Thread: On the Current State of Nosgoth

On the Current State of Nosgoth

On the Current State of Nosgoth

I think we've gone far past the point where we need some response from the developers. There is a huge list of bugs that are affecting every player, and if my friend's and my experiences are anything to go by, it has become almost impossible for people to play even if they haven't joined the huge number who have simply stopped playing in frustration. And who can blame them? The game simply isn't working, and we get no feedback of any kind. This isn't just a rant, I feel like the devs need to be called out.

Your game is broken, and you're doing the worst possible thing by clamming up.

The most information I've seen anywhere was from a support ticket reply (which made me regret my aggressive attitude when I read it, I'll post the conversation below). That information was simply "we do not have any information on the development of the game".

We need some kind of communication - the email also claims the developers "maintain a presence" on the forums and that this is the best way to contact them. If that's true then please tell us something. Anything. It doesn't have to be here; send a tweet or make an official thread, but with no communication through this mess even the most loyal players are going to be pushed past their limits.

The email I received is here:

I sent a reply, which also lists the issues I've been having. I don't think that needs to be repeated, but if by some miracle there is someone who doesn't know what is wrong, I'll add that here as well:

Originally Posted by Nononponon
    We need some kind of communication - the email also claims the developers "maintain a presence" on the forums and that this is the best way to contact them.
    That's the thing. We shouldn't need to contact DIRECTLY the devs team or the support team by e-mail for the kind of problems we're having. It's not an isolated problem. The game is simply broken when it comes to parties, for everyone. And even when playing solo, it's a pain in the ass to get it working...

I posted a ton of feedback regarding this, asking for devs responses, here, on the Steam forums, like many other people. And nothing. Not even an acknowledgment of the problem. It's been 2 weeks since me and my friends simply stopped playing. Who has the time and the courage to spend 2 hours restarting the game to be able to play one match ?? Seriously.

So yeah, the forums SHOULD be the place where devs collect feedback and answer to our questions and concerns. But they don't do this. They ignore everything and that shows how little they care about the game or their consumers for that matter. But hey! we've got a Tyrant tattoo for last league season right ? Oh wait, that was the season where everyone stopped playing mid-league 'cause of the broken matchmaking... Such a cosmic joke.

Seriously, look at all the angry players, look at the diminishing playerbase !!! Don't you find that alarming for your game ? When people say they're tired of the state of the game, they mean it. Look at the stats, they stopped playing ! Damn... Such a great way to ruin a fantastic game.

I was just enjoying my week, with all the crap about David Cameron in the news , and then...

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/n...#disqus_thread

I must say I am a bit fed up with developers not replying to stuff. Hope this isn't the reason?
    signature image

Originally Posted by Sluagh
    I was just enjoying my week, with all the crap about David Cameron in the news , and then...

I must say I am a bit fed up with developers not replying to stuff. Hope this isn't the reason?
    Really hope this isn't true but that would explain so much... SE tried to make more people come to the game with money prizes in leagues, that supposedly didn't work as well as expected for them and now the game is just a cash waste for SE so they might simply shut it down. Hence the poor support we got the last couple of weeks... Makes sense even though it's completely stupid

Originally Posted by Sluagh

Im really hoping this is false... perhaps a attempt to get the devs to speak up by rattling the cage...
    signature image

closing of nosgoth is disgusting but rational decision. no one of players will pay for infinite promises and infinite patchworks. probably better create new other game (similar nosgoth gameplay ) than repair this.

Originally Posted by Duflux
    Im really hoping this is false... perhaps a attempt to get the devs to speak up by rattling the cage...
    If a cancellation is really planned, the fault lies more on Square Enix side imo. There is a problem related to the publisher when you give several ten thousands of dollars in crappy/buggy leagues and then decide to cancel the game, supposedly due to lack of income... That's just a weird way to handle your business. And if this is the case, even if the devs were present on the forums, replying and stuff, that wouldn't change a thing on the cancellation plans.

But let's wait before taking this for granted, it's still a rumor at that point. Really hope this is false.

well nvm

That email you got is a copypaste, a friend of mine got the exact same response to a ticket. Probably not even by a human, just an automated response.