Thread: [XBOX 360] Map is broken w/the current Patch (title update 5) - Workaround Available

Exclamation [XBOX 360] Map is broken w/the current Patch (title update 5) - Workaround Available

Moderator Note: We apologize if you are experiencing an issue with the map on the Xbox 360 version of the title after the last patch. While we are still investigating a solution, please use the workaround below to prevent the issue:

1) Boot the title in offline mode (without an internet connection)
    2) Reestablish an internet connection while in-game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought a digital copy of ROTTR for the XBOX 360 from the Xbox Games Store and everything worked fine until this Tuesday (29.03.16).
    I've downloaded the new Patch (title update 5) released this week and now the map is broken.
    When I access the map via SELECT, I cannot zoom in/out or scroll the map. This is extremely annoying because I can't set markers for hidden stuff.
    Neither starting a new game nor using this workaround solves the problem.

System: XBOX 360 [PAL]
    Version: Digital Copy
    Region: Europe
    Language: German

A hotfix would be nice!
    However: I'll contact the MS customer service this evening, but I thought it would be useful to write a few lines about this problem in the official technical forum. Maybe the problem will reach the developers faster on this way.

PS: I found the old patch (title update 4) on the internet and I managed to get this patch on my xbox 360. But this should only be a temporarily workaround, because now I cannot access xbox live while playing ROTTR.

Update (04.04.16):
    So I contacted Microsoft last Friday and they told me I should talk with Square Enix.
    I've done that today and (no surprise) they send me back to Microsoft. The reason for that is, they do only support for the PC-Version.
    For Problems with the XBOX 360 Version you have to contact Microsoft.

So I contacted Microsoft again and finally they listened to me!
    Now they will contact the Developer (nixxes software) about the problem and they will also send them the link to this thread. So if someone has more details about this bug, please write them down.

So there is now hope, that there will be a hot fix soon.
    Last edited by MeaganMarie; 20th Apr 2016 at 18:03.

Yep, same here...
    The map is completely unusable (impossible to move it, the A button doesn't even appear in the possibilities of the map)

Same system, same version, same region.
    Language : French

Same for me, unfortunatly...

Digital American version also has the same issue.

Same here, this seems to be a serious bug in the game. Does Square Enix even look into these forums or reply in any way? A hotfix could take forever to make, if there is not even an reply that such a thing is being made at all. This is just a buggy product this way.

I've got good news for you!

Take a look at the first post!

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefofNothing View Post
    I've got good news for you!

Take a look at the first post!
    Yeah, read the update. Bit dissapoited though. Square Enix makes an game. When there is an major flaw in de game like this one they point towards Microsoft who is just making the platform, not the game. Ik also got word back from the custumor support from Square Enix. i specifficly asked them for an awnser and to not just refer me to the forums where there is no solution as up to date. And guess what, they simply refer me to the forums. What kind of a crap custumor support is this?

I'm getting the idea that they have no intention of actualy helping you but are just making money and than cashing out as soon as possible. Sounds bit rancouness, jup! i think they should start doing their jobs.
    I'm very curious to see if they actualy read along or beter yet even reply to this thread. Then the refering to the forum part would actualy make sense. What they did now is sending someone to the desert to get a drink when they know that there isn't any there.

Hello there! We're sorry for the trouble. Development is actively looking into resolving this map issue, and the problem with the Witch Trials achievement, as a high priority. I'll update when I have something to share.

Thanks Meagan. We really appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by MeaganMarie View Post
    Hello there! We're sorry for the trouble. Development is actively looking into resolving this map issue, and the problem with the Witch Trials achievement, as a high priority. I'll update when I have something to share.
    Thanks Megan,
    The rules as stated out as for who is responsible for which type of bug (Square Enix of Microsoft) are pretty clear but just didn't seem to being used by the custumor support. This reply aqtualy at least gives me the idea the problem is now at the right place, now it only needs to be solved:-)

Hoping to be updated as soon as possible!
    Thnx again!

Hey there - we're still trying to isolate the cause of this issue. If you have a moment, could you provide us with the following information?

1) Before you updated to the latest patch, were you up-to-date on patches, or had you not played in a while?
    2) Which region / country are you in?
    3) What type of 360 do you own? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...configurations)
    4) Which DLCs (if any) did you have installed?
    5) What area (such as Soviet Installation) were you in before you applied the patch?
    6) Is your map still affected on a new game save slot?

Again, sorry for the trouble!

I checked my game a few minutes ago, which is a physical, North American copy of the game, and the map is working normally for me. I can zoom in and out, center on Lara, look at missions/challenges and the legend, etc perfectly fine. So it must be affecting digital copies, which is why everyone else in this thread has the problem.

By the way Meagan, any progress on a fix for the Witch Trials achievement?

Hey there - we're still trying to isolate the cause of this issue. If you have a moment, could you provide us with the following information?

1) Before you updated to the latest patch, were you up-to-date on patches, or had you not played in a while?
    3) What type of 360 do you own? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...configurations)
    5) What area (such as Soviet Installation) were you in before you applied the patch?

My map is completly broken as well and here the answers to your questions...

1) I was completely up to date on patches and updates
    2) I live in the USA
    3) I own a Xbox 360 S 250 GB model with the matte black finish
    4) I own all available DLCs for the game
    5) I believe i was in the Flooded Archives area but I may have been backtracking to the Wicked Vale from the Baba Yaga DLC to try to complete the lantern challenge (still missing one of those suckers lol)
    6) All games save (new and old) are affected by the map bug

Hopefully the information will be useful in helping to fix the map bug

My map is not working too.

1) I was up to date on patches and updates
    2) I live in Brazi
    3) I have a national Xbox 360 60GB
    4) I have all Rise of the Tom Raider DLCs
    5) I was at Path of the Deadless
    6) I have 2 games saved and the two are affected by the map bug

*Strangely the map was working fine for me yesterday and I was able to use it properly but when I tried to use it today it got broken again. I own Rise of the Tom Raider as a digital game.

My map is not working, too. Can't even play anymore as I've finished the stages and now just trying to do 100% - really frustrating.

1) Up to date on patches
    2) Live in Australia
    3) Xbox 360 60GB, elite black
    4) No DLCs
    5) Finished the game, back in the Geothermal Valley
    6) All saved games are affected, no new games work
    Last edited by wineskinoz; 15th Apr 2016 at 07:06. Reason: typo and unfinished

1) Up to date on patches.
    2) Netherlands
    3) XBOX 360 S 250 gb
    4) none
    5) transfer to Soviet Installation or allready in soviet instalation
    6) all games are affected, every save option and new games as well.

In Fast travel map does work, i can move around and zoom. In regular map only camps are visable and the map is not zommable, not movable and all the other stuff (like relics, coin caches, etc) are not shown even when the maps are found in the game. It affects all maps since the error started.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRancidDog View Post
    I checked my game a few minutes ago, which is a physical, North American copy of the game, and the map is working normally for me. I can zoom in and out, center on Lara, look at missions/challenges and the legend, etc perfectly fine. So it must be affecting digital copies, which is why everyone else in this thread has the problem.

By the way Meagan, any progress on a fix for the Witch Trials achievement?
    Nope, it's not only the digital game which has this problem. I'm on a psysical copy and have the bug as well.

1) Up to date on patches
    2) Live in the Netherlands
    3) Xbox 360 60GB Pro (white)
    4) No DLCs
    5) Sovjet Installation
    6) New save doesn't work

My game is a physical copy

I don't know how but my map works fine. I'll answer the questions anyway.

1) I was up to date on patches.
    2) I'm in Canada (North America)
    3) I have an Xbox 360 Pro
    4) I had every DLC installed. Outfit packs, card packs, Endurance, Baba Yaga and Cold Darkness. I should note that the Ancient Vanguard Pack was not free even though I have the Season Pass. I bought it anyway because it's not that expensive, but I know it's still a problem for some players.
    5) I don't remember where I was. It might have been the Abandoned Mines.
    6) I haven't tested a new save slot, but it works fine on my 100% file.

I'm on physical copy and like I said, my map works. But panzertand said theirs doesn't.

Hey, since this thread seems most read I will post it here.

Recently I ran into some strange glitches and bugs that seem to multiply with every time turning on the console and starting the game. Xbox 360 version.

I had the campaign completed and done before doing anything else, but now in the Expedition Mode the game goes nuts. I had all title updates and all DLC installed for quite a while now, but these things just popped up over the days.

1) The map problem. I didn't even know that was a glitch. I couldn't move the cursor or zoom in on the map during Score Attack and thought ok, thats how it should be. Adding difficulty. Now I read this thread, open up my campaign and... there it is as well. Couple of days ago, my campaign was still uneffected. Now, it spread to every game mode...

2) Don't think I need to mention the Witch Trial achievement...

3) Just today, my pickaxes began to float around like crazy. Yesterday everything was fine and no I didn't do anything with the savegame. It comes and goes. Sometimes they are normal when rebooting the game, sometimes not.

4) Speaking of the Copper Mill. I don't know why or how, but the score of that specific level gets transferred to the score of the level right before the Flooded Archives. Since I play it in German, I can't say the real name, but it should be something like Rising Storm or so. That now happened twice. Everytime I get a new personal highscore in the Copper Mill.

5) Right at the menuscreen of the game, there are these advices/news under the menu. Yeah, in my game it became a mess of unrepresentable characters, capital and small case letters of D and P and exclamation marks. That is everywhere where these advices should appear.

6) Already here I have some other questions about the ingame challenges in Expedition Mode. Some seem to be impossible. Every single one that needs so and so many animals to spawn. Well, maybe they are not impossible, but VERY tedious, since most of the time the animals just don't spawn. My favourites are the "Kill 5 rabbits within (I think) a minute" in the Siberian Wilderness. ONCE in about 30 times playing this level I encountered five rabbits. Normally fewer or none. And in the Hunting Ground, the level only playable in Chapter Replay and Chapter Replay Elite, it's the same with the wolves. And the rabbits. I can't kill five wolves in a specific time when there simply aren't that many wolves spawing, let alone kill seven. Also ONCE in all the replays of this specific level I encountered the wolfpack in front of the cave in the middle of the map. And I played this level even more often than Siberian Wilderness.

In the Tower level (the second part of the Acropolis) it is impossible to get enough pickup points for said challenges. I turned around at the start of the level and saw some of these points floating around in an area of the level that isn't accessable in this game mode. I mean maybe I just overlooked a simple solution, but I tried everything I came up with and they are out of reach.

Would be great to hear from fellow sufferers or even an answer from someone from Square Enix.

Thanks
    Last edited by stefan251; 15th Apr 2016 at 22:32.

1) up-to-date
    2) Region: Europe / Country: Germany
    3) Xbox 360 Arcade (upgraded with an official 60GB HDD + 320 GB external HDD) (Game is on the 320GB HDD; Savegames & Patch are on the 60GB HDD)
    4) None
    5) First Syria, then I re-downloaded the patch when I was in the Siberian Wilderness
    6) Yes

Edit: Sometimes (maybe 1 out of 20) the Map is working when I start the game!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by stefan251 View Post
    Hey, since this thread seems most read I will post it here.

Recently I ran into some strange glitches and bugs that seem to multiply with every time turning on the console and starting the game. Xbox 360 version.
    I hope this is an individual case, because if this concerns all xbox 360 versions there has been gone terribly wrong during the development.
    Last edited by ChiefofNothing; 16th Apr 2016 at 09:46.

Removing the update has solved the issue for me. However, installing the update again brings it back. I don't know if it's relevant but I am in "Soviet Installation" map.

Hey all, thanks again for answering the above questions from Meagan. Apologies that you're encountering this.

We’re still trying to track down the root cause of the issue, but in the interim please try the following workaround if you’ve been affected.

Please let us know if this worked for you!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinHuey View Post
    Hey all, thanks again for answering the above questions from Meagan. Apologies that you're encountering this.

We’re still trying to track down the root cause of the issue, but in the interim please try the following workaround if you’ve been affected.

Please let us know if this worked for you!
    Hi!
    Seems I had to start the XBox w/o internet, then start the geam, check the map (working now), enable internet. Only starting the game w/o internet didn't do the trick. But tested only once...
    Thnx for the workaround, Cat

1) Download the game 2 days ago.
    2) Italy
    3) XBOX 360 S 250 gb
    4) No DLC (I wait you solve the problem)
    5) Finished the game (79%)
    6) Only 1 save
    7) Digital Copy

Maps works fine in fast travel session but during the game the map session doesn't work; no move, no zoom and no items.