Page 3 of 3 First First 123

Thread: Status Update 17th March 2016

Status Update 17th March 2016

I just lost points for someone else quitting and the match auto-finishing.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Nice to hear about the friends thing.

What about the imaginary games in ranked ? I stopped playing ranked 24 hours after the update, I lost 5 games since then, without playing
    Any ideas regarding this issue ?

I've noticed that in your friends list, when your friends are in-game it only says "In Nosgoth" and never says "In Lobby" or what map or anything they're playing like it use to. Was this intentional to no longer be able to see if our friends are currently in a match or not?

I also really enjoy that tyrant skin! However, I think that would of been a better option for a league prize than a simple re-color. [Seeing as the human skins were similar and not a re-color.]
    Beast master has been very fun, even to play against. Abducting, pouncing, and DMing the birds has been the best.

Any word on when we're going to get a change/nerf to Sonic Boom? It's made ranked games even more insufferable when every game is 2-3 people spamming it. [Ontop of it taking over an hour to find matches that aren't broken lobbies.]

Thanks for keeping us updated on everything, you're awesome
    signature image

Oghamsmith,

What threads get noticed the most for suggestions? I've seen a lot of really solid ideas lately and want to make sure they get consolidated and seen by the dev team.

Ranked queues are taking HOURS. The game is putting a 'ghost' player in to the parties of players (myself included) and it prevents duo queues and potentially slows the actual time for "finding more players" significantly. Not to mention whatever changes to matchmaking you said yourself the team made but absolutely did not document in the patch notes... Matchmaking has always been atrocious but now it ia particularly awful. Revert ranked to however it was pre-patch. As far as normals their matchmaking is actually far more strict than ranked and always has been, which makes no sense. I know I have VERY high normal TDM MMR and it will take me forever to find games because when I queue it searchs from the "top down" for a lobby. If it eventually finds one then, if that lobby is not full or if the MMR of ALL the players in that lobby isn't incredibly low, I'm then slowing down the process for someone to queue into our lobby by raising the lobby's MMR significantly. This system makes sense for ranked, but NOT for normal TDM.
    FIZ QUEUEGOTH
    FIX LOBBYGOTH

General friends list complaints definitely reiterated here.

Sonic boom needs an activation sound and a FULL cooldown. Just include it in the perk that resets cooldown on kill if you insist on shortening the cooldown. The skill is too hard to read to be even remotely spammable.

Beastmaster is amazing fun to play. I feel like all of his weapons besides the Hunter's shotgun are so restricted by spread that they're almost unusable. Add on the long(er) reload and it just seems unwise to use them. I've done in excess of 20k dmg in a round using the Hunter's shotgun and power shot / nature's fury. I am very familiar with shotguns in other games so maybe that was just an extremely lucky round but he can perform extremely well. I will say his savagery perk is a BIG part of what makes him able to do good damage. If you were to nerf or remove that he would lose a lot of his fun and fighting ability.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Those are features that would be nice to bring to Nosgoth, however they're not currently on the roadmap.
    Need that sugar dude, please.^^

Exclamation friends list empty

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Hello everyone,

We a backend update out today to address the issue whereby friends had successfully been imported into the launcher, but weren't making it into the game. Friends should now be imported successfully into both the launcher and game.
    My friends list in-game is completely empty even though I have them in the launcher.

EDIT: Just tried again and it worked.
    Last edited by vampirelucky; 22nd Mar 2016 at 00:05.

Originally Posted by vampirelucky
    My friends list in-game is completely empty even though I have them in the launcher.
    Likewise. I can't even add new people to it in game. Simply doesn't work.
    signature image

Some news about the corrective patch? I hope u will re enable the possibility to just use steam so u will fix half of the bugs and problems

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    Some news about the corrective patch? I hope u will re enable the possibility to just use steam so u will fix half of the bugs and problems
    Look back in the thread, bringing back custom avatars and pseudos "is not on the roadmap"... I think that means no Steam only version like before. Yeaaah

And also, I was wondering what's up with the invite system. Ok, you "fixed" it, but last night, it was impossible to invite my friends with the classical "Invite" button, but when right-clicking on the avatar and sending an invite, it worked... It was systematic, we couldn't invite each other if it wasn't for the right click "fix". This is just... WTF ?? The click on the classical button did send an invite, but upon confirmation, nothing happened.

Oh and some changes to Sonic Boom would be needed... Soon ! Thanks.

Originally Posted by Roy644
    Look back in the thread, bringing back custom avatars and pseudos "is not on the roadmap"... I think that means no Steam only version like before. Yeaaah

And also, I was wondering what's up with the invite system. Ok, you "fixed" it, but last night, it was impossible to invite my friends with the classical "Invite" button, but when right-clicking on the avatar and sending an invite, it worked... It was systematic, we couldn't invite each other if it wasn't for the right click "fix". This is just... WTF ?? The click on the classical button did send an invite, but upon confirmation, nothing happened.

Oh and some changes to Sonic Boom would be needed... Soon ! Thanks.
    good news. It's always nice to make some step behind.

They didnt fix it.. I can see my friend list 1 time out of 5 and to create a party, every member need to restart several time. Same ofr the private lobbies. And im still wondering why they told us that they want to allow both the steam players and the client ones to play togheter.. it means that we should be able to access to game via steam bypassing the launcher. I got a reply from Oghamsmith about it but it wasn't clear enough for me to be honest ("We have said that we want to allow the standalone desktop launcher and Steam users to play together, yes. In order to make that possible, Steam users must use light version of the launcher in Steam.").

Originally Posted by Sasha_Vykos
    good news. It's always nice to make some step behind.

They didnt fix it.. I can see my friend list 1 time out of 5 and to create a party, every member need to restart several time. Same ofr the private lobbies. And im still wondering why they told us that they want to allow both the steam players and the client ones to play togheter.. it means that we should be able to access to game via steam bypassing the launcher. I got a reply from Oghamsmith about it but it wasn't clear enough for me to be honest ("We have said that we want to allow the standalone desktop launcher and Steam users to play together, yes. In order to make that possible, Steam users must use light version of the launcher in Steam.").
    But... But... How is it a "light" version designed for Steam users if we automatically need a SE account and can't use our Steam account anymore ?
    And at that point, it's not "Steam players vs launcher users", everyone MUST use the launcher.

It's funny how they implemented the launcher to bypass the Steam system for players that didn't want to be forced to use a Steam account and yet, they force Steam players to use their launcher and a SE account... The irony...

But... But... How is it a "light" version designed for Steam users if we automatically need a SE account and can't use our Steam account anymore ?
    And at that point, it's not "Steam players vs launcher users", everyone MUST use the launcher.

It's funny how they implemented the launcher to bypass the Steam system for players that didn't want to be forced to use a Steam account and yet, they force Steam players to use their launcher and a SE account... The irony...
    this is what im wondering :/ makes no sense.

The game is an embarassing state atm.. worst than a pre alfa. I was expecting a patch yesterday or today (as devs said "early this week").
    Last edited by Sasha_Vykos; 22nd Mar 2016 at 17:45.

OK, this time a team mate quit and then I quit afterwards and still got penalised. Why no comment on this?
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    OK, this time a team mate quit and then I quit afterwards and still got penalised. Why no comment on this?
    Oh man... I have this problem since the first ranked series ! When everyone just quit in ranked and I decide to follow them because the game is just pointless, it's 50/50. Either I get max penalty or no penalty at all. I think they had a fix for that in the beginning, but it kept happening for me.

Oh man... I have this problem since the first ranked series ! When everyone just quit in ranked and I decide to follow them because the game is just pointless, it's 50/50. Either I get max penalty or no penalty at all. I think they had a fix for that in the beginning, but it kept happening for me.
    It only started doing that after the beastmaster patch. In fact it puts a message on the screen that it's safe to leave.

Anyone having infinite syncing problem?

Every time a match ends early whether I quit or not, points still get deduced. This is not a display issue. Oghamsmith/Psyonix_Ryan, please at least acknowledge this is happening.

Seems like the more problems the game has, the less feedback we get from the developers.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 23rd Mar 2016 at 13:22.

Page 3 of 3 First First 123