Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Save Nosgoth petition!

Save Nosgoth petition!

Save Nosgoth petition!

A dedicated fan has created this change.org petition, I'm sharing on his behalf, if you can spare a few moments then please sign...

Nosgoth petition

Even if we can´t influence their decision with this, at least we can show how many people cared about the game. Signed.

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    A dedicated fan has created this change.org petition, I'm sharing on his behalf, if you can spare a few moments then please sign...

Nosgoth petition
    I've shared this in the Steam forums ^_^

Your banner is making me weepy. I was well on my way to earning my Tyrant ears as well before this news.

signed.
    signature image

Signed

Signed

Signed it!

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Even if we can´t influence their decision with this, at least we can show how many people cared about the game. Signed.
    Ditto...
    On best case scenario squeenix change their mind, on worst case we show them our liebe.

I am working on a Thunderclap. We need to targe FB, old/newer youtube channels, Twitter, all that kind of shabang. Here is the website (when it is up I will repost)
    https://www.thunderclap.it/?locale=en
    signature image

I doubt it'll do any good whatsoever, but I signed it, anyway. B/

Exclamation

Guys, wait!

A lot of us at discord are currently contemplating/working on a well-worded and structured petition. The OP linked one is extremely rushed and has barely any text to it and is very vague.

Please let us finish and support it, so we do not split the player base with 2 petitions esp. with thunderclap stuff! That could be very detrimental...

Originally Posted by Farnbeak
    Guys, wait!

A lot of us at discord are currently contemplating/working on a well-worded and structured petition. The OP linked one is extremely rushed and has barely any text to it and is very vague.

Please let us finish and support it, so we do not split the player base with 2 petitions esp. with thunderclap stuff! That could be very detrimental...
    That's great to hear. But don't worry, if your petition can have more impact than the current one, we'll sign it. And if you advertise it well, everyone who signed the current one will sign this one. And it will be possible to close the old one in order to concentrate the effort on your petition.

And by the way, I can't join the discord right now, but if you want any kind of help/advice, let me know !

Guys, wait!

Why not send an email to the OP suggesting some changes? I don't think he will mind. He's Hector Bousalas and on the Nosgothic Realm FB group.
    signature image

Message me please! I will do all I can to possibly help. I've been trying to get on Discord but it's having some issues, PM me or FB me!

Originally Posted by Porcupella
    Your banner is making me weepy. I was well on my way to earning my Tyrant ears as well before this news.
    I'm sorry gotta love those ears
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 9th Apr 2016 at 13:30.

Ok I don't know exactly how it works, but is anyone a big Twitter or Tumblr user here? I am trying to use Thunderclap (social media tool) to highlight the petition. If the Discord people are gonna do their own then let me know, but maybe just try and get a better written version of the original down.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...vers?locale=en

Also - please mention in game. Lots of people don't come here and have said to me "What? Yes I will sign that."
    Last edited by Sluagh; 9th Apr 2016 at 17:33.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sluagh
    Ok I don't know exactly how it works, but is anyone a big Twitter or Tumblr user here? I am trying to use Thunderclap (social media tool) to highlight the petition. If the Discord people are gonna do their own then let me know, but maybe just try and get a better written version of the original down.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...vers?locale=en

Also - please mention in game. Lots of people don't come here and have said to me "What? Yes I will sign that."
    I'm all for the petitions and for showing that people still care about the game, but I don't think asking for simply keep the servers up is a great idea. My first concern is the development of the game. Ideally, I want the devs and SE to keep developing Nosgoth. Saying that we only want the servers to stay online is already a form of capitulation...

Originally Posted by Roy644;
    I'm all for the petitions and for showing that people still care about the game, but I don't think asking for simply keep the servers up is a great idea. My first concern is the development of the game. Ideally, I want the devs and SE to keep developing Nosgoth. Saying that we only want the servers to stay online is already a form of capitulation...
    In essence I agree Roy. I think it should really be a carefully worded letter. Leaving the servers open should be like a last resort, but should really push for SE (although ) or someone else to develop the game. I think the guy posted as a bit of a knee jerk response, which is understandable, but might be less effective.
    signature image

Yeah, I reached out to him to change a bit the description, and to add a bit more of the community feedback regarding the game. Because if we want to have a chance to change something, we also need to show alternatives to the way everything was handled so far. I know it's not our job, but SE won't do it themselves since the game is dead for them

The petition was updated with my message, thanks to Hector

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    The petition was updated with my message, thanks to Hector
    Hum. No offense mate but your message is full of grammatical mistakes and not very well written in general, and even though I agree with everything you're saying, that kind of message won't help the cause AT ALL if it's not well written and well thought out. You can't simply put a personal message like that, this won't be taken seriously at all... And as someone who signed the petition, I want it to represent what I think and to be written in a correct English. Both are really important, this will be seen by the people over at Square Enix, and in this state, the petition has zero chance to give us what we want

Originally Posted by Roy644
    Hum. No offense mate but your message is full of grammatical mistakes and not very well written in general, and even though I agree with everything you're saying, that kind of message won't help the cause AT ALL if it's not well written and well thought out. You can't simply put a personal message like that, this won't be taken seriously at all... And as someone who signed the petition, I want it to represent what I think and to be written in a correct English. Both are really important, this will be seen by the people over at Square Enix, and in this state, the petition has zero chance to give us what we want
    Sorry, but I'm italian, for this there is a lot of errors :S

Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    Sorry, but I'm italian, for this there is a lot of errors :S
    Don't worry, it's not awful. I'm not a native English speaker either, I can make a lot of mistakes myself. But if I wanted to make a petition, or if I wanted to write something that will go in the description of the said petition, I would be veeeeery careful about my message.

It's always possible to improve things, and the intention is here, that's what's important to me. But an "official" petition to keep Nosgoth alive should be well written, at least better than that. It's kind of a shame that only one person is in charge of this petition, it can be carried out in a much better way IMO.

Is there any news about what Farnbeak posted? He said he's in a group and they are making a proper petition.

Originally Posted by KyouyaDarkSide
    Is there any news about what Farnbeak posted? He said he's in a group and they are making a proper petition.
    Nope, no news about it. For now, we have one real petition with around 700 signatures, but with a description really... well, not good enough for the purpose IMO

Originally Posted by Roy644
    Nope, no news about it. For now, we have one real petition with around 700 signatures, but with a description really... well, not good enough for the purpose IMO
    Probably you don't noticed, but it was fixed, now the grammar is good and the contenet is better

Page 1 of 3 123 Last