Thread: A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

Well I'm really depressed.
    I absolutely loved this game and I thought it was about time to give SE a chance. (I never played ANY of their games since they basically remind me of the free gamer farm by making the same game, throw an additional number at the end, and keep raking in the cash)
    I've literally been saving my cash too waiting for release. I don't like to make commitments to beta games out of personal preference.
    Oh well, I guess I will just take my money elsewhere with my middle finger held high!

~goodbye Tyrant hugs~
    Wulfang

P.S. Great game to the devs. Real respect to those of you that design; sucks that accounting makes all the decisions. Hopefully this will get reborn or open-sourced. Then community suggestions would get more/faster implementation... at the cost of more bugs.

last inretview: We are not focusing on the low player base, this is not a problem at the moment; we will focus on it once we will release the game.

3 weeks later: we are closeing the game cause of the low player base.

MAKE SENSE SQUARE ENIX, MAKE SENSE.

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    last inretview: We are not focusing on the low player base, this is not a problem at the moment; we will focus on it once we will release the game.

3 weeks later: we are closeing the game cause of the low player base.

MAKE SENSE SQUARE ENIX, MAKE SENSE.
    Do you think only this not make sense, let see ALL things.

1-2 weeks before the cancellation annuncement they talk about the Rahabim and the release is really near
    2-They say they don't care of the players numbers until the release, then they say the cancellation will be done because not enought player.
    3-Is really strange they want cancell it right now, when it was nearly release.
    4-Cancell the game will be bad for the SE, because they already used 5000 USD for league, and now they must refound all the players, this mean not only they don't gain nothing, but they LOST money.
    5-They say the Rahabim is nearly ready, and described their skins, talking about have gills, the typically mouth of Rahabim and light wears, but in the forum they said their design is not ready
    6-2 days before the cancellation announcment they give the Conqueror skins to the Blood and Eternal players of the last league saying they controlled the players. But if they already decided the cancellation, why controlling the players? Why just don't give that skin to everyone?
    THIS MAKE TOTALLY NO SENSE

My guess it this point is that it was time to renew the contract with Psyonix, SE offered them peanuts, Psyonix said "Forget it, we're making more money from Rocket League now.", and that was the end of that.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    My guess it this point is that it was time to renew the contract with Psyonix, SE offered them peanuts, Psyonix said "Forget it, we're making more money from Rocket League now.", and that was the end of that.
    It doesn't matter what are the reasons for me honestly. All I see is that we got a crappy reason, that just got out without real prior warning and with Oghamsmith saying he can't go in details... That means that the real reason is not glorious for them (SE and/or Psyonix).

That's all I need to know, the given reason is crappy, the game still has the potential to grow and become better and better, so I'll keep fighting to keep it alive. The crappy business reasons behind the cancellation are not my problem, and I don't want the game and the community to pay the price of whatever stuff is going on behind the scenes.

They can't ignore 1600 customers, even if it's Square Enix.

Originally Posted by Roy644
    It doesn't matter what are the reasons for me honestly. All I see is that we got a crappy reason, that just got out without real prior warning and with Oghamsmith saying he can't go in details... That means that the real reason is not glorious for them (SE and/or Psyonix).

That's all I need to know, the given reason is crappy, the game still has the potential to grow and become better and better, so I'll keep fighting to keep it alive. The crappy business reasons behind the cancellation are not my problem, and I don't want the game and the community to pay the price of whatever stuff is going on behind the scenes.

They can't ignore 1600 customers, even if it's Square Enix.
    Is does cause problems if the contract between the developers and the producer has been terminated. It means there's nobody left to work on the game.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Is does cause problems if the contract between the developers and the producer has been terminated. It means there's nobody left to work on the game.
    But the other way around is also possible. Psyonix is making tons of money with Rocket League and they simply decided that Nosgoth wasn't worth the investment, so they quit. Either way, I think if Square Enix wanted to, they could find another dev team with UE3 and PvP experience. That's not the rarest thing in the world...

I'm aware that changing devs must be a pain in the ass, but I'm not on their side of the wall, I'm on the costumer side. And instead of being lied to and see the game dying, I want it to be finished, with functioning servers. If they really wanted to, they could've done it. I put money (not a lot but still) and time in a game I love, I'm not ok with it being canceled out of the blue during beta phase after the devs said they were close to release. I hate being taken for a fool.

But the other way around is also possible. Psyonix is making tons of money with Rocket League and they simply decided that Nosgoth wasn't worth the investment, so they quit. Either way, I think if Square Enix wanted to, they could find another dev team with UE3 and PvP experience. That's not the rarest thing in the world...

I'm aware that changing devs must be a pain in the ass, but I'm not on their side of the wall, I'm on the costumer side. And instead of being lied to and see the game dying, I want it to be finished, with functioning servers. If they really wanted to, they could've done it. I put money (not a lot but still) and time in a game I love, I'm not ok with it being canceled out of the blue during beta phase after the devs said they were close to release. I hate being taken for a fool.
    I'm not saying there's no point. I'm just saying maybe we could see if that's what SE needs and ask around if any such studios are interested.

I'm not saying there's no point. I'm just saying maybe we could see if that's what SE needs and ask around if any such studios are interested.
    Yup. But I'm afraid that even if Psyonix decided to quit, SE may not want to go through any trouble to find someone else to develop the game. It didn't work with Psyonix ? Meh too bad, bye bye Nosgoth, you weren't that profitable anyway. And that's what needs to be discussed, there MUST be some alternative, I can't believe one second that the end of the game is the only option. We're not talking about a little indie dev/publisher that failed with their first game and can't continue, we're talking about Square Enix, a major publisher that could do whatever they want with Nosgoth with better management.

If the situation is as we suspect and the project is in the red, though, it would only make sense to cancel it here before release instead of gambling on some sweatshop firm to (hopefully) push it out the door. Looks to me as though it'd cost more cash than it's worth to take another stab at the broken matchmaking, not even accounting for the time, cost, and error involved in familiarising a whole new studio with the project's vision, codebase, art direction etc to the point where it can be sustained (if that's even legally feasible). Since they won't pump money in for no good reason, and probably can't guarantee that the issues can ever be alleviated on a reasonable budget, it's better off not to double down on sending it out and leading an even wider audience down the garden path.
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    If the situation is as we suspect and the project is in the red, though, it would only make sense to cancel it here before release instead of gambling on some sweatshop firm to (hopefully) push it out the door. Looks to me as though it'd cost more cash than it's worth to take another stab at the broken matchmaking, not even accounting for the time, cost, and error involved in familiarising a whole new studio with the project's vision, codebase, art direction etc to the point where it can be sustained (if that's even legally feasible). Since they won't pump money in for no good reason, and probably can't guarantee that the issues can ever be alleviated on a reasonable budget, it's better off not to double down on sending it out and leading an even wider audience down the garden path.
    Understandable from a financial point of view. But still, that doesn't change the fact that other options must be available. The one they chose is the simpler one, regardless of the quality of the game or the number of people willing to play and support the game. That's why it seems rushed and kind of a stab in the back.

And btw, if Psyonix really did abandoned Nosgoth by pure selfishness and lack of interest, this is really unprofessional and disrespectful... I know it's possible but I find it hard to believe

I didn't even get the chance to PLAY this. (just talk about it.)
    what ever, the next time something like this happens, and some random CM/PR Representative Lies to me! (because I saw straight through him from the beginning.) I'm going to tell him exactly what he needs to hear for the rest of the games development. #NotEveryGameNeedsAMultiplayer.................
    (I knew why he quit, he too didn't see potential.)

Nosgoth is like the multiplayer counterpart to ShadowRun.(2007) #Forgotten.

and the sad part is,
    I'm still not getting that 4 game remaster.

Last edited by RainaAudron; 16th Apr 2016 at 10:33.

Originally Posted by netmota

WIP
    You learned how to layer things in Photoshop?
    Great.
    Orange liches from Blood Omen in Nosgoth asap pls

Originally Posted by lucinvampire
    WOW!!!!!!!!
    This screenshot is from a 3D animation that I made in 3DS Max for my youtube channel. No photoshop^_^

Here is another animation. I hope this message reaches Square Enix and Psyonix:

Originally Posted by rdlady
    This screenshot is from a 3D animation that I made in 3DS Max for my youtube channel. ^_^

Here is another animation. I hope this message reaches Square Enix and Psyonix:

Are you able to say how you got the model?

I extracted the textures and basic models from the game using ninjaripper, remodeling and animation was done in 3DS MAX. I know it looks very amateur, but it took me a while to learn all this. My final goal is to build a fan game to honor the LoK series. I'm working with a small group of friends right now and I'm willing to share this material with any LoK fans that want to produce fan animations or fan games. Let's keep this epic saga alive!

Here is a link to the textures that I dumped with ninjareaper, and the razielim 3D model with the skeleton system and animation that I made:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...int=file%2czip

You can open the *.max (3D model and animation) using 3DS MAX and the *.dds (textures) using DXTBmp.

For the other vampire and human classes I still have to filter the textures, refine the models and make/attach the bones to the 3D models for the animations.

I bought a few things will the refund be to my bank account or to steam because I really don't want 50£ on my steam wallet wasting away, there's a reason I never put money on that wallet system fs.

Here is a link to the textures that I dumped with ninjareaper, and the razielim 3D model with the skeleton system and animation that I made:

You can open the *.max (3D model and animation) using 3DS MAX and the *.dds (textures) using DXTBmp.

For the other vampire and human classes I still have to filter the textures, refine the models and make/attach the bones to the 3D models for the animations.
    Will you also post them here? Would be really cool <3
    signature image

Originally Posted by Varulven
    Will you also post them here? Would be really cool <3
    Sure! And just in case if this forum goes offline any time soon, I will be posting all the models, textures, and animations in my facebook page as well:
    https://www.facebook.com/rdgameplays/

Has anyone actually been able to play the last few days? Wednesday night I was in the middle of a match in the Fane when I suddenly got booted back to the menus with the error message "Unable to connect to server." Ever since then I haven't been able to get into a single match. I always get either the party server error, "failed to enter matchmaking queue," or "this playlist is not available." A couple of people I've talked to on my friends list have said the same thing.

I'm starting to wonder if something needs to be rebooted but no one over at Psyonix or SE has bothered to notice. : /

Originally Posted by Finaeous
    Has anyone actually been able to play the last few days? Wednesday night I was in the middle of a match in the Fane when I suddenly got booted back to the menus with the error message "Unable to connect to server." Ever since then I haven't been able to get into a single match. I always get either the party server error, "failed to enter matchmaking queue," or "this playlist is not available." A couple of people I've talked to on my friends list have said the same thing.

I'm starting to wonder if something needs to be rebooted but no one over at Psyonix or SE has bothered to notice. : /
    I hate to consider it, but the last patch has probably been released; meaning, there will be no stability updates because Psyonix has washed their hands of the game.

Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    I hate to consider it, but the last patch has probably been released; meaning, there will be no stability updates because Psyonix has washed their hands of the game.
    Yup, real classy. "So, we're running like thieves without finishing the game, but we're so sweet, we keep the servers online for 2 months ! Btw, we didn't bother to at least make it playable, enjoy the broken game for 2 months !"... Never encountered such disrespectful manners from a developer and/or a publisher.

Sure! And just in case if this forum goes offline any time soon, I will be posting all the models, textures, and animations in my facebook page as well:
    https://www.facebook.com/rdgameplays/
    You got my follow
    signature image

Page 12 of 15 First First ... 289101112131415 Last