Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - 23rd March 2016

Patch Notes - 23rd March 2016

Patch Notes - 23rd March 2016

Today's update primarily focuses on crushing bugs and making a number of balancing tweaks.

Sonic Boom
    Following a considerable amount of feedback from the community, we have made a number of changes to Sonic Boom in order to bring it more closely in line with other abilities in Nosgoth.
    • Minimum Cooldown: Sonic Boom’s minimum cooldown timer is now just under 8 seconds.
    • Trigger Time & Sound Effect: Sonic Boom now features a 0.75s trigger time combined with a sound effect, providing the human team with a small amount of warning prior to the attack.

Crash On Exit
    As of the update on the 14th of March, the Nosgoth executable had a difficult time saying farewell to you lovely people, and would often embrace your PC with an unrelenting farewell hug. We’ve sat down with the executable and had a heart to heart chat. It now understands that while a wonderful notion, not everyone can play 24/7.

Nosgoth no longer crashes on exit.

The Desktop Launcher
    We’re rolling out the initial phase of Desktop Launcher Testing. You can now download the desktop launcher by logging into www.Nosgoth.com and clicking the play button.

If you experience any oddities with the launcher, please feel free to report them here.

Loading Screen Tips
    Nosgoth’s loading screens have been updated to provide helpful tips and info for new and ever improving players. A little while ago, we asked the community to put forward their own suggestions, many of which have formed the basis for the tips being added to the game today.

The Smoke Thickens
    As the fires continue to burn, the concentration of smoke and smog across the land continues to increase.
    The following maps now have darker skies:
    • Freeport
    • Provance
    • Valeholm

General Improvements & Bug Fixes
    • Beastmaster Ability Videos have been added to the in-game store
    • A number of doors in The Fane have been given a new lick of paint
    • The Desktop Launcher now displays the store page correctly
    • It is no longer possible to launch Nosgoth on Steam and Desktop variants from the same account
    • The Daily Challenge to achieve 30000 Team Score no longer bugs out for some players
    • Chain Lightning no longer illuminates a cloaked Scout
    • Random parties will no longer be created when exiting a match/lobby/tutorial
    • In Capture the Body, the body is consistently represented by a body icon, rather than dot, on the mini map.
    • The Deceiver’s Dominate Mind now breaks the concentration required by the Beastmaster to maintain his bird form. Should a Treshawk be controlled by Dominate Mind, the Beastmaster will automatically revert to his Human form
    • Having had the opportunity to study the Beastmaster’s transformation process, Deceiver’s no longer lose control of the Beastmaster when he transitions out of his Treshawk form.
    • It is no longer possible to log out of the launcher while Nosgoth is running. This has been done to improve live service stability.
    • The launcher now automatically closes all of its overlay windows when logging out
    • Logging into the launcher via Facebook now displays an improved login window

Known Issue
    • On the rare occasion, the map loading screen may bug out, resulting in a rather odd view of the map.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 23rd Mar 2016 at 17:41.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith

Crash On Exit
    As of the update on the 14th of March, the Nosgoth executable had a difficult time saying farewell to you lovely people, and would often embrace your PC with an unrelenting farewell hug. We’ve sat down with the executable and had a heart to heart chat. It now understands that while a wonderful notion, not everyone can play 24/7.

Nosgoth no longer crashes on exit.
    Whoehahahaha, thats a good one.

Thanks for the update.

In Capture the Body, the body is consistently represented by a body icon, rather than dot, on the mini map.
    OMG, when is CTB comming back? Sooner than soon please.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

The launcher now automatically closes all of its overlay windows when logging out.
    What exactly does that mean? When you close it it actually closes and not hide in the tray, or does it close when the game closes automatically?

Sounds like a huge improvement, but any news on the league points? Just an acknowledgment of the issues and a plan for compensation will do for now if you don't have an ETA on a fix yet. Although the sooner, the better. Do you expect to be able to fix the points server side?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Is there an estimated down time? And is there a fix for not being able to properly make a group(without restarting 100+ times and hoping for luck)?

Looks like a good patch, i hope it works as intended.

Good to see that parties wont be created randomly anymore.
    But any news on actually creating parties on purpose? Cause thats almost impossible atm and the patchnotes dont mention it.

A few steps in the right direction.

Now BM needs a little more love. Swoop needs damage other than the simple knockdown damage. Even if you knock them down they have the reduced damage for a short time and the 2+ shots I put in them at point blank is a COMPLETE WASTE. The hit box for swoop is stupidly small and NEEDS the damage.
    Maybe add an "air-brake" for bird form via hold shift in air to hover.

Why is the launcher not being closed after hitting "Play"? Just sitting around wasting resources AND IT'S NOT EVEN NEEDED IN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll be a little while before Capture the Body returns.

The launcher window fix specifically targets logging out of the launcher. Doing so closes any open windows in the launcher. It doesn't change any other behavior, including minimising to the tray.

There are no changes specifically targeting Leagues with this update.

There are still issues when it comes to creating parties. We're working to fix those with future updates. In the meantime, if rather than restarting the game 100 times as you say, you if everyone in a broken party restarts, the next party that they create should work correctly.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

There are still issues when it comes to creating parties. We're working to fix those with future updates. In the meantime, if rather than restarting the game 100 times as you say, you if everyone in a broken party restarts, the next party that they create should work correctly.

Should, but really doesn't. A few days ago I tried to make a party with three other friends and, let me tell you, spending two and a half hours on that conundrum is almost as much fun as getting Pounced on three times within 10-15 seconds.
    Observing what little feedback I can get from the client, I was left with the impression that the game isn't always properly aware if someone in your friend list is or is not online, which might explain why half the time we could only get three people in the party, while the fourth accepted the invitations to no avail.
    And also, I'd like to get a good explanation as to why we reached a stage where I was in a party with friend A on my screen, while friend B and C were not. On their screens, B was in a party with A; C was in a party with me; and A himself saw me and B in his party. Why, in the first place, does the game assume it possible for one person to be in 3 different parties?
    I'm left with the impression that the way partying was coded was rather lofty and prone to a plethora of logical errors. Or is it the way the client communicates with the server? At any rate, it is outright ridiculous.

That and the seemingly worse matchmaking are the true problems brought by the last patch. The crash on exit was amusing at best, but this practically breaks part of the game's experience and forces people to play in PUGs. And let's be honest, who can honestly say that they have faith in PUGs?

Great to see some fixes! Just hope the parties are going to completely get fixed soon, as that was a major annoyance.

Looking forward to checking out the new boom.

excellent patch well done!!
    signature image

It'll be a little while before Capture the Body returns.

The launcher window fix specifically targets logging out of the launcher. Doing so closes any open windows in the launcher. It doesn't change any other behavior, including minimising to the tray.

There are no changes specifically targeting Leagues with this update.

Are you saying the newly introduced point deductions for an unbalanced match timing out before it starts and for quitting a 3v4 match are all by design? If you don't want to change the rules mid-season, you should be aware they already have been. It's caused a huge amount of disruption to fair play.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 23rd Mar 2016 at 18:14.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Opening the new launcher, it may occur that you get a black square where the launcher window should be. When this happens, quit the program and restart it as admin. Now it should work.
    signature image

"The launcher now automatically closes all of its overlay windows when logging out"
    If by this you mean the launcher closes itself after exiting the game well that is a lie and my launcher is not exiting after quitting.
    So yeah... disappointing patch yet again.

Today's update primarily focuses on crushing bugs and making a number of balancing tweaks.

Sonic Boom
    Following a considerable amount of feedback from the community, we have made a number of changes to Sonic Boom in order to bring it more closely in line with other abilities in Nosgoth.
    • Minimum Cooldown: Sonic Boom’s minimum cooldown timer is now just under 8 seconds.
    • Trigger Time & Sound Effect: Sonic Boom now features a 0.75s trigger time combined with a sound effect, providing the human team with a small amount of warning prior to the attack.
    This seems appropriate. I have to say, I really enjoyed that there was a level of skill involved with using Sonic Boom so quickly but this is probably for the best. 300 damage repeatedly so often was overkill. Sonic Boom is a welcome addition to the line up with these changes.

Very good news....BUT....

1) Nothing on match-making? Is it still slow af?(League's were unplayable last time i played)

2) No tweak on Beast-master? That Savage Perk needs a nerf, and i was hoping they'd reduce his shotgun spread a bit.

Same Bugs are still here, did you forget to add the fixes in the patch or something? This is bad and just damn sad.

Sonic Boom is bugged.
    No collision with Humans ....

And the game crash again.
    RUN OUT FROM MEMORY ...

So no answer to the horrible ranked matchmaking system. Here I thought you guys were going to fix it today so those who started playing ranked after the BM patch can start going through the ranks again to earn the season rewards, but I guess not. And no plans to do it for the rest of the season too? This is a major disappointment and just downright pathetic. You guys sure seem like you don't give a rat's ass about the little players that you still have left.

I have to echo some of the concerns about this month's League mentioned above. I was fairly close to getting to Blood V just to get this month's cosmetic item, but without being able to get matches I won't reach that goal. I hope there is some kind of consideration for that skin prize because the Beastmaster/Launcher patch has put a serious dent in everyone's game time in Leagues.

I'm also going to have to call Psyonix out on "moving the goal posts."

Oghamsmith said that canceling or shortening this month's league would be moving the goal posts, but then we get a massive patch, new class, and a way overpowered ability in the previous form of Sonic Boom to contend with in the middle of a season, and that's not moving the goal posts? Sorry, but it is. In a completely hypocritical fashion, Psyonix did the exact opposite of maintaining the integrity of a league season. This isn't even the first time Psyonix has done this. I'm sure it will be rationalized, as in, "This is beta," but that's called cognitive dissonance.

No its fine. Thanks for patch. But now serious, when the real patch is coming? I mean patch fixing still broken party system (yes, we still need to restart game 100 times to get in to the party and yes, we still need to restart and do this ritual again after every game)? You know that without party its like half of a game is not existing? And we can add there still broken rankeds so we got like 1/3 of game (maybe). Whole community was one voice after season 5.0. Everyone said "do some brake between seasons, take your time with patch and then start next one". You wont listen and now you keeping run season 6.0 when nobody can play one week between patches and i think nobody will play it even after patch. But its not about how its working, its about prizes right? Not rly. Rly good job with sonic bomb. I like that change. One good thing with this patch. But at the end im disappointed. Almost like after every patch. (sorry for broken english)
    Last edited by Gilgamesz1; 23rd Mar 2016 at 21:54.

Thanks for the intended fixes. Pretty disappointed that I still can't play because queues are taking a half hour or more, during what I would figure to be a busy time (6-10 PM EST). Not sure why this wouldn't be a priority since it seems to be affecting multiple people. Roll the changes back at least until you figure it out, that way we can enjoy the game. Again, something that makes your game unplayable most of the time should be a priority to fix.

Originally Posted by Master-Antonio
    Sonic Boom is bugged.
    No collision with Humans ....
    It's no bug...they broke the ability.

They nerf it so it only does dmg after 0.75 sec after activation.
    Doesn't seem like much, but with an ability which you can't curve...it's nearly useless now.

Damn, i try to be understanding and reasonable...but , with every new patch they seem to break something new.
    Another ability to the trash, and they will only fix it in like 2 weeks...IF they fix it.
    And party system still is bugged...after a match, if party is disbanded, i can't re-invite my friends.
    Also Leagues is still broken (although at least it seems TDM is working)

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen

Doesn't seem like much, but with an ability which you can't curve...it's nearly useless now.
    I rather have a borderline useless underpowered ability than a blantantly brokenly OP one.

So thx very much!
    I agree, the ability is very useless now, it needs to be steerable and should not knock you down on collision with a wall, but simply end, like the Tyrant Charge does, but for now - all I care about is not havin 2-4 SB Noobinels in the enemy team.

On an unrelated matter: CYA in 4 weeks - you fixed the game just in time to give me one more day of relative enjoyment.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen

Damn, i try to be understanding and reasonable...but , with every new patch they seem to break something new.
    Another ability to the trash, and they will only fix it in like 2 weeks...IF they fix it.
    And party system still is bugged...after a match, if party is disbanded, i can't re-invite my friends.
    Also Leagues is still broken (although at least it seems TDM is working)
    Dont collision with the humans, in fact when i active them and the sentinel turns on itself does not create the flashes like first ...
    Can you controll your update first to release it?
    Last edited by Master-Antonio; 23rd Mar 2016 at 22:49.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last