Thread: Support skills

Support skills

Support skills

As-is, "support" counts for healing and some shielding skills. That leaves quite a few skills unaccounted for. Dominate Mind, Hex Shot, Bola (poison variant is arguably a damage skill more than support though), Shadow Bomb...All are supportive abilities but they don't appear to count score-wise.

Shadow Bomb could add points based on how many get caught in it, DM and Bola could add points based on duration (so it scores less if they're broken prematurely). Hex Shot, AFAIK, has no means of being broken so maybe just a flat rate for each landed shot.

Sonic Boom and Wing Flap...I can't recall offhand if either causes damage but if not, they'd certainly qualify as well.

Support can be offensive as well as defensive - and this is a team-oriented game - so the scoring really ought to account for skills that benefit your team despite lacking damage.

I like the idea - especially because leveling Dominate Mind takes so long compared to other skills since it's unlikely the user will do equal damage. Plus it should be a nice boost in exp for newer players.

Talking about the Hex Shot and Senti skills: Hex has a threshold as the bolas and DM have, so no need for a "flatrate" there. But sometimes it's just about cancelling a Vampire skill rather than disabling them for the longest time possible. So +exp for something like catching an abducting Senti with your bola also would be nice.
    Sonic Boom should still do 300 damage and Wingflap also inflicts some, basically 250 + fall damage if I remember correctly.

Ley Line, as another pure supportive skill, could give +exp for every shot that hit while activated. And then there are the ways to block damage (Vang&Summoner) which also just vanish score-wise.

Those ideas don't cover every supportive use of the skills (like Smoke Bomb blocking the line of sight without actually catching anyone in it) but it would be better than it is now imo.

Yeah I think this is a great idea also, it'd be good to have them count for something, people sometimes look at you a little meh when you damage is a little low when you using mainly defense skills, they are helpful skills though. It took them a long time to add the healing to the board but I'm so glad they did!

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    As-is, "support" counts for healing and some shielding skills. That leaves quite a few skills unaccounted for. Dominate Mind, Hex Shot, Bola (poison variant is arguably a damage skill more than support though), Shadow Bomb...All are supportive abilities but they don't appear to count score-wise.

Shadow Bomb could add points based on how many get caught in it, DM and Bola could add points based on duration (so it scores less if they're broken prematurely). Hex Shot, AFAIK, has no means of being broken so maybe just a flat rate for each landed shot.

Sonic Boom and Wing Flap...I can't recall offhand if either causes damage but if not, they'd certainly qualify as well.

Support can be offensive as well as defensive - and this is a team-oriented game - so the scoring really ought to account for skills that benefit your team despite lacking damage.
    Definitely good ideas. If I'm not mistaken, Hex shot has the same threshold as Bola...

I'd say, give support points based on how much damage they take a s a result of the skill....

For instance, if someone takes 250 damage while affected by shadowbomb, why not give the thrower 250 support points? Or maybe cut it in half for 125?

Also, catch a guy with Mind Dom, and he takes 110 damage from OUTSIDE SOURCES, give 110 support points...

Just throwin it out there.

I've been posting and hoping some changes like these would come down the pipe for a long time and I would love to see them happen.

That would be a very welcomed change. Far too many abilities are in the gray area as they do not reflect on your score much when you use them.