Thread: Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    What happens when you try to boot the game?
    The play button of the launcher don't work, i can hit it but never launch the game and back again to red, already reinstall all the visuals c++ with an the error "0x80240017" on the 2015 version, i'm running windows update now looking for updates, my SO is Windows 8.1...i was playing normally yesterday but after the update this problem showed up.

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith

We will be expanding the range of avatars available in the client. Ideally we would like to differentiate your display name (the name which everyone sees) from your username (the SEM name you use to sign in). This would allow two people to have the same display name (but different usernames), and could reduce the minimum character count requirement. This is a feature that we have talked about this internally, but haven't been able to get development time allocated to it. It's possible that we may be able to get dev time allocated to this at some stage in the future. Allowing you to upload your own avatars is also something that we have previously discussed, although is quite a bit trickier to do both from an infrastructural and legal standpoint.
    Thank you very much for the answer. That's what I was hoping for! Would be nice to see this in the future~

-

Been able to test a bit now and yeah... pretty much everyone already said it - Sonic Boom seems a bit OP atm... you can't really avoid it (like a Tyrant's charge) and the cooldown is pretty low for what it does... you can basically do it every few seconds.

It's probably still too early to give good feedback for the Beastmaster, but he has fun abilities and I love the voice/remarks he makes! Still gotta see how it will all fit together in teamplay though...

/edit: BM feels a bit weak compared to the other classes atm... still gotta figure out how to best make use of all the stuff he has, but... I feel like he generally dies somewhat faster, too... o:
    Last edited by NiamaraWeee; 15th Mar 2016 at 05:59.
    signature image

This is great and all but I still don't get why I have to gamble for skins? Seriously just put them in the regular store and make them a higher ruin price than the regular ones!! Ugh. For exalted, marked and anything special like wtf! Why should I get ruins to purchase something I want when I'm not even guaranteed I'll get it? And now you've added awesome summoner demon skins! Please let me buy them normally and not in some lame chest.

Nice patch

Originally Posted by NeloAngelicus
    The play button of the launcher don't work, i can hit it but never launch the game and back again to red, already reinstall all the visuals c++ with an the error "0x80240017" on the 2015 version, i'm running windows update now looking for updates, my SO is Windows 8.1...i was playing normally yesterday but after the update this problem showed up.
    I am also experiencing this problem. I was able to play a few games immediately after the update; but I got off to go for a run and now I'm dealing with the same issue.

I also just corrected an error after uninstalling what I thought were just redundant versions of C++.

increase cd of sonic boom or whatever new thing of senti.

sonic boom 1s cooldown OK. 10k dmg in 5 minutes when i only used sonic boom. not even meleed one time. GOGOGO 30 fps sent. even could need a 30 fps limiter now just for beastmaster flying+wallboost. this game becomes a huge joke. RIP

also 6 letter for name? ARE U SERIOUS?
    Last edited by kLauE187; 15th Mar 2016 at 09:16.

Since this patch, the game won't start when I click "Play" on the launcher. The button goes gray for a few seconds and then returns back to normal. Please fix it, I want to buy chests!

can anyone confirm, that u rly get the tyrant skin, when buying the 2100 runestone package?

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I am also experiencing this problem. I was able to play a few games immediately after the update; but I got off to go for a run and now I'm dealing with the same issue.

I also just corrected an error after uninstalling what I thought were just redundant versions of C++.
    Same here : http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=187095

(click image to enlarge)

So..
    apparently you can't create parties anymore and the game crashes when you try and exit it?
    I'm glad I waited so long for this.

Also: WHEN YOU OPEN THE GAME THE LAUNCHER -STILL- OPENS IN THE BACKGROUND AND DOESN'T TELL YOU.
    This is so annoying.

Edit: Hit detection is garbage on Shotguns. When you have a point blank weapon, the weapon should do damage on close range, but you cant hit people that are right in front of you.

Edit 2: Sonic Boom needs a cooldown.. just saying

Edit 3: Your loadout resets every game. Great

Edit 4: Everything the Beastmaster does feels sluggish and unresponsive. That might be deliberate, but its way too slow imho.

Edit 5: RIP Nosgoth
    Can't join up with other players anymore. The same party issues the game had under Steam at the start.
    Remind me again why we needed to move away from Steam, just when you finally got it to work properly there?

Edit 6: So great the new chests also feature Mysterious Pounces, Splitter Hatchets and Hand Canons.. I desperately needed one. Totally worth 1k RS.
    Last edited by Da_Wolv; 15th Mar 2016 at 10:09.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    So..
    apparently you can't create parties anymore and the game crashes when you try and exit it?
    I'm glad I waited so long for this.

Also: WHEN YOU OPEN THE GAME THE LAUNCHER -STILL- OPENS IN THE BACKGROUND AND DOESN'T TELL YOU.
    This is so annoying.

Edit: Hit detection is garbage on Shotguns. When you have a point blank weapon, the weapon should do damage on close range, but you cant hit people that are right in front of you.

Edit 2: Sonic Boom needs a cooldown.. just saying

Edit 3: Your loadout resets every game. Great

Edit 4: Everything the Beastmaster does feels sluggish and unresponsive. That might be deliberate, but its way too slow imho.

Edit 5: RIP Nosgoth
    Can't join up with other players anymore. The same party issues the game had under Steam at the start.
    Remind me again why we needed to move away from Steam, just when you finally got it to work properly there?
    4 or 5 weeks to bread this awesome . even if i close my game and launcher, it still states that im in nosgoth and i need to close it through my task-manager. cant wait to play double tyrant double sent in esl this week, GL dodging haha #RIP Nosgoth
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Mar 2016 at 21:09. Reason: filter circumvention

Originally Posted by kLauE187
    4 or 5 weeks to bread this awesome . even if i close my game and launcher, it still states that im in nosgoth and i need to close it through my task-manager. cant wait to play double tyrant double sent in esl this week, GL dodging haha #RIP Nosgoth
    At least BM and Sonic Boom will not be allowed in ESL yet..
    and I doubt Sonic Boom can be allowed as it is now.

For once though, they didnt break private lobbies. They seem to function as before. So.. well done?
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Mar 2016 at 21:34.

Originally Posted by Da_Wolv
    At least BM and Sonic Boom will not be allowed in ESL yet..
    and I doubt Sonic Boom can be allowed as it is now.

For once though, they didnt break private lobbies. They seem to function as before. So.. well done?
    Guess when we're at it, we don't allow 30 fps sent and eldrich with bloodweaver too.

4 or 5 weeks to bread this awesome shiece of pit. even if i close my game and launcher, it still states that im in nosgoth and i need to close it through my task-manager. cant wait to play double tyrant double sent in esl this week, GL dodging haha #RIP Nosgoth
    You don't need to use task manager. Just click the little up arrow in the system tray (it will have '^', some icons, then the date and time) then right click the Nosgoth symbol then click close. It's more complicated than it needs to be, but at least it lets the game shut down properly rather than forced, which can cause gitches.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Guess when we're at it, we don't allow 30 fps sent and eldrich with bloodweaver too.
    They should... but its hard to enforce.

Well, this is an awesome update but damn, so much stuff dampening my enthusiasm about it.

- game crashes when I try to close it (already mentioned)
    - sonic boom too little warning, too quiet, cooldown too short (and too annoying)
    - beastmaster seems to completely fail to do decent damage at close range where he's supposed to excel

- more chests... great -_-

The new friends/party system is COMPLETELY BROKEN, out of about 20 attempts to form a party, 2 were successful, friends did not get transfered from steam, and the game froze multiple times while trying to add friends, the friendlist shows people online/offline at random it seems as it frequently shows prople with their games closed online and the other way around. It aslo bugs out half the time showing you you have 0 friends. The game crashes every time on shut down resulting in having to use task manager to close it. Not even going to mention the balance of the new sentinel ability.

You keep saying you have people testing those things but with all this mess you keep creating nearly every time you patch thats getting picked up by every player instantly.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 15th Mar 2016 at 21:10. Reason: tou 10

Mayor issues with the point system for leagues since the new update !!

The first thing that i noticed is that my last league match from yesterday, just before nosgoth went down
    for maintenance, wasn't added when i launched this morning. I won that one, points could be two or more i am not sure.

Today i have played 2 league matches and 6 deathmatches. League ranked reports 3 or 4 matches more than i played and even deducted points for matches that i didn't even play. i've got a screenshot showing two matches are added after i quit playing. I won the matches that i played but still my points keep going down.

I need to know what is going on, maybe someone elses profile is mixed with mine,
    or my deathmatch losses are deducted from leagues.
    I had a crash during one league match and one deathmatch, but in both cases i reconnected within the timelimit.
    So i hope someone can fix this before i lose even more points without even playing.

So my last 3 league matches were victorious

deathmatch today : 4 losses, 1 draw and 1 win.

I also think that there are some sort of ghost connections on the league servers.
    When i check the servers that my steam friends play on, steam reports much more players
    than the usual 8/8, some even show 142/8.
    Maybe some players can't connect, but points are deducted because nosgoth reports them as leaver/quiters.

update: since i stopped playing after 11:30 CET on the EU servers, 3 matches were added as loss for leagues, my points keep going down. Also loading nosgoth is very slow

update 15:00: well my "losing streak" has ended for now. i think 5 matches were added because of losses in regular deathmatch, bad connection to league servers or other problems.
    Now i'd like to know if i can continue playing without having to worry about mysterious lost league matches.
    Last edited by Burial_Ground; 15th Mar 2016 at 18:43.

Originally Posted by Nurgor
    can anyone confirm, that u rly get the tyrant skin, when buying the 2100 runestone package?
    I can confirm it, I was at least able to do that before being locked out by the launcher.

I'm shocked , we're over the broken patch level, this is a real sabotage of the game.

1: Launcher ,what's the purpose? Smaller updates time by time ... Never seen any of them.Just 1 .This

2: 6 letters nickname, can't choose avatar , can't see friends , can't join with them.

3: If we didn't got any new players so far, but ,at contrary,we lost many of them , I think You should have addressed this bug fixes before releasing such a messy patch.

4:I have black screens when I try to launch the game,never happened.

5:Game remains open ,after closed,or crashes,and we have to force-kill the process in the OS task manager.

6:Sonic boom...no thanks

7:League system doesn't work from months,and u keep avoid the major problem.
    I made a suggestion time ago,noone of the devs replied on the feedback.
    I'll rewrite here for major views :
    4v4 :Good luck Have fun
    4v3: Good luck have fun
    4v2: Match ends istantly after 60 secs
    4v1: GG match HAS TO END immediately.

8: MMR isn't the decent way for league to work with.
    As an high MMR player I'm forced to play with newbies,losing a lot of matches cause 2 of my team don't even know how to shoot.On the enemy team,a well balanced team of decent players.

9: U should have focused more on ESL instead of leagues ,cause that's the place where ppl like me spend their time to study every angle of the game you created,that's where the heart of the game stays.TEAM-BASED game.

10: Why u don't use the launcher to download a separate Client of the game ,just for TEST client purposes(like the Battlefield 4 CTE project), and keep the good one on steam , so the majority of ppl can see it and actually download it ? I think steam is a way larger platform to mess with.

My list is gonna be long than this but...at this point there is no point in keep writing stuff,we know You will never listen and take care of the feedback we give to you.

I'm just disappointed cause this game has a lot of potential to the competitive scene and you are just messing with it.

Hello Community, i hope the things with the friends, the profilepictures and the names would be changed back. If not i dont play nosgoth on. I hope you change it because i really enjoy Nosgoth.

Can we just revert back to the last patch before the Launcher came out? That would be great.

Also: I love how you wanted to make it so you can't see your lobbies through the Steam Overlay anymore..
    Great Idea..
    TOO BAD IT STILL WORKS
    Last edited by Da_Wolv; 15th Mar 2016 at 13:39.

Actually I'm really glad you hold this patch so long off us. Just a simple question: Did you guys ever make your thoughts on WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY DOING TO THE GAME? 2 months of testing? What did you actually test? Skins, treasures and daily challenges working? The "7500 heal" just works as prophet. This is probably your testing. I just don't get why you even PULLED OUT THIS PATCH! Better put in content. Makes everything easier for you. Next time you should even try your changes out and make thoughts on how the game changes and how it can be used. Who cares about NEW STUFF. Who cares about having a launcher thats completely useless and shuts down every individual playing the game. Thanks Devs. I really enjoy the game now. I think new players get really attracted by seeing this game and old players also see what you've done to the game.

Great job!

EDIT: If you're planning a hotfix don't, please don't go for it like you did your "hotfixes" before. We don't want to play this more than 3 days.

I become everytime -14 when i lose in leage. Nice bug Thank You Nosgoth Team:

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last