Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Save Nosgoth petition!

Save Nosgoth petition!

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    Probably you don't noticed, but it was fixed, now the grammar is good and the contenet is better
    I am not so sure about that... It is just a copied version of the post from here. It still needs to be rephrased for an official petition.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    I am not so sure about that... It is just a copied version of the post from here. It still needs to be rephrased for an official petition.
    That was to say to SE what is the problem of the game AND HOW SOLVE THEM

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    Probably you don't noticed, but it was fixed, now the grammar is good and the contenet is better
    Yeah it's better but not exactly the expected format for such a petition. But anyway, I can't do much about that now and I feel this petition will be ignored by Square Enix the same way our feedback was ignored for so long...

Originally Posted by Roy644
    Yeah it's better but not exactly the expected format for such a petition. But anyway, I can't do much about that now and I feel this petition will be ignored by Square Enix the same way our feedback was ignored for so long...
    Thanks Zarxiel and Roy. Forgive me, I think I petition needs to have quite clear demands or at least requests within it. The thing written has some good elements, but let me write this below and see what you think....

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Petition

We the Nosgoth Community are devastated that you plan to decommission the game and feel that we cannot let this happen without campaigning to prevent it. The ethos behind the game when it was earlier in development was very much about co-operating with the existing Legacy of Kain community, as well as emergent players. By cancelling the game out of the blue fans you have created some bitter disappointment, particularly as the player base, although not massive, is steady and reliable. We believe in whatever form Nosgoth was to continue, it could easily become a successful game, and despite causing a lot of heartbreak over the last day or so, you have created an innovative game and rewarding content.

Thus we demand:

- That other development options are opened up. Whether through crowd funding, changes to fees, or an entirely new developer involved, the game should continue in some form.

-That private servers be kept open, so if even static, the game continues in a basic mode.

- That the Launcher be at least fixed to allow for people to enter the game properly.

- That you at least release concept art for the Rahabim. The excuse about not creating false expectations is not sufficient and hardly a significant argument if you choose to close the game anyway.

- That a discussion is had about some of the features of the game such as League and the chest/reward system as for many people these have impeded the game rather than helped it grow.

Despite these demands being made the Nosgoth community are not hostile to SE or Psyonix, although disappointed with the decision making on show. It is not the time here to criticise the video games industry. It was argued that keeping the game live would be impossible without constant development; your player base has people who are willing to perform that development purely from love. Money, labour or promotion are all things that the community are happy to give. Don't squander the good work of so many people and dash good intentions.

Please don't close Nosgoth, our game.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

There is nothing to stop people writing letters of their own and sending them to Sqeenix too.
    Last edited by Sluagh; 10th Apr 2016 at 21:27.
    signature image

What I'd really appreciate are some facts and figures, should this letter be sent (even not as a petition) For example, stats around player pops, links to good reviews, all that kind of jazz. I like running campaigns, so I am also going to suggest we set up some kind of group to try and put some of these things together, maybe on FB or Loomio or something.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sluagh
    What I'd really appreciate are some facts and figures, should this letter be sent (even not as a petition) For example, stats around player pops, links to good reviews, all that kind of jazz. I like running campaigns, so I am also going to suggest we set up some kind of group to try and put some of these things together, maybe on FB or Loomio or something.
    That's a great idea. We can try to find all the positive stuff that are all over the internet regarding Nosgoth. They need to see there is a lot of love for this game. And great letter btw mate. I think this is exactly the kind of message that should be written in the description of the petition. Good intentions are not enough to make our point and make our suggestions look serious.

I can try to help you find other requests to put in this if you want, but I think you can already ask the guys responsible for this petition to put your message as description. It's way more clear and succinct than the current one. The only complaint I have at first glance is how you kinda mix stuff regarding your wish to keep the game alive with your suggestions related to the case where the game is shut down. It should be more clear that the first thing people want is to keep this game going, not only some servers.
    Last edited by Roy644; 10th Apr 2016 at 22:26.

That's a great idea. We can try to find all the positive stuff that are all over the internet regarding Nosgoth. They need to see there is a lot of love for this game. And great letter btw mate. I think this is exactly the kind of message that should be written in the description of the petition. Good intentions are not enough to make our point and make our suggestions look serious
    Thanks. I have created an FB group (which ultimately I don't find terribly satisfying for planning stuff cos posts get easily lost. But...at an early stage it is ok. so if people want an invite them PM me and I will sort it.
    signature image

There's already a group in memory of Nosgoth. We could eventually use this one to plan those stuff since some people are already in it. But if you prefer a separate group, give the link and share it everywhere ! Here, in multiple topics, on Steam, in-game etc...

There's already a group in memory of Nosgoth. We could eventually use this one to plan those stuff since some people are already in it. But if you prefer a separate group, give the link and share it everywhere ! Here, in multiple topics, on Steam, in-game etc...
    Yes I think I am a member of it. Do you mean Nosgothic Realm? The problem on there is that you get a load of annoying people jumping in every day with "Nosgoth sucks, it's not canon blah blah" posts all the time. Plus also people put a lot of their fan stuff up. This is good, and worth bringing to SE's attention but ultimately I think tends to distract. I was sort of hoping to work of the back of both groups: 1 for planning stuff, a sort of Vanguard (so to speak) and then 2 use the other group, which has a lot of members, to spread it. Anyway these are my thoughts, but open to suggestions, there is still a lot of time left (well a fair amount).

Also just realised with FB groups you can invite by email. Duh
    Last edited by Sluagh; 10th Apr 2016 at 22:41.
    signature image

No, the group is Legacy of Nosgoth, and it's not filled with annoying people for the moment. Most of them even want to try to save the game so you might want to check it out. The guy who made the petition is part of it, I posted the link to your letter, asking him to consider this as the description for the petition, and asking other members to contribute as well

No, the group is Legacy of Nosgoth, and it's not filled with annoying people for the moment. Most of them even want to try to save the game so you might want to check it out. The guy who made the petition is part of it, I posted the link to your letter, asking him to consider this as the description for the petition, and asking other members to contribute as well
    Sorry my bad. I will check it out tomorrow. For now I better crash (like the servers since forever :P)
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sluagh
    Sorry my bad. I will check it out tomorrow. For now I better crash (like the servers since forever :P)
    Stop it ! I should do the same. We'll have the chance to talk more about the subject in future days

Is people using some #Hastag or something?
    Like #SaveNosgoth
    .or something?

Originally Posted by DemonioB1anco
    Is people using some #Hastag or something?
    Like #SaveNosgoth
    .or something?
    I've been using #savenosgoth on some things, maybe we should be or using it more.

This is Kain's kingdom and when he returns Nosgoth should be there waiting for him, lets save Nosgoth!

Originally Posted by OM3GA-Z3RO
    This is Kain's kingdom and when he returns Nosgoth should be there waiting for him, lets save Nosgoth!
    We're trying ! Join us !

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I've been using #savenosgoth on some things, maybe we should be or using it more.
    If we could get that Hashtag out there it would be great #SaveNosgoth. I am hoping with the Thunderclap on top it will be boosted.
    signature image

I reported Psyonix using the "Report a Player Protocol." That should fix things, or at least get the ball rolling.

People in the Legacy of Nosgoth FB group had the idea of contacting Simon, Amy, Daniel, etcetera. Trying to get some short video clips supporting Nosgoth for a community video.

They're all luckily on Twitter (along with Michael Bell and Rene...Auberjonois?, with some I'm sure contactable via other methods - Daniel on his website, for one.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

I searched the tag on Twitter. It's got a few posts, the newest is eight hours old. One was retweeted. Another was liked. Beyond that, no retweets or likes or responses.

It's doomed.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I searched the tag on Twitter. It's got a few posts, the newest is eight hours old. One was retweeted. Another was liked. Beyond that, no retweets or likes or responses.

It's doomed.
    Do you think maybe that a lot of gamers don't use Twitter anyway? I was looking at a load of Youtube gaming channels today and the number of subscribers there, and also using things like Twitch is significantly higher than Twitter. Anyway, you may be right. But on the FB group we have a preliminary date of April 24th to sally out of the besieged bastion and try and bombard social media with #SaveNosgoth tweets etc. Will have to see.
    signature image

i'm so sorry but i think only 1700 is NOTHING for BiG Boss Square Enix ... they want Money so 1700 is for us :/

But its their fault if they do no Pub no Advert to the game ... Nobody on earth know the game .... But Final fantasy they do 100000 Advert, conference, anime, film ....
    before i love Square enix .... Now i hate them ....
    they just think about Money ...
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 17th Apr 2016 at 12:29.

Originally Posted by seb16120
    they just think about Money ...
    It's almost as if they're a business like every other game studio in the world.

The issue isn't that they think about money. The issue is that they've actively thwarted their own money-making attempts (whether in canceling games before release, burning huge amounts of money in prize pools, failing to advertise or improve based on feedback...) but somehow still fail to blame themselves.

Square Enix does just think about money. The problem is that, judging by their actions and attitude here, that thinking consists entirely of "We are terrified of money and don't want it anywhere near us!"

I'm not sure if this will help...but if anyone feels it will, you can try sending the team some e-mails directly:
    http://psyonix.com/about/

They have 4 e-mails...i'm unsure which one would be better suited for this situation though... maybe "esports[at]psyonix.com"

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    I'm not sure if this will help...but if anyone feels it will, you can try sending the team some e-mails directly:
    http://psyonix.com/about/

They have 4 e-mails...i'm unsure which one would be better suited for this situation though... maybe "esports[at]psyonix.com"
    I'd say try 'em all just to cover all bases.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last