Thread: Beastmastery Assistance

Beastmastery Assistance

Beastmastery Assistance

I've yet to really play all possible equipment; but after all my failing and raging, I've found my sweet spot with the Beastmaster. I don't really see that many Beastmasters these past few days and I can't help but think it's likely due to the same problems I had.

The devs may change things some time soon; but until then I thought it'd be nice to share whatever advice you can share about how to play Beastmaster.

I'll go first and I'll start with my loadout:
    Heavy Shotgun, Powershot, Nature's Fury, Swoop, and Ammo Buff

*I use Heavy Shotgun because of the damage and the spread makes it almost impossible to miss Nature's Fury when setting it off in the air. You can harass at short range but it's best used up close for full damage, so I wait til I am on top of them after coming up from behind or or running up on them following a Powershot.

*I depend on Nature's Fury more than anything else, I first engage with Nature's Fury in almost every situation and use it again as soon as possible.

*I follow with Powershot once the enemy is coming at me, I'll use it at the start to buy time to finish a vamp off or to go Treshawk and escape if more than one healthy vampire is coming at me. Of course I'll also use Powershot to help protect teammates as well.

*Depending on where my health is I will use Swoop to either aid a teammate or gun it (more than a phrase) to a health station or respawned teammates if I'm all that is left. With Swoop I can obviously engage enemies like designed; but if you angle it right you can also use Swoop to blast forward to where you wanna go.

Let us know what you work with and what you find is the best ways to use it, Cheers!
    Last edited by GenFeelGood; 22nd Mar 2016 at 17:51.

I use a similar loadout.

Nature's fury + power shot + repeating shotgun.

Nature's fury has been the life defining ability for me, if i get it wrong i usually die...so the repeating shotgun serves as a good way to ensure i hit it.
    For one it has more ammo per clip, so i don't accidentally have to reload when i use it; and if i miss the first shot, i can try again very soon cause of rate of fire.

The best combo so far is using nature's fury after a power shot...a vampire usually sticks with the idea to melee you to death, so if u can power shot him away (he'll miss a few melee's trying to get close) and then u can use nature fury to finish him off.

EDIT: oh yeah, almost forgot...last loadout suggestion is to use savagery perk. You get 300 dmg per melee attack when under 50% health. With this you don't even need to bother with any tactic, just hold melee till vampire is dead.

======//=====
    Reviewing his abilities, i feel lightning is really bad by comparison with nature's fury...i found out it has a limited range (vampires need to be close or it wont work), which is really bad since you won't be able to damage vampires enough to get kills.
    Swoop seems much better than wrath of fire bird, since it seems nearly impossible to get hits with those fire balls.

I haven't tried Lyeline much since i don't want to ruin the power shot + nature's fury combo...so i can't say much about it.

my 2 loadout are:
    1) hunter shotgun+ powershot + nature fury + swoop
    2) repeating shotgun+ leyline + nature fury + swoop

shotgun and heavy shotgun doesnt cut for me, with lightning i cannot hit relaiably so nature fury its better allround, havent tried WotF yet, but with swoop i can relocate across the map easely.
    Powershot its still too slugghish when casted but leyline on a 7 clip shotgun its wasted IMO. working to get savagery (its OP xD)

Originally Posted by Mardek
    my 2 loadout are:
    ...working to get savagery (its OP xD)
    This is it right here, it's gross dealing 600 dmg to a vamp in few swings. When vampires start getting nervous about closing to melee with a wounded beastmaster it's OP.

Originally Posted by Zieche
    This is it right here, it's gross dealing 600 dmg to a vamp in few swings. When vampires start getting nervous about closing to melee with a wounded beastmaster it's OP.
    Yeah...it's kinda silly you really. But guess i'll have to join the party and use this exploit while they don't patch.

Which btw, i was disappointed they didn't nerf it in today's patch...hope they address this in next one.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Yeah...it's kinda silly you really. But guess i'll have to join the party and use this exploit while they don't patch.

Which btw, i was disappointed they didn't nerf it in today's patch...hope they address this in next one.
    The Beastmaster is pretty weak except for that perk and the natures fury bomb... which can only be cast every 10 seconds.
    The shotguns are just awful regarding damage, spread and recoil.

Imo beastmaster is pretty strong even without the melee talent. Powershot + Natures Fury is a really really strong combination.
    Considefing the bomb, would you even want less cooldown on it? I think 10 seconds is already close to nothing. Also if you would make his weapons a lot stronger now he would be unbeatable. I like that he is very weak with his guns. It makes this class a lot different from the others and a lot if fun.
    As always teamplay is the key. If you just fly away from your mates and take 4 vsmpires on by yourself on one of the roofs, you are pretty f*d.
    The only thing i sould wish for is a little nerf on the melee talent and maybe also very slightly on the bomb. But that would be all for the moment.
    Feel free to join over 300 of us on the Nosgoth Discord Server using one of those links:
    http://discord.me/nosgoth | https://discord.gg/0oMyND4Vc3HhNtvz