Page 5 of 5 First First 12345

Thread: Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

200 rs from chest. thx psyonix. something good.
    hah, if delete shotgun and skills from inventory and wait autodeploy then bm appears with no shotgun and skills. standard of uselessness.
    Last edited by senjuj; 17th Mar 2016 at 05:44.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Well, Turelim clan colour is green and Zephonim have grey (which mistakenly is green on their banner in-game). I am sure they would not be restricted to their clan banner colours only though in their wear.
    However, it's still a little disappointing there aren't more skins that do feature the clan colours as well as certain other traits the Turelim have been known for.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 17th Mar 2016 at 08:18.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Overall the update is actually well made. Hats down to the designers who were working behind the Vanguard shields and Exalted Skin and also the Tyrant skins. Well done indeed.

And I do dare to say, that the wait was well worth. Allowing the developers to focus on the more important content of this patch - Beastmaster.

The class itself is well made and to my surprise it is also well balanced (unlike the last 2 classes before). I've been tinkering with the Beastmaster for quite some time now. And it can keep up with the other class fairly well. I haven't found any bugs that could compromise the class. However, there are few minor but bothersome bugs, that can darken your mood.

A few tweaks could be made regarding abilities. Mainly the Wrath Of The Firebird. Flying without a possability to stop while at the same time bombarding vampires makes a tedious work. You always need to have a good angle and altitude to use the ability properly but even at the right position you can't be succesful with it because the projectile speed is too slow. While in a treshawk form you're even faster than your own projectiles, it is also easy to avoid all five of them. It's either increasing AoE of it or the speed of the projectiles if not both. Second thing I'd like to point out when you use this ability, you're automatically start firing and cannot stop. After the first dive you're basically in no position to use the rest of the ability usefully. Just allow the player to shoot the projectiles whenever he wants instead of forcing him.

Sonic Boom is the silliest I've ever seen. The ability supposed to be high risk high reward. Yet only I see the one side of the coin - high reward. It's spammable. Hit-box is massive and it is also the most silent ability in the game, invisible deceiver's footsteps have no beef against it as well. Am not sure why you pimped the Divebomb to this level. It's a absurd. In over-all, why are you making the sentinel universal class? Feels like you're encouraging four sentinel stack. Like punctures weren't enough...

Replacing daily rewards with challanges made the game more interactive and the reward chest content is really pleasant. Am not sure why people complain about the contents of the chests which are purchased by runestones. It's how all the chests work in any game. No need to lash out at the developers because of your own rotten luck, you gambled after all.

The Beastmaster patch is well made. Am not sure how matchmaking got worse after this but I barely can find a game in ~15 mins. more or less. Always missing that one last person. A game sometimes crashes out of the blue and it rather prefers crashing/screen freezing than allowing me properly exit the game have to always close it with Task Manager.

Good work, the patch is more pleasing than dissapointing.

Because of censorship. in my context means fecal matter.

While Sonic Boom can still be tweaked into a balanced ability that fits into the gameplay, it does seem like an odd choice considering the many other suggestions we made on the forum for sentinel abilities. The breath (fire/wind/other) ability, the crop duster, carpet bomb and Janos-like abilities all would not just have fit the character better (I know I reference Daniel's descriptions often, but there aren't many other original Soul Reaver devs who still discuss it), but would have been a lot more unique in function than Sonic Boom is as well. Sonic Boom is very similar to the Tyrant's charge TBH.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Sonic Boom is very similar to the Tyrant's charge TBH.
    Incorrect, it IS the Tyrant charge, just in the air and with the animation of Dive Bomb - just without those pesky Cooldowns, or the need to plan and commit to it.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Incorrect, it IS the Tyrant charge, just in the air and with the animation of Dive Bomb - just without those pesky Cooldowns, or the need to plan and commit to it.
    My thoughts on that.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...03#post2204503

you even changed the points system at the end of the matches.. now its just the sum of the 1st and the 2nd half while it always been different. No patch note about it?

Thank you, great work done. Beastmaster is awesome! Nice new tyrant skin, got it. Half of game broken, hope hotfix coming =)
    Sorry for my terrible English

Page 5 of 5 First First 12345