Thread: switch and door question...

Red Face (Embarrassed) switch and door question...

hi, how do i make a door close after lara pulls a switch????

Phabius Phodes Guest
    Never tried but I think it works...

Place a door, and in its OCB press all the five buttons 1-5.
    The door will appear already open from the begining of the level.
    Then just switch trigger it and it will work as an antitrigger, the door will close.

Danzas Guest
    Just turn around the door on the square where you placed it, so it seems like its opened when it's actually closed. When you trigger it, the door 'closes'.

Originally posted by Danzas:
    Just turn around the door on the square where you placed it, so it seems like its opened when it's actually closed. When you trigger it, the door 'closes'.
    Yes, you can do that, but you have to be careful. If you turn the door around, you might not be able to step on the tile right in front of it (or at the back whichever way you look at it). It's (always?) blocked by an unvisible door (since the door is meant for one-way-use only). You have to try it out, in-game!

EDIT: spelling

Big Grin

thanks everyone for the tips,

im going to try all of that!

thanks!!

Level Planet Guest
    Becuase this is a Switch and Door Thread, I thought I can ask a question.

How in the world do I make my door open by a crowbar? I have a crowbar door and a crowbar_item + crowbar_anim. Must I put 1 in the obc setting? I did and placed it in the room where you must also open it, must I placed it in another room?

I think you need to use 2 in the OCB. (well that's what it says in the OCB files)