Thread: Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

4 Ghouls? Thats not true, there is only 3.

Well, let's be a little bit more constructive.

I feel like the BM is surprisingly balanced. Most people can handle him but in the hands of a skilled player who likes to take the "support role" it's very effective.

I can clearly see that you wanted to implement Sonic Boom to clear up roofs against the BM, because you won't be able to fight him alone any other way. His disability and burst are too much for most vampires. Yet the hitbox is way too big and the damage, combined with the drop damage is just too much. There needs to be some sound to hear it coming. Maybe you should make the sentinel more vulnerable from all sides instead of just the front while he is in this ability, so it's too risky to engage alone in a 4 human team. This way it will still be nice to clear roofs but you won't see that extreme team-diving that often.

Cathedral is way better now, you don't bug (as much) anymore.

The voice of the beastmaster sounds pretty similar to the reaver voice in my ears. maybe you should make it a little "rougher" to underline some wildness in his playstyle.

The beastmaster should be able to cast the bolts faster, I only feel it is useful when there are all vampires bundled up or your clip is empty and reloading would be even longer.

We just tried to create a group of 3 for about halb an hour, everytime one person could not be invited or didn't show up as online. restarting Nosgoth and the launcher sometimes fixed it, but after half an hour we gave up. making a group of 2 works most of the time.

the chat frames in the lobby are too transparent. the background is hella bright and the text is white. it's hard to read, maybe some little grey-transparent background for the frame would help.

Matchmaking... it takes ages to find a full lobby even though there are around 1000 people online.

Once the servers seemingly crashed, one of our group could not log in and as we tried to relog to test it we couldn't log in too. I am sure you are aware of this, just wanted to mention it.
    signature image

Anyone else having trouble finding games?
    Ranked never starts, TDM lobbies are always missing 1 person and are not filling.

Even with the recent patch having scared off half the population, how is it there was less downtime in early Closed Beta compared to now?

You know it's kinda funny all the new skins and other graphical additions/improvements done this patch is actually great, spot on & no complaints, except re-using the same animations obviously. But that's for later - Well done graphics department!

Anyway it's well past being nice..
    Now.. YOU yeah that's right YOU. Everyone else who had any hand in this patch and the last 3 or so patches back to before the "launcher" was thought of should all be ashamed. The only thing that has been positive and well implemented in the last 6 months (or even more, i don't know) is the ping system, and even that has questionable *bugs* like pinging deceivers etc.
    Apart from previously mentioned, everything that you have *worked so hard* with and implemented in the game has just made it worse. That's right, if you just delete any progress on the game in the last half year in your database and roll out an old patch you would make Nosgoth considerably better than what it is today.
    Now I'm not being mean for the sake of letting off steam, even though that's nice too. But ya'll need a wakeup call from a clock the size of big ben.
    Secondly what does an industrial factory of some kind do when one of its' workers get their head or arm or leg or whatever jammed inside a machine? You hit the emergency stop.
    So why have you not hit the emergency stop on this season of league yet? But you keep chugging on cause' nothing stops the money press you have at the office it seems.

You said we won't be able to see who you're matched with in the steam overlay. out of the 3 games I played before my patience couldn't take this patch no more both me and my teammate saw exactly who we were matched with simply by pressing shift+tab. We saw it before we got a countdown, during game & after.
    You said boosters now display their duration before being selected.

Look, almost everyone who play this game cares so much about it. The people giving feedback on the forum cares the most, and I don't want to be angry or mean every time I write something here. I want to be taken serious and I want the dev team to also take the game serious instead of shoving carrots in your ears when the community is shouting louder and louder at you to make the game better.
    Right now I'm really not feeling like giving some thoughtout and comprehensive feedback on the plethora of issues with this patch, but I will later on. In the meantime ready yourselves to actually take in the feedback from your community and work together with us to make this game great, I have a feeling that we collectively won't give you that many more chances.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Mar 2016 at 21:12.

And we thought #GlobalInfect was bad.
    It probably was the same one-armed monkey that tested those patches.

Originally Posted by HexMee
    You said boosters now display their duration before being selected.
    It shows in the description text. not on the thumbnails. Everything else though, spot on.
    EDIT: No actually, it only shows on some Boosters, not all. So.. Good Job!
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Mar 2016 at 21:13.

This is all going to happen all over again when the Rahabim comes out. According to the recent article, that will be after the game's full release. I strongly recommend against that and suggest you don't release until the Rahabim has been out for at least a month. Many players will only give the game one chance and if all hell breaks loose due to a massive update like this one, they might not bother sticking around to see if it gets fixed.

Isn't that what happened last year? There was a huge influx of players when the game went into open beta, then a large patch introduced a ton of bugs which took too long to fix and then everyone just left.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 15th Mar 2016 at 16:05.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

You guys should have ESL players test the new stuff before you release it and ask feedback. Just a thought.

One complain which is missing:

Please remove all Daily Challenges for specific classes...
    Its rly no fun when my teammates play as 2xVanguard 1xAlchemist VS. 3 Sentinels and dont want to switch their classes, because they wanna complete their daily challenge like "Block 10k damage as Vanguard" or bs like that... (happened to me yesterday @my first league game after the patch...)

Originally Posted by MuShYRoOM
    One complain which is missing:

Please remove all Daily Challenges for specific classes...
    Its rly no fun when my teammates play as 2xVanguard 1xAlchemist VS. 3 Sentinels and dont want to switch their classes, because they wanna complete their daily challenge like "Block 10k damage as Vanguard" or bs like that... (happened to me yesterday @my first league game after the patch...)
    Which is something we said very early on. But hey, Feedback's a .
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Mar 2016 at 21:13.

Feedback for the launcher:

We need free choice for our avatars. (Standard avatars sucks )
    We need free choice for our nicknames.
    We need a import button for importing friends from our steamlist.

Thank you.
    signature image
    The descent had destroyed me... and yet I lived.

Good thing Overwatch is coming out early May. Can finally focus on a game with developers that care and listen to their community. The past few months this game has been completely horrible, not only in ESL but in League as well. People still abuse the fps, people still exploit the game, sentinel is still overpowered and utterely destroys the fun and competitiveness in ESL games. Only reason I logged in was because of the League money and ESL coinflip(Who has the most luck on their side/can exploit the hardest) matches against zenith. This game literally became worse with every patch. That itself is pretty hard to achieve, I'd say even p2w games are considerably better than what you've been feeding us.

I'm usually not really the type to post on the Forums or voice my opinion on these matters because I know from past experience the developers nor half the community cares about the nonsense people spout. At first I thought Oghamsmith would bring in some changes to the competitive scene and overall gaming experience in Nosgoth, but I guess first impressions are deceiving. I feel like he's just another doofus that can't put his money where his mouth is. Don't ask people who have been playing this game competitively for more than a year for feedback when you literally don't do ANYTHING with it.

Honestly, how hard is it to fix an overpowered Sentinel? You guys were pretty fast with fixing the tyrant strafe/fps abuse, but somehow you can't do the same thing with Sentinel? You can't properly fix the dodging in League? You can't remove bloodweaver or adjust it? We've been giving you the same feedback for the past few months and you guys rather design new skins to unlock from chests. I guess we can all see your priorities here.

I've played a lot of different games casually and competitively but the developers here and the progress of the game takes the cake. I remember this game used to be casted on ESL and even Jason Kaplan was confused about the fact it takes you guys so long to fix simple UI stuff for spectator mode and what not. Either way I'm sure you guys will fix all the bugs and exploits, and possibly even release this game somewhere in the future, but don't expect the core of this community to stay and wait for this.

Oh and this patch sucks.

i don´t like all this salty feedback i can understand it out of the competetive perspective but at the end the game is in beta and if they don´t try things out the game will never make good progress in development
    i would´ve liked it if they disabled ladder for testing purposes plus there are a lot of people who would liked to have a pause in between seasons. but i guess it is way more interesting to see the new balance changes in competetive play :>

let the dev´s develop the game they are looking for feedback but we have to give them time to change things
    my advice enjoy the flappi bird and try to learn BM im sure it has potential somehow xD

Originally Posted by Tetszu
    let the dev´s develop the game they are looking for feedback but we have to give them time to change things
    my advice enjoy the flappi bird and try to learn BM im sure it has potential somehow xD
    We give them feedback - everytime. And they go and do the opposite.
    Community: "Sentinel is kinda OP"
    Devs: "Oh ok, lets give him an insta-damage ability with no cooldown or need to time or land afterwards"
    Community:

Community: "The party system doesn't work sometimes"
    Devs: "we just made a launcher where nothing works! - Isn't this awesome"
    Community:

Need I go on

Edit: Please refresh my boosters. I was foolish enough to put in an XP Booster for the beastmaster, before I realized that I don't wanna keep playing this garbage Sonic Boom spamming before you fix.. well.. everything.
    Last edited by Da_Wolv; 15th Mar 2016 at 17:31.

Let's be honest guys.. this time u messed up way too much. If u care about your core players, just revert the changes, abort the client system or at least just give us the possibility to start the game via steam AND COMPLETELY BYEPASS your client. Nothing nothing nothing is working correctly, not even remotely.

- We dont have our steam friends list and we need to re add everyone
    - Minimum of 6 letters and no spaces for the nickname (means that half of the players cant use their name)
    - You can't use your name cause it seems that the game checks the old names and this causes everyone to find their name taken
    - The game crashes when u try to close it
    - You can't use your customized avatar
    - Party system is COMPLETELY broken (you need like 10 invites to create a party, i see my friends offline while they are not and many other issues)
    - Game freezes far more than before
    - Waiting times are huge dunno why and the lobbies dont fill up

BUT

what we gain in exchange of this?

We will have smaller updates.

In this state, the game is just unplayable, im not exaggerating. And I don't even need to talk about balance cause, beeing this game in beta, I can accept OP things or any type of adjustment about balance.
    I really can't see how is it possible to miss these major things. Really, just roll back this patch. Its possibly the worst ever.
    I don't want to be rude but as a core player with 1800+ hours I really care about this game, its painfull for me to see where it is going and I'm thinking to quit it, in favor of games when the feedback has some value. It has been the same for about 1 year now.. every patch the same story. I think you guys need to understand that if a player comes here and waste his time writing a salty comment, is just because he loves the game and he does not want the game to die like it is happening in his current state.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    We give them feedback - everytime. And they go and do the opposite.
    Community: "Sentinel is kinda OP"
    Devs: "Oh ok, lets give him an insta-damage ability with no cooldown or need to time or land afterwards"
    Community:
    Is senti really that op? i guess it is since you have to counter it with prophet/scout/hunter
    but i think the new ability is kinda bad if you play against good hunters/scouts .... sure everyone is testing the BM who is quite bad against senti anyways and maybe in general not good enough

the thing with the party system is a problem but im sure they will find a way to let it at least work again pretty soon...
    im not saying everything is nice and cozy but i do think that nosgoth is a fun game especially for an free to play title !

i agree to 100% with hexmee, xeno, sasha & da_wolf !

i am really pissed that "wyp3" is an invalid name now and sonic boom is nothing but a bad joke.
    but i won't repeat everything the others already listed very well, i can only add that half our team is already considering to quit nosgoth aswell if this sonic boom spam doesn't stop VERY SOON ! it just kills the fun.

and the reward for season 4 is an "occult sonic boom" ? really? i kinda expected an "exclusive" effect or at least not an uglyness like this... at least change it to bloody fx or shadow fx, but this common occult fx is very disappointing....

Originally Posted by _Krypton_
    I become everytime -14 when i lose in leage. Nice bug Thank You Nosgoth Team:
    Well this is just outrageous; first about 5 lost matches were added to my league score. And i didn't even lose a league match today. Just now i tried one more league match. The teams were about even, but we lost with a few points difference.
    I was punished with -14. now i'm about to get kicked out of eternal because the league system is obviously messed up.
    So for now i can't play anymore until this is fixed. Also read my other post from earlier today.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...12#post2203412

YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS.

As of today, this game is unplayable.

40min total waittime for 2 casual Deathmatches.
    30min total waittime for NONE Ranked Games (i gave up)
    Private Server - not working for me and my homes.
    Sonic Boom is a huge joke.
    The new friend system is a huge joke.

i could go on but i already repeated enough and i can't really add anything that hasn't been pointed out by Hexme, Wolv etx.

This MAJOR issues need to be fixed ASAP. no delays, no excuses.
    As i said before, right now it is unplayable mainly because of the waittimes, and if you don't fix this issues RIGHT NOW, you WILL loose atleast half your playerbase. That's how it works, if your game is unplayable for weeks or even less, noone gives a about it anymore.

And yes, i am quite angry because i really looked forward to play the new patch all day.

And no, i don't mean to insult but i really really love this game and i don't want to see it die completely.

To quote your interview with gamereactor.
    "Oh yeah, it's always good to get multiple perspectives. Most recently we've been getting some experience from some of the upper ESL teams, which we're using to start our look at bug fixing, and a few changes for game balance."

Don't just say that, DO IT.

edit: get rid of the launcher, stay on steam. nosgoth will not survive without steam, trust me.

Okay, I hope this will be the Big Ben wake-up call as mentioned above:

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Delaying the update for almost a month, 'fixing bugs', and this is what you deliver?

- The launcher is . Small updates my , pulling in more people, yeah right. If it did anything, it pushed away players.
    - Please explain again why the possibilities of creativity from players was removed? (Talking about profile pictures from a select list, and names suddenly needing at least 6 characters)
    - You guys got really lazy. League 4.0 reward: flipping copy-past from existing fx (that one really stung, at least with the other league prices, we knew what we'd get). League 5.0 golden reskin of a class not even released. League 6.0, Stock tyrant reskin? Or is it not even a reskin, since you just put a League tatoo on him? Quite franly, I have no idea, we have not seen anything about it, even though we are in 2 weeks already.
    - When will you fix old bugs? I believe deciever footsteps are still around, floating decievers, grab and puncture still bit too powerfull, bloodweaver not fixed (Just to name some). Do you guys even care at all?

About 2 weeks ago, you guys started the next league season without warning. There was a massive outcry about it, yet nothing has been done. We are really talking to a wall here, are we not? It's pathetic. All I see when I look at this patch it a broken ability, a useless new class, more bugs and crashes than any other patch before, and most of all, just another way for you guys to sap away money from us. Buy 2100 runestones now, and recieve a tyrant skin? Right... New skins and remeshes!? In the chests everybody hates..

The war between humans and vampires is not destroying Nosgoth, its developers are.

Not that this rant matters anyway, we might as well be talking to deaf people here. I'm out. Deleting Nosgoth as I am typing this. If this game is still alive in 5 months, and it has improved, I might come back. If not, well, it has been a fun run.

Cya!
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Mar 2016 at 21:21. Reason: tou 3

I'd like to add one more thing.
    During my last league match i saw the well known "player has abandoned the match and will be punished messages" but at that moment all 8 players were ingame. i cannot recall the names but this strengthens my theory about fake/or ghost connections from other players. This could explain the odd matches that i supposed to have played and lost, while i didnt play them. i hope this helps the crew a bit to solve the issues we had since the update.

And besides these problems i sure had fun with the beastmaster and sonic boom. And i think the beastmaster is a nice addition once everyone gets the hang of his abilities. so its not all negative.

Friend system is broken sadly...
    Didn't import any of my old friend, didn't import any steam friends...and when i manually added my friends, i wasn't able to invite them...so i can only play solo as of now...

Also, there is a bug where you can't play private matches...i am being accused of being in a party (when im solo) and can't join.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    Anyone else having trouble finding games?
    Ranked never starts, TDM lobbies are always missing 1 person and are not filling.

Even with the recent patch having scared off half the population, how is it there was less downtime in early Closed Beta compared to now?
    Same here.Can not go ranked.Tells me Square Enix not synced......TDM often 1 empty space.

Originally Posted by River_
    The war between humans and vampires is not destroying Nosgoth, its developers are.

Not that this rant matters anyway, we might as well be talking to deaf people here. I'm out. Deleting Nosgoth as I am typing this. If this game is still alive in 5 months, and it has improved, I might come back. If not, well, it has been a fun run.
    Cya!
    I'm frantically refreshing my email inbox, but sadly, no invite to Overwatch Beta yet.
    Thank God for Steam family sharing, or else I'd be real bored by now.

Good evening guys. I think I'll just leave a small reminder of the Forum Terms Of Use here.
    I can understand the frustrations but please don't go over the top with it - please remain civil and constructive.
    Much obliged.

congrats on making me finally uninstall nosgoth after playing since closed beta. takes a special kinda developer to achieve that

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last