Thread: TR3 and Windows ME

Big Grin TR3 and Windows ME

OK I am having a problem with this, I can install the game fine and it starts OK, I see the FMV but then when it gets to the title screen the menu ring doesn't appear and the game crashes and I have to restart my machine. When I click to play the game it always takes me to the setup window, it doesn't seem to remember my settings. Please help, this is not good!!

Lightbulb

Hi pinkluce!
    I don't know what's going on but I can give you a good tips to enjoy the games without much trouble! It works for me, so.....
    - install the lastest directx;
    - install the lastest video and sound driver;
    - grab the lastest patch for the game that you'll play.

For TR I know there's a patch, you can get it from Eidos site but I'll put the link for you here! PATCH
    Hope that helps!!

I have Windows ME too, but TR3 has always run fine for me. I have that same problem though for Chronicles.

Lightbulb

Thanks guys! I'll try the patch and see what happens

Unhappy

OK, I downloaded the patch and did as it said but TR3 still won't work. Any other ideas? How would I know if I have the up to date drivers and directx? I have run Chronicles on my PC, will the version of directx used for that be working with my TR3?? Also where would I find sound and graphics drivers? Any help is much appreciated.

Just wondering, is there a patch like that for Chronicles??

Lightbulb

Thank you for the link to the patch, i tried it again and it worked, I'd done the wrong thing with it first time around, doh!

Lightbulb

Originally posted by pinkluce
    OK, I downloaded the patch and did as it said but TR3 still won't work. Any other ideas? How would I know if I have the up to date drivers and directx? I have run Chronicles on my PC, will the version of directx used for that be working with my TR3?? Also where would I find sound and graphics drivers? Any help is much appreciated.
    Hey Pink! Happy that you can play your game but if you still wanna update your system I can help you!
    - Here you can download DirectX 8.1! [HERE]

For help with sound and video driver I need to know what's your card! Voodoo, nVidia, ATi, ... , SoundBlaster, ... and please the model is important ok!!
    If you don't wanna and it's working nice that ok!! Enjoy your game!!!
    See you around.......

Originally posted by Aquarius
    Just wondering, is there a patch like that for Chronicles??
    I don't think so dude!!!

Smile

Thanks wriggle, I think it might be useful to know where to get drivers in the future just in case, even though TR3 seems to be OK. I have a Rage Fury Pro graphics card and Creative Soundblaster PCI 128 sound card. Thanks

@pinkluce:
    Just go to the site of the company!
    SoundBlaster (www.soundblaster.com) - Go to download section in the left and select Drivers then your card! It's easy!
    I get the direct link for you too! [HERE]

ATi (www.ati.com) - Go to find a driver in the left, select your OS and your card. It's easy too!
    I get the direct link again for you! [HERE]

That's it!!!

Thanks a lot wriggle, I will add those to my favourites list just in case