth wouldn't have even begun. Nor would Dead Sun.

No they don't.
    Yeah maybe. Might be some kind of reactive measure that SE fall back into when they think they aren't gonna make enough dough.
    signature image

Yeah maybe. Might be some kind of reactive measure that SE fall back into when they think they aren't gonna make enough dough.
    No they won't make enough dough if they keep canceling projects before release.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    No they won't make enough dough if they keep canceling projects before release.
    Ahah so true. And not realizing that Nosgoth is an excellent game that deserves to be advertised and to get more love from them shows how little they know about gaming. Maybe their reputation is true after all...

Page 3 of 3 First First 123