Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last

Thread: A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

A Farewell To Arms - Nosgoth’s Final Days Are Upon Us

(click image to enlarge)

Denizens of Nosgoth,

It has been more than two and a half years since we partnered with the wonderfully mad men and women at Psyonix to embark upon a rather ambitious adventure. Our goal was to bring the world of Nosgoth to life in a new and challenging manner; a manner which allowed players to wage asymmetric warfare against each other as both human and vampire-kind.

A massive amount of work has gone into making Nosgoth a reality, and continually bringing new developments to the game. Our own teams, as well as the great guys at Psyonix, have dedicated a huge portion of themselves to making Nosgoth bigger and better over the years. Not only that, but dedicated community members provided a great deal of feedback that has been tremendously beneficial to the game. We are eternally grateful. Thank you one and all.

The above only makes today’s announcement that much more difficult.

It is with a heavy heart and an immense sense of sadness that we must announce the end of Nosgoth’s development. Servers will continue to run until 31st May 2016, during which time you will be able to play the game as normal. After that date, Nosgoth will be taken offline for the last time.

This was not an easy decision to come to. It has been a pleasure to build this game with your help, but ultimately its audience hasn’t grown enough to sustain ongoing operations.

On behalf of the entire Nosgoth team we want to thank you all for your feedback, support and dedication to the game throughout Nosgoth’s life.

Should you have any additional questions, please read this FAQ:

1. Can I still play the game?
      Yes, new and existing players will be able to continue to play Nosgoth until 31st May 2016. Players will no longer be able to make real world purchases in the game.
    2. Am I entitled to a refund?
      All purchases made since 1st March 2016 will be automatically refunded.
    3. Where and when can I claim a refund?
      You won't be required to claim a refund as all eligible refunds will be automatically processed in the next 14 days. Email notifications will be sent out when the refund has been proceed. For all other inquiries, you can contact Square Enix customer support at support.nosgoth.com or Steam customer support support.steampowered.com.
    4. How long will it take to process the refund?
      Refunds for in game purchases or purchases through the web store will be processed as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days.
      Refunds for purchases of the Definitive Pack on the Steam Store will be processed from week commencing 18th April 2016.
    5. Where will I receive my refund?
      Any in-game purchases made through Steam Wallet will have credits refunded to their Steam Wallet. For purchases of the Definitive pack on Steam Store please see the Steam Refunds Payment Methods section for details on how these refunds will be applied (http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds_methods). Any purchases made through the Nosgoth Website or in-game through the native client will be refunded to your method of payment used to make the original purchase. Please contact Square Enix Customer Support at support.nosgoth.com for further information.
    6. Will there be any more updates for Nosgoth?
      No further updates are planned for Nosgoth.
    7. Are there going to be more Leagues seasons?
      There will be no more Leagues seasons.
    8. What does this mean for Nosgoth Cups run by ESL?
      The Nosgoth Open Beta Cup Series will continue to run in April after which they will cease. For details of the upcoming cups visit http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global
    9. What happens to the Runestones and Gold in my account?
      You will be able to carry on using Runestones and Gold until the game is taken offline. Runestones are no longer available for purchase but you can still earn Gold by completing public matches.
    10. Will the automatic refund remove game content purchased since 1st March?
      No, no game content will be removed.
    11. What will happen to the forum on www.Nosgoth.com?
      The Nosgoth forum will remain online until 14th June 2016, after which it will be taken offline.
    12. What does this mean for the Legacy of Kain franchise?
      Any future Legacy of Kain project will be considered independently of Nosgoth and on the merits of the proposals alone.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 11th Apr 2016 at 09:42.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

I cant believe it... im angry and sad. Im switching my comp off for a bit.
    signature image

How long ago was this decided? There's been hardly any communication since the beastmaster update and I was wondering if this was the reason. The sloppy beastmaster patch can only have made this worse, as you seemed to be talking about moving into release until then.

Would it be possible to show us anything of the unfinished Rahabim class? It's the least you could do at this point.

Do you think SE would consider allowing any of Nosgoth's art assets to be used in a SE Collective project?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

LIKE WE DIDN'T KNOW THIS ALREADY!!

Wow, just wow. I am SO angry right now.

Throughout the entire beta period the whole community has been SCREAMING about what's wrong with the game and nearly none of the feedback was ever heard. And now you're all "oh noes, there isn't enough audience to sustain the game, where did we go wrong, herp derp".

I am genuinely pissed at the person making the decisions regarding this game. Good job, you ruined a potential gem.

This is so very very very sad... I wish we could play it as private matches like all the oldschool lan games with the organisation of our discord, but ofc we're tied to synchronisation/SQenix accounts/launcher...

I really wish that at least some of you guys, anyone connected to the development of Nosgoth in the last year would speak up to Gamasutra or some other outlet, even if unanimously and share your view.
    Having spent so much time with this beautiful game and grown into it and its community psychologically I would really love to hear your inside story and the struggles you've had!
    As noted above I would really love to know more about the decision making that made people around this game on both sides suffer. Also sad our fresh feedback initiative gone to waste as did most of the feedback anyway...

Thanks for all the good times... and the bad ones too.

NO NO NO NO!! I CAN'T BELIVE THIS!!!
    Why?
    I supported this the most I can... and now... DAMN...
    I do a lot for try to complete all, to have all skins, and I hoped you will done the trade system to gain the 2 skins I lost... I cannot belive this... is really sad.
    No Rahabim
    No Elite Beastmaster
    Damn, my heart is now broken

Originally Posted by Farnbeak
    This is so very very very sad... I wish we could play it as private matches like all the oldschool lan games with the organisation of our discord, but ofc we're tied to synchronisation/SQenix accounts/launcher...

I really wish that at least some of you guys, anyone connected to the development of Nosgoth in the last year would speak up to Gamasutra or some other outlet, even if unanimously and share your view.
    Having spent so much time with this beautiful game and grown into it and its community psychologically I would really love to hear your inside story and the struggles you had!

Thanks for all the good times (and the bad ones )
    I'd recommend contacting Mama Robotnik on NeoGaf with any such info.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

"ultimately its audience hasn’t grown enough to sustain ongoing operations. "

I'm sorry, but the audience was already here. You just ed up the game by not listening to your community.

This mean after 31 May I cannot play anymore?

The "not enough players to support the game development" is such BS guys. Seriously, you gave away literally several 10k$ on crappy/buggy leagues and after this you have the nerve to say that you don't have enough money ?? This is ridiculous. It's not the lack of players, it's the business decisions you made and the crappy state of the game that killed it. Don't hide under the "not enough players" cover...
    Last edited by Roy644; 9th Apr 2016 at 15:37.

rekt. rip.
    lol when not seen this thread

This is the worst news ever.. I spent 2 years and 2k hours on this game.. u guys should be ashamed. We gave you plenty of feedback to try to make thid game better cause we care so so much about it, and you always have done the opposite. This is what you really deserve in the end: a great game destroyed by bad decisions.

I thank you for the enterteinment u gave me in these 2 years, I can say the concet of the game is awesome for real. I hate you cause of the development decision and everything that you already know.

Please think about it: when the open beta started we had a peak of 11k players.. after a couple of month the peak was 1000-1500 as best so you coudlnt even mantein 2 players out of 10. Every patch the game got worse and worse.. I think you need to make a "mea culpa" about it, its not the players that did not want t play the game.. the players would have played it if the game would have worked properly and if horrible decisions wouldnt have taken.

And to quote someone: "People didn't quit this game because lack of content. They quit the game because they couldn't *** launch it."

I am completely devastated to hear the news; in truth I’ve shed tears. I will 100% miss the game and the people I have played with and met over my time playing the game and moderating the forum.

I would like to thank the team at Psyonix for producing such a great and fun game, and for allowing this crazy vampire fangirl annoy them for a morning in their office, it was indeed a dream!

It was great to meet everyone, especially make friends in the community and SE giving us the opportunity to actually meet in person.

I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU to the devs for allowing us to have all the fun and frolics we have over the last few years, it has indeed been a wild ride!

Though in my heart I do question some of the decisions that have been made along the way, and I think some of these decisions made the grave for Nosgoth to rest its head.

It is a shame it has all come to an end, and that there isn’t a way those loyal could help fund something to come out of this that we could still play in some way/shape, it is such a great game and truly an end of an era.

Finally I just want to say I love you all and I hope those who know me will keep in contact even though we will not have this wonderful world to play in, you have all have a special place in my heart!

*Tyrant hugs*
    Last edited by lucinvampire; 8th Apr 2016 at 15:05.

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Good job, you ruined a potential gem.
    Does anyone thinks these days, that games are done for "potential" gain? They wanted to make the next LoL, they failed and now they don't want to lose more money by keeping Nosgoth alive. "That's all Folks!"

16. Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    Wow, just wow. I am SO angry right now.

Throughout the entire beta period the whole community has been SCREAMING about what's wrong with the game and nearly none of the feedback was ever heard. And now you're all "oh noes, there isn't enough audience to sustain the game, where did we go wrong, herp derp".

I am genuinely pissed at the person making the decisions regarding this game. Good job, you ruined a potential gem.
    This. All of this.

The communication with the community was really bad, the advertisement was basically nonexistent.
    I also think Overwatch and Battleborn had some influence on this.
    Both games that I won't play, because ironically, I am not into competitive multiplayer games.
    What brought me here was LoK, and I really enjoyed Nosgoth gameplay wise.

I guess you won't hear and see much from me after the end of Nosgoth, since I will go back to my storydriven single player games.
    Thanks to all of you, and the games we played.

Well... finally. The game was slowly dying and we ALL knew that.

I've played the game since the closed beta. I've bought AFTER being invited to play the game FREE the founder pack, the Warband, convinced that Nosgoth would have been a PERFECT addition to the LoK franchise. I've bought skins, I've spent more than 350 hours playing the game, every day, after returning from Uni.

I've been a good tester, taking screenshots of bug and glitches, coming frequently to the forums, giving my opinions and reviews.

I've invited FRIENDS to play the game (and soon I've been left alone playing the game, because not ONE of them trusted this game), I've checked regularly for updates and news about the *coff coff* lore *coof coof*, the classes and the maps...

Until I've noticed the Steam charts. Until I've understand that Nosgoth have come out from beta way too soon. Until I've realized that you didn't really care about hardcore LoK fans, but you've put all your efforts in giving us an incomplete game, but visually stunning.

No story (and I've already done it examples of successful multiplayer games with some kind of story in YEARS of debating here in the forum), no new abilites, ADS IN LOADING SCREENS, no other modes than a capture the flag, team deathmatch and king of the hill...

You deserve it. The game had many problems, and you have just ignore them in the large part.

(click image to enlarge)

Originally Posted by kriss80858
    Does anyone thinks these days, that games are done for "potential" gain? They wanted to make the next LoL, they failed and now they don't want to lose more money by keeping Nosgoth alive. "That's all Folks!"
    Yeah, THEY failed to maintain the community to a decent level. The concept itself is just amazing and can give a much better game, that's the point. It's unfair and cowardish to say "we stopped because not enough players" when they actually killed a game with much more potential. Square Enix and Psyonix should admit that. And hell, there was still a lot of supporting players at the core of the fanbase, even in this horrible state. So their argument is invalid.

19. Originally Posted by kriss80858
    They did not want to make the next LoL. This has nothing to do with Mobas whatsoever.
    Blizzard made the next LoL with Heroes, and it kind of worked, because it is Blizzard.

It was just a leftover multiplayer mode of Dead Sun, they gave it a try and it did not work.
    The concept unfortunately did not fit into f2p, but to make it p2p would've been to risky.
    Overwatch and Battleborn switched to p2p because of that.

Originally Posted by BZiGER
    OMG OMG I mean F U who ever decided to cancel this game. Game is one of the best on line team death match titles ever. Game is ruined by patches. Normal stuff like team up with steam friends and some glitches in game. Server bugs like finding a game for ages made players leave. PLUS game HAD very bad Match making. Problem was when experience player meet with NOOB - Noob get rect and leaves and don’t play game (problem was small player base).

I meen I have like 1200h + in this game and made a lot of friends in community a lot of good times in game and THANK YOU FOR THAT.Havent play Nosgoth like last month because of work and freeking today I come back and NEWS like this OMG.

At least make somehow NOSGOTH title downloadable to play on private SERVERS. I will donate for one!!
    They must have had that for the games at events and stuff. Perhaps kickstarter?

People won't ever know the gem that was right under their noses. Doubt I'll see a multiplayer experience quite like it again, with a lore I've been invested in for years and a decent F2P system to boot. I wanted to pick it up again and finish up my leveling at some point, but I guess I was part of the problem putting off playing it for so long, how depressing...

All those awesome character designs and I'll never get to lay my eyes on them in action again.

Originally Posted by BZiGER
    At least make somehow NOSGOTH title downloadable to play on private SERVERS. I will donate for one!!
    This. Allow players to create/host servers even after the end of the game. Get rid of the launcher before doing that, let people join through Steam, like the old times and everything should work fine. It's not much to ask I think. See, the playerbase still cares much than you about YOUR game

You guys (dev) reap what you sow .

For months (years), feedbacks were made to help the game getting better . Never was any of these feedbacks taken into account .
    At best, you were telling us that we couldnt understand how things worked, best example being league point system : from day one, people were voicing their doubts about that fooked up system where nothing made sense . What happened ? you guys never changed it and now you just flat out say everything is over, not even questionning the why the game didnt meet the players expectations .

Matchmaking ? "not enough players to have it work fine, deal with it" when every players that actually played your game, just knew that having the matchmaking works AFTER every players are in the lobby wont ever work, whatever the player database is .

Bugs ? "we have taken your complaint into account, and we are working on it actively" . Results ? "here, look at those shiny RNG based pay chests to make you forget about bugs, hope you buy a ton of them" Most of the bugs were never addressed .

Despite all of this, i had a blast playing this game (except towards the end where the game was utterly unplayable) .
    It was pretty much close to an addiction, because the game had f.ing potiental, but you just trashed it for money and in favor of rocket league .

Gonna regret the game from 1y ago, but not gonna miss how you handled it at all .

Originally Posted by enkaku-silence-
    They did not want to make the next LoL. This has nothing to do with Mobas whatsoever.
    Blizzard made the next LoL with Heroes, and it kind of worked, because it is Blizzard.

It was just a leftover multiplayer mode of Dead Sun, they gave it a try and it did not work.
    The concept unfortunately did not fit into f2p, but to make it p2p would've been to risky.
    Overwatch and Battleborn switched to p2p because of that.
    By "the next LOL" I meant multiplayer with similarly big community and by extention similar profit. As someone said - there was virtually no advertisement and most players were enticed not by the game itself, but by the concept of "the next Legacy of Kain".

25. I feel Psyonix' hands were bound by Squeenix. All the marketing bs we complained about came from SE. The launcher was a really stupid idea. I bet some Squeenix white collar thought they would get more players by making it available outside of Steam. Yeah right, you sir should be fired.

Edit:
    Plus Psyonix probably felt more comfortable with Rocket League, which is self published and successful.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... Last