Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - 23rd March 2016

Patch Notes - 23rd March 2016

Originally Posted by TheDreamcrusher
    I have to echo some of the concerns about this month's League mentioned above. I was fairly close to getting to Blood V just to get this month's cosmetic item, but without being able to get matches I won't reach that goal. I hope there is some kind of consideration for that skin prize because the Beastmaster/Launcher patch has put a serious dent in everyone's game time in Leagues.

I'm also going to have to call Psyonix out on "moving the goal posts."

Oghamsmith said that canceling or shortening this month's league would be moving the goal posts, but then we get a massive patch, new class, and a way overpowered ability in the previous form of Sonic Boom to contend with in the middle of a season, and that's not moving the goal posts? Sorry, but it is. In a completely hypocritical fashion, Psyonix did the exact opposite of maintaining the integrity of a league season. This isn't even the first time Psyonix has done this. I'm sure it will be rationalized, as in, "This is beta," but that's called cognitive dissonance.
    I agree with that. And like I said before, the new quit penalties for circumstances beyond our control is also moving the goalposts. Until the beastmaster patch, points were only deducted if you were the first player to quit, but now you get points deducted if you quit after seeing the "Match unbalanced, will end in X seconds" message, even if it times out and ends by itself, and also after the "It is now safe to leave message". This happens every single time and no one will even admit it's happening.

Oghamsmith, Psyonix_Ryan, what can I do to prove it? Screenshots don't come with a time stamp or anything to show point deduct reason.

It's right here in the patch notes that only the first player to leave is supppsed to get the point deduction.
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=174553

Originally Posted by Saikocat
    Only the first leaver in a match will be punished, once one person has left you will be safe to leave the match as well, with no penalty.
    ^^This has been reverted in the beastmaster patch.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 24th Mar 2016 at 01:08.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I agree with that. And like I said before, the new quit penalties for circumstances beyond our control is also moving the goalposts. Until the beastmaster patch, points were only deducted if you were the first player to quit, but now you get points deducted if you quit after seeing the "Match unbalanced, will end in X seconds" message, even if it times out and ends by itself, and also after the "It is now safe to leave message". This happens every single time and no one will even admit it's happening.

Oghamsmith, Psyonix_Ryan, what can I do to prove it? Screenshots don't come with a time stamp or anything to show point deduct reason.
    I lost 200 points in ranked with your last update super bugged , is a shame. For you is normal? All this sucks. I request like many players of to restart this league because is unplayable , or give all this point lost, or give the tyrant skin to all. The points system before of this update was completely broken . WIN = -14 ( Other times was +2 ) DRAW = - 2 LOST = -14 . Sometimes the game given a penality -20 points without did nothing ( when i clicked leagues ) ........
    Last edited by Master-Antonio; 23rd Mar 2016 at 23:03.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    I rather have a borderline useless underpowered ability than a blantantly brokenly OP one.

So thx very much!
    I agree, the ability is very useless now, it needs to be steerable and should not knock you down on collision with a wall, but simply end, like the Tyrant Charge does, but for now - all I care about is not havin 2-4 SB Noobinels in the enemy team.

On an unrelated matter: CYA in 4 weeks - you fixed the game just in time to give me one more day of relative enjoyment.
    I totally agree. Sonic Boom can still be perfected but that was one of the quickest and best balance hotfixes I have ever seen from you guys! Thank you very much. The bugabusing has an end.

Next would propably be the beastmaster with the melee talent. About the shotgun spread I don't know yet. We should have one more month of playtime to judge the beastmaster completely. It's strengths lie in teamplay and his abilities. Not his guns. It's working quite well for me at the moment. So making his guns better would make the beastmaster too overpowered (unless his abilities would be nerfed).

The party system is the most pressing issue which needs a fix.
    You propably have to add one more week to the current ranked season to satisfy those frustrated by it right now.
    I honestly don't really care about it at the moment

All in all a good first bugfixing patch.
    Feel free to join over 300 of us on the Nosgoth Discord Server using one of those links:
    http://discord.me/nosgoth | https://discord.gg/0oMyND4Vc3HhNtvz

Just a reminder: The friend referral link, when logged in to a square enix account, is currently broken....
    https://www.nosgoth.com/friend_referral

Please fix it. Thank you.
    signature image

Agreed on having a slightly underpowered ability than a stupidly spammable one is the better of two evils.

The game doesn't crash anymore, thats good.

Matchmaking in League seems to still take a while but the matches seem relatively balanced so I can't complain if thats the reason why. But so far it works and no more ghosts post match forcing quits.

Thanks for the pre-easter patch - enjoy your holidays!
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Undocumented change - Sentinel's Sonic Screech(aka Echolocation) no longer highlights Scouts that are using Camouflage.

Is this intended or a bug?

Nice update there is one small problem that might have flown under the radar and that's the new lobby screen has a bright sunlight effect that makes chat really hard to read.

Also is nothing to be done, not just about the scoring for the matches in League, but the fact it adds on matches you haven't even played? I flagged this in a bug report last week but had no response. Even though I am decent, but not amazing player, I can't scrape out of Silver into my usual Blood because I log in and find the same number of wins but extra matches added on that I never entered.
    signature image

I'm still suck in perpetual 'syncing online profile' when a single match ends so I'm forced to try and log off my computer in order to even close Nosgoth.

awesome patch. 100$ from ranked secured because its still unplayable and sonic boom got nerfed into uselessness. 2 good things in one patch, unbelievable

better uselessness than op spam . better use abduct.

- Party system completely broken, restarting for all memebers doesnt help. 90% of the times some bug occurs. This is a major issue, to me its the major of all and its not fixed. More than 1 week in this embarassing state. Consider that this is meant to be a TEAM BASED game but you cant play in a team that u want.

- Every single time that i start the game (and i start at least 20 times every session cause of restarting) I have the "placement" screen for every single league from alpha 1 to 6.0 My friends dont have it.. but i can assure u that it is very annoying cause it causes huge microlag and i have to click "ok" 6 time every time.

- 30% of the time the launcher is a black screen, 30% i cant click the play button. Sometime I can start the game properly after several restarts.

- The game is full of deceiver clones and summoner stalkers that dont die. And the tyrant corpses make a huge noise very often

- League points still broken.

- Sometimes I cant even start the game cause i just get a complete black screen

- Launcher is still terrible and u forced us to loose many options.

- Sonic boom changes are fine at least and also the waiting times seems better

Overall for me the game is still unplayable considering I play in party 90% of the times and I cant even play properly sometimes cause the game just doesnt start

I got to try the beastmaster a bit more now that I finished league for this season (as long at I stay in blood). I think some of his casting times are a bit slow and his shotgun could do with applying some stun or knock back to the vampires. Swoop should cover more distance and the flapping sound needs to be distinct from sentinel. That's just my opinion, but I think people will at least agree with that last part.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    Agreed on having a slightly underpowered ability than a stupidly spammable one is the better of two evils.
    I think you're being too kind...the ability is too predictable and hard to hit now. In real matches it's no use, like Immolation or Judgement. Hope devs take away this stupid delay...
    Just CD increase might have been enough, but if they had to nerf it more they should have gone with scaling dmg idea:
    The longer you spin the more dmg you do, so 1 sec activation would do little dmg...

I got to try the beastmaster a bit more now that I finished league for this season (as long at I stay in blood). I think some of his casting times are a bit slow
    I think this may be intended...after i got used to it, i felt Power Shot is really good. So a faster activation might make it OP, dunno.
    On the other hand, Lighting seems pretty useless:
    vampire needing to be near to get hit + slow cast time + low dmg = Very bad and sad ability.
    I would suggest increasing it's cast time and range significantly...even if that would mean reducing the dmg 150 → 100, for example.

and his shotgun could do with applying some stun or knock back to the vampires. Swoop should cover more distance and
    Someone said they thought the shotgun didn't seem to have stopping power...i didn't test myself though.
    Swoop seems fine to me.

the flapping sound needs to be distinct from sentinel. That's just my opinion, but I think people will at least agree with that last part.
    +1
    And also give Lightning and Leyline their own sound too...they're the same as Eldritch Guard.

I got to try the beastmaster a bit more now that I finished league for this season (as long at I stay in blood). I think some of his casting times are a bit slow and his shotgun could do with applying some stun or knock back to the vampires. Swoop should cover more distance and the flapping sound needs to be distinct from sentinel. That's just my opinion, but I think people will at least agree with that last part.
    Ability cast times are ok. Instant power shot would make it broken. And a stun or knockback on his shotgun? That would be so broken lol

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    Ability cast times are ok. Instant power shot would make it broken. And a stun or knockback on his shotgun? That would be so broken lol
    Do you count stopping power as the same thing? Maybe just increasing that would be good enough. What about the casting time for chain lightning? I think a few others have said that seems a bit long.

Do you count stopping power as the same thing? Maybe just increasing that would be good enough. What about the casting time for chain lightning? I think a few others have said that seems a bit long.
    just from playing beastmaster i think his shotgun is completely fine without. he has strong cc with powershot and a free out of jail card with his birdform and a decent meleeroll so hes not dependent on it. also lightning is trash in the current state because an ability with 100 dmg shouldnt have a cast-time at all.

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    just from playing beastmaster i think his shotgun is completely fine without. he has strong cc with powershot and a free out of jail card with his birdform and a decent meleeroll so hes not dependent on it. also lightning is trash in the current state because an ability with 100 dmg shouldnt have a cast-time at all.
    +1

Although it's actually 150 dmg...but i agree. I also think it should have longer range.

Shouldn't league, queues, party, friendlist, name change, can't get past syncing screen, can't connect to party system, the non closing launcher and league points system be a priority now?Don't get me wrong,a new lick of paint in doors was a must but what about the less important things like be able to play?

I just can't get into any games, cause when client loaded it shows a message saying: " Can't access to server" or " Party system is not working , please link your square enix to the steam one" or " failed to enter the matchmaking queue" ...
    I've got 3 games so far,lost every match cause MM kept me with noobs vs decents ,so , that's enough for me.
    See you when You fix this mess.
    Another old player going away.Thanks for ruining this game.
    Last edited by J_Walker; 26th Mar 2016 at 21:40.

Originally Posted by J_Walker
    I just can't get into any games, cause when client loaded it shows a message saying: " Can't access to server" or " Party system is not working , please link your square enix to the steam one" or " failed to enter the matchmaking queue" ...
    I've got 3 games so far,lost every match cause MM kept me with noobs vs decents ,so , that's enough for me.
    See you when You fix this mess.
    Another old player going away.Thanks for ruining this game.
    ^This

Can Psyonix and SE try AT LEAST to show us that they care about this great game ? 'Cause it will die, plain and simple. I can't play with my friends, either we don't see any friends in-game, either we do but can't accept invite, or we can, but don't end up in the lobby together. One out of two times, "blabla please link your blabla" and impossible to play, one out of three times, black screen on the launcher or the game, have to restart. Leagues still broken... Are you kidding me ? Are you playing your game ?

We all have been more than patient, and everytime, we've been quite civil. But enough is enough. I don't know why you push this launcher and stupid system down our throat... But it isn't working. HEAR THE VOICE OF YOUR PLAYERBASE AND CONSUMERS FFS. Me and 5 friends just stopped playing after hours of unsuccessful tries.

Great way to ruin an amazing game and piss off your playerbase for stupid reasons. It might be too late...
    Last edited by Bazielim; 27th Mar 2016 at 14:54.

yeah me too.. i need several restart to play and sometimes i just give up. Square enix account not linked, problem connecting to the party server (also if i search solo), complete black screen, launcher play button uncickable etc. We would really like to be able to play^^

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    yeah me too.. i need several restart to play and sometimes i just give up. Square enix account not linked, problem connecting to the party server (also if i search solo), complete black screen, launcher play button uncickable etc. We would really like to be able to play^^
    Yeah, same thing for everyone !

I really want to know though... Are they so eager to force this launcher/SE account thing for everyone that they'd prefer a broken party system (to the point where people are just giving up on playing) over the old system as long as the launcher is implemented ? That doesn't make sense, it's just sabotaging the game at this point.

In case noone talked about it yet: Pls nerf the "+200% dmg when under 50% life"Beastmaster Talent, 300 dmg per mellee hit is too much, way too much, it shouldnt be possible for a puny human to do more mellee dmg than a tyrant

Originally Posted by Nurgor
    Pls nerf the "+200% dmg when under 50% life"Beastmaster Talent
    no. counter by burstdamage ie skills and charged melee attack.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last