Thread: Launcher: Blank screen, spinning buffering icon. Help?

Launcher: Blank screen, spinning buffering icon. Help?

Launcher: Blank screen, spinning buffering icon. Help?

Hello.

I recently returned to playing Nosgoth three days ago. I was playing perfectly fine using the Steam launcher.

When I woke up this morning, the launcher would open up as a "black screen" with two spinning arrows perpetually in motion. It stays like that, and I am unable to access the game.

I have tried reinstalling all of my Microsoft Redistributable files, made sure that my NET Framework was up to date. I have set the game to launch in administrator mode.

I have reset my computer multiple times. I have also downloaded the independent client from the website and tried to run it from there, but I am also having the same difficulty with the non-Steam version of the game.

I made a post on the Nosgoth subreddit, but no one was able to provide any insightful information to fix my launcher. Is there a "fix" I haven't done yet that I should?

FIXES ATTEMPTED:
    Reinstalling (4 Times)
    Reinstalling Microsoft Redistributable C++ (2 Times)
    Hard Resets (6 Times)
    Updated Java
    Installing non-Steam independent Nosgoth client (Reinstalled twice)
    Updated NET Framework to 4.6 (twice)
    Run as Administrator/All different compatability modes
    Installed all Windows Updates

SOLUTION.

If anyone else is having this problem, I hope this helps you.

Download the Nosgoth independent client installer from the main website and run it, as if you were going to install the game. Two options should come up "REPAIR & UNINSTALL"

I ran the "REPAIR" option and then reset my computer as it suggested (I haven't tried steam) but my launcher has been working since just now. Thank you for everyone for your support. ; )
    Last edited by Karlstein; 6th Apr 2016 at 07:21. Reason: For anyone else with this issue, it might help.

Sorry mate. You have the exact same problems as the rest of us. It sometimes takes as much as 10 restart before being able to get properly into matchmaking. So far, restart is the only "fix". And if you want to play with buddies, well, let's say that's just impossible due to broken parties.
    Bad time to come back to Nosgoth !

Thanks for the reply!

I can't get past the black screen to even see the launcher, much less get into matchmaking. I've just now tried updating Java, but that didn't seem to help.

That's unfortunate... You should at least be able to get past the launcher. I saw a fix on the Steam forums regarding similar issues, people talked about re-installing Visual C++ if I remember correctly. Maybe it was on the sticky "Launcher troubleshooting" thread, I don't remember honestly.
    I heard of some people who re-installed the game entirely to make it work too. All of those seem like odd "fixes" to me but it might worth a shot !

Thank you for reply.

I've done all of that. I've reinstalled the game four times and reinstalled C++ twice.

Well... Since you also had the problem without the Steam version, maybe your SE account is the problem.

That's definitely a train of thought I haven't considered before. I did experience difficulty with the "steam not linked" issue, but was able to fix that by relinking my account. I appreciate your effort.

However, when I launch Nosgoth the "client" that comes up is a black screen with buffering symbols. I've been told that you have to "sign in" with the independent client. Because of that and the fact that I am unable to get past the black to screen to attempt a log in (the independent client has no way of knowing what my account is before I even try, since I've never managed to get past the black screen even once) I am led to believe that it's more of a technical issue.

I've decided to upload this picture of the "launcher" that comes up when I try to open the game. It just stays on the screen, with the little arrows spinning around in circles.

Yeah I know this issue. I've had it, and everytime, a couple of restarts made the trick... I'm afraid I can't be more helpful than that.

And you know, I stopped playing due to all the gamebreaking issues currently in the game, and I'm waiting for the devs team to comment on those issues and come up with solutions. But it's been 3 weeks. 3 weeks with broken parties (meaning you absolutely can't play with friends), countless launcher bugs, error messages telling you your accounts aren't linked etc... Don't count on easy and quick fixes right away, even if you get past the launcher, it will be a pain in the ass to play and devs obviously don't care.

I was actually one of the people having a fairly smooth experience with the game before this happened, haha. I've been working on this all day, so I'm sure a solution will pop up eventually. It's a fun game!

A PvP multiplayer game here I can't play with friends loses all its fun, for me anyways ! Good luck with that, I'll come back if a solution comes to mind

Thanks. Here's hoping someone else has something else I can try that might work.

That's not good. I get this on occasion and usually just closing and restarting a few times makes it kick in.

If you have not done so already maybe take a look at this post to see if anything assists.

Maybe the 4.6 Netframe that needs downloading (if not already re-downloaded after game install).

Thanks for the reply!

I redownloaded the 4.6 Netframe for the second time just to be sure like you suggested, but I'm still getting the exact same error. I've restarted it/reinstalled it/reset my computer/installed both different clients multiple times now. I really can't get it going!

Is there somewhere I can contact to get more support for this issue? Still here and could still use some help! ; )

I've uninstalled/reinstalled everything including the Microsoft Redistributable C++ files (for both 32/64 bit), Net Framework 4.6.1, the independent Nosgoth client, the Steam version and Java one more time just to make sure I hadn't missed anything. I restarted the game (on both clients) fourty times in a row and I've also let them both sit there with the buffering circle for thirty minutes each. I've tried verifying the game's integrity through Steam and I've absolutely exhausted all resources. Still here, still hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks for your time. ; )

SOLUTION.

If anyone else is having this problem, I hope this helps you.

Download the Nosgoth independent client installer from the main website and run it, as if you were going to install the game. Two options should come up "REPAIR & UNINSTALL"

I ran the "REPAIR" option and then reset my computer as it suggested (I haven't tried steam) but my launcher has been working since just now. Thank you for everyone for your support. ; )

A temporary solution is to follow these steps by Saikocat except you "do" re-link your SE account w/ Steam in step 5. I've just had the problem described in this thread and now I'm running the game.

Haha.. well.. back to not working, I guess. ; )

Experiencing the same issues as I've described above again, but I think I'm just going to give up on the game for now. It's been far too much work for me to get it going. God bless!

And yet another player tired by the state of the game, and still no answer from Psyonix... This is getting ridiculous guys