Thread: How many Classes will be in game?

How many Classes will be in game?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    18

    How many Classes will be in game?

    How many more classes will make it to the game?

    Will we be capped forever at 6 per side after the Rahbim arrives? Only to have skins be released for income?

    I would like at least 2 more classes for each faction, so the team compositions can have more variety.


    Regarding the human faction, since they went with a Birdman - why not go full Lycanthrope?

    A human that can take the form of a Werewolf. Combating the vampires with dual forms, and perhaps a focus on agility.

    Vampires vs Werewolves please.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    750
    Originally Posted by Dracu-up
    I would like at least 2 more classes for each faction, so the team compositions can have more variety.
    Variety comes with a larger set of abilities. After the 6 classes for each faction having more creative abilities can more than make up for a 'lack' of classes. They can still churn out maps, too - maybe concentrate on different game modes that aren't.. y'know.. bad.

    Flashpoint and Capture the Body are great basic concept, but what is holding them back is a more restricted spawn system and designated maps with a more specific layout that supports the mode - not just throwing objectives into the existing TDM maps.
    I for one am looking forward to a time when they have time to focus on that stuff.

    Originally Posted by Dracu-up
    Vampires vs Werewolves please.
    No.

  3. #3
    Since the max level is 50 and you unlock a class after 5 levels, probably after the Rahabim class will be others 2, but since the vampires finished the clans, I think the last "vampire" will be the worship

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Dracu-up
    Vampires vs Werewolves please.
    Werewolves have not been seen in Nosgoth for centuries at this point. While I cannot recall if their fate is ever explicitly noted, I presume they are trapped.

    And I hope for new classes within each clan/faction, myself.

  5. #5
    Werewolves are kinda a mystery...
    It is unsure if they have control over themselves;
    If they go wild in that form (that's why they attack Kain maybe?);
    Are they slaves? (they are seen in areas with important things...like the Lost City and the Lightning Spell...are they guarding it?);

    I would love to see the Werewolves again, but would that fit Nosgoth? Specially considering humans are suppose to be ranged...all that asymmetric melee vs range thing...
    So should werewolves be in the vampire's side? Because vampires can transform into werewolves, although only Kain and Vorador have been seen doing it...

    Last thing also...i feel sometimes werewolves might have no faction, we never saw them interacting with humans. If they are not mindless creatures, who's to say they are on human's side?

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by ParadoxicalOmen
    Werewolves are kinda a mystery...
    It is unsure if they have control over themselves;
    If they go wild in that form (that's why they attack Kain maybe?);
    Are they slaves? (they are seen in areas with important things...like the Lost City and the Lightning Spell...are they guarding it?);

    I would love to see the Werewolves again, but would that fit Nosgoth? Specially considering humans are suppose to be ranged...all that asymmetric melee vs range thing...
    So should werewolves be in the vampire's side? Because vampires can transform into werewolves, although only Kain and Vorador have been seen doing it...

    Last thing also...i feel sometimes werewolves might have no faction, we never saw them interacting with humans. If they are not mindless creatures, who's to say they are on human's side?

    I'd say they have no faction save themselves. They'd be outcasted by regular humans given their dangerous affliction - werewolfism is just a different form of vampirism, an unnatural curse - but still viewed as cattle by the vampires.

    I also believe they live in the Lost City. They venture out, of course, but that's the place where they can always return and regroup with each other. A necessary haven given their status - shunned by humans but still targeted by vampires.

    I mean, they do appear to be its main residents and there's nothing terribly important to be guarding there. (Note: Dead things and demons also populate it, but the dead merely rise from where they were buried and demons go where the binding is weak enough to push through - only the wolves would really have chosen to take up the place). There are also chained prisoners (wolves would need food...) and a smattering of humans that we do not see change but may still be werewolves (or seeking to be given the curse). And it is sealed by a particularly large Moon Gate. Few would be out to access it on the full moon, and we meet no vampires there...

    There are also many trapped within the Moon Gate of the lightning forge. It may be that they were seeking that power to wage battle. Ostracized by human, subjugated by vampire, if only they had power to bring both to heel...Or at least to secure a decent state of free existence, left alone by their enemies. (Though I don't think they would gain the spell the way Kain did, as a naturally assimilated power. They would require some ritual or object through which to access and channel the magic. - They could perhaps blend werewolf ability with short-range elemental magics...)


    But that's just my take. They stumbled upon the Lost City at some point (they are not its architects) and settled it as a haven for their accursed kind. They located the lightning forge later and sought an opportunity to gain power that might raise them up from the wretched outcasts they are...Of course, they were trapped in the lightning forge when the moon waned and subsequently killed by Kain...And the Lost City was dragged down to the depths. And many more were killed by Kain during his travels.

    So wherever they are, their numbers may be thin unless they've been repopulating. And while I don't think the vampire shapeshifting is the same thing as their own curse, I imagine they are a resentful lot and could be persuaded to aid Kain's empire in exchange for a higher lot in life.

    Perfectly feasible for Nosgoth. And there is some nutrition to be found in blood so they could even feed the same if the devs didn't want to give them some unique meat-chowing animation.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 15th Mar 2016 at 23:29.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    So if I understand it, you need lvl 35 to unlock all current classes, when the Rahabim arrive it will be lvl 40. I understand the thought that this means there is to be another pair of classes after that because the lvl cap is 50; but the armory doesn't leave any space for a seventh class in each side. Perhaps it can unlock wraith features for all the vamp classes, being able to feed on the soul and leaving the blood for the regular vamps. The humans could unlock a new style of weapons: committed flamethrower for the Alchemist, harpoon for the Vanguard, myriad of throwing knives for the Scout, etc.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    So if I understand it, you need lvl 35 to unlock all current classes, when the Rahabim arrive it will be lvl 40. I understand the thought that this means there is to be another pair of classes after that because the lvl cap is 50; but the armory doesn't leave any space for a seventh class in each side. Perhaps it can unlock wraith features for all the vamp classes, being able to feed on the soul and leaving the blood for the regular vamps. The humans could unlock a new style of weapons: committed flamethrower for the Alchemist, harpoon for the Vanguard, myriad of throwing knives for the Scout, etc.
    Or maybe they will resize/change it

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    18
    After some consideration, I think that adding 2 more classes for each faction would be reasonable- particularly with the current unlock system of 5 levels per character unlock.

    And that seems like a fair amount. I would be happy with that number, and but more runes.

    I'm actually tempted to buy .ore now, with the Armored Tyrant skin being offered through rune purchase only. I wondered why the Tyrant skin offerings were all so bland and mostly color changes. The armor is a nice little upgrade.

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    Perhaps it can unlock wraith features for all the vamp classes, being able to feed on the soul and leaving the blood for the regular vamps
    I'm sure they'd add more armory space if they ran out.

    Thinking about it, they'll probably invent wraith FX (blue particles emanating from the vamp, maybe altered feeding to resemble soul energy instead of blood if they wanted to go all the way with it) then lock it away in the casino.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 16th Mar 2016 at 22:36.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    I'm sure they'd add more armory space if they ran out.

    Thinking about it, they'll probably invent wraith FX (blue particles emanating from the vamp, maybe altered feeding to resemble soul energy instead of blood if they wanted to go all the way with it) then lock it away in the casino.
    I like the idea of revived wraiths, however not as a priority with all the massive changes already going into the game.

    Some have suggested they would be a Melchahim class, but I disagree because it takes centuries of being trapped in the spectral realm and the Melchahim are only just experimenting with it. My other reasons are that the Razielim were in fact massacred centuries ago, and since their souls would be unable to return to their submerged/impaled bodies, they would have had no other choice but to adapt. The Razielim that we've seen so far, except for the evolved ones, are drastically different to how Daniel described as their culture and talents, however vampires bodies remain preserved when incapacitated. Therefore it would be a great opportunity to see more of what they were like before they were starved of blood and covered in chitin. They wouldn't have evolved their wings, but would instead have retained their spellbinding abilities from centuries ago and learned a few new ones from spectral.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    I like the idea of revived wraiths, however not as a priority with all the massive changes already going into the game.

    Some have suggested they would be a Melchahim class, but I disagree because it takes centuries of being trapped in the spectral realm and the Melchahim are only just experimenting with it. My other reasons are that the Razielim were in fact massacred centuries ago, and since their souls would be unable to return to their submerged/impaled bodies, they would have had no other choice but to adapt. The Razielim that we've seen so far, except for the evolved ones, are drastically different to how Daniel described as their culture and talents, however vampires bodies remain preserved when incapacitated. Therefore it would be a great opportunity to see more of what they were like before they were starved of blood and covered in chitin. They wouldn't have evolved their wings, but would instead have retained their spellbinding abilities from centuries ago and learned a few new ones from spectral.
    The Razielim already had wings when Kain's brood set upon them. Seeing them torn from the skies and mauled by vampires is what first sparked ideas of rebellion in the Watchers. So the wraiths would have wings, they'd just be tattered and bloodied like Raziel's after the Abyss. Maybe they even develop a version of Dumah's gift from SR considering that power was something he honed in the spectral realm as opposed to a natural evolution.

    I still anticipate wraiths as a casino "prize" if anything though.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 18th Mar 2016 at 03:38.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    @Ygdrasel, That would be a massive deal breaker for me, uninstalling the game permanently.

  14. #14
    For me the last vampire class will be the worship. Is the last Kain's forces don't used (considering Rahabim will be the next)

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    The Razielim already had wings when Kain's brood set upon them. Seeing them torn from the skies and mauled by vampires is what first sparked ideas of rebellion in the Watchers.
    Kain's brood killed most of the Razielim a few centuries beforehand. It was only when the ones hibernating in the Fane emerged that winged Razielim started to show up and the clans and the watchers realised there were any Razielim left.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Heathrow, London
    Posts
    758
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    The Razielim already had wings when Kain's brood set upon them. Seeing them torn from the skies and mauled by vampires is what first sparked ideas of rebellion in the Watchers.
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Kain's brood killed most of the Razielim a few centuries beforehand. It was only when the ones hibernating in the Fane emerged that winged Razielim started to show up and the clans and the watchers realised there were any Razielim left.
    Just to clarify here, only the elders of the clan had developed wings before the attack on the Razielim territory. A handful of the most highly developed of the clan, totally unknown to outsiders.

    When the other clans attacked the Razielim city, the Razielim were destroyed but those with wings launched a last desperate bid to reach the Fane - and went onto Dark Eden when they were discovered, where they were spotted by the Watchers and ultimately wiped out.

    After the decades in isolation in the Fane, wings became a common trait in the Razielim, enough for them to be seen in the Fledglings of the clan.

    So there were wings before, but they were so rare as to be virtually unknown. After the Razielim emerged from the Fane, wings were everywhere.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Kain's brood killed most of the Razielim a few centuries beforehand. It was only when the ones hibernating in the Fane emerged that winged Razielim started to show up and the clans and the watchers realised there were any Razielim left.
    Ah, well then. Wingless it is.

    @Zarxiel: Worshippers would be a great addition too. They presumably can't subsist on blood alone but we could always assume they're given proper food post-battle...If vampire worshippers do become a class, I still want to see the battle artifacts from Blood Omen make a return as abilities (given that they'd possess no supernatural inkling - I've got ability ideas written down someplace, might dig them up). And as far as melee/climbing, they could wear some sort of sharpened iron gauntlets.

    In keeping with the whole "expand the clans" thing what with vamp wraiths presumably being a secondary Razielim class, I'd maybe have vamp worshippers placed as a secondary class within the Zephonim. They aren't Zephon's children but given their typical locations in Soul Reaver (and Dominate Mind introduced in Nosgoth), it seems most likely that they are dominated thralls to his clan (at first, anyway - brainwashing can be a powerful thing...). Given the extent, range and duration of the control, it's even possible to be Zephon himself holding them under sway.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 19th Mar 2016 at 17:07.

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Ah, well then. Wingless it is.

    @Zarxiel: Worshippers would be a great addition too. They presumably can't subsist on blood alone but we could always assume they're given proper food post-battle...If vampire worshippers do become a class, I still want to see the battle artifacts from Blood Omen make a return as abilities (given that they'd possess no supernatural inkling - I've got ability ideas written down someplace, might dig them up). And as far as melee/climbing, they could wear some sort of sharpened iron gauntlets.

    In keeping with the whole "expand the clans" thing what with vamp wraiths presumably being a secondary Razielim class, I'd maybe have vamp worshippers placed as a secondary class within the Zephonim. They aren't Zephon's children but given their typical locations in Soul Reaver (and Dominate Mind introduced in Nosgoth), it seems most likely that they are dominated thralls to his clan (at first, anyway - brainwashing can be a powerful thing...). Given the extent, range and duration of the control, it's even possible to be Zephon himself holding them under sway.
    Maybe they don't drink blood, but heal with the supply station like humans. So they are a "vampire" class (even if they are humans) but their gameplay is the same of the humans classes. Remember too in a Lore post (the sacre and the prophane) they was cited.

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by Zarxiel93
    Maybe they don't drink blood, but heal with the supply station like humans. So they are a "vampire" class (even if they are humans) but their gameplay is the same of the humans classes. Remember too in a Lore post (the sacre and the prophane) they was cited.
    That would be an astoundingly bad decision. Opposing factions rushing to line up at the same healing stations?

    Pretty sure they can just stick to blood. It has some nutrient value regardless so it could still technically serve them. Or they could, lore-wise, be given some magical means (by their masters) of incorporating it for healing.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 19th Mar 2016 at 18:15.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,526
    Things I'd like after all clans and factions are in place.

    Alternate gender skeletons and skins for the clans, possibly also in the factions where its applicable.

    Not likely but, melee weapons for the vamps.

    Of course more abilities that represent the other things the clans are known for.

    Ideally for me anyway, I'd like the alternate genders to be distinct new classes for the clans and factions (with subsidiary factions for those that are exclusive to one gender like the Red Sisters and Drowning Men), each utilizing what the current classes are missing.

    Female Razielim that utilize Sorcery, maybe new fledglings that don't yet have wings or wraiths that died before acquiring them.

    Female Turelims that utilize TK, they are aware of it so it wouldn't be too hard to imagine there would be those committed to developing it.

    Female Dumahim that utilize Melee Weapons in the same Loadout setup as the humans, make a brawler exclusive class.

    Need to know what the Rahabim have before seeing what is missing.

    Alchemic Female Zephonim, utilizing various potions and poisons against humanity.

    Male Melchahim that special in Blood Manipulation through spells and sciences.

  21. #21
    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    new fledglings that don't yet have wings
    It's become a standard trait by this time so new ones would develop them basically immediately. They could do interesting things with a wraith though.

    That would actually be a nice way to check off two things people want though, alternate-sex skins and abilities more in line with what the clan backgrounds/SR suggest. Merge the two. And it'd create an interesting biological (and/or sociological) element to the clans if each sex has developed in different directions within each clan...(In which case, there could just be some Razielim that lack wings for whatever reason.)

    If only one clan were to have melee weapons, it indeed ought to be the Dumahim. Maybe clubs or some kind of stave.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 27th Mar 2016 at 23:08.