Thread: Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

Well, let's continue the list of bugs.

It's about the partying. Apparently only the first invitation triggers the invite. if i am connecting to the party (which sometimes takes about 10 sec) and i get invited to the same party again, i can neither accept nor decline the invitation without getting kicked from the party and having to restart the game and the launcher to be invitable.

Apart from that I got some weird bug. After about 45 minutes of restarting and relogging we finally managed to get into a party of 4, when we tried to start the queue this appeared, forcing us to restart the game and do the invite-minigame again:
    signature image

Congratulations Psyonix/SE, never before have i seen developers fail so miserably at a patch, that was supposed to be the hope, the shining ray of light in this dark time of that has come over nosgoth.
    Well done, u drove away countless players, yet again.
    U managed to ignore every single advice your community, your unpaid unrespected bug testers, gave you... again.
    Good job on continuing with the policy of bad decisions.
    If i could, i would give you a cookie, for this outstanding job u did...not.
    Thank you for yet another bad joke on the cost of your community.
    Maybe u will allow me to polish your shoes, the same shoes u kick your game and its community with, repeatedly, into the mud.
    Yet another glorious chest with a 95% chance to get garbage, 4,5% polished garbage and 0,5% chance to get actually good and well made skins(6 chests, only garbage).
    Good job on uniting your community with a few simple emotions, frustration, anger and hate.
    If i had the strength to go on like this, i would not, because i dont see this ending well.
    I only see fire at the end of nosgoth's road now.

Well done...

Can we get some furry walls in here before anyone else has a panic attack? A couple of weeks and everything will be back to normal.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Can we get some furry walls in here before anyone else has a panic attack?
    Nice reference. Christ, it's as if people expected a big patch to be completely perfect. Every time any patch has any flaw, it's like the imminent apocalypse in here...

Sadly, I've found myself 1.5 ranks away from another class token so I can't say anything about the Beastmaster yet.
    But Sonic Boom has proven rather nice. It does seem a bit too quiet though I've yet to be on the receiving end.

Trying to make it synergize with Dive Bomb. I mean, you're in a dive already, it seems like that should move well into Dive Bomb (it did once, when I got the timing right)...But I haven't quite mastered the pull-up timing on Sonic Boom so I just land more often than not...

Though I did find one huge bug: A lot of that nifty new content isn't actually available in the game. (Okay, they're in the chests obviously but that's basically the same thing. - Though I actually did not find the new Ghoul skins anywhere.)

Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Nice reference. Christ, it's as if people expected a big patch to be completely perfect. Every time any patch has any flaw, it's like the imminent apocalypse in here...
    No, we expect little flaws, the thing is, this is not a little flaw, this is the game being completely broken and unplayable because of issues and crashes before you even get in a match. Like it wasnt tested AT ALL

Thanks again for the feedback folks, please do keep it coming.

We've spent the day gathering all of the feedback that you guys have been giving us across our various forums and social channels, using it to establish reproduction steps, and have begun to dig down into the code to try and find the cause of these issues. We have a few fixes in the pipeline.

First up will likely be bringing the friends lists transfer functionality online, meaning any of your Steam friends who have signed into Nosgoth with an SEM account will automatically show up in your friends list. This fix will arrive either tomorrow or the day after. We're looking into other issues as well, although fixes for those are slightly further out.

Thanks again for you patience.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

But Sonic Boom has proven rather nice. It does seem a bit too quiet though I've yet to be on the receiving end.

Trying to make it synergize with Dive Bomb. I mean, you're in a dive already, it seems like that should move well into Dive Bomb (it did once, when I got the timing right)...But I haven't quite mastered the pull-up timing on Sonic Boom so I just land more often than not...
    WRONG!
    Heres how you play Sonic Boom:
    1) Equip Sonic Boom and Takeoff
    2) Dive at an enemy
    3) Activate Sonic Boom for roughly 2 miliseconds
    4) After the recovery animation has ended, turn right/left while pressing D/A.
    5) Activate Sonic Boom for roughly 2 miliseconds
    6) Do steps 3-5 until your target is dead.
    7) If you happen to land, use takeoff.
    8) repeat steps 3-5 until your target is dead.

The fact you even consider Dive Bomb makes you unqualified to judge anything ever.. just saying.
    This patch is attrocious, and not even because Sonic Boom is OP, but because none of the technical "improvements" improved anything. Nothing is workin. You cant find lobbies, you cant find ranked matches, you cant team up and even Private matches arent working, because the game thinks you have imaginary friends in your party and won't let you join until you get rid of them.

Add to that the unecessary change to the Square Enix Account and abandoning of Steam in favor of a broken launcher, whose quircks and downsides we already highlighted and, of course, have been completely ignored.

but hey - at least we have new chests with 0% chance of anything decent in them... so that's great!

FIX
    YOUR
    DAMN
    GAME
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Mar 2016 at 23:20.

I do agree with most of the sentiments.

However I just can't believe you've taken such a massive risk with this patch. For such a small team who were scared to split the queues because "the community can't support it", you then go and do this which is likely to cost you more players.

I can understand you wanted to throw a whole bunch of content at the players and we'd appreciate it much more probably if there weren't so many bugs. But tbh, bugs are not the issue, its the lack of communication and honesty about them.

It feels like you held the patch back to fix bugs (which we mostly agreed was a good thing) then changed your minds and just let us have it bugs and all.

But what were you trying to fix that took so long and then released the game in this state?
    You need to be more open about these major bugs so we can try and help replicate.

And now some initial first-day feedback on the new abilities and class.

The shotgun sounds from the BM do not sound like a weapon. As someone who uses the prophets Heavy Pistols a lot, I was expecting some similar level shotgun sound, instead it sounds like someone sneezing. It needs some low end.

I enjoyed throwing the Natures Fury thing and shooting it, that was a nice addition.

The matches have now sped up mainly because of BM hype and players trying to get to high positions as BM but then getting killed because they have no cover from their team mates. I wonder how long it will take for that novelty to wear off....

The Birdform attack ability that shoots missiles seems a bit too slow on first impression.

I had fun trying to Pounce the Birds and I think I managed to Bola a Sonic Boom Sentinel which alleviated some fears but I will have to test that some more....if I can get a match.
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    The fact you even consider Dive Bomb makes you unqualified to judge anything ever.. just saying.
    I'll be sure to let you know when your opinions start to matter, you great .

I've had an easier time finding and filling lobbies today than I have for some time.
    The launcher though has always been worthless. They ought to rethink it.

Originally Posted by SonixSquad
    But what were you trying to fix that took so long and then released the game in this state?
    You need to be more open about these major bugs so we can try and help replicate.
    Very true. Transparency is needed if they expect anybody in the playerbase to reliably help test their beta game.

Everybody is hating on the devs while I think this is more a management problem. The devs do what you tell them to do or they get kicked out. Simple.

The community liaison or manager, whatever you wish to call Oghamsmith at this time is doing his best to keep a live connection between the game and community but I guess that isn't enough. (not anything related to him, bless his soul).

It's not enough mainly because you have a majority of players who stayed with the game from its early development (don't know if I qualify but I've been mainly playing this game for over an year now, and I know people who have played it longer) and don't see the development team focusing on the stuff that can transform this into a real live, fully-functional, released game.

The other part of the community is playing along complaining about things like names, avatars, friends list, small things that are going to be fixed either way. This doesn't mean they don't care about the game, but more like they don't fully understand what are the big problems here.

Psyonix, Square Enix, you have created these opinion leaders in the community but you fail to take their feedback into consideration.
    How about you take that feedback you asked for into consideration, fix what has to be fixed and then add new content to the game? Just fix the mechanics and make everyone happy.

People don't care about chests and skins when they get rekt in games because clear ability abuse.

I understand the drama since this game has brought me a lot of happy moments and I would hate to leave it behind me, but the patience (not just mine) is slowly draining out.

It's important not to blame one department for the mistakes of another.

Marketing/Finance are to blame for the chests, not the designers.
    Artists are to blame for lack of variety and lore accuracy in the skins, but not the programming bugs.
    Programmers are responsible for bugs, but not the design decisions.
    Designers are responsible for flaws in gameplay and balancing.
    The community managers are mostly just messengers, but it is their responsibility to make sure the information they're passing on is correct.

I like having new skins and items because they keep the game interesting for me, but I don't like the fact that they obtained through random number generators or that they're so often simple recolourings of old ones or deviate too much from the source material, however I don't try to claim any of that is neither the cause or an excuse for the errors in programming or poor balancing etc.

The game had a really buggy period when the last two classes were released and although certain long term bugs remained, things did stabilise eventually and they will again. It will just take some time. Once the major features are in place, I think we'll see more fixes and balancing.

I'll reiterate my earlier sentiment though, that adding a massive change like this post-release will be a disaster because people will not want to be patient and let it all be fixed and likely never come back as they're threatening already. I implore SE not go into full release until a month after the Rahabim are out.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 16th Mar 2016 at 11:10.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Hi, I will share my thoughts as well.
    (TL;DR version at the end)

It seems easy to start raging and insulting but I will try to expose everything calmly and I hope all our feedback is taken into consideration.

First I have to say that not everything is bad in this patch, we even got some surprises like the new skins&shields, the loading screen, ping system 2.0, ability to select any game modes in private (I have not tried that yet)... Wohaa, I was actually impressed, it is really nice to see those additions that we (at least I) did not know they were coming. Definetively a positive point for this.

On the other hand, just when I opened the game I noticed I had no friends (I did not get scared as I had read what the people wrote in Discord and all these bugs), ok I can live with this for a week and invite them manually while it is fixed. But then I invited a friend to a party and it was almost impossible to make it work:

And then, after each game we needed to restart the game and try again what I wrote on the spoiler section... Because for what I have experienced, the game creates some kind of invisible party of 8 to play the match and it does not free it/revert it to your original party afterwards. Seems like this might be the issue for some people who wrote before they were having less points in ranked - I guess the people they played with lost some games and as they are in their "invisible" party yet, they are losing points too.

I also noticed that it takes like 5min once you are in a lobby until a match starts, even if there are 8 players in the lobby. I cannot understand how this bug appeared. Also, if you get into a lobby and then get out because you are tired of waiting and want to search again, you have to restart Nosgoth, as you are now in that "invisible" party (at least for me) and it wouldn't start any other game again.

Sonic boom is quite broken right now, it should have a minimum cooldown even if you have used it for 0.2ms as suggested before; or set minimum distance/time that will be activated (maybe 1 sec, so it can be countered by scouts/whoever doing a lot of damage to the sent for using the ability, and adding the difficulty to the player to be sure he won't hit a wall during that second of using the ability). Finding the right cooldown might be difficult as a long cooldown could make the ability useless.

I have also noticed that it is a bit more difficult to hit as humans (or maybe it is me after having a week break of the game). Have the hitboxes been reduced for the bullets? If that is the case, it would be great if you could give us an explanation of why... I would suggest do not apply this to axes and bows (and I will be very sad if it applies to prophets as well I would say maybe only hunters deserve it)

After finishing the match I can see that the sum up page is still broken. First, just show all the pages instantly and let us switch between them clicking on the tabs; and second, why is that difficult to show there the number of points you are given/removed after the game? You must have that number in some variable somewhere and it will be applied to the number of points of that player at some point. I cannot understand what is the programming challenge of showing a number (we don't care about the animation for now), unless the hierarchy of the data structure in which you are holding that data is very ill-designed and you have problems about privacy/accessing that variable.

I have to say that many people blame developers of all of this, and yeah they have a lot to do with all these bugs. But I would say that QA is the real problem here. I would like to have the director of QA saying in public that they tested the game and they didn't find the bug of the friends not showing, neither the party system bug... I understand they they focused on BM and sonic boom bugs, and I do not doubt you guys found a lot and they were fixed by developers, but how come you did not find the bug when closing Nosgoth? You did not close it even once?
    I'm talking seriously here HOW a department that is supposed to exist only for the purpouse of finding bugs does not come across these?

I am almost finishing: Daily rewards. We put our feedback some time ago in some thread, to be careful which kind of tasks we are demanded for receiving the rewards. If you could please not foment bad game play... Things like do X damage or heal for X to yourself or your teammates are good, but get X savage pounces or X backstabs are greatly recognised by the community to be bad practices. I would not mind to come across some player who is really good with those abilities, but it is very very difficult to use them in the right moment and you need specific situations on the battlefield for these to be effective. So please, reconsider putting only generic tasks or at least only abilities that are easy to have a good impact for your team (shield, hex/draining curse, bolas!, abducts, infects, charge through X people, shockwave...)

Final note: I think this is fixable, but there are some bugs that need to be priority #1, and be fixed within a week. This massive screw up it's kind of the straw that broke the camel's back; first the leagues without a break, the ranked system completely broken (I would like to know if you have applied the ladder system as we asked you to) and then all these massive bugs that affect 100% of your player base and do not allow us to even play the game...
    Many people have been complaining in the forums already, and the concerning part is that they are people with more than 1,000h and ESL players, who are the ones that really know the game and care for it. However, those cries for help to fix the game are not fully addressed... Just to quote some names: xeno, HexMe, kLauE, Da_Wolv, Sasha_Vykos, Keelei, Ysanoire, Sirfy, NEYC, etc... (sorry for the people I do not include as some do not have the same name in the forum and in the game). I think you should really take seriously all they say, as they are some of the people with best knowledge of Nosgoth.

I am really looking forward to see all these bugs fixed (no, we do not care about new skins, the last vampire class or the release from beta, FIX YOUR BUGS, or otherwise no one will play a broken game), I really hope they are all gone soon... Otherwise I will end up leaving the game rather sooner or later ... last week I did not play for a whole week, whilst I have been playing this game daily (more than 45h per week) since I started playing this game with the founder's pack ... League just was not appealing enought to make me come back... We leave it in your hands, please DO THE RIGHT THING.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TL;DR: Sum up of my feedback, list of bugs sorted by priority to be fixed:
    1. Party system (including ghost parties at the end of matches with all the people you have played with and seeing other members of the party as lvl 1), lobbies not filling up/long waiting times to start a game when having a full lobby, sonic boom (add a minimum time of use or increase the minimum cooldown)
    2. Human hitboxes? At the very minimum vang axes should not have a smaller hitbox (I have not confirmed it is happening but just in case)
    3. Daily rewards (stop promoting bad habits), end of the match page (show league points, show all pages instantly and let us switch between them)

*4. Fire the whole QA team and hire some competitive people (?). Just kidding, that will be a little harsh, but I think at the very least they owe you (AND US) an explanation of how such noticeable bugs (closing the game freezes, bugged parties, bugged lobbies) have passed unnoticed by them.

Originally Posted by eldavimost
    I understand they they focused on BM and sonic boom bugs, and I do not doubt you guys found a lot and they were fixed by developers, but how come you did not find the bug when closing Nosgoth? You did not close it even once?
    Was there ever an update in Nosgoth where you had the feeling that they tested it before rolling it out?
    /sarcasm on
    Why wasting few $'s for testing if the party works or if the game closes properly when u can put the money into the monthly League-PrizePool of 10.000$!! You have to set priorities!!!
    /sarcasm off

I would like to have the director of QA saying in public that they tested the game and they didn't find the bug of the friends not showing, neither the party system bug...
    ...and then you would believe him and say "okeee * happens"?
    There are only 2 believable answers, what the director of QA could say:

a) "Why should we test an update before rolling it out? Nosgoth is in Beta and we got a small playerbase who will test it for free"

b) "Our dev's in the testing department are incompetent and used an test environment where special nosgoth developement software was installed, which caused that the bugs didnt occur"
    Last edited by MuShYRoOM; 16th Mar 2016 at 16:16.

I can't even get into the game. I get to "Downloading Armory" at startup and then the screen goes and stays black. The music continues, though..

So I'm gunna give some feedback on this patch.

An Eternal league player (just once) and a frequent player, I hope I can help give you the perspective of someone who's pretty good, but not ESL level

Anyways...

The Beastmaster - The Scourge of the Wild

Beastmaster is certainly a unique and challenging class. Love his voice-acting and animations, he feels like he's already a seasoned warrior ready to rock and I love it.

Wish his melee wasn't the claw attack, seeing as how some of his skins don't have claws. I feel like you guys missed a good opportunity to utilize the seemingly silly blades in the butts of his shotguns. Normally, that'd be a bad idea to put a blade there, but since he doesn't shoulder the weapon, its fine. I kinda wish he'd melee with the bladed butt, giving the weapon another utilization, giving it an even more sense of usefulness and importance.

His claw attacks are neat for sure, and I like to see the humans use the claws they sometimes have, but I feel like a butt attack (;D) would be more effective, but that's just my opinion!

Also, this class feels very hit and miss. What I mean by that is...

He feels like one second he's a monster of a class and the next, nigh worthless. I tried to suspend my assumptions from my first impressions on him (since I think first impressions are silly) and ended up maining him for a night.

There were a few times where I would just get absolutely ruined. I'd go 5 and 7 with 6k damage by the end of a human round and just be ashamed. Why play him if I can run Hunter and get around 12 and 5 with 15k?

Well, here's why...

There are times where I would absolutely SHRED as BM. Oh goodness, I singlehandedly fought off 3 damaged vampires with lightning and leyline alone. Goodness, if you can get him to hit, he hit's like a goddamn truck.

Though getting him to hit is... odd...

His starter shotgun feels the strongest. It's the one I managed to do the most consistent with. Pretty good damage and somewhat low spread made this gun FEEL good. Probably the one I'll use the most.

His accurized shotgun seems to be the most handy. With relatively low damage, it's more of a support gun, kind of like the bleed pistols or the multibow. If used properly, it can do well, but it's not a solo gun by any means.

His autoshotty seems pretty decent. I haven't used it yet but a couple of my buddies bought it for a little and said they loved it, ESPECIALLY with leyline. Maximum hype.

The heavy shotgun is all risk. It can do a whopping 350 on a full hit, but it's spread is so much, it's hard to even land half of one.

The spread goes Accurized: 500 Auto and base: 1000 and then Heavy: 2000.

I'm curious if a heavy shotgun at 1500 would be too powerful. It's pellets do 35, which is matched by the accurate shotgun. They don't do 48 like his base, so I can't imagine landing more pellets more often would be too terribly op.

I mean, I've fired at near point blank targets, only to land 150 or so damage on them and it's rough, especially when it only has 4 shells in the chamber.

I feel like it needs a slight buff. a Tighter spread would be my first suggestion, but only slightly, nothing too crazy, it is a blunderbuss after all.

Either that, or give it a round or two more in the chamber. 4 just seems to unforgiving for such a high spread.

Perhaps I'm using him all wrong though.

I see him as a high-risk, high-reward type character. He can only really fight in the Vampires favorite range, since his other abilities can't reach very far. Perhaps I'm just not good enough to get him to work for me yet!

His abilities are fun to work with though.

Lets start with the base abilities

Powershot
    ---------------
    This ability is just as good as a utility as it is a weapon. Not only does it do a solid 250, (which I think the whip should do ) it also pushes vampires backwards. It's a little awkward in the vampire perspective, since they move backward without getting staggered, but they can be staggered if they hit a wall.

It's a great tool to keep those nasty vampires JUST out of arms reach, which allows you to get a blast or two in before they're back at you.

In my opinion, this ability is almost a necessity. I've been playing with Leyline instead, which is very, very useful, but it doesn't feel as good, moreso situational.

So...

Leyline
    ------------

Leyline is fun

Fun fun fun.

Its so hype to increase your rate of fire of my god have you used a SEIGEBOW DOING THIS?

You can absolutely splatter vampires with this ability, but only if you cn actually land a hit.

Its a skill-based skill. You can't just use it like powershot and get its maximum effectiveness, you've gotta track, chase and shoot to make it work for you. Definitely a tough skill to use, as of right now, it feels less useful than powershot, ESPECIALLY since you NEED a teammate within RANGE to actually activate it. Powershot can be used whenever.

Chain Lightning
    -------------------

Always fun to pop off and watch it damage multiple vampires. Pretty straight forward skill, aim and activate, and the 5 second cooldown is marvelous, so marvelous sometimes I forget to keep using it because it recharges so fast! But... I'm still a bit confused on how to make it work with maximum effectiveness.

The skill says it does 150 damage per jump, so you'd imagine it'd hit 150 on the first Vampire, a solid 300 on the next, 450 on the 3rd vampire and a delicious 600 on the 4th if he's there.

But that's not the case, it'll hit 150 on each vampire. You can also cast it on your teammates however, without damage, which it can link and jump from for increased range. Essentially a long line of teammates can make this ability reach pretty far.

I've SEEN my lightning hit 300s before, but I'm not sure how it happened, so the 150 per jump IS there, just kind of obscured.

Me and my buds hypothesis it does 150 per jump on TEAMMATES only, so for every time it jumps from a human, it'll do 150 more. Not 100% on it.

Oh and it makes the shield sound upon casting, lolwhy

Please make it a strong, sharp lightning crack. Nothing too thundery, since it's fast. A sharp snap of lightning would be very satisfying.

Bomb (can't recall its name off the top of my head)
    ------------------------

Also a very useful skill. Haven't used it yet, but I've been caught by it many-a-times.

I really do like the midair mechanic it has, which gives it a bit of player interaction which is always good in skills.

However, it seems like it travels quite slowly and it's too easy to shoot, since the BM has pellets. Not sure if only one pellet is good enough or if it has 100hp or whatever.

Still, definitely a skill you can main with.

Threshawk
    ------------------

Love it. Very fun to fly around and nice to hear the screeches of flying around. The wing flap noises sound very similar, if not the same as the Sens, so some people might get confused, but if you listen closely, the Threshawk flaps at different intervals and screeches shortly after, so with a little audio training, you can keep your eyes on the ground when you hear the screech.

I've noticed a lot of people using it as a method of assault though, which almost always ends up bad. It's incredibly telegraphed and easy to counter, since any kind of staggering damage will knock you out of it.

There's a reason why swoop does little to no damage and his fire ability does only 95 per hit.

The Threshawk is a chasing mechanism. It's meant to chase those dirty wall-climbers after they just BARELY skate away with less than 100 hp.

Swoop is a good ability to knock them down for a quick shot off, and also nice to pop mid battle to get vumpers off your humin buddies. The fire ability is great for snagging those little anklebiters at low HP because you don't actually have to COME DOWN to kill them. Very useful if used properly. It definitely is NOT a good opener.

Humins don't even have openers, they don't control the flow of battle like the vumpers do.

That's about all I can think of for him now. I'm hoping I can make better use of him once I get his flow down. The only thing I really, really want from him are as follows;

A butt melee animation

A Sharp crack of lightning audio for chain lightning

and a buff for the heavy shotgun (Or better pellet registry)

Daily Challenges

Fantastic idea!

I've long awaited something else to do than level my mysterious weapons and my characters!

It really mixes up the gameplay a bit, forcing you to play a specific class sometimes for certain things, I love it.

The only issue I have with it is that it's a tad misleading.

I wasn't really sure what the heck was going on at first. My first challenge was get 5000 damage with summons.

Ok let me gush for a second...

THE SLAYER WORKS. HE ACTUALLY HITS PEOPLE CONSISTANTLY.THANK YOU PSYONIX I COULD *IN' SMOOCH YOUR PRETTY FACE FOR YEARS.

*Ahem*

So I got my 5k damage with him and another challenge popped up. At first I didn't expect it, but wasn't upset or annoyed and decided to persue the next challenge to see what'd happen.

Get 5k score. Easy peasy no problem.

SO I got it, saw the next little bar light up, then got confused

What are those 4 bars? I'm guessing one bar for every challenge you do, and once they hit 4 you get a chest?

Well where the heck are my other two challenges?

I asked my buddies and they said they got 4 and 5 challenges, and ended up getting a chest. One of my buds only got 3 and I got 2.

So, for daily challenges, we only get a random amount per day? Still curious how it actually works...

Oh, and I'm terrified

Please for the love of god, don't make the daily chests require keys.

It'd literally kill the system for me personally.

New Sentinel Ability – Sonic Boom

I hate it.

I hate this ability so much and I'm glad I'm not the only person.

It's almost worst than skimmer Sentinels.

Why do you not have to commit to it? Why can you just keep popping it over and over for short bursts while still REMAINING IN THE AIR?

Oh don't worry you landed? Takeoff, Puncture, literally anything works.

I don't know...

I really hate how the Sentinel overlaps into the Tyrants class AND manages to be a SAFER ALTERNATIVE

It just gives people all the more reason to play Sentinel, and I'm sick of seeing two or more per match. I never fail to at least see one PER ROUND.

Goodness....

Steam Launcher

Not too fond of this, but it doesn't seem to obstruct much and might help those who don't have steam, so who am I to complain?

Ping 2.0

Definitely a nice little addition. It's small details like this that make a game.

It's the little things guys, they aren't only meant to be enjoyed in life!

League 4.0 & 5.0 In-Game Rewards

Lovely as always

Two Vanguard Shields in the Store

Gorgeous shields. The more cosmetics the better

2100 Runestone Purchase Thank You

THIS. Literally THIS.

I was JUST talking about something like this earlier to the patch.

Nosgoth would do well with some kind of loyalty reward system I said, it would really entice people to pay more.

AND you guys did it the right way. Cosmetics are my weakness (and many other peoples too) and you went the extra mile to make the loyalty skins *IN' BEAUTIFUL and not bland and boring.

Awesome move on your part guys, I can only hope we'll see more loyalty rewards in the future.

If we do, consider me a paying customer!

Fighting for Freedom: Nosgoth & Just Cause 3

Always good to pair up and dish out neat little rewards.

Giving to the players never hurts!

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm so, SO glad to see all of these awesome skins hit the game, from exalted skins to SUMMON SKINS, everything just looks gorgeous.

The only thing I'm reluctant to try for are those exalted/marked skins.

Here's why...

I had some extra runestones yesterday and decided to buy some stuff. I ended up getting that fantastic warlord skin, and wanted to try for Firehammer (I'll get to that in a second) and a summon skin.

I ended up getting Firehammer by pure chance and a Marked Evolved Turelim Skin

I hope SO much for the Dumahim, or anything other than the Tyrant, since I JUST GOT such a gorgeous skin. It sucks I have to switch between the two!

Worse yet, if I tried for another marked, theres a chance that I'll get ANOTHER Marked Turelim! To me that's very, very disappointing.

Imagine trying to collect the exalted skins, only to get 3 Alchemists. It'd make me very upset.

I'd suggest some kind of trading system within the chests. If you get a duplicate of the really rare items or abilities, I would suggest you be able to trade it for something else

OR, if you want to keep players from PICKING what they want, at LEAST take the ability or skin out of the drops for the player, or if they get a duplicate, have it reroll for the same rarity.

Please please please implement this. It'd make me MUCH more comfortable with buying those chests. 5 bucks is a lot to lose on 3 duplicates that you can't even USE or TRADE with other players.

If a trading system between players was apparent, duplicates wouldn't be AS annoying, since you'd be able to haggle, but without it, it's just 100% bad...

Also

Why is Firehammer an Uncanny with a visual effect?

It has ONE stat increase. That's it...

Is it intentional? A bug? I'm genuinely curious...

Also, I was incredibly disappointed when I found out it didn't have a unique effect...

I had a hunch it wouldn't but as much as I love Jump attack, I was hoping for some kind of Fiery impact of sorts.

No dice...

To me, this is another case where Vampires are kind of getting the short end of the stick in the visual fx range.

Firehammer just has firehands. While the humans get glowing weapons, completely unique to eh rest of the weapons. It's not like there's a gold repeater that has only one stat and a fire fx. I would know, since I got the immortal bleed-axe, which has two stats and a unique look. Subtle, but still looks good. Don't try for the immortal weapons unless you like subtlty, since it doesn't have an effect.

Whats worse is that you have NO way of knowing that, since you can't see what stats the uniques have (which are all the same) in the chests. I imagined the

A mysterious item with Fire fx is technically better than a gold item locked behind a 5 dollar paywall. That's really, really disparaging. I figured they'd have two stats like the others before them did. A very underhanded thing to do, even if they weren't aware they were doing it. Sure enough you can't enchant them in the forge, so you're stuck with the one stat and simple fire. Besides, I have ghostly items. Why would I pick a unique if it's worse AND only has a simple fire effect?

To show off? Please...

If the chests were a little bit more transparent and a lot more forgiving for duplicates, I'd be much, MUCH more comfortable buying them, even if they're a whopping 5 buck-a-roo's for a CHANCE at rare stuff.

Please tell me the one stat on Firehammer is a mistake...

and please make it flashy.

thnx.

General Changes & Fixes

This goes without saying, fixin' stuff is always good.

The only thing is, the game feels worse off after these fixes because it seemed to break other stuff.

The party system is in even more of a mess than it was before. My friends and I tried to decipher how it worked for like two solid hours and couldn't really pinpoint why it worked sometimes and didn't others.

We even noticed that even after someone leaves your party, it replaces them with a blank space that was RENAMED from them.

Even after people leave, the game still thinks you're in a party, since you still have those blank spaces In your party.

There's no way of leaving the party or kicking the blanks either, so you just gotta restart.

Even entering a tutorial won't kick you from your blankspace party.

SO you go to restart, but the game can't even close, and crashes as soon as you try to quit...

Sheesh.

Not to mention the chance crashes the game has in the menus.

Haven't crashed in game yet, but it has in the menus like, 2 minutes after start-up...

Strange...

Regardless, the game feels borked right now and it's almost impossible to play with friends.

I hope it's fixed soon.

So, in a TL;DR
    ----------------------------

Beastmaster: Feels awesome, maybe I need to learn him better, heavy shotgun feels like it needs a buff, pellet reg needs some tweaking possibly.

Daily Challenges: A fantastic idea, albeit a bit misleading. Could use a bit more detail to make it easier to understand at face. Hoping to Kain himself those chests don't need keys.

New Sentinel Ability: In my OPINION, poorly thought out and just kind of, well... dumb. This will only make people want to play Sentinel more, which clearly isn't needed, and kind of makes the Tyrant feel silly now. I wouldn't even bother tweaking the ability, I'd just scrap the whole thing. But, production costs and yadda yadda...

Steam Launcher: Seems fine to me... No real opinion here.

Ping 2.0: I still have over 600

Just kidding... Seriously, the new pings are a great detail that make certain parts of the game flow a little better. +1

League Rewards: Albeit a bit late from what I've HEARD, still nice to get something unique for our efforts!

Vanguard Shields: What can I say? They look great! Variation and more cosmetics is always a +!

Loyalty rewards: Absolutely awesome move on your part Psyonix. This will certainly entice more purchases, ESPECIALLY if you switch it up here and there with a new skin or effect every now and then! Don't let this concept trail behind in the dust, I cannot stress that enough.

Just Cause 3 Skins: Who can complain about free stuff the devs put work into? Not me and I don't even have the damn game!

Skins and Chests: Lovely, LOVELY skin releases. Took me by complete surprise and I'm genuinely happy to see the volume of skins and effects in game. I can only hope for more as time goes on.

THE SLAYER WORKS PRAISE BE TO KAIN please give me a free brute skin because I stayed true to the Slayer when he needed it most and a Slaugh skin because I prayed for one in my sleep.

Chests need a little work to be more player friendly. Let the players see what they're getting statwise and implement some kind of system to prevent players from getting duplicates on EVERYTHING, or at the VERY LEAST, just the rares.

Vampire golds could be a little more flashy, rather than just having a simple effect you could get from a mysterious, especially since the Human uniques are, well... unique.

And please tell me the single stat Firehammer is a mistake. I can only hope the other gold special abilities have two
    stats and not one.

Party system: Goodness just fix it please.

*phew*

I just wrote a damn book.

For anyone who took the time to hear and read my opinions, I thank you, it means a lot!

It's all I wanna do for this game, and as an avid player, I figured my viewpoints might have some weight to them and that the devs might appreciate me voicing them!

Thanks again for reading, and here's to the betterment of Nosgoth!

Cheers! *Sips on a goblet of warm blood*

Originally Posted by mongobjarne
    I can't even get into the game. I get to "Downloading Armory" at startup and then the screen goes and stays black. The music continues, though..
    Now for some reason I get further (yay), but when trying to find a match I get "Couldn't connect to party servers" or something to that effect..

Day 2 after the update:

Today i played again, some normal deathmatches and 1 league match.
    This all went ok until i tried another league match at night.
    i reached a lobby and nothing happened. For 15 minutes i waited and then i canceled it.
    After this i played two normal deathmatches and later i checked the league score again.
    Once again -4 point were deducted and a extra played match was added.
    So for a moment i thought that it was a overloaded server yesterday and the problems were fixed.
    But no, another match with -4 penalty added to my league score.
    So every time you try to connect to leagues you could reach a broken lobby that keeps searching for players.
    And if you cancel it you lose -4 points.
    Deathmatch is the only thing that actually is playable atm.
    I managed to create a party one time today, tonight i couldn't create another one with somebody else.
    i hope i get all those league penalty points back when things are eventually fixed.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    WRONG!
    Heres how you play Sonic Boom:
    1) Equip Sonic Boom and Takeoff
    2) Dive at an enemy
    3) Activate Sonic Boom for roughly 2 miliseconds
    4) After the recovery animation has ended, turn right/left while pressing D/A.
    5) Activate Sonic Boom for roughly 2 miliseconds
    6) Do steps 3-5 until your target is dead.
    7) If you happen to land, use takeoff.
    8) repeat steps 3-5 until your target is dead.

This patch is attrocious, and not even because Sonic Boom is OP, but because none of the technical "improvements" improved anything. Nothing is workin. You cant find lobbies, you cant find ranked matches, you cant team up and even Private matches arent working, because the game thinks you have imaginary friends in your party and won't let you join until you get rid of them.

Add to that the unecessary change to the Square Enix Account and abandoning of Steam in favor of a broken launcher, whose quircks and downsides we already highlighted and, of course, have been completely ignored.

but hey - at least we have new chests with 0% chance of anything decent in them... so that's great!

FIX
    YOUR
    DAMN
    GAME
    Sonic BOOM !

This post sums up why I won't bother with Nosgoth untill they hotfix Sonic Boom. Game is unfun, when all matches are 3-4 sents spamming that .

What a freaking lame way to introduce a new class to a greta game.

TL;DR: Sum up of my feedback, list of bugs sorted by priority to be fixed:
    1. Party system (including ghost parties at the end of matches with all the people you have played with and seeing other members of the party as lvl 1), lobbies not filling up/long waiting times to start a game when having a full lobby, sonic boom (add a minimum time of use or increase the minimum cooldown)
    For me the broken parties are also no 1 annoyance right now. I want to get a friend into Nosgoth, but I honestly just cannot show him the game in this state. Plz fix asap. That and the crash on every exit from the game. Especially with how many times we have to restart to have any hope of creating a party.

In general, love the idea of some more unique Tyrant skins...But it kinda looks like they stole this gear from the Zephonim. Mostly in the helmet and color schemes. Doesn't really say "Tyrant" to me...

Alright so the patch is nice, you guys have great ideas, definitely not perfect, but the attempt is appreciated. Now everyone needs to calm down... it's not like they won't change anything. Just give them time to see what needs to be fixed. The only thing is, please Oghamsmith, it would be nice if someone from the design team consulted some of the top players and long time players of the game. Other than that well done, I hope things get changed as soon as possible, such as increasing dmg dealt by BM, maybe nerfing the leyline at the same time, so people don't cry about BM being OP. Sentinels new ability needs to be nerfed, mechanics are really fun, reward with risk, maybe decrease dmg or stun duration when hit (but not sure if people noticed, it's pretty easy to bola the sentinel while he's coming at you => not saying it doesn't need to be nerfed).

Most importantly, stop bashing the devs... they at least released something new. Just give constructive criticism... I've been annoyed with the changes too, but there really isn't a point in bashing anyone, your comments will probably be ignored.

Honestly i think you're exagerating, Ygdrasel:

I think it's been mentioned before but something super weird and annoying is happening with league points.

I played 4 matches today which I lost. The first one showed (-1) but I went from 800 to 779 after that game (!!!). The last one said (-14) but I actually lost 18 (!!!). Only one match deducted points as expected (-1).

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Honestly i think you're exagerating, Ygdrasel:
    Didn't mean it so literally. Also had the default skin in mind, not evolved.
    Deceiver previews and art used this greenish-blue kinda color that's really reminiscent of the armor, makes it seem like it was made for them but Turel's brood took it.
    The helmet shape is somewhat reminiscent as well, open at the mouth, curves over the dome and tapers off at a peak, eyes not very visible...But I think it's mostly the color throws me off.
    Given their ties to forges (via the Crucible) and the Smokestack, I think more of a reddish color would fit better for them.

It's not a big deal.

The helmet shape is somewhat reminiscent as well, open at the mouth, curves over the dome and tapers off at a peak, eyes not very visible...But I think it's mostly the color throws me off.
    Given their ties to forges (via the Crucible) and the Smokestack, I think more of a reddish color would fit better for them.
    Well, Turelim clan colour is green and Zephonim have grey (which mistakenly is green on their banner in-game). I am sure they would not be restricted to their clan banner colours only though in their wear.

Page 4 of 5 First First 12345 Last