Thread: Flying Beastmaster and Dominate Mind

Flying Beastmaster and Dominate Mind

  1. #1

    Flying Beastmaster and Dominate Mind

    So yeah, I wanted to give this a test to see if I can Mind Control a flying Beastmaster to my advantage, my thoughts were: "hey, if the Beastmaster is flying maybe I can make him go higher and then make him fall to his death! GENIUS!"

    I tested this theory and managed to to mind control a flying Beastmaster but instead of being able to fly, he is constantly on the ground as if he is human form and walking, this was a major disappointment, I really thought Dominate Mind would have a bigger use now that there is a human that can fly for a short duration.

    What a way to keep DM useless Psyonix, but then I thought: "Maybe because I did it in between the transformation?" so I wanna know with you guys, can we use flying Beastmaster to our advantage with DM or is it just scripted really badly?

    PS @Psyonix

    Fix your goddamn game already!

  2. #2
    I think they do this for prevent your plan.

  3. #3
    But why? They keep adding more things that makes humans less punishable like the invisible wall in Freeport for example, Sentinel's can grab flying BM's and Reavers can even pounce on them if they are lucky but they disallow Deceivers to use a good potential with DM, it's ridiculous.

  4. #4
    DM is hardly useless...

    And I imagine if one could DM the hawks, there'd be many complaints from Beastmasters getting dropped to their deaths. And it would rather decrease the worth of the Sentinel's main skill.

    The invisible wall in Freeport is a bother but there was a thread about that once and the larger vote seemed to be that there was no satisfactory method to allow for removing it: Whether they should die outright (as vampires would/do) when submerged in water, how to get them back to land...

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    And I imagine if one could DM the hawks, there'd be many complaints from Beastmasters getting dropped to their deaths. And it would rather decrease the worth of the Sentinel's main skill.
    To me this is a risk you're suppose to take...
    I agree with OP, and think we should be able to control the birdy.

  6. #6
    I prefer the fact that it drops you. It's a hard counter to an otherwise generally uncountered skill. It makes sense, like all other forms of CC, that it rips you from bird form and you take fall damage accordingly.
    signature image

  7. #7
    Errm whenever I have DM'd a BM, and he was still in Bird form, I controlled the flight. Obviously when the flight timer runs out, you transform back.
    Last edited by SonixSquad; 24th Mar 2016 at 00:13.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    Errm whenever I have DM'd a BM, and he was still in Bird form, I controlled the flight. Obviously when the flight timer runs out, you transform back.
    New patch notes: "The Deceiver’s Dominate Mind now breaks the concentration required by the Beastmaster to maintain his bird form. Should a Treshawk be controlled by Dominate Mind, the Beastmaster will automatically revert to his Human form"

    So it seems even if that were the case, it won't be now. But he'll still be controlled in human form.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    New patch notes: "The Deceiver’s Dominate Mind now breaks the concentration required by the Beastmaster to maintain his bird form. Should a Treshawk be controlled by Dominate Mind, the Beastmaster will automatically revert to his Human form"

    So it seems even if that were the case, it won't be now. But he'll still be controlled in human form.
    Not sure if that's possible in the games current state.

    It's certainly a good idea, it'd make plenty of sense and essentially do the same thing that it does now, but I've noticed something

    If he falls and you release control, the falling damage doesn't count for you.

    Also...

    If you control a Threshawk and his timer runs out, he will convert back to human and BREAK your dom.

    I'm 90% sure this is a thing. I've dominated several flying BMs, only for them to fall on a rooftop safely, then revert back to human and break my dom.

    It's just... silly...

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Raptr0s
    Not sure if that's possible in the games current state.

    It's certainly a good idea, it'd make plenty of sense and essentially do the same thing that it does now, but I've noticed something

    If he falls and you release control, the falling damage doesn't count for you.

    Also...

    If you control a Threshawk and his timer runs out, he will convert back to human and BREAK your dom.

    I'm 90% sure this is a thing. I've dominated several flying BMs, only for them to fall on a rooftop safely, then revert back to human and break my dom.

    It's just... silly...

    Story-wise, that makes sense. The treshawk transformation is a mind-swap affair. The minds reverting back could very well disorient and throw off a Deceiver's grasp.

    But gameplay-wise, definitely a little silly...