Thread: [Xbox 360] Witch Trials achievement does not unlock

[Xbox 360] Witch Trials achievement does not unlock

First of all, Crystal/Nixxes/Square, I want to thank you for fixing Endurance Mode's achievements and freezing on Xbox 360, and for launching Cold Darkness Awakened on the platform with no (so far) glitched achievements (I have not tested all of them yet).

However, I was disappointed to find that the Witch Trials achievement for Baba Yaga still has not been fixed. I got a gold score on both Return to the Wicked Vale and Witch's Cave in Score Attack, and it did not unlock. I even got a gold star on the Wicked Vale level in Chapter Replay, which does not have a Score Attack equivalent, and nothing happened. Yet when an Xbox One player completes the first two levels with a gold score, the achievement unlocks for them.

Will there be any more patches after the most recent one or is that it? I was hoping this would be fixed as well.

Agreed thanks for the fix on endurance mode.

But seems here we go again, my favourite hobby of late, *in and moaning about yet another achievement that doesn't work.
    What gives guys.
    Its not like you were not aware of this problem with baba yaga....

Is anyone even interested in our plight or have you just all thrown your hands up in the air and said screw you all????

We need answers Crystal... the people demand it...

Might have been an odd occurrence, but on top of that I'd also like to mention Cold Darkness Awakened froze upon firing my first Dragonfire round. There's an achievement for killing 20 enemies with those... Fortunately this mode has an autosave, but having to hard reset a console is always a no no in my book.

For the Witch Trials achievement, I have a theory I'll put to test this week, will report back if successful.

Hope that theory of yours works. I managed to get every Cold Darkness achievement and the previously unobtainable Endurance ones without any more trouble, and this was on my same save file, so I'm not sure how others are still experiencing issues. That's really bizarre. It's only Witch Trials I need now, which is pretty frustrating after all these months of uncertainty. Hopefully we get another, final patch, or one will come with the possible Croft Manor DLC.

Found this thread searching on the forum.
    I have the same problem, only for me it is on the Xbox One.
    Since end February it is on 100% and locked.
    I also had the hope that with the DLC of cold darkness and an update it would have been fixed. Today I even improved my scores, nothing.
    Hopefully there will be a fix.

Lol Rancid.... you serious another possible dlc? lol that will probably fix the witch trails but then break something else. lololol its ridiculous....

The last update didn't break anything in terms of achievements. It fixed Endurance and Cold Darkness had no problems, but they didn't fix Witch Trials.
    Last edited by TheRancidDog; 5th Apr 2016 at 03:51. Reason: Clarification: It did break the map.

I'm afraid I have unfortunate news. As I had stated elsewhere, I thought starting a new save file on a different unit would be enough to unlock these achievements -- after all that did work for my glitched Endurance ones -- and I powered through the campaign. It took about 2 hours to get both levels unlocked in Score Attack.

Then the funny thing happens. As I open Score Attack, I'm prompted with all the tutorial screens and for no reason whatsoever, the game loads up the leaderboards, recognizes my logged scores and awards me gold medals immediately for all unlocked levels. No achievement though. Then I figured - hey, I've come this far, might as well do what I actually came for. I then proceeded and golded both Score Attack levels plus the one only available via Chapter Replay and no dice. Nothing at all.

Only things I could think of after having failed miserably are 1) starting a fresh new save on a separate user profile to see if it even works and 2) playing offline so the game doesn't load up the recorded scores from the server. Not sure if anything is kept on the savefile but I'm guessing so and maybe it would still require a new 2-hour run to unlock the levels again. There's also the possibility offline play will not save the scores so maybe even doing the two gold levels in one sitting wouldn't be enough.

So yeah, definitely glitched and needs a title update. One has to be made to fix the map issues nevertheless, I can't even begin to imagine just how frustrating and annoying it would be to try and go after collectibles with the game in its current state.

Good news guys: Meagan said in the other thread about the broken map they are looking into it and Witch Trials as high priority issues. We will get a fix after all.

LOL

Rancid would you mind very much posting a link of that thread on here for us. Thanks in advance.

Well well if we lucky we might get a fix in 2 months time... so sad.

Maybe sooner. They have been responding frequently to reports about the broken map and are serious about figuring out what's causing the issue. Haven't had an update about a fix for Witch Trials yet however.

I am glad to be the first to confirm here that with today's title update the Witch Trial achievement is being awarded after playing and finishing any of the Baba Yaga Score Attacks again with any score. Of course only if you already have both gold stars. ^^

Thanks to Square Enix, Crystal Dynamics or Nixxes or whoever is responsible for that patch!