Thread: A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Valve confirmed that Nosgoth's achievements would stick around on player profiles regardless of whether or not they've spent money, yes.

We won't be making achievements easier to earn, no.
    So atleast have some decency to fix achievements in ur game if you not planning to make them easier.

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    Just thought I'd share this here, Ukulemon L's #SaveNosgoth song to Square Enix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fR_YP76Wac&sns=em

Dedication worth sharing!
    Nice.

Now I want the miracleofsound guys to make a Nosgoth song. They do great work.
    After the forum goes down, I can be found on Steam, Twitter, and Facebook.

Please Don't Do This We All Love This Game Why Would You Do This We All Love This

I Love This Game Its "not popular" Enough I Still Play Its Been A Year One Year Is Enough But If We Can't Change Your Mind Square Enix At Least Leave The Servers On So We Can All Just Play And Have Fun I Know Economy Is Where Its At But Don't You Love To See People Smile Imagine Your Mother And She Sees Something You Made And Grins With Her Hearts Content You Would Feel Good Wouldn't We All I Still Love This Game And It Hasn't Gotten Repetitive Its Gotten More Fun Over The Year... I Wish We Could Change Your Mind But I Don't Think So :C

Originally Posted by CookieJesus
    I Love This Game Its "not popular" Enough I Still Play Its Been A Year One Year Is Enough But If We Can't Change Your Mind Square Enix At Least Leave The Servers On So We Can All Just Play And Have Fun I Know Economy Is Where Its At But Don't You Love To See People Smile Imagine Your Mother And She Sees Something You Made And Grins With Her Hearts Content You Would Feel Good Wouldn't We All I Still Love This Game And It Hasn't Gotten Repetitive Its Gotten More Fun Over The Year... I Wish We Could Change Your Mind But I Don't Think So :C
    Square Enix is a company, not a person with a mother.

And you don't have to capitalize everything.

This video pretty much sums up what I thought, when I first read the news...

signature image

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Nice.

Now I want the miracleofsound guys to make a Nosgoth song. They do great work.
    Could we actually nag them to do this in the comments section?
    signature image

7. Miraculously MiracleOfSound is just one Irish guy called Gavin Dunne. But yes, a song by him about Nosgoth would've been neat.

Btw.: I digged through some interviews and it seems like the Early Access actually should've ended between Beastmaster and Rahabim.

Originally Posted by enkaku-silence-
    Btw.: I digged through some interviews and it seems like the Early Access actually should've ended between Beastmaster and Rahabim.
    That...that just makes it even more a kick in the teeth, it was so close we could almost taste it! :'(

After over 700 hours with this game, sure would be nice if I could find a match before the game dies forever. So very sad that the devs seem to care so little for the experiences they've made possible. Farewell Nosgoth, you deserved better.

Originally Posted by SiD_Green
    After over 700 hours with this game, sure would be nice if I could find a match before the game dies forever. So very sad that the devs seem to care so little for the experiences they've made possible. Farewell Nosgoth, you deserved better.
    It's not the devs fault...most ppl left Nosgoth since it was cancelled.
    All players are now in the EU servers...so if you wanna play, go to EU...all others are always empty.

Also, if you want, there is a Nosgoth group:
    Originally Posted by Necro71
    To help each other in gaining achievements that we lack, join this Steam group and we will try to work it out.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nosgothag

Group will be closed after 31st of may.
    It's purpose is to get achievements...but you can use it to organize matches.

Absolutely shocked to see this announcement.

I admit I have not recently played as much as I did but that was only because of other game launches and that this was a game I could always return to at some point and pick up again. So annoyed to see this game stop when it was so damn close to completion.

Is there no way this could perhaps become a local host game or perhaps allow us to host our own servers?

I very much enjoyed my time playing this game and once again being able to take part in the Kain universe a universe I so dearly miss. Just how long will it be before we see another game raise from the ashes of the pyre?

I would throw money at you to bring a new single player Kain/Raziel game as I can not play the old ones! Nosgoth allowed me to do this and it added a Multiplayer twist which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I like both Psyonix and Square Enix for the games they bring to the table and had the utmost respect for them but now I have to put a black mark on you both for killing off one of the best games in your stables. I promoted this game to my friends and within other gaming groups, just can't believe you have pulled the plug.

Just a side note on this. I seriously hope that when this news was broke in the office and board rooms someone called someone else an ass for pulling this game and hopefully punches were pulled.
    Last edited by Cristari; 1st May 2016 at 18:36.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    It's not the devs fault...most ppl left Nosgoth since it was cancelled.
    All players are now in the EU servers...so if you wanna play, go to EU...all others are always empty.
    It is the devs fault that matchmaking is broken though. It glitches out sometimes, flickering between match found and searching. And I have been going to EU. I wish it still worked how it used to, so I could get into a lobby instead of waiting in matchmaking hell forever, with no idea if it may be working.

Thanks for the info about the group.

Are You Fighting For Nosgoths Savior Or Its Downfall And I Mean The Members Of The Square Enix Team And Yes I Do Have To Capitalize Every Letter

http://img.pr0gramm.com/2016/04/21/5...67f9a93b9.webm

SoMeHoW I HaD To ThInK AbOuT ThE NoSgOtH DeVeLoPeRs WhEn I SaW ThIs

MaYbE ThE SpAgHeTtI CoDe BeCaMe UnMaNaGeAbLe So ThAt ThEy HaD To CeAsE ThE DeVeLoPeMeNt..
    ThIs WoUlD ExPlAiN WhY ThEy ArE NoT HoNeSt, BeCaUsE ThEy WoUlD NeVeR AdMiT ThIs To RuIn ThEiR RePuTaTiOn As BaD InCoMpEtEnT DeVeLoPeRs..
    (WhEn I ThInK AbOuT SoMe YeAr OlD BuGs WhIcH StIlL DiDnT GeT FiXeD, FoR ExAmPlE ThE DeCeIvEr-IlUsIoN-MoDeLs WhIcH StAyS In ThE SeCoNd RoUnD... ThE SpAgHeTtI CoDe ThEoRiE WoUlD ExPlAiN ThIs...)

AnD YeS I Do HaVe To CaPiTaLiZe EvErY SeCoNd LeTtEr BeCaUsE I aM a FuNnY GuY WhO LoVeS CoOkIeS

Originally Posted by MuShYRoOM
    http://img.pr0gramm.com/2016/04/21/5...67f9a93b9.webm

SoMeHoW I HaD To ThInK AbOuT ThE NoSgOtH DeVeLoPeRs WhEn I SaW ThIs

MaYbE ThE SpAgHeTtI CoDe BeCaMe UnMaNaGeAbLe So ThAt ThEy HaD To CeAsE ThE DeVeLoPeMeNt..
    ThIs WoUlD ExPlAiN WhY ThEy ArE NoT HoNeSt, BeCaUsE ThEy WoUlD NeVeR AdMiT ThIs To RuIn ThEiR RePuTaTiOn As BaD InCoMpEtEnT DeVeLoPeRs..
    (WhEn I ThInK AbOuT SoMe YeAr OlD BuGs WhIcH StIlL DiDnT GeT FiXeD, FoR ExAmPlE ThE DeCeIvEr-IlUsIoN-MoDeLs WhIcH StAyS In ThE SeCoNd RoUnD... ThE SpAgHeTtI CoDe ThEoRiE WoUlD ExPlAiN ThIs...)

AnD YeS I Do HaVe To CaPiTaLiZe EvErY SeCoNd LeTtEr BeCaUsE I aM a FuNnY GuY WhO LoVeS CoOkIeS
    So, do you actually have the source code or are you just criticizing something you haven't even seen? There's plenty of blame to go around besides just the programmers. I think it's more likely that most of the staff had been transferred to Rocket League with just a couple of people left on Nosgoth, or that the matchmaking system they spent over a year on was designed with Rocket League in mind than Nosgoth, but it's all just speculation.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    So, do you actually have the source code or are you just criticizing something you haven't even seen? There's plenty of blame to go around besides just the programmers. I think it's more likely that most of the staff had been transferred to Rocket League with just a couple of people left on Nosgoth, or that the matchmaking system they spent over a year on was designed with Rocket League in mind than Nosgoth, but it's all just speculation.
    I talked about a spaghetti code "theory", it was just a thought that this could be the reason for the cessation.
    And of course I start to speculate about a possibly reason when they give us a contradictory one..

After every patch I had the feeling that with every fixed bug they created 2-3 new ones.
    And there are still several bugs which are more than 1 year old and still didnt get fixed.
    And how long they needed for fixing little things like the correct visualisation of the league points at the end of the match. (Did they even fix this? Dont remember now).
    And when i think about the "well tested" patches they rolled out, where nobody could close the game without the taskmanager for example... (I srsly dont remember one patch where i had the feeling they tested it before rolling it out)

This all just smells like a big spaghetti code for me which became bigger and bigger with every patch until they reached a point where the code became unmanageable where Square Enix prefered to cease the developement right now instead of releasing a game with potentially unfixable bugs because of a messed up code which could damage their reputation as a publisher of a game which will never be free of bugs.
    Maybe Psyonix assigned the more skilled developers to rocket league and only few devs + trainees to Nosgoth who collected their first game developement experience with ^^

For me the spaghetti code theory just sounds more probably than the other reasons I heard by now. (especially the official one)
    Last edited by MuShYRoOM; 3rd May 2016 at 23:44.

Originally Posted by MuShYRoOM
    which could damage their reputation as a publisher of a game which will never be free of bugs.
    How would releasing a bug-filled game damage a reputation for doing exactly that?

Originally Posted by Sluagh
    Could we actually nag them to do this in the comments section?

Absolutely!
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 9th May 2016 at 11:40. Reason: double post please use edit post function :)

I think engine choice caused most of problems. Unreal engine not designed for competitive online games. It can't save and play demo. After playing warsow it looks horrible. Game on modified Quake 2 engine working 100% well. No server issues, no client issues, no hitreg issues and other crap. Doom out today, and it feels same - very nice engine and multiplayer stability. I hope somebody will create assymetric game on new id's engine.
    Sorry for my terrible English

Im not sure if this means anything to Squeenix or Psyonix...but we have almost 3K signatures in the "Keep Nosgoth alive" petition:
    https://www.change.org/p/squareenix-...-no_src-no_msg

While it is heartwarming, in one sense, to see people doing everything in their power to keep the game alive; I'm sorry to say that the petition isn't going to change Nosgoth's fate. We had many more people than that playing Nosgoth on any given day prior to the announcement.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

While it is heartwarming, in one sense, to see people doing everything in their power to keep the game alive; I'm sorry to say that the petition isn't going to change Nosgoth's fate. We had many more people than that playing Nosgoth on any given day prior to the announcement.
    https://youtu.be/DSN9Hc0Y_2U?t=6s

While it is heartwarming, in one sense, to see people doing everything in their power to keep the game alive; I'm sorry to say that the petition isn't going to change Nosgoth's fate.
    Well... in the end, I guess, only Kain can save Nosgoth from its fate, by restoring the pillars...

Just kidding around... counting down the days... still, the feeling of inevitabilty is terrible... :/

I'll keep this game in my heart... and such a good one it was... a shame, really...
    I had many fun times with a lot of great people...

The memories remain.
    Last edited by NiamaraWeee; 20th May 2016 at 23:56.
    signature image

We had many more people than that playing Nosgoth on any given day prior to the announcement.
    3K daily audience on a game that isn't even properly out yet.
    But it's being canceled for lack of audience.
    It's as if its existence wasn't actually advertised in any significant way over the course of two years.
    But that would be silly.

We had many more people than that playing Nosgoth on any given day prior to the announcement.
    Many more? Soooooooooo why you cancelling it then?
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    3K daily audience on a game that isn't even properly out yet.
    But it's being canceled for lack of audience.
    It's as if its existence wasn't actually advertised in any significant way over the course of two years.
    But that would be silly.
    Originally Posted by Grisamentum
    Many more? Soooooooooo why you cancelling it then?
    The "lack of audience" is obviously a lie and most of us know that since the announcement. Too bad we will never know the real reason.

Page 14 of 15 First First ... 4101112131415 Last