View Poll Results: Invisible Mode or not?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definatly Invisible

5 22.73%
  • Definatly NOT Invisible

5 22.73%
  • Don't care

11 50.00%
  • What in the name of Davey Jones' locker are you talking about??

1 4.55%

Thread: Invisible Mode or not?

Invisible Mode or not?

Question Invisible Mode or not?

Just a question.......which do you prefer...and why?

~~Edit~~
    Just to be clear......
    I'm talking about having yourself visible on the forum so other taffers can tell when you're online.
    You can take our forum...but not our history
    http://home.woh.rr.com/rnmssite/statsig.jpg

It depends on my mood. I do both.
    You know me, I like to be right in there at times.

I prefer to be visible. If someone pisses me off enough, I'll simply add them to my ignore list.
    http://blizzard.com/images/war3/item...of-shadows.gifLoyalty above all else... except honor.
    I went to the Cradle and all I got was this stupid t-shirt. Hey, is this blood?

I haven't been invisible yet & have no plans to be. I think it's fun to see who's on the forum at the same time I am.

Cool

I wonder why Ricknmel has brought it up?

I thought you were refering to Invisibility potion!

It don't matter to me if they know or if they don't know.I would still be here one way or the other.

Tin Star
    There is no honor among thieves.

Originally posted by Xcom
    An invisible RicknMel? As long as he doesn't have a blackjack in his hand, I guess it doesn't matter.

Why??? because we can.........muahahaha

I'll keep my visibility for a while, cuz it is a way for other taffers to know that I actually do visit the board everyday and check things out, since I don't post very much.

But if it's like Spookhouse where they loose my cookies and suddenly I become invisible every now and then, I just leave it at that for a while and have fun being incognito lurking around in the shadows.

Vesper

Big Grin

Originally posted by ChowYunFat
    As long as he doesn't have a blackjack in his hand, I guess it doesn't matter.
    C'mon, a taffer w/o blackjack? Whom are you trying to fool?

doesn't matter to me much...
    The Miracle of Modern Pharmaceuticals.
    Gotta love them.

A real thief stays invisible.

Btw how do you start a poll?

Ha, ha, ha...I was like Common...I thought

you meant Invis for Thief LOL So I went from a Yes vote to an I don't care after I started reading to see what you were talking about So, as I ended up my vote...that's how I feel...doesn't matter to me one way or the other...we did without it for a long time and never thought anything about it...It's OK...<i>shrugs</i>
    It's not how you win the game, it's how you PLAY it! Have FUN!

Visible.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

Like any good thief, I prefer shadows to light..... but not in the Crippled Burrick? Why would I want to remain in the dark here? No, like it or not I’ll always stay visible and expose myself as the Thief addict that I truly am! Just how many times do I drop in? Morning, afternoon, night if I can!

Huh? Someone there? Oh well, probably nothing....

why the taff won't my pick work?

I stay visible so all you taffers can see me comming. Now when I'm out on the streets at night plying my trade umm err blackjack, I prefer to utilize my Keeper training. I just hope my stealthy handle doesn't scare any newbies away

sly

Smile

Originally posted by Xcom
    hhmmm........I wonder.

Interesting replies. I like inviso mode.
    You can take our forum...but not our history
    http://home.woh.rr.com/rnmssite/statsig.jpg

Only invisible if I would not like other people in the network/area to know that I am there.

Like, in IRC or ICQ - invisible to avoid a/s/l queries from weird people, or messages from people who I don't want to talk with at the moment. Secret channels to avoid a/s/l-ing weird people/spammers enter the room. Generally, if visibility might lead to odd behaviour of others, or if there are valid reasons to mistrust at least some people in the network/area.

In this forum, I think that such side-effects of visibility (a/s/l-ing etc) are unlikely.

<small>at least, until I receive some valid reasons for mistrust</small>

So Lytha ...

a/s/l??

I really don't care, but it is interesting to see what times certain taffers are on. Helps to remember that this is truly a worldwide forum and very diverse group. And in all fairness, I'll let people see when I can't sleep either

21. Originally posted by Whatz His Name
    I prefer to be visible. If someone pisses me off enough, I'll simply add them to my ignore list.
    Lol Me too

A bit of both me thinks. A ghost run through the forum now and then keeps us in shape and ready to take on T3.

Lightbulb

If you can see no-one's on the forum then you know there's no point in hanging around for an immediat reply.
    But if loads of your friends are hanging around, you might wait ten minutes to see if anyone replies.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links ... Zaccheus' hospital blog

I stay visible while perusing the forums so: other members see that I'm around and participating, see if anyone is visiting the forum (so they don't feel alone here), and I only hide when playing Thief.

Also, in my profile, I have my email address listed, and under my options I have opted to NOT hide my email address. This lets members take a discussion offline, especially if spoilers are involved. In the old forum, enabling your email meant any member could see your email address because it was a mailto:// link that opened your local email. In the new forums, you don't get to see the recipient's email address (unless they later reply to your message which is then totally outside of this forum and its control). A webform opens and you send your initial email via this forum's SMTP server. The recipient will see the sender's real email address to which they can reply, and the recipient's repy will have whatever is their email address as configured in their email client for the From and/or Reply-To headers.

Hmm, I wonder. Can a member who has opted to hide their email address still send me a message via this forum's email webform? After all, that would mean I would receive an email to which I could not reply.

Originally posted by Vanguard

Hmm, I wonder. Can a member who has opted to hide their email address still send me a message via this forum's email webform? After all, that would mean I would receive an email to which I could not reply.
    AFAIK, if you use forum's mailer bot to send e-mail, the recipent will see your e-mail address regardless of selected options in the profile.