Page 2 of 15 First First 12345612 ... Last

Thread: A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

RIP NOSGOTH

Haha nice joke guys, A week too late on the April fools. Almost got me.

All jokes aside I cannot say I'm surprised, I knew this day would come long time a go even said it in the useless developer streams yet orghamsmith disagreed with me and tried to convince me the future of nosgoth would be awesome haha clowns.

There has been so many complains regarding nerfs/bug fixes/exploits ruining the game yet you developers never acknowledged the community when we point theses things out, We are clearly trying to help polish this game you guys are struggling to do. 2 full years and nosgoth is still no way near ready for release? How many more ingame chests was you planning to put in the store before thinking it's a good time to fully release game now? Not to mention the cheap ass class skins with the same model reworked color every time. What happened to being creative but enough of that theses are all cosmetics that nobody needs.

We were promised great things but you developers have failed us as well as yourselfs, All this time spent for nothing is pretty sad. Obviously your priorities are way off if you think tweaking the sky of the maps ingame that nobody even looks at needs to be darker in your eyes then boy just shut this game down today don't let it suffer till 31st of may.

Just sell the Legacy of Kain franchise to another company maybe they do a better job of the dump you created on this one

Unhappy

give the game to smb who can revamp the game ....

I'll definitely play it.

I mean all the games I played in my life (I´m probably older than the average Nosgoth player), I played everyone maybe 5-20h and some for 150h.

I played Nosgoth for 1.841 it's not like ppl don´t want to play the game ... u just making it ridiculous hard for them to stay playing the game. Because ppl will get mad over bugs that dont get fixed, needed balance changes not coming.

Don´t know if u just picked the wrong engine to develop the game ... but whatever it was it´s sad u can´t fix it.

signature imagesignature imagesignature image
    GTX 970 - i7-3770 - 16 GB RAM - 1920x1080, 120 Hz - Windows 7 Prof.

3. Originally Posted by EmpathyuK
    Obviously your priorities are way off if you think tweaking the sky of the maps ingame that nobody even looks at needs to be darker in your eyes then boy just shut this game down today don't let it suffer till 31st of may.
    It was in preparation for the Rahabim class... which will never be released.

btw why are you returning purchases only made from 1st March 2016....

Such wasted potential.

Originally Posted by EmpathyuK
    Just sell the Legacy of Kain franchise to another company maybe they do a better job of the dump you created on this one
    This. But why, if they can possibly milk the cow and don't have to feed it...

Originally Posted by Wolf_the_Legend

I'll definitely play it.

I mean all the games I played in my life (I´m probably older than the average Nosgoth player), I played everyone maybe 5-20h and some for 150h.

I played Nosgoth for 1.841 it's not like ppl don´t want to play the game ... u just making it ridiculous hard for them to stay playing the game. Because ppl will get mad over bugs that dont get fixed, needed balance changes not coming.

Don´t know if u just picked the wrong engine to develop the game ... but whatever it was it´s sad u can´t fix it.

My heart is bleeding!
    And I'm signing after each word.

Well this is a sad thing that happened to be honest, specially after all that work and commitment from LoK and Nosgoth fans. I'm not gonna sugar coat it you guys never listened to the forum totally ignored the feedback so you are the only ones to blame for the lack of a player base.

Psyonix we are giving you a hard time now because we wanted this to be a good game, putting our hopes in you but failed everyone I just hope that this will be an important lesson to you guys.

Originally Posted by Soiuxsie
    Well this is a sad thing that happened to be honest, specially after all that work and commitment from LoK and Nosgoth fans. I'm not gonna sugar coat it you guys never listened to the forum totally ignored the feedback so you are the only ones to blame for the lack of a player base.

Psyonix we are giving you a hard time now because we wanted this to be a good game, putting our hopes in you but failed everyone I just hope that this will be an important lesson to you guys.

Nice post, and nice reference.

(click image to enlarge)

You guys should just go into politic . You got all the assets to have your way in there : lies, lies, pretending to listen to voters while not giving a damn, lies again and when everything crumbles, just say you made everything you could, and dont understand why its not working .

This thread is just going to be a mine of salt, and i needed to put my big crystal in .

What better way to fix all those bugs than to just totally erase them all by erasing the game Kappa

Srsly guys, I've been mad with the game often because it was buggy as hell. But now I'm mad at you, Sqeenix!!
    Psyonix guys, please look out for a smaller indie publisher who can help out, Nosgoth hast too much potential to be cancelled!
    signature image

Originally Posted by Varulven
    Srsly guys, I've been mad with the game often because it was buggy as hell. But now I'm mad at you, Sqeenix!!
    Psyonix guys, please look out for a smaller indie publisher who can help out, Nosgoth hast too much potential to be cancelled!
    How about copyrights and licenses? CD and Eidos with Square Enix.

(click image to enlarge)

I would love that. But you forget that Square Enix owns the LoK franchise. That means anyone who wants to publish Nosgoth without Square Enix being a part of the process would need to buy the entire franchise...

Originally Posted by Roy644
    I would love that. But you forget that Square Enix owns the LoK franchise. That means anyone who wants to publish Nosgoth without Square Enix being a part of the process would need to buy the entire franchise...
    Why own the right if nothing more is coming? I don't see any logic in that. They should sell the right and move on. But to cancel a game that we already learned to love ist cruel!
    signature image

The good old days when this was funny

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by BZiGER

Why own the right if nothing more is coming? I don't see any logic in that. They should sell the right and move on. But to cancel a game that we already learned to love ist cruel!
    What if Square wants to do a singleplayer LoK? And why sell a title that has a HUGE fanbase still now?

(click image to enlarge)

Alright, I understand there is nothing more the community can do... but honestly before Nosgoth shuts down, I want all the money u guys owe me... I've made multiple tickets everywhere emailed everyone u guys told me too... still haven't received a dime for months. Someone from psyonix or SE please reply to this post, it's the least u can do....

Trust me, this will never ever happen...
    signature image

Yeah I know, but even if they don't do anything else with the franchise, they're still a big greedy company that wants to make money. I think that they'll want to make a lot of profit selling the franchise... And not a lot of companies out of there can afford such a thing.

But yeah, I totally agree with you, the right thing to do for Square Enix is to admit their failure and not punish the players who love the game for their lack of insight during the development. They simply should look for someone who is ready to continue to support this game and make it what it should be, an awesome asymmetrical PvP game, like no other out there. But that won't happen.

Even FFXIII versus was a lost cause. Or Detroit Being Human.

(click image to enlarge)

Well, this is it then. Sad times. I'm really depressed right now.

I was here since the closed alpha and was so happy i got a invite for the game. These 2 and a half years now was a wonderfull experience for me. It became a habbit for me in the evening, turning my pc on after i came home from work and then waiting for my friends to come online for some awesome games.

I'm Captain3009, not the best gamer ever, maybe some of you saw me now and then in game, some called me a retart, a noob and other toxic names, but you know what, i forgive you all because this is...was a fantastic awesome community.

And all the people i became friends with since this game is also special. Thank you all for that.

I wanna thank esspecially Lucinvampire and Vampmaster for accepting me as who i am (and with my bad english) and for being the best teammates on this planet. It is/was lots of fun with you guys. I really don't know what to do next, I gonna miss our evening game time together as hell. ( i'm crying my eyes out right now and yes i'm a softy)

Also thank you too the other friends on my Nosgoth friendlist for accepting me on steam.

@Psyonix: you guys are special, its because of you guys that I met all these awesome people and new friends. A big thank you for that and keep up the awesome and nice work you guys do.

@SE: what can i say, you love money more than us, so you. I hate you.

@the moderators: thank you all for a fantastic job here at the forum.

Well thats it, this is my 160th entry here and probably my last. I'm going back now to my boring and lonesome life of two and a half years ago.

May you all live long and prosper.

This is Captain3009 signing off....

The End.
    Last edited by Captain3009; 8th Apr 2016 at 16:19.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

Hello there everyone,

Today is indeed a sad day. This is difficult and upsetting scenario for all involved. With that said, while there's quite a bit of anger and frustration (which is entirely understandable), it's great to see so many of you remembering the fun times that you've had while playing Nosgoth; as well as the many friendships that have been formed as a result.

I do want to address a handful of questions that have come up since the announcement.

Will we rebuild Nosgoth to be able to run in a standalone environment with player-hosted servers?
    This is not feasible I'm afraid. Nosgoth was designed and built to run with a live operations team present to support the game. The live service is intertwined fairly heavily throughout. The act of bringing a server online, allowing a player to login and connect, and ensuring that their profile and unlocks can be pulled in order to give them their items is at the core of Nosgoth, and requires the online service to run.

Will it be possible to play Nosgoth after the 31st of May?
    No, the live service will be shut off after that point. It will not be possible to play Nosgoth after the 31st of May.

Will we be revealing anything more about the planned Rahabim based class?
    That is unlikely. A great deal of work was still required to make that class a fleshed out reality.

To those of you who've had kind words for everyone involved with Nosgoth, community & devs alike. Thank you. To those of you who are angry, sad and/or frustrated, I cannot fault you. That kind of reaction is completely understandable, and I'm sorry that you've had to experience that.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Hello there everyone,

Today is indeed a sad day. This is difficult and upsetting scenario for all involved. With that said, while there's quite a bit of anger and frustration (which is entirely understandable), it's great to see so many of you remembering the fun times that you've had while playing Nosgoth; as well as the many friendships that have been formed as a result.

I do want to address a handful of questions that have come up since the announcement.

Will we rebuild Nosgoth to be able to run in a standalone environment with player-hosted servers?
    This is not feasible I'm afraid. Nosgoth was designed and built to run with a live operations team present to support the game. The live service is intertwined fairly heavily throughout. The act of bringing a server online, allowing a player to login and connect, and ensuring that their profile and unlocks can be pulled in order to give them their items is at the core of Nosgoth, and requires the online service to run.

Will it be possible to play Nosgoth after the 31st of May?
    No, the live service will be shut off after that point. It will not be possible to play Nosgoth after the 31st of May.

Will we be revealing anything more about the planned Rahabim based class?
    That is unlikely. A great deal of work was still required to make that class a fleshed out reality.

To those of you who've had kind words for everyone involved with Nosgoth, community & devs alike. Thank you. To those of you who are angry, sad and/or frustrated, I cannot fault you. That kind of reaction is completely understandable, and I'm sorry that you've had to experience that.
    Not even the Rahabim concept art? Did it at least get that far? What about my question about whether SE would ever allow Nosgoth's art assets in an SE Collective game?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Page 2 of 15 First First 12345612 ... Last