Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

Patch Notes - 14th March 2016 - Beastmaster Update

(click image to enlarge)

Emerging from their humble abodes throughout the wilderness of Nosgoth, it’s time for the Beastmasters to stand and be counted in the ongoing war against the vampire scourge.

The Beastmaster - The Scourge of the Wild
    Bloody-handed mystics who serve as vengeful instruments of the natural order, the Scourge have sworn to cleanse Nosgoth of the blight of Vampire-kind no matter what the cost. Beastmasters are ruthless fighters who use powerful firearms and primal magic to purge their foes, but are best known for their supernatural ability to temporarily take on the form of a bird of prey and take to the air to continue the hunt.

Check out the Beastmaster’s Class Warfare video for full details about the next fighter to enter the fray.

Daily Challenges

(click image to enlarge)
    Daily Challenges have replaced the Daily Login reward. While slightly more challenging (the hint is in the name ) to complete, the overall loot drops are more valuable. By completing in-game tasks, you will earn points that go toward earning one of three unlocked chests. These chests can contain large sums of gold, better boosters, skins; and even Runestones and Keys!

Check out this post to learn more about Daily Challenges.
    Good luck with your missions Denizens!

Human & Vampire Chests

(click image to enlarge)
    As the war for Nosgoth heats up, the human race delves deeper into armouries of years gone by, searching for items imbued with arcane power. Equally, with the war intensifying, Vampires from across the land continue to step forward as they fight to save their race.

(click image to enlarge)

Quite a few new Human and Vampire skins will be available via these chests. Of particular note for fans of vampire kind is the ability to get new ghoul skins for your Summoner. These work in much the same way as the Vanguard’s various shields.

(click image to enlarge)

We'll be taking a closer look a these chests very soon. Stay tuned for more information!

New Sentinel Ability – Sonic Boom

(click image to enlarge)
    Barrelling down through the sky, Sonic Boom allows the Sentinel to deal damage to, and knock back, multiple foes while remaining airborn.

Sonic Boom is a primary ability designed to enable the Sentinel to harass and stun the human team, setting up the other vampires to commence a feeding frenzy.

Steam Launcher
    The Steam Launcher has been updated to run on the same backend as the Desktop Launcher, ensuring that you can add friends and create parties across either environment. Your Username and Avatar are also updated via the launcher now, as outlined here:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=185503

Ping 2.0

(click image to enlarge)
    Nosgoth’s ping system has received an upgrade to encourage further teamplay.
    • Vampires can now ping dead human bodies to make a set of vicious jaws to appear, indicating that food is available.
    • Humans can now ping health stations which make a blue cross appear above the station, indicating that someone on the human team wants to move there to heal.

League 4.0 & 5.0 In-Game Rewards
    Raziel’s Pride, the League Beta 4.0 reward, is a special version of Sonic Boom. As with all special variants, the abilitie's performance characteristics can be replicated within the forge. This is the only Sonic Boom variant that will feature the occult visual effect.

Hunter’s Gold, the League Beta 5.0 reward is a special variant of the Beastmaster’s Hunter shotgun. As with all special variants, the weapon's performance characteristics can be replicated within the forge. While all that is gold does not glitter, Hunter’s Gold certainly does.

Two Vanguard Shields in the Store

(click image to enlarge)
    The Vanguard has two brand new shields available in the store. One features a skeleton embedded into the front, and another formed entirely out of a dead animal skull.

2100 Runestone Purchase Thank You
    When you next purchase the 2100 Runestone bundle or higher, you will receive a brand new Armored Tyrant skin free of charge as a thank you for your purchase.

Fighting for Freedom: Nosgoth & Just Cause 3

(click image to enlarge)

The fight to overthrow the despotic rule of Kain is the most noble of just causes.

Anyone who owns Just Cause 3 & Nosgoth on Steam will receive an extra special bundle in Nosgoth to aid with their freedom fighting efforts. The bundle contains:

• 1 x JC3 Grapple
    • 1 x Medici Liberator Player Banner
    • 1 x Medici Rebel Player Banner
    • 1 x 2000 Gold

General Changes & Fixes

• The 5v5 Test Reward Banner has been granted to all players who earned it during the 5v5 Test.
    • All game modes can now be selected in private matches.
    • The initial game loading screen has been updated to utilise the latest piece of Nosgoth Art
    • The content of the end of match Leagues tab isn’t quite as shy as it was before. End of match Leagues information is now displayed correctly.
    • A number of Out of Memory crashes have been fixed with this update
    • Idle kick has been fixed to work more consistently. Don’t get kicked for being AFK!
    • A rare health bar glitch prevented health indicators from updating. This has been fixed.
    • Humans can no longer see bodies being dragged on the mini-map
    • Noscam replication has been improved, making Noscam files slightly more accurate
    • Particle effects left behind by vampires after death shall now dissipate into the ether.
    • Characters can no longer spawn inside of each other on Silenced Cathedral
    • Boosters now display their duration before being selected
    • Many minor visual polish tweaks have been applied across all of the classes in Nosgoth.
    • A great number of collision improvements have been made to Silenced Cathedral, many based on your feedback. Thanks!
    • Anyone playing Nosgoth in 4k will no longer need to reinstall the game after changing resolution.
    • “Get over here” achievement triggers more accurately.
    • Multiple Localisation fixes have been implemented
    • An Open Beta banner will be awarded to each player who participates in Nosgoth's Open Beta. This will happen once Nosgoth launches.

Known Issues:
    • Some collision issues are still present in Silenced Cathedral
    • League points at the end of Match may display incorrectly
    • Cannot watch Desktop client Noscam files in Steam client
    • The Friends tab in the League section may not populate
    • Importing friends from Steam to the new social system does not currently work. This should be resolved within the next couple of days.
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 16th Mar 2016 at 11:01.
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Square Enix Europe Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

Thanks everyone for bearing with us while we worked through today's maintenance.

During the work carried out today, we had to shift focus away from releasing the standalone desktop version of the client. Rest assured, work continues to prepare that for a public release as well.

----

We are currently rolling out class unlock tokens for players level 35 and over. Don't worry if you haven't received one yet. We are also still rolling out League 5.0 rewards. Again, do not worry if you have not received yours yet.

We hope you all enjoy this rather large update. There may well be a few bugs littered about the floor, if you find one, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Oghamsmith; 14th Mar 2016 at 23:29.

Just logged in so excited I am level 50 though and I had no class unlock token? What gives?
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

Beastmaster and Daily Challenges. And a new Sentinel ability. Neat. Lot of bug work, good.
    Will these new chests also be stuffed full of mundane garbage filler?

Anywho, off to play...

I sadly have the same problem as Truckposeidon

Any ETA for US servers coming back up?

@Truck

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    We are currently rolling out class unlock tokens for players level 35 and over. Don't worry if you haven't received one yet. We are also still rolling out League 5.0 rewards. Again, do not worry if you have not received yours yet.

We hope you all enjoy this rather large update. There may well be a few bugs littered about the floor, if you find one, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Enjoy!

Thank you for taking your time to do this properly, the hype is real!!.. unfortunately I have to goto bed for a 5am work start.
    But looking forward to beasting tomorrow after work!
    signature image
    aka: Hellsonix / LeMMy

Damn this is huge...i wonder why this hasn't been posted in the game updates section or the blog..
    Oh well, who cares...it's finally out!!!

Off to try it out

I can't seem to close the game normally, it just freezes every time. I have to alt-tab and force-close the game.

Do we have to re-add everyone on our friends list? It's still showing I have 0.

Lastly, I thought the league reward sent ability was to have a unique fx? Isn't the one released simply occult and occult versions be dropping during ranked games? When I read "unique" I was thinking something that would actually be unique to that, and not something that's already on every primary.

Otherwise, I'm liking this new update. Looking forward to when I'm able to actually get into a game and try some of this out
    signature image

Originally Posted by Oghamsmith
    Thanks everyone for bearing with us while we worked through today's maintenance.

During the work carried out today, we had to shift focus away from releasing the standalone desktop version of the client. Rest assured, work continues to prepare that for a public release as well.

----

Enjoy!
    Ahh sorry didn't see this post. Well can't wait to try it out soon.
    In Game name/Steam: {WLπ} Paget Brewster
    Alchemist/Deciever/Tyrant/Sentinel

Can't wait to stress test this baby :P

My game freezes as well when I try to close it.
    I had struggles party-ing up with a friend because of a whiped friendlist.
    signature image

WOWWIEE!!! When it rains, it pours! So much content!
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

It also seems to hard-freeze sometimes when I try and re-add my friends.

Scratch that, it seems to be hard-freezing when I search for matches too.
    signature image

Everything sounds cool and promising and you guys surely did a great job with everything... although currently, it just loads a black screen with music for me... and just like Sirfy said above, you can't close the game and have to force it through task manager... :/ so... can't really test anything as of yet... gotta wait til it works... /edit: At least loads into the game now... off for some testing!

The only thing I don't agree with, is the new Avatar and Username system... I like having my own custom Avatar (there aren't really many, nor good choices of the ones provided...), as much as I like to have my short Steam name ingame... but since you need more than 6 characters, I can't go by that name anymore... and even if there wasn't that limitation, this system seems to use the Square Enix account names, which means variations of it are already taken as well, which isn't so great... :/

I wish we could keep our former Avatar and Name... I know it's not the biggest concern, but it certainly is quite annoying and frustrating...
    Last edited by NiamaraWeee; 15th Mar 2016 at 00:36.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    WOWWIEE!!! When it rains, it pours! So much content!
    Marked Evolved skins. Enough said.

First of all, great update with a lot of content.
    My game freezes when i try to close it and i have to use the taskmanager to close it properly
    After two games with the new sentinel ability it seems pretty broken, you can just tap it once to get 300 damage, turn around and do it again because the cooldown is so quick. Not to mention the knockdown effect you get every time you hit someone.

I participated in the last league and got to Gold, yet haven't received my key.

The game won't start for me...steam version.

Why our friendlists have not been imported? I can´t remember everybody´s nickname and now many have changed it... That´s madness There is also this very nasty freeze which happens as soon as you click on somebody´s name in the search box, it freezes the game completely, there is only black screen, so you have to sign out (task manager does not help).

Poor selection of avatars is disappointing as well :/ Sonic boom seems to be broken and only works once for me per match, anybody else having issues? Those new marked evolved skins look sweet, too bad they are yet again in a set of new chests. As to the beastmaster, it is absolute chaos as players have no clue what are they doing just yet, but the flight seems a lot more jerkier and less precise than controlling sentinel for some reason. Trying to aim the fireballs midflight is almost impossible, so the swoop seems like a better option. The powershot is okay, but the affected vampire just slides away when hit, which looks really weird and unnatural.
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 15th Mar 2016 at 01:19.

I still haven't been able to get into matches to test anything. Unable to find any tdm games and when I try playing ranked, it just hangs at "waiting for more players" even though there's 8 [yeah you can still see who's in there with you]
    signature image

Sonic boom is too strong, it is basically a Tyrant's charge but with more contact range and higher damage, as if the Sentinels really needed something else to destroy a team with. Beastmaster seems to be fairly balanced but, like Sentinels, should probably be limited to two per match or something similar.
    On top of that Hellstrike for the Summoner is still very buggy and this wasn't mentioned in the patch notes, also not enjoying the account changes for the game, it looked and worked better with the steam link.
    Last edited by CimmerianWolf; 15th Mar 2016 at 02:21.

Probably need to make the minimum cooldown on Sonic Boom/Raziel's Pride something like 5 seconds. I can hit multiple times pretty quickly if I'm spot on with my aim and deactivate it after hitting one person. The cooldown can be as low as 1 or 2 seconds if I'm really accurate. My harassment level was very high and damage was not shabby even for a new skill. Think I hit 10k on my vampire match with Raziel's Pride, Puncture, and Takeoff.

Power Shot and Chain Lightning for the beastmaster seem a little slow to activate... or laggy. Chain Lightning just doesn't seem to hit often. In my opinion, it needs to activate a little faster to be better than Nature's Fury. The beastmaster is giving up a lot of time to be firing hit shotgun while Chain Lightning activates. Power Shot doesn't seem to stun like it was supposed to? Do vampires have to collide with a wall for stun?

Damage seems a little underwhelming after a few matches with beastmaster. On paper, it seems to be high but even at point blank, it seems on the weak side. I'll report again later.

The new Sentinel ability is overpowered. (And Sentinel's in general)
    I believe the radius is far too large for it. It becomes rather unpleasant when dealing with multiple sentinels using it. You get hit, staggered, then repeat.

Like you did with Capture the body, I think a class limit would balance it rather well, though I still think Sonic Boom is far too powerful.

Thanks for all of the feedback so far folks, please keep it coming!

Originally Posted by TohighToplay
    Any ETA for US servers coming back up?
    US servers were online as soon as the game came back up. It may just have been that you were attempting to connect to them right as the game came back online, when very US players had jumped in, and so you were sent to EU servers.

Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Damn this is huge...i wonder why this hasn't been posted in the game updates section or the blog..
    Oh well, who cares...it's finally out!!!

Off to try it out
    Because by the time I had the patch notes up here, and a few other tasks complete once the patch finally went live, I had to sprint for the last train home at 11:45 PM :P. I'll be updating the game updates page shortly.

Originally Posted by Sirfy1
    I can't seem to close the game normally, it just freezes every time. I have to alt-tab and force-close the game.

Do we have to re-add everyone on our friends list? It's still showing I have 0.

Lastly, I thought the league reward sent ability was to have a unique fx? Isn't the one released simply occult and occult versions be dropping during ranked games? When I read "unique" I was thinking something that would actually be unique to that, and not something that's already on every primary.

Otherwise, I'm liking this new update. Looking forward to when I'm able to actually get into a game and try some of this out
    Yes, we're seeing a relatively high number of players reporting complications with closing the game. We've earmarked this as a high priority issue to investigate.

Regarding the friends list. The initial design and implementation transferred any friends on your Steam list who had played Nosgoth (using an SEM account), to the new friends list. During today's maintenance, we found that the implementation in the live environment was not working as intended. We were forced to drop that feature as a result. Finding a fix is high on our priority list at the moment, as we don't want you to have to manually re-add all of your friends. I'm afraid I don't have an ETA on a fix right now. For the time being, feel free to re-add those friends who you'll be playing with in the immediate future. Hopefully we can get the feature to add the rest relatively soon.

Regarding Raziel's Pride. That is the only Sonic Boom that will have the Occult visual effect associated with it.

Originally Posted by NiamaraWeee

The only thing I don't agree with, is the new Avatar and Username system... I like having my own custom Avatar (there aren't really many, nor good choices of the ones provided...), as much as I like to have my short Steam name ingame... but since you need more than 6 characters, I can't go by that name anymore... and even if there wasn't that limitation, this system seems to use the Square Enix account names, which means variations of it are already taken as well, which isn't so great... :/

I wish we could keep our former Avatar and Name... I know it's not the biggest concern, but it certainly is quite annoying and frustrating...
    We will be expanding the range of avatars available in the client. Ideally we would like to differentiate your display name (the name which everyone sees) from your username (the SEM name you use to sign in). This would allow two people to have the same display name (but different usernames), and could reduce the minimum character count requirement. This is a feature that we have talked about this internally, but haven't been able to get development time allocated to it. It's possible that we may be able to get dev time allocated to this at some stage in the future. Allowing you to upload your own avatars is also something that we have previously discussed, although is quite a bit trickier to do both from an infrastructural and legal standpoint.

The reason that these changes were made, was to allow players on both the desktop and Steam versions of the game to actually play against each other, add each other as friends, join parties together, chat etc etc.

Originally Posted by NEYCeu
    First of all, great update with a lot of content.
    My game freezes when i try to close it and i have to use the taskmanager to close it properly
    After two games with the new sentinel ability it seems pretty broken, you can just tap it once to get 300 damage, turn around and do it again because the cooldown is so quick. Not to mention the knockdown effect you get every time you hit someone.
    I don't want to jump to conclusions about the balance of newly introduced classes/abilities too soon. I generally like to give them time to breath in the live environment. With that said, I foresee discussions about the cooldown on Sonic Boom in the not too distant future.

Originally Posted by KGOTHATSO
    I participated in the last league and got to Gold, yet haven't received my key.
    It's nearly 3AM here, so please forgive my memory here. I don't think we've delivered the keys for League Beta 5.0. I'll confirm/deny this tomorrow.

Originally Posted by NeloAngelicus
    The game won't start for me...steam version.
    What happens when you try to boot the game?

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Why our friendlists have not been imported? I can´t remember everybody´s nickname and now many have changed it... That´s madness There is also this very nasty freeze which happens as soon as you click on somebody´s name in the search box, it freezes the game completely, there is only black screen, so you have to sign out (task manager does not help).

Poor selection of avatars is disappointing as well :/ Sonic boom seems to be broken and only works once for me per match, anybody else having issues? Those new marked evolved skins look sweet, too bad they are yet again in a set of new chests. As to the beastmaster, it is absolute chaos as players have no clue what are they doing just yet, but the flight seems a lot more jerkier and less precise than controlling sentinel for some reason. Trying to aim the fireballs midflight is almost impossible, so the swoop seems like a better option. The powershot is okay, but the affected vampire just slides away when hit, which looks really weird and unnatural.
    There's a minimum velocity that you need to hit before you can activate Sonic Boom. You're likely traveling too slowly to activate whenever it "fails" to kick off. Steep dives tend to help in this regard.

The introduction of a new class is always going to have players flocking to try him out. As I've mentioned before, it'll likely take a week or two for this to calm down and a bit of a meta to establish itself with the new additions.

The Treshawk and Sentinel use considerably different rigs, so they way they seem to move will indeed be different. The Treshawk turns on its axis slightly more, which is certainly an odd sensation to get used to. It's interesting to see that aiming is your complaint with Wraith of the Firebird. Will take that note. Regarding Powershot's effect, MOBA games are typically where you see this kind of effect used the most, and it's fairly common for them to use the slide. A large number of players will be used to the ability being communicated that way, and know what to expect as a result.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last