Page 6 of 15 First First ... 2345678910 ... Last

Thread: A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    Perhaps when he says that it's because of player numbers, they expected a surge in player numbers after the last patch; and when numbers didn't reach what were projected, it was decided that the game ultimately wouldn't have the numbers to be profitable enough to be worth future development?

    I still feel terrible this is happening, my love for LoK has been considerably tarnished.

  2. #127
    It's obviosly that I'm very angry, dissapointet, etc. And I'm ready to sign my name under the most of the comments here, but the thing I wanted to say: after the devs promised so many good stuff I was really thinking about to spend more money in this game, cause I wanted the latest tyrant skin, I wanted a new shield for a vanguard and I was waiting for the new ghouls and Beastmaster's raptors. and the course of euro just went down so I thought I can soon let myself to buy some runestones, and then... God, I never wanted to spend some money in the game, I never donated before, but this game was really worthy. And it's gameplay was really unique, so I don't know will I ever play PVP-session game. I think, no. And I really hope that some miracle will bring Nosgoh back to life, because this game really has a potential and it was on just one step to show it. So please, give this game a chance!
    Last edited by BloodyMaria; 9th Apr 2016 at 13:26.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,719
    Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    This game is really awesome, I'm heartbroken it won't be seen by a broader audience. Is there really no way Psyonix could continue the development independently? Maybe without SE's supervision and with control over the financial decisions this game could thrive again, cause Elder God knows it wasn't lacking in other departments.
    This right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been going over so many different things in my head since yesterday, and I wonder if there is any possibility of something like this, or something via crowd funding, kickstarter, or SE changing their business model or something working. I personally would put in all the money I have for something to come of this game and not let it end.

    If they turned around tomorrow and said, ok, we'll continue but the games no longer going to be free to play, you have to pay like - I don't know £40 for it (just plucking a random figure out the air). I'd run at them saying yep, I'll pay that, and I'd pay a monthly subscription charge, so like WoW for example charges £10 a month, yeah I'd be happy with that. They can even keep stuff in the store for real money to make something extra, just make the things that are Runes only available for both Gold and Runes.

    Anyway, I can't actually put into words how I feel, but if anyone has any ideas on how anything could be done then please do contact me, I'd do anything to help! I'm not bright and I'm not clever and nor am I rich but I'd do anything in my power to stop this game from closing.

    You can find links to me in my signature, and if this is the end, then it won’t be, not for me, this game will never die, it may have never made release but in my heart it has been for over the last 2 years and to me, it will always have a special place!

    Long live Nosgoth

  4. #129
    Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    I don't know £40 for it (just plucking a random figure out the air). I'd run at them saying yep, I'll pay that, and I'd pay a monthly subscription charge, so like WoW for example charges £10 a month, yeah I'd be happy with that.
    Ok for a fixed price to get the game, no problem. I would pay this if they can guarantee us this won't go down the drain again and that they learn from this "failure" (i don't consider it a failure but anyway...), but don't give them those ideas, a monthly subscription is stupid and won't work for a game like that. I would NEVER pay a monthly subscription fee for a video game, I can't allow that.

    And to Square Enix / Psyonix : look at the forums, here and on Steam. You see the number of players commenting on this ? You see the number of players that came here after this announcement ? I'm sure you never thought that many people cared so much about your game. Well, now you know. You can't ignore the huge amount of people that are voicing their sadness/anger, and you need to stop blaming the lack of players. You were the ones doing stuff that made people reluctant to play, and you are now the ones that need to change the course of action if you want Nosgoth to work. It's not too late to change things, look at the number of people who care !

  5. #130
    Originally Posted by ina991
    why would you put 1 e in this game... people get over youreselfs and stop crying....
    this game was dead months ago. I stopped playing 6 months ago cause then it was broken and dead. I came back 2 weeks ago to game thats impossible to launch.... HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! LET IT DIE! It deserves to be forgotten. With so many bugs, ok bugs, but be unable to actually launch the game without black launcher, bad gateway. Mke ill close it for 7 times. OOO holy im in game! Nop! youre currently not logged in in launcher! hmmmm, let me try again. Fk you bad gateway, mke lets relog 4 more times! OOOOOOOhhhh imagine error! pls die Nosgoth. TY <3
    NOPE, I grow up with LoK, I CANNOT FORGET THI GAME, and I will fight with all my body, soul and blood to try to make this game surviving. I can still play it to say the truth, don't see any problem to enter to it.
    Yhea the launcher was a bad idea, but this don't mean the game must die for this.

    If necessary I can even pay all months for play this game, I don't care, I only want Nosgoth will survive.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5
    Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    NOPE, I grow up with LoK, I CANNOT FORGET THI GAME, and I will fight with all my body, soul and blood to try to make this game surviving. I can still play it to say the truth, don't see any problem to enter to it.
    Yhea the launcher was a bad idea, but this don't mean the game must die for this.

    If necessary I can even pay all months for play this game, I don't care, I only want Nosgoth will survive.

    do you not get this game was dead and full of bugs before launcher.... I played this game certainly more then you and ESL tournaments. Dead game waaaaay before launcher
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 9th Apr 2016 at 14:40.

  7. #132
    Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    If necessary I can even pay all months for play this game, I don't care, I only want Nosgoth will survive.
    No, please no, this is just irrational because you want the game to survive so badly, but this is NOT the solution. Make us pay 20$ for it and be done with it, stop giving away 10k$ for stupid leagues and make the monetization system appealing to customers, not those stupid RNG crates, and stop messing around with the launcher. Coupled with solid advertising, it would be more than enough to make the game profitable and to keep a solid player-base.

  8. #133


    GG

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    980
    So then, it all comes full circle again. The writing was on the wall here for some time, ever since Rocket League took off at least. I can't pretend it's an unwelcome decision as far as the creative direction of the LoK license goes, but I am very sorry for everyone here who became passionately invested in the game. There has always been a consensus that it was fundamentally fun to play at its core, only falling victim to bureaucratic intrigue and endless technical issues. No correcting that now, in any case.

    I sincerely hope all dedicated staff land on their feet and all affected players find their fun in other titles with a much happier fate. For me now it is just yet another cancelled project and cautionary tale, to throw into the archives with the rest of Dead Sun and document for historical curiosity, such as it is. We have the measure of this entire, stillborn era now. Let's hope any future attempts to revive LoK are better conceived and can finally shrug off the current trend. Assuming there will be any.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

  10. #135
    Originally Posted by ina991
    do you not get this game was dead and full of bugs before launcher.... I played this game certainly more then you and ESL tournaments. So yeah ask someone with brain. Dead game waaaaay before launcher
    I played for 1700+ hours, this game wasn't dead.

  11. #136
    Originally Posted by Roy644
    No, please no, this is just irrational because you want the game to survive so badly, but this is NOT the solution. Make us pay 20$ for it and be done with it, stop giving away 10k$ for stupid leagues and make the monetization system appealing to customers, not those stupid RNG crates, and stop messing around with the launcher. Coupled with solid advertising, it would be more than enough to make the game profitable and to keep a solid player-base.
    Yhea I agree to, giving cash in league was a really dumb idea -.-

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5
    Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    I played for 1700+ hours, this game wasn't dead.
    Then you dont know how or what sucessfull game looks like mate

  13. #138
    Originally Posted by Mister_Moo
    dude this game has basically nothing to do with lok except the concept of the vampires, most people who play nosgoth have no idea what lok is and couldn't care they play it because its asymmetrical shooter which is unique end of... most people enjoy it for the rare game playstyle that no other games offer. simple as that. it isnt a rpg full of lore. get over it it isnt and never will be youre beloved LoK. its just a death match simple as.
    I agree, i started playing for the uniqueness of this game, it being in the LoK universe is just a cool bonus

  14. #139
    Originally Posted by Mister_Moo
    dude this game has basically nothing to do with lok except the concept of the vampires, most people who play nosgoth have no idea what lok is and couldn't care they play it because its asymmetrical shooter which is unique end of... most people enjoy it for the rare game playstyle that no other games offer. simple as that. it isnt a rpg full of lore. get over it it isnt and never will be youre beloved LoK. its just a death match simple as.

    Now.. @ Devs

    if you really care about nosgoth you would just go to the guy in charge and try to log in and play nosgoth in front of him and say hey idiot this is why no one plays nosgoth any more and this is why its dying we need to be fixing bugs not adding new nobody wants. you want people to play and spend money then you need to come through with a product that works..
    its how business works.
    if any of you devs cared about nosgoth you would tell the guy in charge this so don't act like you're all sad and .
    since before vanguard got added the game was dying. i said this is how nosgoth will end so long ago, as ive seen many good games in bad hands fail the same.

    you clearly dont care lol. bunch of tools
    This game is not a singleplayer I know, don't have a true story, but the references of the past game, the lore ecc... make me love it, and even if it is a spin-off, I love it.

  15. #140
    That is really sad. I belive the game had everything to be in cybersports, I wish devs could sell it to someone else to develop instead...

  16. #141
    Bad timing for open beta release, square-enix with wrong priorities, no QA and not enough good UT3-coder to deal with all this bugs coming up. But well, knew it won't last much longer, but not even release the game was unexpected. To be fair, there's no big demand for asymetric shooter sadly, but a lot of the playerbase just got lost due to a few patches which made performance horrible or just introduced a lot of game-breaking bugs which couldn't be handled by the small team who was still working for nosgoth.

    Well, was a good time nonetheless. A lot of good memories but i guess it's time to move on

  17. #142
    I imagine the conversation went something like this....

    SE: Okay guys, you've had over a year to build a playerbase, we need more evidence of success via increased revenue now.

    Psy: Well the fastest way we can think of growing the playerbase is to run a tournament with a cash prize reward. This should attract more players. We will need some cash for that though. Oh yeah, we could also do with some promotion , going to fund some advertising or what?

    SE: Okay, you can have $100k to do what you need, you're not getting any more from us. If you want to channel that into adverts, thats upto you but our marketing team suggests the tournament idea will cost you less and attract more players in the short term.

    Psy: Meh..... okay then, lets do this.

    SE: Oh... btw, you have till April to prove this game is worthy of us financing it otherwise we will be forced to pull the plug on funding development.

    Cue the $10k dollar Leagues...with no advertising.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

  18. #143
    Originally Posted by Mister_Moo
    dude this game has basically nothing to do with lok except the concept of the vampires, most people who play nosgoth have no idea what lok is and couldn't care they play it because its asymmetrical shooter which is unique end of... most people enjoy it for the rare game playstyle that no other games offer. simple as that. it isnt a rpg full of lore. get over it it isnt and never will be youre beloved LoK. its just a death match simple as.
    I think this was a big problem to get new players. A lot of LoK-fans tried it out but stopped playing it because it wasnt what they expected. And a lot of players who would have loved the game never tried it out, because they thought its like LoK, but they were never interested in LoK, so they never gave it a try.

    What i rly dont understand, why was there never a step before shutting down the servers now?
    Why didnt you stop putting 10k $ in a broken League every month before and hire new devs instead?
    Why did u prefer putting time into this launcher instead of fixing old known bugs?
    Why do you punish the community now instead of the responsible people who made the wrong decisions? (launcher, monthly 10k prizepool)

    The least thing you can do and owe to your community is to make this game playable with private matches.. even if it will only be hosted without dedicated servers..
    Last edited by MuShYRoOM; 9th Apr 2016 at 15:19.

  19. #144
    Nosgoth died the very moment SE took peole from nosgoth teams to put them in Rocket league because it had more success at that time . From that moment, everything went worse on the dev side (more bugs, less caring etc)
    Last edited by Ryugan34; 9th Apr 2016 at 15:10.

  20. #145
    I am still so overwhelmingly sad to see these news... I can't believe they are going to cast this game into the Abyss...

    I used to be one of the "They announced a new Legacy of Kain game after 10 years, only for it to be PvP? Why? I don't like this at all", but decided to give it a chance, after I read some words from Daniel Cabuco, about how we should try it out first... and before I knew it, I ended up loving the game very much - with it's wonderful unique atmosphere, the cool characters, maps, classes and abilities and it's great gameplay... and I met some nice people on there as well... so much potential and just to let it go to waste like that...

    And I just hit my 'over 1k hours' a few weeks ago... wanted to level some classes to get the Elite skin... haha... it's just so sad... now, while playing matches and trying to record some things for memory's sake, I can't quite concentrate that well... you think "Wow, it's still so much fun to play!" and then there's just that feeling of overwhelming sadness the whole match, because you think "it'll end soon and there's nothing to be done about it... I just don't get it"

    Is there really nothing to be done? Well... then I bid my farewell to this game, that could've been so much more...


    But... there's always the coin's edge... a third option... haha xD

    Like Kain said... there is still something left... and that is: "The first bitter taste of that terrible illusion: Hope."

    It might still be denial, but who knows what the future might bring... and... after Raziel was cast into the Abyss, he was resurrected some time later... wasn't he? Until then, I'll dearly miss this game...



    Thanks for all the hard work you've put into it so far, aside from a few things, that needed to be adressed, it was overall a job well done.
    Last edited by NiamaraWeee; 9th Apr 2016 at 15:22.
    signature image

  21. #146
    That's very sad news. Although I haven't played that much for the past 6-9 months, I was hoping to come back to the game, probably around official release.

    But the thing that really hit me in the nerve was this pathetic excuse that the game is shutting down because of the lack of players. Yeah, the game had it's problems and the playerbase decreased. But you know what this game also had? Community with great ideas, which you chose to ignore. We told you the chests were crap and gave you a bunch of suggestions how to improve the system so you could get more money from them and we wouldn't feel like we're wiping our asses with that money and burning it afterwards. But no, you said you're quite happy with how chests work. Also that league prize money. The whole community rebels against prize money, and you don't see a problem with that? What the hell is wrong with you?

    I could give you a bunch more examples, but I hope you get my point. You say the game is shutting down because of the lack of players? It is our fault? This game shutting down is YOUR fault Square Enix!!! You are truly a magnificent example how greedy corporations destroy something promising and with great concept. We gave you a bunch of great suggestions and you just ignored it all!

    What I would like is to hear from the people who pulled the plug. Not from Oghamsmith. I want to hear from YOU people in business suits the real reason why you decided to stop development of the game. Hell, I would even pay for a 1-hour Twitch stream to hear the real reason why they gave up on the game.

    But in the end, I would just like to say I had a really good time playing this game. In these humble 550 hours I've had a great time and met really nice people. I'm gonna miss playing Nosgoth with you guys!
    Last edited by Obisher; 9th Apr 2016 at 17:07. Reason: typo

  22. #147
    I see a lot of resigned people. Don't act like you have nothing to say about this decision guys. It's our game too, I think some of us put a lot of effort and money into the game, we all helped and try to make this game better, and sometimes, our voice wasn't heard even though we were right.

    It seems normal to have higher expectations for Nosgoth!

  23. #148
    I said this earlier in this thread but if someone could extract all the art, sound, music etc and put it in a zip file? That'd be great. If someone could extract the character models as well even better. Archive it in the lost worlds or the wiki. Something to keep this game from fading to dust that isn't just fun memories and YouTube videos. Please. I'd do it myself but I'm not computer savvy unless it's making music. Again, art, sound, music. The lore blogs. Zip files. Something. Anything.

    And someone said why not release the rahab now? The game is canned and it won't be used so we should get to see her. Even in whatever state she's in. It'll be a final gift. Be it concept art or anything. Cmon!!!

  24. #149
    This still feels unreal,i mean ffs a couple of weeks ago we got a mini state of play,a mounth ago u guys were talking about all the big plans u had for the game and now u drop everything out of the sudden? No reason no nothing? Srssly?
    Why? The game was almost complete,there was 1 more vamp class,a couple of skins for BM and Rahabim and some bug fixes here and there and we were g2g.
    The rest of the features could've come later down the line,features like trade system,clan system,forge adjustments,thoese r not urgent,they can be implemented later.
    And ur only reason is basically low player base? Guns of Icarus have 200 players daily and THEY R STILL RUNNING (as far as i know at least).
    This game is one of a kind,it has HUGE potential BECAUSE of that,it offers an experience no other game does,don't just drop it bfore u even launch it,finish it,advertise it a bit AND U GET URSELVES A GOLD MINE!!!
    I never spend money on a game in my life bfore nosgoth,this is the only game i felt like it's worth sending money on...u can't just drop it like this.

  25. #150
    Originally Posted by calypso-694
    And someone said why not release the rahab now? The game is canned and it won't be used so we should get to see her. Even in whatever state she's in. It'll be a final gift. Be it concept art or anything. Cmon!!!
    They should show us something about her and all that, I agree... it's the least, yeah... was excited for the last class to come into the game and complete the circle... :/


    I don't know but... haha... this song seems really fitting for the end, doesn't it?

    I am just punching myself in the gut with this... aren't I?



    Argh... I still don't want to believe it...
    signature image

Page 6 of 15 First First ... 2345678910 ... Last