Thread: Combatant "Play-Style" Question and Subject...

Combatant "Play-Style" Question and Subject...

I personally am not a big "fan" of guerrilla warfare, for many reasons (guerrilla warfare in human history nearly synonymous with barbarity and war-crimes or atrocities) - I suppose I am like one of the old-line Samurai who viewed the new "ninja" warriors in Japan, with less than heavenly sentiment - and I was wondering, are there any plans for letting the player be more the determiner of the way they engage in combat in "Rise"...?

Cf. TR 2013, where the in-game internal programming did not mandatorily force the player to use silenced weapons and I myself took the preferential option for direct, open and aggressive frontline soldier warfare... Succeeded, too, got all the achievements, etc.

This is not a dreamy-eyed, sentimentality-ridden naïve person throwing out an objection to the melee finisher/ executioner deaths - contrarily, I only wish the "gore" was so realistic and greater here, all milksop Utopian modern people would lose their minds...

In 2013, we had the option to be selective, and situational-based, in terms of combat "style" - that is, concretely, we could turn the silencer "ON" or "OFF", at the bare minimum...

This is a MINOR issue, but I was just wondering...

Summarizing (lol): May we please have the choice of "ON" or "OFF" again? (basically)... Couldn't a quick, barely noticeable patch take care of this...?

One thing I have found on a new playthrough is that I can stick to certain weapon choices the whole game. I tend to use the bow for headshots and poison gas. Then when things get out of hand or more active the automatic rifle and shotgun. I don't use molotovs, radios or booby-traps. I thought it would be nice if some parts of the game forced you to use certain methods. Its seems at the moment that its easier to use what I use and using things like molotovs would mean being complicated for complicateds sake. Why creep around to find bottles and radios when I can just take people out with a poison arrow from one position?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    One thing I have found on a new playthrough is that I can stick to certain weapon choices the whole game. I tend to use the bow for headshots and poison gas. Then when things get out of hand or more active the automatic rifle and shotgun. I don't use molotovs, radios or booby-traps. I thought it would be nice if some parts of the game forced you to use certain methods.
    I really like using the bow and how precise you have to be not just in the stealth sections but I even use it almost solely in big combat battles, going for headshots. It feels to be more natural than things like the molatovs where they stick the bottle right there and give you an easy route to win. I don't really use the other weapons aside from the tougher animals like bears. I kind of like the purity of not being forced to use the more gimmick type things though I am always running short of wood for arrows on the toughest difficulties.

Overall I thought the stealth sections where you choose how to engage were a lot more fun than the open combat sections.