Thread: No honor players hard lose.

No honor players hard lose.

No honor players hard lose.

Hi guys just want to quickly show you this screenshot.
    [redacted]
    As you can see me and my team won 3vs4. Our teammate left almost at the start of the game but none of the opposite side agreed to sit providing us fair 3vs3. We started as vamps and did pretty well (26-12), and when we switched to human side, they thought that it will be an easy win and none of them picked sentinel. But after seen that we are not easy even 3vs4 they abused 2 sentinels (1 of them switched at the end). They were so desperately eager for the win that they completely forgot about honor and sportsmanship, but they still lost.
    Summing up i want to say that they are the most pathetic bunch of unhonorable pests i have seen in nosgoth. Please ingore them at any cost, don't play with them, community should be purged of ppl who are ready to even abuse 2 most op absolutely imbalanced class (sentinel) to win 3vs4 (and still losing after it lol). It was ranked match by the way.c
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th Mar 2016 at 20:55. Reason: naming and shaming

When players resort to 4v3 tryhard mode its usually because they need the win or they feel your 3 are better than their 4.

A note here for the new players reading this..
    I always ask the enemy team to sit if I end up on a 3 man team and I feel its unbalanced (sometimes its not).
    If I am on a 4 man team vs 3 I usually always offer to sit (again if I feel its unbalanced).

Its a sort of unspoken rule, most decent players will do it but you have to ask.
    Sometimes you come across teams that are desperate for the win or feel the the 3 players are good enough to play vs 4 players.
    And as long as they are not rude about it, you have to respect that too as its a league and not their fault someone dropped.

It certainly does not warrant an attempt at public naming and shaming though, not worth it and sort of contradictory.
    Last edited by SonixSquad; 24th Mar 2016 at 21:15.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Pathetic?
    Unhonorable? (It's 'dishonorable', by the way.)

You're on a forum for an online video game trying to shame strangers over a lack of honor - even when you won.
    You're on a forum for an online video game bragging and shaming the losers while blathering about honor and sportsmanship.
    Are you serious with that? How lacking in self-awareness must you be...

Of course, if there are two things that people just adore, it's sore winners and people who take things way too seriously.
    This isn't feudal Japan and your name is not Zuko. And you won.

But you want them ignored, ostracized, purged from the game and its community? Take a Xanax.
    If anything, people should quit playing with you. If this is your attitude after a victory...
    Frankly, I'd rather deal with the "dishonorable" people than the overwhelming degrees of BS you must have tumbling around in your head.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 24th Mar 2016 at 20:45.

Ygdrasel you can say whatever you want but it doesnt really matter. The truth remains the same - they lost 3vs4 behaving very low. It is your choise now to ignore them or communicate with people like them.

Isn´t it enough for you, that you won against them?
    You seem to be a professor in sportsmanship, mate.

Only a few days ago I had someone of this, it´s a 3v4, will someone sit? kind, in the other team.
    While he said that, someone joined and we lost someone.
    He didn´t even bother to sit. We didn´t even bother to ask.
    We won, end of story.
    So, I do not wonder that ppl don´t wanna sit, especially in a league game.

Calling/posting names in the forum is always like... yeah..

Originally Posted by Tunnel_VisionX
    Ygdrasel you can say whatever you want but it doesnt really matter. The truth remains the same - they lost 3vs4 behaving very low. It is your choise now to ignore them or communicate with people like them.
    The truth is that you're out of your mind rambling on as if the video game Nosgoth is some high-honor stakes and calling for community-wide shunning of some random players who didn't even personally insult or attack you. Also an unbelievable hypocrite with your "honor" and "sportsmanship" stuff.

I mean, if nobody asks for a sit-out, it's whatever. And yeah, if someone asks for one, it's a bit uncool when a team still refuses. But just "a bit uncool". Not even "high dishonorable treason against Jesus" or anything. I seriously think you need a new hobby if this one winds you up so much.

Okay, keep it civil guys.
    And please don't name and shame on the forums. By all means report if you believe you have a case, but please don't start a public witchhunt.
    Thanks.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Ygdrasel ok I heard your opinion and it is different of mine, it seems that you approve this type of behaving ingame. I just hope that all nosgoth community not like you.

Endsequenz I did it not for myself but fot other players, so when they see their nicknames they can decide to play with this kind of (i won't call them players anymore they just dont deserve it) beigns or not.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 24th Mar 2016 at 21:11. Reason: tou 16

However, lets just forget about this.
    We all have our mistakes, I guess.

The discussion about sitting or not is pretty difficult.
    I personally don´t care about sitting or not.

Have a good evening everybody.

If anything, I'd say you and your team were in the wrong for not immediately leaving after it became a 3v4. You shouldn't expect someone to sit around for fifteen minutes twiddling their thumbs just because your teammate's morale broke. Leave the game so everyone can start a new, real match.

I agree this is a really bad problem, and it's bad for the community.
    Because on one side you have the team with less players having an unfair match, getting angry and starting to rage.
    On the other you have the other team abusing the 4v3 to win, kinda creating an ideal "it's ok to be a jerk and exploit this to win".
    So in the end, we're cultivation a-holes...you know it's true when all matches have some sort of hostility.
    I've played since closed beta and i remember how common it was for people to voluntarily sit out of match so we could have 3v3 or even 2v2 (2 guys sitting).

Well, anyway...i wish something would be done about this...
    Many suggestions were made...my personal favorite was introducing a spawning round-robin, so you always have and "x vs x" match.
    For some reason this idea wasn't taken into consideration (probably cause it's not used in MOBAs), but they could at least built some form of surrender system.

Sure there were times i won a 4v3, but they're pretty rare. Most times it's just a massacre and i just wish i could surrender

Ygdrasel ok I heard your opinion and it is different of mine, it seems that you approve this type of behaving ingame. I just hope that all nosgoth community not like you.

Endsequenz I did it not for myself but fot other players, so when they see their nicknames they can decide to play with this kind of (i won't call them players anymore they just dont deserve it) beigns or not.
    Oh, don't misunderstand. I don't approve of it. I just approve much much much less of melodramatic ("DISHONOR!") witch-hunting ("SHUN!") hypocrisy ("SPORTSMANSHIP...But they're pathetic and I won anyway lol"). Frankly, I'd hope most of the community is like me in that respect but hey, potayto potawto...You do you, pal.

As far as sitting out goes, barring some kind of enforced system, all one can do is ask and hope for the best.

And in regard to an enforced system, say the game auto-selects a player to sit out and spectate until the teams rebalance, one runs the risk of irritating whoever's randomly selected to sit out. Unless the selection were to be swapped out at short intervals, one could imagine the sitter getting bored and bailing outright.

So, a vamp bails. The game randomly selects a vamp player to pop into the spectator seat. Minute, maybe half a minute later, it lets that player out and benches another. Rotation continues as such until a fourth vamp joins to even out the teams again.

It sounds fine on paper. Really could do to be tested.

Guys you really didn't get the point. I didn't want to raise a discussion about sitting or not in 3vs4. I had plenty of situations like this and they all were pretty typical and common, nothing special, just another lose, ofc i would never create a thread about such a boring thing. But this case is very special. These creatures refused to sit in 3vs4 (ok ordinary situation, not worth creating a thread). Then they abused 2 most op class (sentinel) when they realised that they are too pathetic to hold a 3vs4 without this abuse (this is getting pretty uncommon, but still, not worth creating a thread). Sacrificing their honor and sportsmanship and showing their true nature (puny pathetic pests) they should at least win right? NO, they lost. So summing up all this details i think that this situation is very out of the common, and i think that community is deserve to know nicknames of these "heroes". You can write here whatever you want, but i am sure that you would never want to have a player both completely dishonorable, low, and inexplicably bad at the game.

Also I can't decide for everyone to play with them or not, I can't press the "leave from lobby button" for other players, I just wanted to expose true personality of these beigns, so everyone can decide to play with them or not BY HIMSEL, i just give you a choise, nothing more. But rules don't allow me to post their nicknames so rules are taking this choice away from you, so next time, losing a fair 4vs4 while you did your best, and one of your teammates is so low that he cant even hold 3vs4 as most op class, so this loss is completely his fault, say thank to the rules.

On one hand i do understeand you Tunnel: when i am human and 3 guys jump me at the same time, because they want to get the last one standing from my team- i am pretty mad, and type "yeah you are real heroes" or "cowards" or whatever. Usual response is "this is team game, mate". "Yup, but dosen`t change the fact you are cowards".
    Or you have scout shooting at you arrow after arrow with dead eye accuracy, and you know he couldn`t see you. And so forth. As someone said above: this is competition, some level of hostility is needed. The more angry you get the more you want to win and try your hardest. It`s completly normal
    Before update i had matrch with players, i knew, are good. But thankfully my team was just as good, and near of the end of first round (we-humans, they-vampires) we were winning, so all 4 of them switched to sentinels. Imagine abduct after abduct aimed at your best player, then you and so on, and you can`t do Jack about it, because you have only one bola/hex. And yes, it did made me say "you cowardly ". But this was thier choice, and thier only hope of winning this round. But they didn`t abuse rules or cheated. It was, and still is perfectly ok to pick one class by entire team. I once had team of 4 hunters- we were sure, we lost before we started. 5 minutes into the match we had 15 points, they had 4. Gunning down everything that even remotely looked like moving target. Was that unfair? Cowardly?
    True, Sentinels that abduct and puncture before your character even has a chance to stand, and fight back is something that should go away
    But all players should pick whatever the hell they want- 4 decivers, 3 summoners and reaver- any combination they like. You won, so your teammates did well, good for you. They tried to gang up on you, you did the same and came on top. Be grateful

BUT: what i don`t understand is, how insensitive and shortsighted you are(Oh my Elder God... This is really coming from me???). You basically attack 4 people who were PLAYING VIDEO GAME!!! This ain`t Olipics and you won`t win a big freaking golden medal along with 30 milions of $$$. I`d understeand if you lost because one of your gusy left, and the moment he`s/she`s gone, they started whooping your butt and even didn`t have enough decency to shut up about how "awesome" they are. Yes, that is really madening, and there should be something done about it. But uintil then, your delicate sense of "honor" will be offended many times- take it fro me, someone who hates no-mano-a-mano fights.
    And yes, you`ll meet A LOT of people who change classes if the one they currently use just dies time after time. Not everyone is as stupid and/or stubborn as me to play only with Hunters and Reavers. You have complains? Direct them to Developers. But don`t offend other players

... Yuck. I sided with majority(shivers going down the spine)

These creatures...they abused...too pathetic...Sacrificing their honor and sportsmanship...puny pathetic pests...
    Do you...Know what honor and sportsmanship are?

There is so much hypocrisy in this thread that the OP is leaking it out of his .
    Last edited by Bazielim; 29th Mar 2016 at 00:31.

Not to mention- sportmanship and honorable behaviour requires, that winner should be understanding and empathic. Offer some comfort "you tried your best", "still, nice pounces/abducts/etc", "You win some, you lose some". "I lost 10 matches yesterday, and whinning didn`t help. Try one more time". Not being a merciless, low-lying-guys kicking, sore... winner. I promised Bazielim i won`t swear
    What you did is insulting, not helpfull. And we all are perfectly capable of deciding if we want to stick with our team, or abandon them and lose less points

Originally Posted by Heretic_13
    Not to mention- sportmanship and honorable behaviour requires, that winner should be understanding and empathic. Offer some comfort "you tried your best", "still, nice pounces/abducts/etc", "You win some, you lose some". "I lost 10 matches yesterday, and whinning didn`t help. Try one more time". Not being a merciless, low-lying-guys kicking, sore... winner. I promised Bazielim i won`t swear
    What you did is insulting, not helpfull. And we all are perfectly capable of deciding if we want to stick with our team, or abandon them and lose less points
    Designating one's irritation at losing as "whinning" (whining, by the way) isn't exactly understanding and empathetic.
    But the rest of that's a solid point.

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    "Whinning" (whining, by the way)
    Mistake, i hit keyboard one time too many
    If you will be like: "You poor, poor boys/girls/... whatever you are/ tried your best, don`t worry tomorrow will be better"- they`ll think you are mocking them.
    Usually "get your together and shoot me!!!" does the trick :P